/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To all my brothers and sisters in places with snow storms

zakirs
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Salaam,

To all of those who are suffering from extreme cold up north, hope this helps.

Hope weather improves there soon ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Ahh Just what I needed.

Im freezing out here. :skeleton:

sister herb
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks about hot coffee.

:statisfie

I was just came back to home from middle of snow storm.

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
i am freezing my poor little feet are cold :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
12-21-2009, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
Then maybe these would help a little...

zakirs
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
:( ..

these heated shoes can help may be :P...

i hate the pink though :|

Salahudeen
12-21-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
lol put 4 pairs of socks on that'll work trust me.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-21-2009, 07:11 PM
my sisters collapsed into a sleep besides me out of the cold lol and i just took my nieces/nephews out for a snow fight

enjoy the cold people, it aint gonna last :D

there really is beauty in everything

جوري
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
well it doesn't help because I am fasting insha'Allah and can't be tempted with a nice cup o coffee .........

there is only one thing that helps...

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-21-2009, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
well it doesn't help because I am fasting insha'Allah and can't be tempted with a nice cup o coffee .........

looool i spent 1 whole minute wondering

"i thought sis skye was smart, what makes her think fish help????" then i realised the hot water bottle ;D !

جوري
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
"i thought sis skye was smart,
That is just a rumor that I started :D and I am glad you are perpetuating it :D:D:D

what makes her think fish help????" then i realised the hot water bottle ;D !
I tell you they installed these new 'ergonomic' units in our home (I don't want to start *****ing) since I never seem to keep my fast when I set out to fast (but I digress).. They are awfffffffffffffful beyond description.. I had the most amazing unit before and now :raging::raging::raging::raging: even when it is off it comes on automatically (they say it isn't a flaw in engineering [yeah right]) they say it happens so the units always self-renew or some crap like that.. bottom line is they don't keep you warm in winter or cool in summer.. thus the only way to get through the winter is with

(frogs this time) and in the summer with a

Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 07:36 PM
:sl:

lol brother Hakin, I wondered the same thing too :P

alhamdulillah im feeling warmer now. Im sat by the fire with the cat on my lap drinking freshly sqeezed honey and lemon. Im on a tea ban! so had to find an alternative...no milk for me

Rabi'ya
12-21-2009, 07:41 PM

zakirs
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM

This would not be of any help to skye sis i guess :D :D

جوري
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
This would not be of any help to skye sis i guess :D :D
I know imsad I didn't want to say anything.. but on the bright side I have just one hour and 24 mins left insha'Allah to breakfast .. easy pleasy I think these are the best days to fast...:D

zakirs
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I know imsad I didn't want to say anything.. but on the bright side I have just one hour and 24 mins left insha'Allah to breakfast .. easy pleasy I think these are the best days to fast...:D

may allah bless you for your nafl fasts sister :)

جوري
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
may allah bless you for your nafl fasts sister :)
Jazaka Allah khyran, but I have many many days to make up, I estimate a good two months worth..and if I do the monday thursday fast then it will be a long time before I am done..

May Allah swt enable me to complete them all before I die..:hmm: and may he accept them insha'Allah..

zakirs
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran, but I have many many days to make up, I estimate a good two months worth..and if I do the monday thursday fast then it will be a long time before I am done..

May Allah swt enable me to complete them all before I die..:hmm: and may he accept them insha'Allah..

ameen

I like sleeping when its too cold. Its +5 Celcius here and i am already thinking ill die of cold.

