/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fun Wedding Ideas Plz

Taqiyah
12-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Salam Again,

I just can't seem to stop posting I have so many questions it is really exciting. So I mentioned my wedding is coming up inshaAllah. I decided to have two separate wedding for the men and women. I don't care so much about the men's wedding others are handling it also because I am not going to be there it doesn't matter so much lol;D So anyway I would love it if you guys could give me fresh and fun ideas that I could incorporate into my women's only wedding which takes place at night. So far I thought of getting a sister to recite Quran and some words of wisdom in the beginning and then there is going to be the traditional dance(No Music) and then of course the food/desert and then.......................I can't think of anything else! Blank Blank.....Please help and try to think of ideas that are culture neutral and would be fun for people of different cultures.
Jazakum Allah Khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-25-2009, 08:09 AM
I like your idea of a seperate wedding.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-25-2009, 08:36 AM
:sl:
you can play music on your wedding (with only the duff)...it is permissible. :)

zakirs
12-25-2009, 09:03 AM
this one needs a little work though... may be you can put a slideshow that goes on which contains famous pairs of islamic history ? like Ibrahim(ASA) and Hajar (RZA) and so on ? .. or may be u can invite a few orphans for your wedding :D ? little children would be fun as they will be playing ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SimplyAct
12-26-2009, 05:42 PM
As salaamu Alaikum

How to have an unconventional wedding?
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...=wedding+ideas

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
this one needs a little work though... may be you can put a slideshow that goes on which contains famous pairs of islamic history ? like Ibrahim(ASA) and Hajar (RZA) and so on ? .. or may be u can invite a few orphans for your wedding :D ? little children would be fun as they will be playing ?
Salam..Oh mashaAllah the sideshow is a fantastic idea! I don't know why I never thought of that..aah JazaKaAllah khayr brother!:statisfie:statisfie

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
you can play music on your wedding (with only the duff)...it is permissible. :)
Salam..

"the duff"?? What is that? I honestly never heard of them..you mean the drums?:hmm:

جوري
12-28-2009, 01:19 AM
you could do something like this but with a nasheed instead?

Media Tags are no longer supported

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SimplyAct
As salaamu Alaikum

How to have an unconventional wedding?
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...=wedding+ideas
WaAlaykum Asalam.

Thanks so much for the link...wow there were a lot of interesting ideas and some crazy ones haha ;D;D JazakaAllah.

abs
12-28-2009, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
Salam..

"the duff"?? What is that? I honestly never heard of them..you mean the drums?:hmm:
duff as in drums only nothing additional just the drums

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
you could do something like this but with a nasheed instead?

wow that was really touching but the sad thing is we planned to have the wedding separate guys party during the day and the girls during the night, so it would not be so interesting if he is not present you know...thanks so much tho sis.

Grofica
12-28-2009, 02:15 AM
you mean like a bachlorette party and bachlor party... (the celebration) before you are both actually married. usually on the night before???? is that what you mean... sorry you said mens wedding and womens wedding and normally for a wedding both people have to be there i am confused...

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
you mean like a bachlorette party and bachlor party... (the celebration) before you are both actually married. usually on the night before???? is that what you mean... sorry you said mens wedding and womens wedding and normally for a wedding both people have to be there i am confused...
Salam.

I see your point sis. A lot of people get confused with this but you will be surprised to find that this is actually pretty common nowadays at least in my culture. No I am not talking about bachelor/bachelorratte party...we don't even have such thing in my culture. I am talking about the actual wedding. There is going to be two weddings. The one in the morning/afternoon is for the guys only and it is usually just a fancy lunch and whatever else guys do when they are together.And that is also when the Nikah takes place. And then there is the night wedding which is for ladies only, there we can all feel comfortable and dress up however we please..with no guys around you can feel free to style your hair and clothe however you like:statisfie Trust me it is so much more fun than a mixed wedding ceremony.:statisfie

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
just have chicken and rice and call it a day

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
OMG:omg: You don't even want to know what happens at the guys wedding;D;D
.....we play chess alot.....it's crazzzzyyyyyyyy,.....if we're feeling really crazy.......we play checkers too!;D

CosmicPathos
12-29-2009, 07:25 PM
just have food and call it a day. Life is not meant to have fun.

Taqiyah
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
OMG:omg: You don't even want to know what happens at the guys wedding;D;D
.....we play chess alot.....it's crazzzzyyyyyyyy,.....if we're feeling really crazy.......we play checkers too!;D
lol you just validated my assumption:ptalk about boring..:p:p

Taqiyah
12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
just have chicken and rice and call it a day
lol Jazakaallh My grandmother told me the exact thing...Chicken and rice is really big with my culture:D But I was going to go with something a little different.

mammyluty
12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
sister u can do henna decorating on the visitors or look for competition or games.

mammyluty
12-30-2009, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
just have food and call it a day. Life is not meant to have fun.
life is not meant to be boring either!!

