/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Experience

AnonymousPoster
12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
:sl:
Just about a week ago, something very disturbing happened to me. I was on my home from university on a small bus,when the guy sitting next to me touched with his elbow my breast, at first I thought it was an accident, because the bus was crowded. So I didn't take much notice, then it happened again, but this time it was longer, still I didn't think on purpose, the tird time he started to massage, that was when I became alarmed. After a couple minutes he stopped. All this time I was petrified and terrified, I didn't dare to utter a word, after 5 minutes he started to 'touch' me again but this time it was my legs. Now I started to panic, I didn't look in his direction straight forward, pretending I wasn't feeling anything. I was looking out of the window, praying to Allah to make him stop. We were almost near my home, but now it started really to go out of hand so I called for the bus driver to stop> He looked shocked and didn't dare to look in my direction, I tried to step on his foot on my way out, but I missed:phew. All this time I didn't dare to speak and ask for help, I just let it happen, am I coward. I feel so stupid. How would you have reacted in such a situation. :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Salaam sis ..

I am very sorry that it happened to you.. you should have got out of the seat right away the first time and may be move to another seat or just stand. :( .

Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 02:28 PM

subhanallah, sis please don't take this the wrong way, but by ignoring it you were allowing him to continue. As the brother said, its better to move straight away. Make absolutely clear that it is not acceptable. even if it meant you standing all the way home.

May allah give you strength, ameen

Caller الداعي
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
astagfirullah imsad !!! may Allah protect our muslim sisters from such filth

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Strange, I didn't go anonymous, but anyway, the bus was crowded, and the first time it seemed like an accident. I just feel very stupid for acting this way.

aadil77
12-21-2009, 02:56 PM
theres alot of this harassment goin on in egypt isnt there? sis next time don't be afraid of making a fuss out of it, you should punch them straight in the nose then shout out loud about it, the guy won't dare do anything

Salahudeen
12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah don't be afraid of looking at people in a nasty way if they do something you dislike, ur not a coward sis, next time jus get up and move away after the first time. at least you shouted "stop" in the end and didn't sit there letting him abuse you. I hope u gave the filthy dog a disgusting look as u walked past :raging:

AlHoda
12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
When I got out ,he didn't dare to look at me, I was pretty angry.

Salahudeen
12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
it's good you showed anger that usually makes people stop and think twice even a turn of the head and a long nasty look would've made him think twice but what's done is done no point looking back thinking "I should've done this" you know the right thing to do next time now.

he probably thought u were gonna make a scene in front of the whole bus and got scared.

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
:sl:this is why i started paying for private buses on my way to see my family it happened with me loads of times on the public buses. junkies sitting beside me and try to get a quickie in the back of the bus loads of times i had to change sits so i understand how you feel sis one time it was so bad i had to stop the bus to and the minute i got off i started to burst out crying once i was nearly followed all the way to my home

Salahudeen
12-21-2009, 03:28 PM
^ :cry: sister's carry panic alarms with you and just set them off when a man tries to hassle you. imsad and try to get a mehram to accompany you to protect you from these animals on the street imsad

if u can't get a mehram make sure u take ur panic alarm and other protective things. :(

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 03:35 PM
loads of things went through my mind that maybe it was my fault imsad

is it the fault of the girl if a man behaves that way? :( i was dressed pretty modest the only thing that might not have been modest was that jeans i was wearing the time but since then ive changed alot in how i dress

Salahudeen
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
No it's not the girls fault a man should have self control, but this is why women have to dress modestly cos there's animals out there who can't control themselves.

even when they're dressed modestly though they still get harassed sometimes by these animals :( it's not the girls fault it's the guy who's following shaytaan :((

Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM

it certainly was not your fault sis. that is victim mentality to blame yourself. HE was in the wrong and he will be punished for what he has done. he has caused you upset and pain. he should feel awful for what he has done.

inshallah next time, try to move a little quicker. and i agree, if you are travelling far take a mahram with you if possible.

TrialByFire
12-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Definitely was not your fault, sister. If I were you, I'd have kick him in the balls!

AlHoda
12-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh, cat eyes , if I just could hug you, may Allah protect you from these animals. Where do you live if I may ask?

:wa:

markislam
12-21-2009, 06:53 PM
yes make a big fuss dont care about what people think

جوري
12-21-2009, 07:02 PM
you scream and call for help sister, the same way you asked the bus driver to stop...anyway I assure you, you are not alone, there are many perverts out there, and believe me if I drive now and refuse to ride in public transportation it is because I have met with similar situation(s)..

may Allah swt protect you and all our sisters

ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
so majority of our sisters go through this #$&*#WY%$W(*T :@ ?!

threads like this make me wish i never joined LI, not the thread starters fault, just im gnna be in a raging mood for time now...

too many sickos out there, sisters plz protect urselves..