جوري
12-21-2009, 08:32 PM
ameen

I like sleeping when its too cold. Its +5 Celcius here and i am already thinking ill die of cold.
the cold actually preserves life.. you never pronounce someone dead if they are hypothermic and in asystole .. you wait until they are warm and in asystole and then pronounce them dead :lol:

I am not kidding though.. lowering temperature preserves function and is actually the remedy to some arrhythmias like supraventricular tachycardia.. one of the known methods of aborting said arrhythmia it is to dunk ones head in extremely cold water....

and Allah swt knows best

I<3Bush
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
That is just a rumor that I started :D and I am glad you are perpetuating it :D:D:D

I tell you they installed these new 'ergonomic' units in our home (I don't want to start *****ing) since I never seem to keep my fast when I set out to fast (but I digress).. They are awfffffffffffffful beyond description.. I had the most amazing unit before and now :raging::raging::raging::raging: even when it is off it comes on automatically (they say it isn't a flaw in engineering [yeah right]) they say it happens so the units always self-renew or some crap like that.. bottom line is they don't keep you warm in winter or cool in summer.. thus the only way to get through the winter is with

(frogs this time) and in the summer with a

I'm not sure what type of heater you got but maybe the thermostat is set to run on a "schedule" of some type? I used to install and work on ac units down here and by default, the thermostats we installed had schedules already set. That is basically where the unit runs on its own depending on the times/dates/temps. its set for. They can be turned off as well if you want. But then again, yours might not be centralized so I don't know :hiding:

جوري
12-21-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I<3Bush
I'm not sure what type of heater you got but maybe the thermostat is set to run on a "schedule" of some type? I used to install and work on ac units down here and by default, the thermostats we installed had schedules already set. That is basically where the unit runs on its own depending on the times/dates/temps. its set for. They can be turned off as well if you want. But then again, yours might not be centralized so I don't know :hiding:
It is indeed a thermostat but not central there are three separate units, and even on a schedule it is still controlled from an outside center a unit that must be installed in the bathroom closet (pls don't ask me why) I always thought that needing a license to get a TV was the stupidest thing people could come up with but these new units are even worse.. they make me so angry to think about, that I'd rather think of a way around using them.. It has never been a problem for me in winter because I don't like artificial heat anyway it makes me uncomfortable and headachey however in the summer time I like my room to be an absolute igloo .. I need the cold and this machine does nothing by way of cooling...:hmm:

Vito
12-21-2009, 09:53 PM
It is indeed a thermostat but not central there are three separate units, and even on a schedule it is still controlled from an outside center a unit that must be installed in the bathroom closet (pls don't ask me why) I always thought that needing a license to get a TV was the stupidest thing people could come up with but these new units are even worse.. they make me so angry to think about, that I'd rather think of a way around using them.. It has never been a problem for me in winter because I don't like artificial heat anyway it makes me uncomfortable and headachey however in the summer time I like my room to be an absolute igloo .. I need the cold and this machine does nothing by way of cooling...:hmm:

Maybe you have whats called a damper system. Its pretty much one A/C unit with multiple thermostats so where you can control the temperature in different rooms without having to cool/heat the whole house. All those thermostats get tied into one module (the box in the closet possibly) where it controls the motors in the ducts and whatnot. Maybe whats happening is a thermostat in one room has a lower reading than whats in the other rooms and that is causing it to turn on. Each thermostat works independent of one another.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic :omg:

جوري
12-21-2009, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
Maybe you have whats called a damper system. Its pretty much one A/C unit with multiple thermostats so where you can control the temperature in different rooms without having to cool/heat the whole house. All those thermostats get tied into one module (the box in the closet possibly) where it controls the motors in the ducts and whatnot. Maybe whats happening is a thermostat in one room has a lower reading than whats in the other rooms and that is causing it to turn on. Each thermostat works independent of one another.
Jazaka Allah khyran..:shade:

Vito
12-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran..:shade:
I know its a 'shot in the dark' trying to figure it out without knowing the equipment and I'm probably way off anyways but its worth a try :p

syilla
12-22-2009, 02:44 AM
The hot bottle is such a nuisance :p

Why not try the heated pillow just charge it with electricity for a 8 minutes... then you can use it till noon.

and you can find it in many colours :D

جوري
12-22-2009, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
The hot bottle is such a nuisance :p

Why not try the heated pillow just charge it with electricity for a 8 minutes... then you can use it till noon.

