/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dead Soldier's Christmas message

Blackpool
12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
The girlfriend of a British soldier who died trying to stop suicide bombers in Afghanistan received his Christmas card the day before his death.

L/Cpl David Kirkness, 24, from Morley, West Yorkshire, was one of two soldiers who sacrificed their lives to stop an attack on a packed marketplace.

Mel Maclean, 31, said the card included the lines "sorry aint going to be home with you all" and "love you babes".

She choked back tears as she told how she had last spoken to him on Sunday.

She received the Christmas card the next day.

Ms Maclean said L/Cpl Kirkness's mother had told her he was going to ask her to marry him during a family holiday planned for April next year.

She said his letters always talked about a surprise he had for her and she now knew that was a marriage proposal.

She said that felt "really special".

Ms Maclean added: "I knew if it came to somebody or himself, he'd save somebody else.

"He's a hero - there's no other word for him. We're all really proud of him."

L/Cpl Kirkness's father Chris agreed that his son was a hero.

He said: "It's what he does. He's always put other people first and it's what he's done again.

"I just want to remember him for what he's done.

"He's given his life to save a hell of a lot of people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8422194.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
L/Cpl David Kirkness, 24, from Morley, West Yorkshire, was one of two soldiers who sacrificed their lives to stop an attack on a packed marketplace.

This Christian soldier gave his life to save the live of many Muslim women and children in the market place.

Merry Friday to everybody!

-

Supreme
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
This man truly is a stellar example of heroics. To save people of different cultures, faiths and races, whom you've never met before, by giving up your own life, is nothing short of outstanding bravery. A role model for all those trying to achieve justice in an unjust world.

zakirs
12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
very sad indeed :( .. my heart goes out for the family

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Just goes to show, both sides lose in war...

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 12:14 AM
I love you soldier:cry:

Thank you and your family for sacrificing your life to save others.

I hope to see you in the afterlife.

Go with God my brother. Amen

Vito
12-24-2009, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Just goes to show, both sides lose in war...
Whats sad is that its for nothing. The ones who are suffering the most are the people of Afghanistan and Iraq because they are the ones who lose everything.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
Whats sad is that its for nothing. The ones who are suffering the most are the people of Afghanistan and Iraq because they are the ones who lose everything.
Why would you say it is for nothing? just asking

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:34 AM
this is sad :( the death of any 1 always saddens me :( I say we should make george bush go fight in this war and make his children to fight in it.

leaders of today are cowards, in the old days they would be in the battle.

جوري
12-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Let this be a lesson to all war mongers .. don't want your boys to lose life or limb don't send them to where their lives will lay in utter waste..
I don't believe one bit he was trying to save people from a 'suicide bomber' but I do believe it looks good to give him a hero's exist to quell his family and bride to be.

[4:104] And slacken not in following up the enemy: if ye are suffering hardships, they are suffering similar hardships; but ye have hope from Allah, while they have none. And Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
War sux! I hate war......can't we all just get allong?

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:44 AM
^not when we have leaders who don't listen to their people :( it's all apart of the illumnati and masonic agenda. look up "the new world order" their plan is a 1 world government that rules from Israel.

do research on the new world order and illumati and masons.

I'll give you a good series to watch it's called the arrivals here's 1 episode of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5Szpi_cNA

watch it from part 1 that's part 35

جوري
12-24-2009, 02:44 AM
That is a good question, should be directed at the folks puppeteering everyone to do their bidding and why folks feel compelled by such simpletons and their simple speeches.

The 'if you are not with us, you are against us' type!

all the best

Ummu Sufyaan
12-24-2009, 02:48 AM
^ couldn't agree with you more.
oh the utter bs we get fed through the media +o(

suicide bomber? they do realize that these so called suicide bombers wouldn't be there in the first place if their men weren't on their soil...omg pls tell me that they have at-least figured that out :hiding:
if they really cared about saving lives, they would have packed their bags and weapons up and headed for home long ago.

The girlfriend of a British soldier who died trying to stop suicide bombers in Afghanistan received his Christmas card the day before his death.
and the evidence for that is? :hmm:

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
^not when we have leaders who don't listen to their people :( it's all apart of the illumnati and masonic agenda. look up "the new world order" their plan is a 1 world government that rules from Israel.

do research on the new world order and illumati and masons.

I'll give you a good series to watch it's called the arrivals here's 1 episode of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5Szpi_cNA

watch it from part 1 that's part 35
You watch too many movies, Some of my family are/where Masons. There are even Muslim Masons, They keep a Qur'an and a Bible in some of the ummmmm....meeting places. I was told that some of my family were Illuminati:shade: but no one says anything they say its a myth.....btw, I am not affiliated with any of these groups. see disclaimer below.