جوري
12-21-2009, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
so majority of our sisters go through this #$&*#WY%$W(*T :@ ?!

threads like this make me wish i never joined LI, not the thread starters fault, just im gnna be in a raging mood for time now...

too many sickos out there, sisters plz protect urselves..
There are many creepy *******s out there and not just in the middle east.

some handy man touched my sister when she was 7 imagine that, I was just a baby, I have no recollection of the event but was told that my brother ran to get my dad, and my dad almost threw the son of a ***** from the 9th floor to his death if it weren't for neighbors pleading, neighbors had to come and intervene since my dad beat the crap out of that son of a ***** for a total of nine flights up dragged him to the balcony to kill him... it is actually one of the reasons that make sisters not want to say anything, how horrifying to think that my dad could have been taken to prison for the murder of someone...

astghfor Allah al3li il3atheem..

may he save us from all the sickness in this world..

IbnAbdulHakim
12-21-2009, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
There are many creepy *******s out there and not just in the middle east.

some handy man touched my sister when she was 7 imagine that, I was just a baby, I have no recollection of the event but was told that my brother ran to get my dad, and my dad almost threw the son of a ***** from the 9th floor to his death if it weren't for neighbors pleading, neighbors had to come and intervene since my dad beat the crap out of that son of a ***** for a total of nine flights up dragged him to the balcony to kill him... it is actually one of the reasons that make sisters not want to say anything, how horrifying to think that my dad could have been taken to prison for the murder of someone...

astghfor Allah al3li il3atheem..

may he save us from all the sickness in this world..
jazakIllah khair for that i needed it

your father is a true man may Allah reward him.

جوري
12-21-2009, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
jazakIllah khair for that i needed it

your father is a true man may Allah reward him.
It isn't good to lose your life and ruin your family for some turd bag.. one incident like this can really change your life and everyone else.. I appreciate that my old man was angry but seriously dragging someone to their death isn't a wise thing to do by any means.. I am glad we had sane neighbors ..
Al7mdlillah, Allah swt looked out for my family...
May Allah swt save us..

:wa:

Woodrow
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
If it happens once in a crowd, it could be an accident. Typically if it is a genuine accident the man will be as embarrassed as you and try to rapidly move away from you, avoid looking at you and act like he is unaware he touched you.

If it happens a second time, make a fuss, that is not an accident unless the man happens to be blind. a female relative of mine makes a gagging sound and acts like she is going to vomit all over the man. She never had anybody make a third try.

Never, leave the situation open long enough to allow a third time. At the third time the man will assume you like it.

AlHoda
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If it happens once in a crowd, it could be an accident. Typically if it is a genuine accident the man will be as embarrassed as you and try to rapidly move away from you, avoid looking at you and act like he is unaware he touched you.

If it happens a second time, make a fuss, that is not an accident unless the man happens to be blind. a female relative of mine makes a gagging sound and acts like she is going to vomit all over the man. She never had anybody make a third try.

Never, leave the situation open long enough to allow a third time. At the third time the man will assume you like it.
Jazakallah, you're right, I should have done something. This reminds of another story, which happened a couple of years ago, but this guy really scared the crap out of me. I was 14, studying at highschool, a taxi always brings home in the afternoon, but he was always very very late.There was a school guard then who closed the schooldoors when everyone leaves, siince my taxidriver always arrives very late, i ws forced to wait outside the school. While I was waiting, this guy in his car came parking the car nearby the street i was standing, at first I thought, oh ordinary guy, just parking, waiting in his car or something. Then the next thing I set my eyes on absolutly shocked me, I almost threw up, it seemed this guy who was waiting in his car nearby where I was standing was checking me out, doing, how shall i put this ( his male pleasure-for-himself-thing+o():raging: I didn't no what to do, he also noticed that I realized what he was doing, then he called for me asking for something but i pretened I never heard it and just said no,thank you and quickly walked to the school doors, but then he started to folow me with his car, which when I really panicked. But alhamdullilah, he left and afteer a couple of minutes the taxi came. I will never get that digusting scene out of my head, what really bothered me that he thought of me as on of those sleazy girls, but I was dressed quite modest, the school uniform was a shirt not thight, and a skirt and white scraf, what can be so exciting about that. I never have understood thatimsad

Binyamine
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Peace Mercy And Blessing Of Allah be upon all of us.

The first thing that should be done at that instant was to SHOUT OUT LOUDLY.

Because if any sister kept silent, the "rapist" would take it as if you are "enjoying" it and take your silence as consent.

Anyway, i think that it was courageous of you and this will be a reminder for the other sisters. May Allah help you dear sister in Islaam.

Hamza Asadullah
12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Just about a week ago, something very disturbing happened to me. I was on my home from university on a small bus,when the guy sitting next to me touched with his elbow my breast, at first I thought it was an accident, because the bus was crowded. So I didn't take much notice, then it happened again, but this time it was longer, still I didn't think on purpose, the tird time he started to massage, that was when I became alarmed. After a couple minutes he stopped. All this time I was petrified and terrified, I didn't dare to utter a word, after 5 minutes he started to 'touch' me again but this time it was my legs. Now I started to panic, I didn't look in his direction straight forward, pretending I wasn't feeling anything. I was looking out of the window, praying to Allah to make him stop. We were almost near my home, but now it started really to go out of hand so I called for the bus driver to stop> He looked shocked and didn't dare to look in my direction, I tried to step on his foot on my way out, but I missed:phew. All this time I didn't dare to speak and ask for help, I just let it happen, am I coward. I feel so stupid. How would you have reacted in such a situation. :cry:
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister do not kick yourself about this situation because it is natural for anyone to be in shock when encountered with such a situation and you just went into a state of shock and disbelief that this was actually happening to you.

