/* */

PDA

View Full Version : friday pray only

touba
12-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Asslamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Brothers and sisters

My husband does not pray and he likes only to pray on friday for only friday pray thats all like once in 2 3 years and this week he told me that he will go to mosque to pray the friday pray but i stoped him because as i know in the islam we should pray everyday without stop and not praying one time in 2 3 years so did i do a good thing or not ?I askeed him to pray everyday and not only once in 2 3 years but he didnt like it please let me know with proof from the quran and sunnah that i can show him because he blamed me telling me that i stoped his friday pray Jazakoum ALLAH SWT kher

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-25-2009, 02:01 PM
You shouldnt have stopped him sister, may be that was the day guidance would have come to him. he might have heard the bayan that day, and heard what the imam said and decided to change.

Alpha Dude
12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
You shouldnt have stopped him sister, may be that was the day guidance would have come to him. he might have heard the bayan that day, and heard what the imam said and decided to change.
Yeah, I agree. Don't stop people from doing good things, no matter what it is, even if they are doing it for the first time in their life.

noorseeker
12-25-2009, 02:18 PM
We could be one deed away from Jannah allahu Alam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
12-25-2009, 02:41 PM
one is better than none, two are better than one, etc

ok, stupid rhyme, but you get the idea :/

cat eyes
12-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Friday is the best day of the week. Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that Rasoolillah (SAW) had said, "We (Muslims) came last and yet we are the first on the day of judgment. They have received the books before us (meaning Torah and Injil). We have received the book after them (meaning the Qur’an). Friday was their day to be glorified. However, they disputed on that while Allah had told us Friday is the day to glorify. Thus they will follow us. The Jews glorify Saturday, and the Christians glorify Sunday."

Also reported by Imam Muslim, Abu Dawud, Al-Nisai, and Al-Tirmidhi, that Rasoolillah (SAW) had said, "The best day during which the sun have risen is Friday. It is the Day Adam was created. It is the day when Adam entered paradise and also when he was taken out from it. It is also the day on which the day of judgment takes place."

Actions to be undertaken on Fridays
Men are obligated to participate in Friday Prayer. Allah (SWT) said in Surah Al-Jumauah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "O’ you who believe! When the call is proclaimed to Prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business. That is best for you if you but knew."

In addition, Rasoolillah (SAW) had warned from not attending Friday Prayer. Imam Muslim and Ahmad had reported that Rasoolillah (SAW) said about people who do not attend Friday Prayer, "I wanted to ask a man to lead people in the prayer so that I may go and burn houses of men who did not attend the Friday Prayer with us" He also said reported by Imam Muslim, Ahmad and Al-Nisai, "Either they (meaning people who do not attend the Friday prayer) stop neglecting Friday prayers or Allah will set a seal on their hearts so they can not find the right path again." In another authentic hadith reported by Abu Dawod, Tirmidhi, Al-Nisai, and Ibn-Majah, that the Prophet (SAW) said, "Who ever does not attend three Friday prayers, (without a valid excuse) Allah will set a seal on his heart"

It is also recommended to increase supplication especially at the last hour of the day since it is the hour when requests are replied by Allah. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam Al-Nisai, Abu-Dawod, and Al-hakim, that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "Friday has 12 hours, one of which is the hour where cries are granted for Muslim believers. This hour is sought at the last hour after Asar."

It is encouraged to send salaam upon the Messenger of Allah (SAW) during Fridays and Friday’s night because of an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, Al-Nisai, and Ibn-Majah, that the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) said, "The best day is Friday. On Friday Adam was created, and died. On Friday is the first time the trumpet is blown (meaning when every creature dies) and the second time the trumpet is blown (referring to resurrection). So increase the number of times you wish peace upon me since this prayer will be shown to me." They asked him, How will our prayers be shown to you after you have vanished. He replied, "Allah has prohibited earth to cause the body of Prophets to decay."

It is also recommended that Muslims recite Surah Al-Kahf, because of the authentic hadith reported by Imam Al-Baihaqee and Al-Hakim, that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) had said, "Who ever recites Surah Al-Kahf on Friday, Allah will give him a light to the next Friday."

