/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why there are people who hates vegetables

syilla
12-23-2009, 05:23 AM
:salamext:

They are so much variety of veges...and why they are so afraid of trying? :heated:

Is so hard to make my hubby to eat his veges. I've tried so many ways i cut them into small bits...but he still his very best to avoid them. When he ordered food...he will say please don't add any veges in it. :hmm:

I just wants him to be healthy since he is a smoker and rarely jogs...accepts for building up his muscles. :exhausted

So any ideas, tips and tricks to share with... :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insecured soul
12-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Most muslim avoid veg food, i use to be one of them. i think the problem is since we are born we are fed non veg constantly and then when we are grown we dont like veg. now i personally enjoy eating veg. tell ur hubby the health benefits of eating green vegetables

salaam alaikum

Ramadhan
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
Most muslim avoid veg food, i use to be one of them. i think the problem is since we are born we are fed non veg constantly and then when we are grown we dont like veg. now i personally enjoy eating veg. tell ur hubby the health benefits of eating green vegetables

salaam alaikum
Aaahh... but most muslims in Indonesia eat veggies.

Raaina
12-23-2009, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
Most muslim avoid veg food, i use to be one of them.
I had no idea about this? I know kids in general hate veg. :p

In response to your post, maybe you could make a vegetable soup and liquidise all the veg, then he wouldn't know.

Apart from doing things like that, you can only really educate him about the benefits, if you have kids, tell him you don't want your children to see him not eatting veg because they will follow what he does.

You could always blackmail him lol :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2009, 10:50 AM
:sl:
once i saw a segment on how to get kids to eat their veggies and basically you just grate the vegetables and basically make them into little patties and fry them :D i dont know if the cooking oil is going to help with the health though :hmm:

so yes, you should try making them differently, add some different kind of spice, and/or buy ones he likes.

VegetarianSoul
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Indian cuisine is one of my favorite ( me being a vegetarian) I also like to make vegetarian pasta, pizza, veg noodles, and so on. My favorite is veg pulao, veg samosa, aloo paratha, dum aloo, chhole puri, masala dosa and many more....Lentils khichadi, Lentils soup, daal, sambhar, idli, dosa(south Indian)........ If you use the variety of spices in your sabji and daals then it would be aromatic and its easy to prepare at home and would be more wholesome and healthier.

VegetarianSoul
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Common spices for tempering the sabji (veg curry)

Cumin seeds (ground or whole)
Mustard seeds
Fennel seeds (ground or whole)
Coriander seeds (ground)
Chili
Ginger
Black onion seeds
Fenugreek seeds
Pepper
Cinnamon
Cloves, and so on....

I am also a fan of chutneys ( apple chutney, coriander chutney, mango chutney, coconut chutney)

zakirs
12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

They are so much variety of veges...and why they are so afraid of trying? :heated:

Is so hard to make my hubby to eat his veges. I've tried so many ways i cut them into small bits...but he still his very best to avoid them. When he ordered food...he will say please don't add any veges in it. :hmm:

I just wants him to be healthy since he is a smoker and rarely jogs...accepts for building up his muscles. :exhausted

So any ideas, tips and tricks to share with... :embarrass
As somebody already suggested indian cuisine has a huge variety in vegetarian food because majority of indians are veggies.

If you want you can try out vegetarian food that resembles non veg. ill give you some ideas.

This is made of capsicum --> recipee

Veg Biryani -> goes well with curd link

my faviourite stuffed brinjal :) -> link

Raaina
12-23-2009, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by VegetarianSoul
Indian cuisine is one of my favorite ( me being a vegetarian) I also like to make vegetarian pasta, pizza, veg noodles, and so on. My favorite is veg pulao, veg samosa, aloo paratha, dum aloo, chhole puri, masala dosa and many more....Lentils khichadi, Lentils soup, daal, sambhar, idli, dosa(south Indian)........ If you use the variety of spices in your sabji and daals then it would be aromatic and its easy to prepare at home and would be more wholesome and healthier.
That made me hungry! :statisfie

zakirs
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
oh forgot khichdi its very healthy :).

Link to recipiee

Salihah
12-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I am so hungry... is brinjal the same as eggplant? looks very delicious.

zakirs
12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I am so hungry... is brinjal the same as eggplant? looks very delicious.
yes brinjal = egg plant.. its one of my favorite dishes . Its a local specialty .

@Syllia sis may be u can give him fruit juices ?

syilla
12-24-2009, 06:13 AM
lol...i'm fasting and its already a picture here hmmm...

Yesterday i thought i've replied but i guess i didn't click the post button.

Now i've to retype again...and try to remember what did i type yesterday :hmm:

My hubby is not that adventurous when comes to tasting...lol The only thing that he ate is roti with dhal (the veges).

Now i've to be creative again again and again... got so fedup in trying to be creative. To be creative on how to make my son learn, to be creative on how to make my children to eat, to be creative so that my home will be organise...now i've to be creative on how to make my hubby eats his veges...

:heated:

Cabdullahi
12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
i dont like onions!!!!

tango92
12-24-2009, 11:25 AM
sister you juice em and hide all the water in the house

it has the same benefits as eatin whole!

Mawaddah
12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

My hubby is not that adventurous when comes to tasting...lol The only thing that he ate is roti with dhal (the veges).

Now i've to be creative again again and again... got so fedup in trying to be creative. To be creative on how to make my son learn, to be creative on how to make my children to eat, to be creative so that my home will be organise...now i've to be creative on how to make my hubby eats his veges...

:heated:

LOL Kak syilla, this really made me laugh ;D Well, Allah gave you this challenge because He knows you're up to up!! so get those creative juices flowing :p

Make him drink lots of carrot juice, make him some nice coriander chutney to go with some delicious homemade currypuff (or the one from gerai tepi jalan :p) that's all I can think of right now as I am not used to being 'creative' in this area, I eat veggies in every shape,taste and form ;D

syilla
12-29-2009, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
LOL Kak syilla, this really made me laugh ;D Well, Allah gave you this challenge because He knows you're up to up!! so get those creative juices flowing :p

Make him drink lots of carrot juice, make him some nice coriander chutney to go with some delicious homemade currypuff (or the one from gerai tepi jalan :p) that's all I can think of right now as I am not used to being 'creative' in this area, I eat veggies in every shape,taste and form ;D
lol maw... missing you muahs :wub:

He will never ever try those blended juices...with greens or orangy colours...lol ;D

and i don't consider currypuff as veges...since it is oily...lol :p

now i cook everything with veges...all the main dishes have to have veges in it... at least the nutrients probably has been added to it...probably ;D

harrus
12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
i love them but no tomatos

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.