/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are men allowed to be models in Islam?

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:27 AM
I was wondering what Islam's view is towards male models?

I used to model suits (never did underwear) My grandfather did to.(only suits for Italian makers)

I have been approached again to do some modeling. The first time I did ended when they tryed to get me to model....lets just say, with less than required of a decent man. I quit.

I have been reconsidering modeling suits again.....My wife frowns upon this so I probably won't. I like to try to keep her happy.......I am a man though, so that usually doesn't happen.;D

I was just wondering? I know it's probably a dumb question.

God be with you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-23-2009, 04:34 AM
It's not a dumb question at all. And I'm awed by the sincere interest you have in Islam.

Models... Well, let's look at their purpose. The purpose is to attract others. So, Masha'Allah, I am assuming you are a handsome man. That handsome is meant to cause another to be aroused and purchase that same outfit or the likes. In Islam, one of the wisdom behind having a beard or wearing Hijaab is to protect ourselves from such a thing.

In addition, I don't know about other societies... But for the most part, the religious society (as well as some of the cultural societies) consider modeling to be a very indecent job; not dignified.

Though, unfortunately these days modesty has been lost... There is no more Hayaa in the world. imsad

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
It's not a dumb question at all. And I'm awed by the sincere interest you have in Islam.

Models... Well, let's look at their purpose. The purpose is to attract others. So, Masha'Allah, I am assuming you are a handsome man. That handsome is meant to cause another to be aroused and purchase that same outfit or the likes. In Islam, one of the wisdom behind having a beard or wearing Hijaab is to protect ourselves from such a thing.

In addition, I don't know about other societies... But for the most part, the religious society (as well as some of the cultural societies) consider modeling to be a very indecent job; not dignified.

Though, unfortunately these days modesty has been lost... There is no more Hayaa in the world. imsad
Interesting, I kinda figured that though. I never did it for a living. Just a side thing......plus i got to keep the suits! they were custom tailord so i guess they had to give them to me;D

And they cost a small fortune too.

Thanks for replying, God be with you.:D

Beardo
12-23-2009, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Interesting, I kinda figured that though. I never did it for a living. Just a side thing......plus i got to keep the suits! they were custom tailord so i guess they had to give them to me;D

And they cost a small fortune too.

Thanks for replying, God be with you.:D
Considering the thread you posted about your house and car (May God bless you and grant you guidance always), I don't think it's much of a big deal to you. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Considering the thread you posted about your house and car (May God bless you and grant you guidance always), I don't think it's much of a big deal to you. :p
LOL. It sounds like i'm rich, but far from it. The business I own pays for most of it, I inhereted the land for my house and I didn't buy the suits.;D

My wife used to be an accountant at a large firm and saved all of her money before we where married......she spent it on stuff and gave most of it to the poor.

We "Tithe" or give a lot of money to our church and mission orginizations.
We keep giving and God keps providing, so i can't complain.

I do pretty well in business though. Even with the sorry economy we're in. I know how to sell.

God be with you and your family!

Beardo
12-23-2009, 04:57 AM
LOL. It sounds like i'm rich, but far from it. The business I own pays for most of it, I inhereted the land for my house and I didn't buy the suits.;D

My wife used to be an accountant at a large firm and saved all of her money before we where married......she spent it on stuff and gave most of it to the poor.

We "Tithe" or give a lot of money to our church and mission orginizations.
We keep giving and God keps providing, so i can't complain.

I do pretty well in business though. Even with the sorry economy we're in. I know how to sell.

God be with you and your family!
lol. No need to have gone through that explanation. :skeleton:

But yes... It is a sad state of affairs. Sometimes modeling and such are the only things some can resort to for their bread and butter. But in the end, Allah blesses those who sacrfice and strive to live in a decent and God-fearing manner. I'm sure that's within Christian beliefs as well.

Italianguy
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
lol. No need to have gone through that explanation. :skeleton:

But yes... It is a sad state of affairs. Sometimes modeling and such are the only things some can resort to for their bread and butter. But in the end, Allah blesses those who sacrfice and strive to live in a decent and God-fearing manner. I'm sure that's within Christian beliefs as well.
It is Christian belief as well.:D

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:38 AM
It is Christian belief as well.:D
yup, it is Christian belief as well:D

جوري
12-24-2009, 02:41 AM
modeling is an acceptable form of prostitution.. I view it as such with or without the blessing of Islam.
just a slap of meat they pose in various suggestive postures to sell a product.

I am sorry but I can't find a more politically correct way of looking at it..

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
modeling is an acceptable form of prostitution.. I view it as such with or without the blessing of Islam.
just a slap of meat they pose in various suggestive postures to sell a product.

I am sorry but I can't find a more politically correct way of looking at it..
It's okay :cry: I'm used to itimsad

But I onley modeled suits never showing any.............meat.;D

cat eyes
12-24-2009, 02:53 AM
i dont know about the man but i dont understand how women can sell themselves in a picture :cry:

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 03:00 AM
^ I know doesn't it make her feel like a sexual object and if she was to have an accident and lose her looks no body would care about her or wanna know her.

they only care cos they like the way she looks nothing to do with what's inside of her.

and it's not like she worked for her looks it was something given to her by God and she should use all his blessings in obediance to him not disobediance.

جوري
12-24-2009, 03:03 AM
It's okay :cry: I'm used to itimsad

But I onley modeled suits never showing any.............meat.;D
It isn't about showing any meat, rather you as a slap of meat posed for the sell!

it doesn't matter if you come like this

or this

or this

it isn't about how you are dressed, it is about what you represent..

I am glad you do something else now, but I am just professing my views on models...

peace

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:06 AM
It isn't about showing any meat, rather you as a slap of meat posed for the sell!

it doesn't matter if you come like this

or this

or this

it isn't about how you are dressed, it is about what you represent..

I am glad you do something else now, but I am just professing my views on models...

peace
Your awesome! ..........you have me sold on the first dish and the last dish. They look yummy, but i wont eat pork It tells me in the Bible not to.

I represent Christianity as best I can......as my wife always says "your a man, your always going to make more mistakes than a woman";D

جوري
12-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Your awesome! ..........you have me sold on the first dish and the last dish. They look yummy, but i wont eat pork It tells me in the Bible not to.

I represent Christianity as best I can......as my wife always says "your a man, your always going to make more mistakes than a woman";D
sold ey? I figured.. the middle meat was rotten, also to cement the point, what the meat is at the core really doesn't matter, it is how you dress it up..

I too am hungry now for filet Mignon or veal.. so a good sale pitch does yield results...:hmm:

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:18 AM
sold ey? I figured.. the middle meat was rotten, also to cement the point, what the meat is at the core really doesn't matter, it is how you dress it up..

I too am hungry now for filet Mignon or veal.. so a good sale pitch does yield results...:hmm:
sorry for the delay.......I'm eating Lucky Charms.

I do understand what your saying, you are a good person.

I'm just an Armani wearing filet mignon;D

God be with you:D

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:19 AM

sorry for the delay.......I'm eating Lucky Charms.

I do understand what your saying, you are a good person.

I'm just an Armani wearing filet mignon;D

God be with you:D

Rasema2
12-24-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't know. But I would say that it's a no, because fame is not something a righteous person should want.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema2
I don't know. But I would say that it's a no, because fame is not something a righteous person should want.
I don't want any fame. I am a pretty humble dude.:statisfie

Rasema2
12-24-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't want any fame. I am a pretty humble dude.:statisfie
You should become a Muslim(smile).

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema2
You should become a Muslim(smile).
I hear that a lot lately:D Thanks for the offer;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.