You have learnt from it now and you know that these things can happen so next time my sister if a guy is standing to close to you just move places.

If anything like this ever happens again then you should raise the alarm and make sure people around you know what this man tried to do so that he can feel ashamed for his actions.

You should also make it clear to him that would he like it if someone did the same to his mother or sister? This would make him feel very ashamed at his actions. Inshallah you have learnt from this my sister so do not worry over it.

Just try not to catch a bus too late and always try to be accompanied by your male mahram or if not then another sister.

Can i ask do you wear hijaab and jilbaab? If not then i recommend that you start doing so immediatley as this would dramatically reduce the chance of anything like this happening again as well as the fact that it is an obligation on a woman to cover her definitions and awrah so as to not ignite lustful gazes from other men.

and Allah knows best

IslamicRevival
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Allah Hu Akbar. May Allah SWT protect our brothers and sisters of Islam. Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2009, 01:29 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
*shocked*

sometimes when really odd and distributing things happen to us, we really are too much in shock to do anything and just sit there numbed really. so i dont think you are the first and last to go through it.

what a freaking weirdo. honestly, cant believe someone would do that. you should have broken his jaw :p. that's sexual harassment, get the police involved :D where was the bus driver in all this? did he see anything?
if you dont wear hijab, do so. if you do, wear a niqab :p

i think it'll be also worth getting in contact with the bus company and alert them of sexual harassment cases on their buses so that they can curb it next time :)

but if that was me, i would have whacked him i think and/or got my brothers on to him :omg:

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 04:00 AM
To bad i wasn't on the buss.....I would have kicked his a** through the window! Makes me sick how these Godless punks do this kind of crap!

You did right. your NOT a coward. It could have been worse had you said something and made him mad.

Come on men!!! Keep your eyes open all the time. If you see something weird like this don't worry how big the dude is. Plant a hard fist in his face.

Our women are our future, PROTECT them at all costs!

MAN!! I wish I was there! :raging:

I had something similar happen in a subway to a couple of Muslim women I had to stand up for....very similar. I almost lost an eye...but they were safe and thats what counts.

God be with you.

syilla
12-22-2009, 05:10 AM
:salamext:

Its happened to me once while i'm learning to drive with an instructor and he got his hand on my leg. ... and i got panicked and didn't even do anything just let it be. And no one truly understands why i just stay quiet (My assumptions)

But after that i just stay alone in my room and not talking to anyone. And didn't finish my driving lessons until two years after that...with different school.

To tell the truth...this is the first time i'm telling to anyone not even my mother.

and i understand why some girls got panicked and can't even think what has happened.

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

Its happened to me once while i'm learning to drive with an instructor and he got his hand on my leg. ... and i got panicked and didn't even do anything just let it be. And no one truly understands why i just stay quiet (My assumptions)

But after that i just stay alone in my room and not talking to anyone. And didn't finish my driving lessons until two years after that...with different school.

To tell the truth...this is the first time i'm telling to anyone not even my mother.

and i understand why some girls got panicked and can't even think what has happened.
It truly saddens me to hear these story's.imsad

PLease sisters, report these pigs. If nobody says anything it could be a freind of yours later. I hate to put it like that but it's true.

I need to start an "Italainguy rental service" so i can watch these bad dudes and "remove them" :raging:(Italian term) if necessary. ......My wife says i look like a body gaurd anyway.....this could be lucrative business.:statisfie

May God protect you all, always!

zakirs
12-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I need to start an "Italainguy rental service" so i can watch these bad dudes and "remove them" (Italian term) if necessary. ......My wife says i look like a body gaurd anyway.....this could be lucrative business
That would a nice idea. :)

جوري
12-22-2009, 08:16 PM
you mean hired goons?

Insecured soul
12-22-2009, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
It truly saddens me to hear these story's.imsad

PLease sisters, report these pigs. If nobody says anything it could be a freind of yours later. I hate to put it like that but it's true.

I need to start an "Italainguy rental service" so i can watch these bad dudes and "remove them" :raging:(Italian term) if necessary. ......My wife says i look like a body gaurd anyway.....this could be lucrative business.:statisfie

May God protect you all, always!
yeah that way you can earn a living and also serve society :D

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
you mean hired goons?

lol, I wont comment. Not a goon, i'm to nice to be a goon...my uncle calls me and my brothers "Goomba's"

I plead the fifth.;D

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
yeah that way you can earn a living and also serve society :D
That would be nice.:D

Pure Imaan
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Astagfurillah, it werent your fault AT ALL sis, its true, its natural to thnk 'Was it something I did' .. If that was me I would have shouted loudly DONT TOUCH ME and given him EVILSSS as I was walking away honestly, it just infuriates me when I hear stories of men doing things like that.. next time sis don't be afraid to speak up!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.