/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am struggling

muslim2atheist
12-23-2009, 04:44 AM
to believe that an angel came to an illeterate man in the middle east and started talking to him in arabic.

I cant believe that Mary got pregnant without intercourse.

Please dont tell me "it says so in the quran" becos I dont believe in the Quran. I was always very skeptical as a kid about islam and 3 years ago decided to become an atheist.

Why do we need an explanation for the universe yet Allah doesn't need an explanation?

It all sounds a little too convenient.

All these so called scientific revelations in the Quran are complete bogus. i have read the verses and they are all so vague and don't say anything specific yet our Maulwis bend the truth and claim and lie to people. WHY?

I have a lot of other questions which i will hopefully continue to discuss as people start communicating with me.

Please be aware, i do not mean any disrespect. i am just curious and a rational human being

One last thing. I DO NOT claim that "there is no god". i merely claim that there is ZERO EVIDENCE FOR GOD. Big distinction.

Thanx in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
some of the thing you mentioned, seriously all it boils down to is Iman. some of things CANT be explained becuase it is dependent on the belief in the heart to accept them or not. In Islam we have something called the six pillars of faith and if you notice, they all have to do with matters of the unseen hence iman is required. if the belief isnt there, then of course any belief to do with the unseen will be wavering.

it is also important to note that not everything can be explained through science, experiments, etc In other words just becuase something has been proven/not proven it doesn't mean they dont exist. having science is a bonus but our deeds and beliefs arent dependent on it (at least they shouldn't be) and god has not set it as a criteria for paradise and hell. more relevantly, science is ever evolving and new discoveries are made all the time, sometimes altering, perhaps even negating the previous so in this respect, science cant always be relied upon for matters of belief either. get me?

i dont think it is important to address the existence of the things you mentioned, or try to convince you that such things exist becuase there is something deeper there that isnt present in you that is a tool to understand the other things, and that is the beilf of allah Himself. if that belif in god is there, then the rest should follow, inshallah. how is the tree going to grow if no roots are deeply and properly established in the ground?

it isnt fruitful to say "come convince me that your faith is correct," there must be a foundation to build this belief up upon and that starts with yourself only.
we need to go back to the start and see where things started to conflict one another.

maybe you have been taught something wrong? maybe the environment you were brought up in was too strict hence putting you off...maybe (and with due respect here) your family life was merely Islamic for "show and tell" so you got put off easily (trust me, it happens :$)

so i want to ask do you care about being a Muslim? or doesn't it bother you? you seem to be torn between 2 worlds here. judging by your post, you seem to not care, but at the same time, your conscious seems to pinch you.

i merely claim that there is ZERO EVIDENCE FOR GOD.
what is the evidence (or as you believe, the lack of) that you have come to know? i mean what has lead you to believe in this?

well if evolutionists believe that the human race came about through evolution (not intercourse either), then i dont see how and why Maryam (alayhaa as-salaam) couldn't conceive with out a man either.

Why do we need an explanation for the universe yet Allah doesn't need an explanatio
what do you mean by that exactly?

also, what negated your belief in the Quran?

anyway, all the best. and feel free to ask away!

p.s i used to be very skeptical about islam when i was a kid too :embarrass it a lot different now though :statisfie

GreyKode
12-23-2009, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim2atheist
to believe that an angel came to an illeterate man in the middle east and started talking to him in arabic.

Similarly a 7th century illiterate would struggle to believe in me being able to use a jinn(computer) to talk someone across the ocean.

That's it, what about the creation of Adam(as), or maybe resurrection, you know, when your bones get back together to form you again, the Kuffar at the time of the prophet couldn't believe that too

Please dont tell me "it says so in the quran" becos I dont believe in the Quran. I was always very skeptical as a kid about islam and 3 years ago decided to become an atheist.

You defined yourself as an atheist, so why would anyone expect you to believe anything in the Qur'an

Why do we need an explanation for the universe yet Allah doesn't need an explanation?
Maybe you can rephrase that to make a little more sense

I have a lot of other questions which i will hopefully continue to discuss as people start communicating with me.

Please be aware, i do not mean any disrespect. i am just curious and a rational human being

One last thing. I DO NOT claim that "there is no god". i merely claim that there is ZERO EVIDENCE FOR GOD. Big distinction.

Thanx in advance.
The difference between us muslims and you is that we have firm belief that ALLAH(swt) exists, unless you make a decision, regardless of the evidence, there's no point arguing here.
If you acknowledge that you are a slave who has lost his path and is looking for ALLAH(swt) then he will guide you, otherwise I don't know what your purpose here on the forum is, discussing things that to an atheist like yourself are only a waste of time.

Insecured soul
12-23-2009, 06:08 AM
And some people say that people in previous generation who thought earth is flat were completely stupid and you............ if you could go back in time and tell them earth is floating and rotating... they will laugh at you and call you maniac and stone you.

Hope you get the moral out of the story.

Athiest's try to be very logic and reasoning and scientific, yet i think they fail to realise that human can never know everything and its god who knows everything.

You say you are struggling, why? what is it that ur struggling for?

Prophet muhammed Pbuh was the last messenger and mary gave birth without having intercourse and there is only one god and allah is his name. this is true and its what we believe as muslim either u wanna hear it or dont want to hear it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
And some people say that people in previous generation who thought earth is flat were completely stupid and you............ if you could go back in time and tell them earth is floating and rotating... they will laugh at you and call you maniac and stone you.
Snap.........

Supreme
12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
I guess you don't choose what to believe...

Alpha Dude
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Allah is outside of the scope of this created universe, thus the laws that govern the universe do not apply to Allah.

Just because we are not able to understand how Allah can be uncreated, it doesn't mean it is not true.

Consider that you have two eyes, your vision is restricted to what you can see in front and, to an extent, the side of you. Yet if you didn't know that chameleons existed, would you say it was impossible that a being existed that could see around a 360 degree range? Or consider eagles and hawks, if you didn't know they existed and somebody were to tell you that there are such creatures that have x many times more powerful eyesight than humans, would you consider them mad?

Point is, just because we don't know how, we shouldn't necessarily conclude that it's impossible.

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Well what you want us to do? If you don't want to believe in Islam, then fine, your free to choose. What are you struggling for exactly?

Oh yes there is no evidence for God, that is the whole point.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.