It is also recommended that Muslims clean and wash themselves and make sure they smell nice when they attend Friday Prayers. Imam Muslim and Bukhari reported that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "Every Muslim is obligated to wash on Fridays and wear his best cloth. Also, he should use perfume if he has any."

It is important to come early to the Friday prayer. All of the hadith collectors, except Ibn-Majah, reported in an authentic hadith that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "If one washes himself and then went to Friday Prayer, it is considered as if he donated a camel for the sake of Allah. However, If he went in the second hour then it is considered as if he donated a cow and if the third hour then as if he donated a big sheep and if the fourth hour then as if he donated a chicken and if the fifth hour then as if he donated an egg. Then when the Imam starts delivering the speech the angels come and listen to it." Also in anther authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "On Friday the angels come to stand on the doors of the mosque (masjid), the angels record who comes first, if the Imam starts delivering the speech, the angles close their files and come to listen to the speech."

It is forbidden to work on Fridays after the call for the prayer was announced because Allah says in Surah Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business."

Also, it is forbidden to talk during the Khutbah. Several sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) covers this subject. In an authentic hadith reported by the group of Ahadith collectors except Ibn-Majah, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "If you told your friend to pay attention on Friday while the Imam is delivering the speech then you committed a sin of vain talk." Another authentic hadith which was reported by Imam Ibn-Majah and Attermizi that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "Even who touches the gravel on the floor then he committed vain talk, and he who does commit that there will be no (Jumuah) Friday for him."

It is also disliked to walk between sitting people during Friday gathering unless there is an empty spot to fill. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, Al-Nisai, and Ahmad that, A man came and started walking between people during a Friday gathering while Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was delivering his speech, so the Prophet told him, "Sit because you caused harm to other people and came in late."

It was not legislated to consider Friday as a day off and not work during it. Because Allah (SWT) said in Surah Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 10), what can be translated as, "And when the prayer is finished, then you may disperse through the land and seek of the bounty of Allah." It was not a habit of any of the companions to consider Friday as a day to take off work. On the contrary Imam Malik(rh) said, "It is disliked to take Friday off since we will be resembling the Jews and Christians for taking, respectively, Saturday or Sunday off."

Finally , there are two important matters for us in this country to be cautioned of. First of all, we must not neglect Friday Prayers because of work, study, or other matters. Every Muslims should make attending Friday Prayer as his top priority. It is important to do so since ignoring it three times with no valid reason will cause the heart to be sealed from the right path.

The second matter to watch for is the losing of one’s interest in the importance of Friday. This is especially important for the growing generation who are used to the concept of weekend being Saturday and Sunday and know almost nothing about the importance of Friday in the eyes of Muslims. So it is our duty to remind them and ourselves about this great day which is the best day of the week and try to spend it according to Islamic teaching.

Related Articles:
The importance of prayer
Translation of salaah (prayer)
Times and units of salaah (prayer)
27 reasons to pray in congregation (jamaat)
Guidelines to help your observe fajr
Abandoning prayer - a major sin

here i found this. read it. it shows the importance of friday prayer for the man and what the prophet (saw) said about not attending it.

cat eyes
12-25-2009, 04:01 PM
source http://www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/jumuah.htm

touba
12-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Jazakoum ALLAH SWT kher for all your reply ,

I know that friday pray is very important for us as muslims and men should pray in the mosque but my husband does not pray every friday nor everyday he choose only this friday because he is on a holiday but i asked him if he will carry on pray after friday pray and he said he cannot thats why i told him to not go today to friday pray and to decide to pray regulary and he said he may will in the future and i hope INSHALLAH gives us hidaya to pray together regulary AMEEN because as far i know we should not stop praying we should pray regulary or not to pray otherwise is like we are playing with pray

Hamza Asadullah
12-25-2009, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba
Jazakoum ALLAH SWT kher for all your reply ,

I know that friday pray is very important for us as muslims and men should pray in the mosque but my husband does not pray every friday nor everyday he choose only this friday because he is on a holiday but i asked him if he will carry on pray after friday pray and he said he cannot thats why i told him to not go today to friday pray and to decide to pray regulary and he said he may will in the future and i hope INSHALLAH gives us hidaya to pray together regulary AMEEN because as far i know we should not stop praying we should pray regulary or not to pray otherwise is like we are playing with pray
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it was very wrong of you to have stopped him from going to Jumma. We should realise that it is not us that can give guidance to anyone. We can only inform and only Allah guides but informing a person the way you did will never recieve positive results at all.

