/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why can’t Muslims be like the Jews?

Mosbid.com
12-25-2009, 02:02 AM
:sl:
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Why can’t Muslims be like the Jews?

I mean why aren’t Muslims prepared to go out of their way to support other Muslims.

For example why are Jews so successful in everything they do even though they are small in number, yet Muslims are greater in number but suffer from lack of success.

Could it be that the Jews have held on the Muslim belief of brotherhood better than Muslims? They must’ve because you don’t have to look hard at them to realise that Jews put the benefit of their fellow brethren before the benefit of others. And that is reflected in their successful businesses wherever they go all over the world.

The manifestation of their bond is in the fact that they are prepared to travel long distances to shop in shops exclusively owned or run by a fellow Jew so as to benefit them. This benefit then works its way through their society from one Jew supporting another to another Jew supporting another. It has to admired and respected.

If only us Muslims are able to apply such discipline in the way we benefit others we would truly gain independence economically and socially.

Just my thoughts, what are yours
Mosbid.com

imsad

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema2
12-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Because we disobey Allah, azzawajall. We befriend them, imitate them etc...

The title seems irrevalent, but it is not. The hadeeths the shaikh in this video quotes, will answer your question:
The Prophet:saws: said:" A time will come, when the non- Muslim will take from the land of Islam and take from the treasures of teh Muslims, just like a guest takes the food that is placed in front of him by a hoast"
The companions thought that it was because we will be small in number, but no, th eProphet:saws: replied that we'll be grat in number but the love of life and fear of death is the cause.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJ5PmzYwSo

Ummu Sufyaan
12-25-2009, 02:19 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
in short we have sold our 3izzah for the dunya. we were only truly successful-in everything-when we adhered to our deen. when we didnt, things started going haywire.

but dont forget the small minority of muslims who are sincere towards thier deen are the exact muslims who you will find successful...even by thier own brethren in faith, they will be called by "extremists."

mean why aren’t Muslims prepared to go out of their way to support other Muslims.
becuase then we would be locked up and jailed!

For example why are Jews so successful in everything they do even though they are small in number, yet Muslims are greater in number but suffer from lack of success.
becuase we do things sincerely and honestly. we would get more money too if we stole peoples wealth and claimed it as our own.

Could it be that the Jews have held on the Muslim belief of brotherhood better than Muslims? They must’ve because you don’t have to look hard at them to realise that Jews put the benefit of their fellow brethren before the benefit of others. And that is reflected in their successful businesses wherever they go all over the world.
other than their help from the US, their stealing of Palestinian wealth and lands, i fail to see where the success comes from. :hmm: is that what we want?

If only us Muslims are able to apply such discipline in the way we benefit others we would truly gain independence economically and socially.
we do. we just gave to adhere to the quran and sunnah.

Why can’t Muslims be like the Jews?
no, dont say "why cant Muslims be more like Jews" (or chritians, etc), say "why cant Muslims be like Rasoolullah!"everything you have mentioned of brotherhood, etc is found in the way of your Prophet, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam...
no-one is (or atleast shouldnt be) our qudwah (example) other than rasoolullah, and that's what we should aim to be like...looking at other people and longing for what they have is useful and makes matters worse, especially when we have everything we need within our our faith.

Samiun
12-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Remember the al Messih Al-Dajjal is giving it to them.I heard on a lecture that the earth opens up to dajjal and gives him a load of diamonds(Well actually it was a hadith)When an African kid found a black stone he gave it to his parents.Then his parents gave it to the Village Leader.Than the Village Leader gave to the gonvernment.And then The Gonvernment Gave It To British.It was identified that it was a DIAMOND!!! Subhanallah!!!As you all know, the jews went to africa and started mining there...So now the stage is set and the caliphate is destroyed and never be restored again until the return of Imam Al-Mahdi and Nabi A.S.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mosbid.com
12-26-2009, 01:58 AM

Thank you for your input dear brothers.

