/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is boxing haraam in Islam?

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Aha, I learned a new term "haram".

I was wondering if it is permissable to box, or kickbox?

I still train, but I am not allowed to box anymore(doctor says NO)........and my wife says no more eitherimsad

12 ko's /3 knocked me out:p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not really sure, boxing is good way to develope and strengthen yourself but I think it's not allowed in Islam because your not allowed to hit people in the face for no purpose. but a brother will post a scholarly opinion inshallah with the correct opinion.

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Beating each other on the head can't be healthy. According to Islam we are not allowed to harm ourselves in any way. You don't own your body and are not allowed to do "anything you want" with it. You can of course, but will have to answer to Allah.

GuestFellow
12-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Competitive boxing is haraam...

I checked it on Islam QA last time.

If you do boxing in the form of training and have protection gear, then its not haraam.

I do wrestling as an alternative...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm looking to do some self defence classes, does any 1 know a good art to take up for women????????? lol.

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
I'm looking to do some self defence classes, does any 1 know a good art to take up for women????????? lol.
perhaps karate? why not. you could also buy a pepper spray or stun gun.

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 02:18 AM

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:19 AM
but the trouble is I wear hijaab and I need a female intstructor and there's not many of them around :( in any martial art :(

cat eyes
12-24-2009, 02:19 AM
little sis kitten u already know how to fight remember i trained u? But u couldnt do properly cos u were wearing ur high heels as usual lol

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:21 AM
I will admit i did do some "unsanctioned" fights in the past......but all of the technicaly legal fights were with full gear....except the head..oops. In training we always use full headgear.

No its not healthy, i have developed minor migranes and see floaties sometimes. Plus I had an incident on the subway where i almost lost an eye and its really blurry now.

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
little sis kitten u already know how to fight remember i trained u? But u couldnt do properly cos u were wearing ur high heels as usual lol
lol haha yeah but I want more lessons now :( I've thrown all my high heels away now I often have to run for the bus and they're no good lol.

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
but the trouble is I wear hijaab and I need a female intstructor and there's not many of them around :( in any martial art :(
true, i've never heard about karate schools for female muslims? you know.. that's an excellent idea; maybe i should open a karate school for muslim women and become rich.

cat eyes
12-24-2009, 02:27 AM
lol haha yeah but I want more lessons now :( I've thrown all my high heels away now I often have to run for the bus and they're no good lol.
i will give u more private lessons but u know how rough i am girl;D

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:28 AM
^ you'll have to find a qualified instructor first.

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:29 AM
i will give u more private lessons but u know how rough i am girl;D
lol I know sis last time you heart my leg when you were showing me that kick :phew

Argamemnon
12-24-2009, 02:31 AM
^ you'll have to find a qualified instructor first.
i'm sure cat eyes wouldn't mind working for me.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:32 AM
lol I know sis last time you heart my leg when you were showing me that kick :phew
you ladies are a trip.lol Muslim Ninja girls.

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
too bad she can't, she's my private teacher and not up for hire. :raging:

cat eyes
12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
i only work for myself and kitten is my little ninja partner lol aint u baby girl

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 02:47 AM
i only work for myself and kitten is my little ninja partner lol aint u baby girl
yup!!! lol we go on missions together!! sometimes we get lost on the mission but we always find our way back to each other lol with our ninja sense.

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 02:55 AM
yup!!! lol we go on missions together!! sometimes we get lost on the mission but we always find our way back to each other lol with our ninja sense.
Again....you ladies are a trip.;D

Italianguy
12-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Hummmmmm......Thats funny......mention the Masons and my computer shuts down and the thread is gone.......I wonder

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 03:30 AM
^its still there on mine :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.