You should never discourage anyone from doing even one good act even if it is small and to discourage someone for praying a Salah and in this case the most important Salah of the week is quite blameworthy and i would say sinful too so you should repent to Allah for stopping your husband from going to Jumma prayers. There is no wisdom in what you did. Rather you should tell him in the most beautiful of ways using wisdom and tact of the importance and significance of Salah.

Here are some things you can do though to try and help and encourage your husband to pray Salah:

1) Don't nag your husband or constantly tell him to pray as this will never work and he will start to get agitated with you constantly telling him to pray all of the time.

2) Encourage him in a gentle yet firm manner using wisdom and tact about the importance and obligation of Salah and do this not all the time otherwise he will not respond to it as well but at maybe once a week.

3) Encourage your husband to open up and to make a list of the things stopping him from praying Salah.

4) When your sat down with him try to read a few hadith or a few Ayah's of the Qur'an with tafsir just to do little Islamic reminders. This could be done on alternate days or whenever you and your husband are together and these short Islamic reminders are very effective because if a person is not practising then they will forget their deen and purpose in life very often.

5) Try to do a lot of reminders on the purpose of this life and on death because death is the destroyer of pleasures and remind him that death can come any second and that we have to prepare for it otherwise were doomed. Remind him that the purpose of our life is not to just marry work have children and die but that we are created just to worship Allah and that if we do not abide by his commandments then there is no hope for us in the hereafter.

6) Be patient and realise that you have done what you can, it is not on your head if he does'nt pray because you have fulfilled your obligation by telling him to pray Salah. Keep reminding yourself that you can only inform him and that Allah is the only one who guides and he guides who he likes.

7) Remind him that there are 1440 minutes in a day and out of those 1440 minutes 5 Salah's only take a total of around 40 minutes, so that is 40 minutes out of 1440 of a day for Allah and say to him is that too much considering the fact that Allah created us and has given us everything we can see, touch and feel!

Then try to encourage him to start praying one Salah a day because praying 5 a day is too difficult for most people so it is better to set realistic targets so pick a prayer that he should do once a day - Isha is best as it is at the end of the day and he would most likely be home in the evenings. Then encourage him to pray Isha Salah everyday so thats just one Salah a day. Once he gets the habit of praying Isha everyday then encourage him to move onto another and then eventually another until finally he starts to pray all 5 inshallah. Tis gradual process is better for most people.

8) Pray for him in every dua that Allah give him guidance to pray Salah and be patient for Allah knows best.

This link shows the importance and significance of Salah:

Importance of Namaz(Salah)

http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Endless_B...Chapter_13.htm

Here are some very beneficial talks you can get him to listen to to encourage him to start taking the purpose of this life more seriously:

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - The Importance of Prayer (Salat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDb41OH46A

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 1/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7ZQtHl0s

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 2/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_2sVGMW08

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 3/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmzA2hk1Bo

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 4/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km39GfL62TQ

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

touba
12-26-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it was very wrong of you to have stopped him from going to Jumma. We should realise that it is not us that can give guidance to anyone. We can only inform and only Allah guides but informing a person the way you did will never recieve positive results at all.

You should never discourage anyone from doing even one good act even if it is small and to discourage someone for praying a Salah and in this case the most important Salah of the week is quite blameworthy and i would say sinful too so you should repent to Allah for stopping your husband from going to Jumma prayers. There is no wisdom in what you did. Rather you should tell him in the most beautiful of ways using wisdom and tact of the importance and significance of Salah.

Here are some things you can do though to try and help and encourage your husband to pray Salah:

1) Don't nag your husband or constantly tell him to pray as this will never work and he will start to get agitated with you constantly telling him to pray all of the time.

2) Encourage him in a gentle yet firm manner using wisdom and tact about the importance and obligation of Salah and do this not all the time otherwise he will not respond to it as well but at maybe once a week.

