/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook: New Privacy Settings?

Fטлку
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
the new..thing..messed up all my settings! I just set it all to private again and thought everything was alright...but I just received a message from a creep commenting on my profile picture!! :eek:
I remember a friend saying the profile picture private settings doesn't work..should have listened..:exhausted
Does it work for anybody else???? How do I do it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blackpool
12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I dunno, I don't keep my pictures private. It probably would be wise not to upload them onto facebook if they're so private. Hmmm I wonder :O

Fטлку
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
^ it is on private because I don't want creeps saving them..or commenting on them for that matter <_<
It is gonna take a lot of time if I set out to delete my pictures :hmm:
ah, well..I got an animated one now *sigh*

IbnAbdulHakim
12-22-2009, 03:08 PM
sis i heard hi5/facebook etc is easy to hack

so i think putting up a picture may be takin a risk either way..

but allahu a'lam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vito
12-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I would be cautious of posting any private pictures on any of these websites from the start even if the people on your list are close to you. I'm trying to get my sisters from using this facebook because they put all kinds of information on there that anyone can get if they wanted to, no matter what security settings are applied. There is always a way around something when it comes to information on the internet.

As far as the new privacy settings go, from what I've read, they were always there for the user to use but they were optional and you could just skip through it. But now they made it to where you have no choice and can no longer skip through it I believe. I guess too many people started to complain when they got unwanted comments.

GuestFellow
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I would simply disable that Facebook account...its not safe.

Salahudeen
12-22-2009, 03:25 PM
you know by putting ur pic on facebook and using some of the many 1000s of applications on there your giving whoever made those applications access to ur profile and pictures.

Read it in the terms and conditions, they can take ur pic and use it as an advertisement somewhere. or anything else on ur profile.

Fטлку
12-22-2009, 03:27 PM
^ I also had to delete plenty of applications because it made my pic visible -.-

______ Facebook! :raging:

Salahudeen
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
^ yeh stay away from those applications, jus before it installs it says "you give the owner of this application full rights to the content of your profile by installing this app"

so they can take ur pics and do whatever they want with it.

Fטлку
12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
but it kinda says with every app :hmm:

Salahudeen
12-22-2009, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
but it kinda says with every app :hmm:
exactly lol what does that tell you, that ur details aren't secure, I could make an app today for facebook and if you installed it I'd have access to ur profile and pics and ur email address and other information on ur profile.

Muslim Woman
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
...I just received a message from a creep commenting on my profile picture!! :eek:
someone posted my photo in profile without asking me . I was shocked and angry :heated:

could not delete / removed that . So , I closed my facebook account.

Ali_008
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
:sl:
Simple. Go to "Privacy Settings", then "Profile Information" and set your preferred choice for "Photo Albums".
:peace:
:w:

cat eyes
12-22-2009, 07:18 PM
facebook is ****

Insecured soul
12-22-2009, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I would simply disable that Facebook account...its not safe.
Its what i did and i guess all these social networking sites are not good

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.