However what I am debating here is not the obvious differences between our fundamental beliefs as Muslims and theirs as Jews, I am however eluding to their correct application of the concept of brotherhood.

So leaving aside our shortcomings in fully following the dean, and the transgressions perpetrated by some of the Jews.

Surely the most fundamental rule in brotherhood should be that support for the one is equal to support of the whole, and by removing support for the one the whole becomes inept.

Thus it falls on us the current Muslim generation to support the Muslim whole by supporting each individual Muslim.

Mosbid.com

Rasema2
12-26-2009, 02:07 AM
However what I am debating here is not the obvious differences between our fundamental beliefs as Muslims and theirs as Jews, I am however eluding to their correct application of the concept of brotherhood.

Elaborate the bold part please.(smile)

Al-Indunisiy
12-26-2009, 02:53 AM

we were only truly successful-in everything-when we adhered to our deen.
Could you elaborate, please?
Last time I remembered the Golden Age(which is the Abbasid era) is rampant with heresies(the Mu'tazilite school of thought was supported by the government).

Intellectual life culminated a great position at Samarqand, North Africa and Spain in literature and thought drawing upon Greek, Persian and Indian sources in a new shape independent of Muslim Tradition reflects the revolt against the narrowness of the Orthodox system created a new stimulus to widen the physical and intellectual horizons in both material and spiritual flavors.
(from the article 'Abbasid Dynasty: the Top of Islamic Civilization' by Hasan A. Yahya, Ph.D)

So, yeah, please elaborate what you meant by ' truly successful in everything'. Plus, the historical evidences.

Al-Indunisiy
12-26-2009, 02:56 AM

The Jews them selves aren't that solid you know. the Neturei Karta for example.

Woodrow
12-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Sadly I believe I understand where Bro.Mosbid.com is coming from. He actually could have used nearly any race or religion as an example. The lesson I think he is pointing out is we do not support each other.

I believe he was showing just how shamefully we treat each other when he explained a Jew treats another Jew better than a Muslim treats another Muslim.

Perhaps we each need to look at ourselves and see if that is true. All too often, especially in business dealings that is true in the cases I have first hand knowledge of.

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 07:37 AM
The Jewish religion seem to work behind closed doors as we dont know what happens within their community whereas Islam is such an open and inviting religion... ooups.. sorry not religion but a teaching of how to live our lives in accordance to the law of Allah.

Yes, Jews do seem to show stronger bonds within their community, but we should be grateful we have the love of Allah and of the Messenger, a key ingredient that they are missing.

One thing I don't understand.... if Islam started since the time of Adham (as), then why did Allah revealed the Torah to the Israelites.

Because if you look it a the perspective that the Torah was revealed to Moses, till Today, the Jews have been firm believers and hold a strong unity whereas Islam, by Muhammed (pbuh), started a mere 1400 years ago and our muslim brothers and sisters are showing diversity...

(Apologies if u didn't understand, english is a little bit weak, espicially when it comes to putting thoughts in writing)...

Muslim Woman
12-27-2009, 08:17 AM

I read that if a Jew starts a business in any area , jews in the nieghbourhood will start buying things from that particular shop. But Muslims don't support another Muslim like this :(

Muslim Woman
12-27-2009, 08:20 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
.... if Islam started since the time of Adham (as), then why did Allah revealed the Torah to the Israelites.

Allah sent Prophets pbut to all nations. Without sending a Prophet , Allah never punished any nation .

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I read that if a Jew starts a business in any area , jews in the nieghbourhood will start buying things from that particular shop. But Muslims don't support another Muslim like this :(
That is sooo true. I work in a pharmacy as a delivery driver owned by a Jew. All the Jews will travel to him and he makes me deliver to literally the whole Jewish community

Chuck
12-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Because we are not really following the model of Madina.
(1) Muslims were brothers e.g Ansars and Mahajirs. Compare it today, except in Malaysia and few other countries I see lot of racism. Pakistian for example too much racism Sindhi vs Mahajir vs Panjabi vs Pathan.