and you can find it in many colours :D
because I'd worry all night that I am going to be electrocuted

syilla
12-22-2009, 02:55 AM
because I'd worry all night that I am going to be electrocuted

/electrocute.jpg[/IMG]
lol... no ukhtee. you only need to charge them for 8 minutes. You only used them after charging them. It lasted till noon. ;D

In Malaysia the cost is only RM60.00...

and it is from Taiwan :D

Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2009, 02:56 AM
best way to tackle the cold is to keep your feet covered all the time, blast the heaters up, drink a hot drink.
its awesome when its cold... i love the rain and wind....i love standing under the rain...subhanallah, very soothing. you people should try it one time<---the more you get used to the cold, the less cold you become. my brother taught me something really wise to keep the hands warm in winter: wash them in cold water.

IslamicRevival
12-22-2009, 02:57 AM
^^ Haha. It is very chilly, just opening the door whilst inside for a couple of seconds can make the room cold again. That's how bad the weather is. Allah Hu Akbar, I love you Allah SWT :)

جوري
12-22-2009, 03:02 AM
lol... no ukhtee. you only need to charge them for 8 minutes. You only used them after charging them. It lasted till noon. ;D

In Malaysia the cost is only RM60.00...

and it is from Taiwan :D
you guys are so progressive lol.. I am light years behind...
that is pretty neat, and they look just adorable.. would probably work great in my old country considering the voltage and AC adapter ...

xxx

syilla
12-22-2009, 03:04 AM
^^^ what is your old country ukhtee? :D

maybe this the time everyone of you should come and visit me in Malaysia :p

جوري
12-22-2009, 03:10 AM
^^^ what is your old country ukhtee? :D

maybe this the time everyone of you should come and visit me in Malaysia :p
you know.. that one over there :embarrass hehe
I am insha'Allah going to visit Malaysia, been dying to visit..

I hear you guys got mermaids

syilla
12-22-2009, 03:22 AM
^^^ oh yeah that picture... very old picture. what you see is what you get lol.

جوري
12-22-2009, 03:42 AM
what the hell is that? it is plastic isn't it? saw more of it and it and it was creepy..more of a siren than a mermaid eeeeek

syilla
12-22-2009, 03:58 AM
what the hell is that? it is plastic isn't it? saw more of it and it and it was creepy..more of a siren than a mermaid eeeeek
i don't know where the picture came from actually is it from indonesia or from Malaysia...but definitely is a fake. I can't remember why is it fake though...lol.

Vito
12-22-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.thefeejeemermaid.com/forsale.htm

Hey, you can even buy them and, um, put them...um.... in your attic?? To be honest, I'm not sure where you would put them. :hmm:

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Salaam,

To all of those who are suffering from extreme cold up north, hope this helps.

Hope weather improves there soon ?
Oh Yeah! The Ferrari will keep you warm! Especially the heated seats and stearing wheel. I can tell you though, make sure you put on winter tires. They can get sideways in the snow;D

I had an F-430.......till I got marriedimsad

Now I have an awesome family car.........imsad

O to be single again.

Just kidding I wouldn't trade my wife for the world.......or maybe a.......

جوري
12-22-2009, 04:27 AM

Hey, you can even buy them and, um, put them...um.... in your attic?? To be honest, I'm not sure where you would put them. :hmm:
:haha: what a hilarious gag gift, and I was just thinking today what a waste most gags are.. ah the look on my mother or sister when I hide one of these in a place they are sure to frequent ;D;D;D;D;D

a few yrs ago I was made a dupe of by a friend of mine who had given me this gift which she alleged were snake eggs and that her mother absolutely refused to have them laying about the house, they came in this brown envelope, well I was pretty freaked out, and when I tried to cautiously open it it rattled like like the plague.. well I threw the envelope on the floor and screamed like a mad woman while my friend practically wet herself laughing.. it was just metal with wound rubber that unravels upon opening -- I got her money's worth out of it by freaking everyone in my family and haven't since found a gag really worth my while.. until now :D

Media Tags are no longer supported

جوري
12-22-2009, 04:32 AM

Media Tags are no longer supported

syilla
12-22-2009, 04:38 AM

thank you for sharing!!!!! interesting... now i can tell the others. And did you know there is once in Malaysia's museum they exhibit ghosts artifacts...and they say it is true...and they don't bother to make a research on the authenticity.