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
life is not meant to be boring either!!
so you are saying that not indulging in man-made activities (dancing, putting henna on and what not) makes life boring? Cuz lets admit, there are humans (both Muslims and nonMuslims) who dont like such activities and then the majority of humans call them "weird, loners, boring." Is having fun the purpose of life? Life by default is fun, if one truly believes that it is a gift from Allah. If one thinks that life is boring without associating what humans (Muslims and nonMuslims) do on cultural basis then one has to rethink his/her thankfulness of God.

Just my opinions.

-Elle-
12-30-2009, 04:21 AM

Firstly...MABROUK!!!!!!!!!:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
Salam.

I see your point sis. A lot of people get confused with this but you will be surprised to find that this is actually pretty common nowadays at least in my culture. No I am not talking about bachelor/bachelorratte party...we don't even have such thing in my culture. I am talking about the actual wedding. There is going to be two weddings. The one in the morning/afternoon is for the guys only and it is usually just a fancy lunch and whatever else guys do when they are together.And that is also when the Nikah takes place. And then there is the night wedding which is for ladies only, there we can all feel comfortable and dress up however we please..with no guys around you can feel free to style your hair and clothe however you like:statisfie Trust me it is so much more fun than a mixed wedding ceremony.:statisfie

we might be from the same culture since we do that too:D...actually, its exactly what we do, and it is so much FUN!...Well for me, anyway!

Ok,so here's a few games that you can do at your wedding,

first game
: when everyone arrives at the door, let one of the people in charge hand them a pin or a paper clip or a hair clip. Further on, during the evening, explain that they are to keep this clip on them the entire night, and if anyone hears anyone else mention a specific word( either yes,no, the name of the bride, ) or if anyone crosses their legs, then this person is to ask the other for their clip. At the end of the night, the person with the most clips wins a small prize:)!

Second game: If you are having a very classy wedding, this might not suite you,but if you are having a more laid-back fun wedding, then it might be the perfect thing! I imagine your guests will be sitting at tables, by groups of 7-8...or something like that,right? Each table will have rolls of toilet paper, and they are to designated one girl from the table on which they will fabricate a dress on her(with the toilet paper). At the end, the team which created the nicest dress wins a small prize:)!

Third game: Each table is handed a sheet with a pencil. Then, one of your friends or family begins to ask question about the bride,and each table must write the answers on the sheet. These can be funny, random questions, or general questions. Ex: what is her favorite animal?What was her most embarrassing moment? In which month did she meet her husband? If she had to choose between this and that...what would she choose..
Once again, table with the most correct answer wins a small prize.

InshAllah these helped, have a blast and Allah y barek fikon:)!

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

Firstly...MABROUK!!!!!!!!!:)

we might be from the same culture since we do that too:D...actually, its exactly what we do, and it is so much FUN!...Well for me, anyway!

Ok,so here's a few games that you can do at your wedding,

first game
: when everyone arrives at the door, let one of the people in charge hand them a pin or a paper clip or a hair clip. Further on, during the evening, explain that they are to keep this clip on them the entire night, and if anyone hears anyone else mention a specific word( either yes,no, the name of the bride, ) or if anyone crosses their legs, then this person is to ask the other for their clip. At the end of the night, the person with the most clips wins a small prize:)!

Second game: If you are having a very classy wedding, this might not suite you,but if you are having a more laid-back fun wedding, then it might be the perfect thing! I imagine your guests will be sitting at tables, by groups of 7-8...or something like that,right? Each table will have rolls of toilet paper, and they are to designated one girl from the table on which they will fabricate a dress on her(with the toilet paper). At the end, the team which created the nicest dress wins a small prize:)!

Third game: Each table is handed a sheet with a pencil. Then, one of your friends or family begins to ask question about the bride,and each table must write the answers on the sheet. These can be funny, random questions, or general questions. Ex: what is her favorite animal?What was her most embarrassing moment? In which month did she meet her husband? If she had to choose between this and that...what would she choose..
Once again, table with the most correct answer wins a small prize.

InshAllah these helped, have a blast and Allah y barek fikon:)!
JazakAllah for your tips. I am just wondering generally. Do people really find such activities fun? Or is it just me who is weird and does not see any benefit in them or even a feeling of joy?

-Elle-
12-30-2009, 04:42 AM
JazakAllah for your tips. I am just wondering generally. Do people really find such activities fun? Or is it just me who is weird and does not see any benefit in them or even a feeling of joy?

Many women find these fun, it is a way to have a bit of *change* from our daily routine (which usually includes uni, study, work for some, uni, study...and so on), so yes, attending a wedding where you are free to dress as you like and enjoy pleasant games in a joyous,halal atmosphere, celebrating a beautiful union, is quite fun:)!

And no, you are not weird for not feeling any joy from such activities, some people enjoy them others dont, Allah (SWT) created us all differently, so its only normal that we have different likes and dislikes:)!

If anyone ever tells you you're *weird* for not liking what is commonly enjoyed by others, pay them no mind, honestly!

:wa:

sister herb
12-30-2009, 04:44 AM

Maybe reason is simple: you are not a woman but man.

;D

Even of my mind those sounds nice way to keep fun. And congratulations to you sister in cause of your wedding.

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 04:59 AM
jazakAllah for the responses.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.