(2) Prophet (pbuh) looked at the problem at that time in muslim community and worked on action plan. Today nothing really is done about problems in muslim community in many countries. Few countries are fairing well like Malaysia, UAE, Qatar.

(3) Education, again look at what happened in Medina relative to that time and what muslim countries are doing now?

(4) Corruption. Allah has destroyed nations in the past for corruption.

Maryan0
12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sadly I believe I understand where Bro.Mosbid.com is coming from. He actually could have used nearly any race or religion as an example. The lesson I think he is pointing out is we do not support each other.

I believe he was showing just how shamefully we treat each other when he explained a Jew treats another Jew better than a Muslim treats another Muslim.

Perhaps we each need to look at ourselves and see if that is true. All too often, especially in business dealings that is true in the cases I have first hand knowledge of.
Agreed I also see where the brother is coming from. We as muslims have lost our sense of brotherhood, while certain other groups not just the jews are far more community oriented and readily help out their people. It's quite pathetic seeing as we are the second largest religion on the planet.
salam

Mosbid.com
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM

I see a few brother and sisters clearly understand my point, and others seem to miss the point altogether.

You see the debate here is neither on the intellectual differences between Muslims and Jews nor their adherence to their dean or of the Muslims to theirs.

It is about Jews looking out for one another because they genuinely believe that they as a people are somehow special, and like brother Waqas told of his experiences it is true.

So I go back and ask why can’t Muslim be like the Jews? What do we lack? What don’t we understand?

The Prophet (PBUH) told us that the higher hand is better than the lower hand. i.e. it is preferred for a Muslim to be in a position of strength where he is able to give than to be in a position of weakness where all he can do is receive or depend on others.

Mosbid.com

Chuck
12-28-2009, 01:00 AM
It is about Jews looking out for one another because they genuinely believe that they as a people are somehow special, and like brother Waqas told of his experiences it is true.
I don't like the way they feel their special, I don't think it is good thing. We already have our own model which is better in my opinion. I think the problem lies with Imams, they have become like people on wall street who don't know about main street. But I've seen one imam from Senegal:
(1) who built school to teach children and people about english, math, science along with Arabic, Quran, and sunnah. He did not had more than 10 grade knowledge but it was good for you children.

(2) He tried to engage children and people in the community taking care of people, community, and even animals. I think that was shaping people's mentality to take care of each other.

(3) His village was on sea so there was malaria problem, he was trying to generate funds to tackle malaria problem in his village.

This imam was good and he was providing good leadership to his village. It doesn't have to be imam, but we do need a good community system try to solve our problems.

But the thing is Jews have gone through similar trends, they had their ups and downs. What I think changed it was holocaust in recent history, which changed them in big way. They came to understand that they can only depend on themselves. But it doesn't always end this way, Spanish Inquisitions didn't change neither the muslims or jews this way. Reasons I don't really know.

waqas maqsood
12-28-2009, 02:04 AM
I agree with the brother above.

Our Mosque Imaams are so busy for themselves that they believe the only important thing in life in Sallah. (which of course I agree).. But I believe there should be more to it.

or example, its not important to built the biggest minaret. Whats more important is part of the mosque should be built as a muslim community where everyone can access it at anytime... giving all type of advice

For example

- A place for youth to hang around and to learn the deen
- A place where the imaan helps the needy (financially and morally)
- Decision making
- Helping the neighbourhood
- Addressing issues
- Teaching discipline and respect
- Where exactly our charity is going- No point sending charity in pakistan if you have a muslim brother suffering in London.

Have a medical centre, eye cental, dentl centre, islamic grocery store etcc...

My point is that the mosque should be part of a communitry where all needs in this world and the hereafter (salaah) should be fulfilled.

Inshallah, if Allah gives me strength, il'll open something similar in London. Ameen

Anyone agree?

waqas maqsood
12-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Oh and if won't be for the Muslims only, but for everyone.. But in an islamic manner and ethicate.. ;-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.