And i'm sure they bought it from this guy too...huhu

جوري
12-22-2009, 04:40 AM
My God I just looked at the prices...I think that is why they belong in a museum..

جوري
12-22-2009, 04:42 AM
they'd be a great missing link though for all those evolutionists out there .....

syilla
12-22-2009, 04:48 AM
My God I just looked at the prices...I think that is why they belong in a museum..
Malaysian are soo absorbed with supernatural...that they love to believe everything happened is because of ghosts and spirits... thats why the museum is a hit.

And because of that the muslims council has to work more. :omg:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worl...ewsid=30031838

Malaysian museum cancels ghost exhibition after fatwa

Kuala Lumpur - A Malaysian museum which had defied calls for it to stop a popular exhibition on supernatural beings Friday cancelled it after an Islamic fatwa, or religious decree, was issued, state media said.

Thousands of visitors have been drawn to western Negri Sembilan state's musuem since it launched the ghost and genie exhibition on March 10, due to run until May 31.

Its curator had resisted calls from Malaysia's arts minister and a mufti for it to be shut down amid criticism that encouraging a belief in ghosts was un-Islamic.

But Negeri Sembilan's state secretary Kamaruddin Siaraf, also chair of the state museum board, said Friday the exhibition was terminated after Malaysia's National Fatwa Council ruled against such events.

He said the decision was made out of respect for the council's views, the state Bernama news agency reported.

The National Fatwa Council Thursday reportedly ruled that exhibitions on ghosts, ghouls and supernatural beings were forbidden, as they could undermine the faith of Muslims.

"Supernatural beings are beyond the comprehension of the human mind. We don't want to expose Muslims to supernatural and superstitious beliefs," council chair Abdul Shukor Husin was quoted as saying in the Malay-language daily Berita Harian Friday.

Abdul Shukor said the council's decision would be presented to all of Malaysia's state governments for gazetting as religious law.

"Only state governments have the power to take action, especially concerning the ghostly exhibitions," he said.

Malaysians have a lingering fascination with all things supernatural, despite the criticism.

A belief in spirits and black magic used to be common in rural Malaysia, bred on myths and superstitions. It was used to gain power and wealth, and to harm enemies.

The practice reached its height during the sultanate days of the 16th century, but faded away as the influence of Islam grew in this multicultural nation.

Agence France Presse

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Just install heated tile floors in your bathrooms and kitchen like i did for my wife:D

I used real slate its called "India autum" stlye. It looks good, but it feels awesome! My wife loves them. :D

جوري
12-22-2009, 04:52 AM
if they'd pass if off for what it is then maybe they shouldn't close it?.. I mean they have a wax museum here, there is nothing real or scientific about it.. it just for amusement.. but I get where you are coming from .. I think folks the world over are very amused by the occult and supernatural..
I think the reality of things is stranger than the magical things folks conceive but I suppose each is to his own...:hmm:

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 04:55 AM
if they'd pass if off for what it is then maybe they shouldn't close it?.. I mean they have a wax museum here, there is nothing real or scientific about it.. it just for amusement.. but I get where you are coming from .. I think folks the world over are very amused by the occult and supernatural..
I think the reality of things is stranger than the magical things folks conceive but I suppose each is to his own...:hmm:
Thats the truth!:D

syilla
12-22-2009, 04:58 AM
you maybe right... but you don't know the Malaysian. They believe in magic and get scared for every single little thing. Everything is because of jinns...and even the black magic they think is halal.

and also the museum said is the 'real' ghosts...huhu.

