/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clay human

Ayeesha
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
:sl:

my friend is in a art class and has told her teacher she cannot do a self-portarit,so she drew a flower instead, but then now for the next project the teacher wants her to make a HUMAN OUT OF CLAY,i feel this is worst the the portarit and she has told me shes already failing and cant drop the class,and her teacher is getting angry and inpatient with the ''muslim students" in this class:exhausted she needed some advice but i didnt know for sure.
so inshaallah i will have a clear anwser for her soon from the intelligent people on this forum.:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ayeesha
:sl:

my friend is in a art class

is it a must for your friend to attend the art class ? If possible may be she can take something else ?

Not sure , if for education purpose it's allowed to make small statue / portrait or not . If there is any alternate , she should accept that . Making portait , statue --these could lead people in to the most major sin - shirk . So , all believers must be very careful about the possible danger.

Nájlá
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
The teacher can't force the student to do something they can't in an art class. The teacher is there just to guide them but its the student that chooses what to do. Tell the sister to come up with different ideas she can do instead of a human in clay and tell her teacher about it.

Btw who chooses what to do for the project the teacher or the student?

cat eyes
12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
this is why i didn't study art since i got honour grades in my art exams i did not go on to colege cos they'd tell me to do stupid stuff like that. art was the only thing i was good at in school then my dad wanted me to study music instead because i played piano from a young age that was a big NO NO also but now i know what i want to do :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.