/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help!

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 05:10 PM
:sl:

Okay I'm trying to understand this sentence....I don't get it. My head is hurting trying to understand this dam textbook... :skeleton:

The protocol encourages the claimant to obtain a medical report, disclosing it to the defendant, who then asks questions and/or agrees it and does not obtain his own report.
Okay I don't get the last part of the sentence highlighted bold...can anyone clarify the last part of the sentence? Ah I really need to understand this sentence due to the is a linguistic subject, so if I don't understand one part, the rest of the understanding of the subject will not make sense.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
12-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Maybe there's a typo: "agrees with* it"? I don't know if that makes any more sense though.

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Maybe there's a typo: "agrees with* it"? I don't know if that makes any more sense though.
It is a typo (there are several typos in manual, its annoying)....I guess I'll go along with that. :hmm:

Fטлку
12-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, I think it means that:
The claimant gets the medical report. Shows it to the Defendant. The defendant then asks the claimant questions about the report or just agrees with it and doesn't get his own medical report.

or something like that :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
Well, I think it means that:
The claimant gets the medical report. Shows it to the Defendant. The defendant then asks the claimant questions about the report or just agrees with it and doesn't get his own medical report.
or something like that :X
I assume if the defendant agrees with the medical report after questioning it, he does not need to obtain a report of its own....ah yeah makes sense hopefully.

I think that makes sense...

Fטлку
12-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I guess that's what it means.. since it says: "and/or agrees it and does not obtain his own report."

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 05:41 PM
I guess that's what it means.. since it says: "and/or agrees it and does not obtain his own report."
Well basically its saying if the defendant agrees with the medical report after questioning it then there really is no need to produce his own medical report. If the defendant disagrees with the medial report, he'll instruct an medical expert to produce a report which puts him in a favourable light when it comes down to court proceedings.

Fטлку
12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Well basically its saying if the defendant agrees with the medical report after questioning it then there really is no need to produce his own medical report. If the defendant disagrees with the medial report, he'll instruct an medical expert to produce a report which puts him in a favourable light when it comes down to court proceedings.
Pretty much :hmm:

Btw, If you can't understand a sentence, say it out loud.
(I just did an assignment on why people talk to themselves and some dude has said that "when we are reading something that is quite complex, it helps to verbalize it aloud,” :p)

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Pretty much :hmm:

Btw, If you can't understand a sentence, say it out loud.
(I just did an assignment on why people talk to themselves and some dude has said that "when we are reading something that is quite complex, it helps to verbalize it aloud,” :p)
Thanks, I'll take that into a consideration.

Rasema2
12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't like your avatar.
:wa:

Raaina
12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the avatar is awsome :D

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema2
I don't like your avatar.

Why? :skeleton:

Rasema2
12-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Why? :skeleton:
B]Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

The issue at hand is that of imitating animals. Scholars have determined that, as a basic rule, imitating the appearance and behavior of animals is dislike or even impermissible.

They argue that whenever we find human being compared with animals in the Qur’ân and Sunnah, it is always as a means of derogation.

For example Allah says: “So his parable is as the parable of the dog; if you attack him he lolls out his tongue.” [Sûrah al-A`râf: 176]

Allah also says: “The likeness of those who were charged with the Torah, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the donkey bearing books.” [Sûrah al-Jumu`ah: 5]

However, this ruling applies when the imitation of animals implies derogation, insult, or a loss of dignity. The estimation of this depends on the nature of the imitation itself as well as the context, both specific and cultural, in which it takes place.

We see that the Prophet (peace be upon him) stood on all fours and allowed his little grandsons, al-Hasan and al-Husayn ride on his back. He then said to them: “What a fine steed you have.” [Mu`jam al-Tabarânî with a good (hasan) chain of transmission.]

In some narrations, he is quoted as saying: “What a fine camel you have and what fine gentlemen you are.”

This shows that imitating animals is not forbidden under all circumstances. Here the context is play with one’s children. It is well known way that fathers play with their small children at home and it is perfectly acceptable in most societies.

The same considerations apply to children painting their faces at parties. It is merely an amusement engaged in by children on those special occasions. It implies no shame or loss of dignity for those children in the broader social context.

Therefore, face painting for children at parties and on other festive occasions is comparable to the Prophet’s behavior with his grandsons. It is permissible.

And Allah knows best.[/B]

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 09:48 PM
^ OMG I forgot, you told me twice. -_-;;

I'll change it.

Rasema2
12-23-2009, 09:51 PM
^ OMG I forgot, you told me twice. -_-;;

I'll change it.
More than twice brother. I am not trying to force you to change it akhi, just a reminder. We all need to be reminded sometimes. This is forbidden as it is to eat pork, drink alcohol etc..

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 09:55 PM
More than twice brother. I am not trying to force you to change it akhi, just a reminder. We all need to be reminded sometimes. This is forbidden as it is to eat pork, drink alcohol etc..

I used to draw animals a lot when I was 7... :/

Ah how come you created another account?

Rasema2
12-23-2009, 10:00 PM

Ah how come you created another account?
Visit Islamic qa to see if it is permitted or not.

Ah how come you created another account
Just needed an important answer by one of the staff.

Sorry that I went off the topic. I didn't get another account to tell you about your avatar, don't worry.To you your deeds, to me mine.

Best wishes on this life and the hereafter akhi.

Rasema2
12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
My sentence wasn't complete: Visit Islamic qa to see if it is permitted or not for 7 year olds.

GuestFellow
12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Visit Islamic qa to see if it is permitted or not.
Yeah sure I'll check.

Just needed an important answer by one of the staff.

Sorry that I went off the topic. I didn't get another account to tell you about your avatar, don't worry.To you your deeds, to me mine.

Best wishes on this life and the hereafter akhi.
Nah it's fine, the mods can close this topic since my question has been answered.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!