Even now i can find some people that i know practice black magic to control the husbands... :uuh:

Vito
12-22-2009, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Just install heated tile floors in your bathrooms and kitchen like i did for my wife:D

I used real slate its called "India autum" stlye. It looks good, but it feels awesome! My wife loves them. :D
That sounds pretty neat. I've heard about them before but never looked into it as it never usually gets cold where I live but, how do they work? Is it just some kind of heating element underneath the tiles?

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:03 AM
That sounds pretty neat. I've heard about them before but never looked into it as it never usually gets cold where I live but, how do they work? Is it just some kind of heating element underneath the tiles?
It's a long electric wire (element as you said) insalled between the tile in the grout on top of the subfloor. Like an oreo cookie;D Then hooked to a thermostat (that my wife doesn't know how to use) She leeves it on all year! It gets hot here(she loves the heat.....Indians:hmm:)just kidding. I installed them myself, I am an electrical contractor and electrical engineer.

They work awesome!

جوري
12-22-2009, 05:08 AM
you maybe right... but you don't know the Malaysian. They believe in magic and get scared for every single little thing. Everything is because of jinns...and even the black magic they think is halal.

and also the museum said is the 'real' ghosts...huhu.

Even now i can find some people that i know practice black magic to control the husbands... :uuh:
huhu.. I like that idea..

they do it in the west without the jinn.. jinn are too busy with their own affairs, they don't need to be running errands for folks in Malaysia or Egypt ;D;D;D

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:12 AM

they do it in the west without the jinn.. jinn are too busy with their own affairs, they don't need to be running errands for folks in Malaysia or Egypt ;D;D;D

Ohhhhhhh Nooooooooo! Don't tell my wife and Zainab about mind control!!!

Pleaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee!

This could be bad.

syilla
12-22-2009, 05:21 AM

hmm...where i can buy that? i'm already a manipulator i think...and maybe this book can turn me into a specialist ;D

you don't know how bad they control the husbands...the husband becomes so stupid in their actions, and they cooked and do the house chores everyday for the wife without complaining, and is so sad to see the way the husbands are. You'll definitely be sympathizing if you see the husbands...even they previously have been a bad husband. If you know the method they have used...it is so disgusting and dirty. +o(

جوري
12-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Maybe there is a rational explanation for all of this? surely there are many ways to get your husband to do things for you that don't involve mind control......

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:25 AM
hmm...where i can buy that? i'm already a manipulator i think...and maybe this book can turn me into a specialist ;D

you don't know how bad they control the husbands...the husband becomes so stupid in their actions, and they cooked and do the house chores everyday for the wife without complaining, and is so sad to see the way the husbands are. You'll definitely be sympathizing if you see the husbands...even they previously have been a bad husband. If you know the method they have used...it is so disgusting and dirty. +o(
Uh Oh I'm in trouble. You are all going to start an epidemic of husbands that listen!........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hmm:. lol

syilla
12-22-2009, 05:27 AM
edit has reread skye's post :hiding:

syilla
12-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Uh Oh I'm in trouble. You are all going to start an epidemic of husbands that listen!........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hmm:. lol
lol... i don't think so. you men can marry another one if we do such thing...

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh no no no.........My wife would kill me first. I'm a pretty big dude, but i never have seen anything till i saw (my wife) an angry little 5'2'' tall Indian woman get angry........She yells at me in Tamil and shes the first brown woman i have seen, that her face turns red.:raging:.....lol;D

She would tie me up in a Saree and dump me in the riverimsad....just kidding

My wife is the sweeeeeeetest woman in the world!:D

Got to be careful.......she's looking at me like i'm doing something wrong.

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Sometimes if we argue she will yell at me in Tamil and I smile. That makes her so mad;D .......I think its cute.

We will argue with each other in 2 different languages( Italian and Tamil) .........it gets us nowhere;D

Plus, I know a little Tamil......It's cute to hear her try to speak in Italian with that strong Indian accent;D

sister herb
12-22-2009, 05:54 AM
And more snowing today...

:nervous:

Please instead heater or hot water bottle could you send me a shovel that I can dig myself out under all this snow?