Look up "Skulls" as well

Disclaimer: Italianguy s not affiliated in any way with the masonic and or Illuminati groups;D

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
You watch too many movies, Some of my family are/where Masons. There are even Muslim Masons, They keep a Qur'an and a Bible in some of the ummmmm....meeting places. I was told that some of my family were Illuminati:shade: but no one says anything hey say its a myth.....btw I am not affiliated with any of these groups.

Look up "Skulls" as well
hmm interesting that is, what is Jay z?? I was told he's a mason and also madonna. they always have satanic messages in their songs, like jay z, one of his songs if you play it backwards says "murder murder jesus"

I was under the impression that they were luciferians who worship satan. and carry out all sorts of satanic rituals. and what's the 1 eye about on top of the pyramid??

I know it's something to do with the sun god horus, hmm I was told that's why we have a day called "SUN DAY" for the "SUN GOD" horus. Who's represented by the all seeing eye on top of the pyramid.

fascinating stuff, make a thread about this lol not boxing :phew

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:00 AM
hmm interesting that is, what is Jay z?? I was told he's a mason and also madonna. they always have satanic messages in their songs, like jay z, one of his songs if you play it backwards says "murder murder jesus"

I was under the impression that they were luciferians who worship satan. and carry out all sorts of satanic rituals. and what's the 1 eye about on top of the pyramid??

I know it's something to do with the sun god horus, hmm I was told that's why we have a day called "SUN DAY" for the "SUN GOD" horus. Who's represented by the all seeing eye on top of the pyramid.

fascinating stuff, make a thread about this lol not boxing :phew
okay okay, calm down....didn't you read my disclaimer?lol

i can ost that thread, i did some research on the masons, and talked to a master mason(i was looking to join at the time) but they can only tell you stuff after initiation. ......ummm nope not me. Nobody will EVER know the truth behind the masons .....ever. It is said that they are the keepers and protectors of the truths of faith.

Did you see where i said there are Muslim Masons too?

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 03:07 AM
^ yeah I was told secret socities like the illumanati and masons have a hidden agenda and they've inflitrated the top positions in government. They're at the top of society and their agenda is a new world order, 1 world government that rules from Israel. And something to do with the anti christ.

I saw the bit about Muslim masons, but I was told the lower level masons aren't exposed to what goes on at the top levels. have u ever thought about joining a mason lodge jus to see what goes on in there?? do you think they'd kill you if you spoke out telling their secrets??

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:08 AM
^ yeah I was told secret socities like the illumanati and masons have a hidden agenda and they've inflitrated the top positions in government. They're at the top of society and their agenda is a new world order, 1 world government that rules from Israel. And something to do with the anti christ.

I saw the bit about Muslim masons, but I was told the lower level masons aren't exposed to what goes on at the top levels. have u ever thought about joining a mason lodge jus to see what goes on in there?? do you think they'd kill you if you spoke out telling their secrets??
I'm not allowed to say.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:12 AM

I'm kidding, yeah i have thought of doing that. and yes, you have to move up in rank to know anything of importance. Usually a master Mason is pretty knowledgeable, you have to be careful though they arent stupid, they have infiltrators all the time only a few relly know why they are who they are. and from what i am told only 12 know exactly why, only 12 at all times, and it doesn't matter if they're Muslim or Christian.:shade:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-24-2009, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
except for their reward for patience (inshallah).

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm not allowed to say.
One thing I do know is that I can garauntee they are reading this, right now!:shade:

I can also say with confidence at least a couple on this forum are Masons

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 03:24 AM
One thing I do know is that I can garauntee they are reading this, right now!:shade:

I can also say with confidence at least a couple on this forum are Masons
:hmm: are you a mason?? I won't tell any 1 promise!!! lol. haha.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:27 AM
:hmm: are you a mason?? I won't tell any 1 promise!!! lol. haha.
ummmmm....no. :shade:

but its funny, we talked about that and all of a sudden my computer loses internet and the thread is gone on my computer:hmm:

everything we said, can you still see it? all mine are gone except the first page?

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 03:29 AM
yeah I can still see it hmm hmmm strange indeed

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:32 AM
yeah I can still see it hmm hmmm strange indeed
I had many generations in my family that where Masons....or Illuminati.

NOw we are under Wa

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Okay....ummm I am going to refrain from refering to any of the before mentioned oganizations. Please direct your questions of the afformentioned groups to a seperate thread.

Thanks.

Supreme
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I prayed for this brave soldier this morning. May God be with him.