Snowplow too is ok.

Fטлку
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM

That's not helping :p
Thanks for the coffee though ;D

zakirs
12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Sometimes if we argue she will yell at me in Tamil and I smile. That makes her so mad .......I think its cute.

We will argue with each other in 2 different languages( Italian and Tamil) .........it gets us nowhere

Plus, I know a little Tamil......It's cute to hear her try to speak in Italian with that strong Indian accent
lol .. Lost in translation

(she loves the heat.....Indians)j
you cant help it brother ;) .. here in india in my home town , it never goes below 15 :| and in summer it reaches 50 celcius .. so you know we are accustomed to heat :)

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 08:18 PM
lol .. Lost in translation

you cant help it brother ;) .. here in india in my home town , it never goes below 15 :| and in summer it reaches 50 celcius .. so you know we are accustomed to heat :)
I can't wait to go to India! Can't wait my friend. I have been telling my wife I want to move there........She considers it sometimes....I was about to buy a flat in Chennai for about $14,000.00 US, Thats Cheap! We were going to use it in the summer. She just usually stays with family.

zakirs
12-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I can't wait to go to India! Can't wait my friend. I have been telling my wife I want to move there........She considers it sometimes....I was about to buy a flat in Chennai for about $14,000.00 US, Thats Cheap! We were going to use it in the summer. She just usually stays with family.
Trust me brother.. Buy the house but still stay with the family lol. Its fun to stay with indian families , its like a huge comedy show with lots of love from relatives added to it :)

Italianguy
12-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Trust me brother.. Buy the house but still stay with the family lol. Its fun to stay with indian families , its like a huge comedy show with lots of love from relatives added to it :)
OMG! when we go to her families house its such an event, Aachi cooks for like 5 days prior to us comming and its like a huge funfest.lol Dude the food is AWESOME! Her Biryani is the best! I get so sick eating too much, but Aachi shovels it into my mouth.lol She never stops feeding people.:statisfie

It's just like my family but we're LOUDER. lol

I barely eat Italian food anymore...only Indian......plus i hate forks and spoons;D

Supreme
12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Snow is awesome. I love it how in the summer we had temperatures of 32 degrees and now we have freezing temperatures and snow. My first white Christmas, and boy am I pleased. I just hate the ice it leaves behind.

Banu_Hashim
12-22-2009, 08:58 PM

hot water bottles are the BEST. Alhamdulillah for their invention!

sister herb
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM
At the cold nights I prefer to use "space sheet", above my normal blanket. It help to keep me warm.

:statisfie

Beardo
12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
OMG! when we go to her families house its such an event, Aachi cooks for like 5 days prior to us comming and its like a huge funfest.lol Dude the food is AWESOME! Her Biryani is the best! I get so sick eating too much, but Aachi shovels it into my mouth.lol She never stops feeding people.:statisfie

It's just like my family but we're LOUDER. lol

I barely eat Italian food anymore...only Indian......plus i hate forks and spoons;D
Especially in the subcontinent, all the family members come around if someone comes from out of country. LEaving all their arguments etc aside. It's so fun.

I remember we had an apartment building. Whole thing was the family's, and so there was an empty flat. About twenty of us, age range between 10-35 lol, played hide and go seek in the dark. Awesomest time ever.

جوري
12-22-2009, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I couldn't agree more as I rest both my feet now on top of that very brand (fashy) in a huggable form..

can't get a better, cuddlier, warmer friend :D

Supreme
12-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I love it when you you get into a cold bed. Nothing is worse than not being able to sleep because it's too darn hot.

Rabi'ya
12-22-2009, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
prior to hotwater bottles, these ash pans were used to heat the beds. taken from the wood/coal burning fire and put between the sheets to warm the bed before getting in. this was during my fathers childhood :)

Beardo
12-22-2009, 11:24 PM
^ In my father's childhood, they used hot irons or something near them to use as heaters...

I actually enjoy the cold more than the heat. I wish it rained more here...