Vito
12-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Why would you say it is for nothing? just asking
8 years later, the only thing to show for it is the money wasted, the lives lost, and the damage done. Not only did it effect those two countries but, also their own. The reasons why we're there in the first place is BS and the only thing they are going to get out of this 'war on terror' is more people who hate them. Just a few reasons why I say its for nothing.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I prayed for this brave soldier this morning. May God be with him.
Amen brother! Me too.

Muslim Woman
12-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
The girlfriend of a British soldier who died trying to stop suicide bombers in Afghanistan
Do u have any details of the death ? How did he know there is a suicide bomber ? How he tried to stop him /her ? Why did not he shoot him/ her from distance ??

When i think about the family members , I feel sorry . But think ...the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan already killed and will kill thousands and thousand innocent people including kids .

Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered Since The U.S. Invaded Iraq "1,366,350"

www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq/iraqdeaths.html

Don't know how many Afghan people are slaugherted . Only God knows the exact figures .

Ummu Sufyaan
12-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Do u have any details of the death ? How did he know there is a suicide bomber ? How he tried to stop him /her ? Why did not he shoot him/ her from distance ??
what i find rather interesting, is the condemnation of suicide bombers and yet they remain silent over their troops dropping bombs fro the sky over civilians homes. i cant get my head around it.

Muslim Woman
12-25-2009, 04:09 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
... and yet they remain silent over their troops dropping bombs fro the sky over civilians homes. i cant get my head around it.
There is an interesting comment of an American Defense Official about another country but can be applicable in that case : when they do it , it's terrorism , when we do it , it's ......I forgot the word ....fill in the blank with a positive word lol .

GuestFellow
12-25-2009, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
what i find rather interesting, is the condemnation of suicide bombers and yet they remain silent over their troops dropping bombs fro the sky over civilians homes. i cant get my head around it.
I find that odd too. Thousands of men, women and children have been killed, what I hate the most is that the West justify these killings and do not understand that they have made a mistake. They feel as though only they have license to kill.

These suicide bombers are the product of western aggression over the last 60 years of interference with Muslim countries through wars, occupation and funding corrupt governors. When Muslim blood is spilled no one cares, when western blood is spilled, there is a parade...this has been demonstrated through the media.

I have sympathy for the soldiers who have died, they have been mislead by the government to fight for nothing, however I have more sympathy for the civilians since they did not choose to fight. I do not support the soldiers who have gone to fight because they are carrying out duties from the government, those duties shall implement a political system that is designed to support the West first. I admit at times I have no sympathy for the soldiers...

Oh well, all you can do is sit back and watch.

Snowflake
12-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Gossamer Skye: I don't believe one bit he was trying to save people from a 'suicide bomber'
Same here. I can't believe some muslims actually believe that. The U.S and U.K are using their men like pawns.

Argamemnon
12-25-2009, 09:50 PM
The only good western soldier is a dead western soldier. They are there to kill Muslims, let's not get lost in semantics.

Muslim Woman
12-26-2009, 07:47 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
The only good western soldier is a dead western soldier. They are there to kill Muslims...

Very harsh comment but most probably sadly it's true .

Supreme
12-26-2009, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
The only good western soldier is a dead western soldier. They are there to kill Muslims, let's not get lost in semantics.
Indeed, they are there to kill Muslims. And Afghans. And people associated with the Taliban. And people with black hair and dark skin. And people who happen to have machine guns who happen to be firing at them. And people who carry suicide vests. All these different types of people they're there to kill. If only I could draw some sort of relation.

zakirs
12-26-2009, 12:47 PM
brother while your post is partially true , life is not as black and white as it seems. Say if some body harms me and runs away to countryA , do i have the right to bomb and invade CountryA simply because there are no rules to extradite him ?

GuestFellow
12-26-2009, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Indeed, they are there to kill Muslims. And Afghans. And people associated with the Taliban. And people with black hair and dark skin. And people who happen to have machine guns who happen to be firing at them. And people who carry suicide vests. All these different types of people they're there to kill. If only I could draw some sort of relation.
Well the term Taliban itself is very misleading, the government have categorised everyone fighting against the troops as Taliban which creates confusion. We have the Taliban who call themselves students, then the Taliban who are the warlords who fought against the Soviet Union and civilians who see the foreign troops as invaders are fighting against them. All of them have different motives and the government simply labeled them as Taliban.

The only reason these people are fighting back with suicide vests and guns, is because we have foreign troops coming over and killing the civilians. Many civilians during the start of the war were sent to Guantanmo Bay, when captured.

Some civilians have been raped, killed and tortured. So personally I can understand why some people are fighting back as they feel threatened. Britain had nothing to do with this either...

Blackpool
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM

No one as brave and bold as the British troops

Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Edit........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.