Seeker1066
12-23-2009, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I love it when you you get into a cold bed. Nothing is worse than not being able to sleep because it's too darn hot.
I have to disagree. I hate cold and snow. That's why I chose the Camel and desert Avatar. Yet I can't convince the wife to move south away from Wisconsin. BBBrrrrrr!

Peace to all.

Woodrow
12-23-2009, 02:01 AM

Am I too late for the coffee? If not I'll have a 55 gallon drum, black, no sugar.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker1066
I have to disagree. I hate cold and snow. That's why I chose the Camel and desert Avatar. Yet I can't convince the wife to move south away from Wisconsin. BBBrrrrrr!

Peace to all.
I will second that! I hate the cold, I love it at 100 degrees and hot, real hot. At least we have had some mild winters here in Virginia lately.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~
prior to hotwater bottles, these ash pans were used to heat the beds. taken from the wood/coal burning fire and put between the sheets to warm the bed before getting in. this was during my fathers childhood :)

Oh wow, I forgot about those, my Grandparents used those when I was a kid. There awesome.:statisfie

Seeker1066
12-23-2009, 04:17 AM
I will second that! I hate the cold, I love it at 100 degrees and hot, real hot. At least we have had some mild winters here in Virginia lately.
I envy you down Virginnie way. I was able to spend a week in Williamsburg. Great state. Though I'm not fond of Peanut soup.

Peace to you.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seeker1066
I envy you down Virginnie way. I was able to spend a week in Williamsburg. Great state. Though I'm not fond of Peanut soup.

Peace to you.
Williamsburg is pretty cool.....until you walk the place with 5 women for 5 hours.....imsad

I live within 30 minutes of williamsburg, so my wife drags me there all the time.

I don't like peanut soup either......come to think of it I don't like peanuts:hmm:

God bless.

zakirs
12-23-2009, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Am I too late for the coffee? If not I'll have a 55 gallon drum, black, no sugar.

there you go uncle your personal drum of coffee

Woodrow
12-23-2009, 08:34 AM

there you go uncle your personal drum of coffee
Jazakallhu Khayr Nephew. I will be back for seconds in February

Salihah
12-23-2009, 09:07 AM

[/QUOTE]

Hey, how did you get that picture of me when I was a child :statisfie
this happens always to my hair in winter... cant touch anything without small transfer of electricity :hmm:

I like winter, especially with snow. Cant stand much heat. Add more clothes is easier than removing...As brother Zakirs mentioned in India summer is around 50 celsius...:phew I could probably live there in a refrigerator.. But thats why you eat so much chili and pepper :p
:wa:

Vito
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I like the cold but unfortunately winter (if I can even call it that) doesn't last very long where I live. Most of the year its hot and humid. I was born and raised here and yet I can never get used to it. But I guess I should be thankful for what I have.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Jazakallhu Khayr Nephew. I will be back for seconds in February
Myself, uncle,aunty,Ukka, Umma, and Uppa are coming by for a cup of that coppee tomorrow!;D

zakirs
12-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Well lets not say cup but a HUGE BUCKET of coffee

Esther462
12-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Everything lol.
I've got o snow here but it's been cold so you've warmed me up.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Well lets not say cup but a HUGE BUCKET of coffee
i will bring the truck load of sugar and creamer! How many cubes do you take?;D

zakirs
12-23-2009, 04:30 PM
i will bring the truck load of sugar and creamer! How many cubes do you take?;D
do you have a foot by foot cube .. :P one of those please

Raaina
12-23-2009, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah

Hey, how did you get that picture of me when I was a child :statisfie
this happens always to my hair in winter... cant touch anything without small transfer of electricity :hmm:

I like winter, especially with snow. Cant stand much heat. Add more clothes is easier than removing...As brother Zakirs mentioned in India summer is around 50 celsius...:phew I could probably live there in a refrigerator.. But thats why you eat so much chili and pepper :p
:wa:[/QUOTE]

Haha what a cute picture - wonder if it made her feel any warmer :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.