3) Encourage your husband to open up and to make a list of the things stopping him from praying Salah.

4) When your sat down with him try to read a few hadith or a few Ayah's of the Qur'an with tafsir just to do little Islamic reminders. This could be done on alternate days or whenever you and your husband are together and these short Islamic reminders are very effective because if a person is not practising then they will forget their deen and purpose in life very often.

5) Try to do a lot of reminders on the purpose of this life and on death because death is the destroyer of pleasures and remind him that death can come any second and that we have to prepare for it otherwise were doomed. Remind him that the purpose of our life is not to just marry work have children and die but that we are created just to worship Allah and that if we do not abide by his commandments then there is no hope for us in the hereafter.

6) Be patient and realise that you have done what you can, it is not on your head if he does'nt pray because you have fulfilled your obligation by telling him to pray Salah. Keep reminding yourself that you can only inform him and that Allah is the only one who guides and he guides who he likes.

7) Remind him that there are 1440 minutes in a day and out of those 1440 minutes 5 Salah's only take a total of around 40 minutes, so that is 40 minutes out of 1440 of a day for Allah and say to him is that too much considering the fact that Allah created us and has given us everything we can see, touch and feel!

Then try to encourage him to start praying one Salah a day because praying 5 a day is too difficult for most people so it is better to set realistic targets so pick a prayer that he should do once a day - Isha is best as it is at the end of the day and he would most likely be home in the evenings. Then encourage him to pray Isha Salah everyday so thats just one Salah a day. Once he gets the habit of praying Isha everyday then encourage him to move onto another and then eventually another until finally he starts to pray all 5 inshallah. Tis gradual process is better for most people.

8) Pray for him in every dua that Allah give him guidance to pray Salah and be patient for Allah knows best.

This link shows the importance and significance of Salah:

Importance of Namaz(Salah)

http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Endless_B...Chapter_13.htm

Here are some very beneficial talks you can get him to listen to to encourage him to start taking the purpose of this life more seriously:

Brother before you told me that it is sinful i would like to tell you that i know my husband more than anybody else and we are married nearly 5 years he is always like that pray one friday in a 3 years and i connvince him so many times to pray regulary and he knows but does not change him

Second why ALLAH SWT said in the koran that the prayers who pray and stop their pray will have more punishment than the people who doesnt pray i really dont remember which surah but iam sure there is so that mean i can pray once a week and ALLAH SWT will be happy with me than praying everyday so if it is like that thats fine me too iam in the same boat anyway i pray and i stop but i was thinking it is haram but now from you you said it is good to do even small good pray so why not thanks in advance

cat eyes
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Brother before you told me that it is sinful i would like to tell you that i know my husband more than anybody else and we are married nearly 5 years he is always like that pray one friday in a 3 years and i connvince him so many times to pray regulary and he knows but does not change him

Second why ALLAH SWT said in the koran that the prayers who pray and stop their pray will have more punishment than the people who doesnt pray i really dont remember which surah but iam sure there is so that mean i can pray once a week and ALLAH SWT will be happy with me than praying everyday so if it is like that thats fine me too iam in the same boat anyway i pray and i stop but i was thinking it is haram but now from you you said it is good to do even small good pray so why not thanks in advance
sister don't worry only Allah swt will judge him a person who dose his 5times salaat might be just doing it for show and not muslim in his heart. Allah also speaks bout this muslim in the holy Qur'an so i would not worry over it sister and remember Allah is the only one who can judge. as long as hes still feeding u and buying you what ever you need hes still a pure muslim at heart

Hamza Asadullah
12-26-2009, 06:43 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister most of us have members of family who don't pray Salah. I myself have members of my family who don't pray and discouraging them not to pray Jummah Salah is totally wrong.

I would be happy for my those members of my family who don't pray to at least pray as many prayers as they can but i would never dream of discouraging them not to go to a certain prayer. That just does'nt make sense sister.

We cannot give guidance to anyone sister but all we can do is inform them best we can and make dua for them.

Never stop anyone from going to the house of Allah. Maybe one day he may pray to Allah and Allah may change his heart and give him guidance. But stopping him will never benefit him at all. So never do that again sister as that is what shaythan wants you to do.

I made you a list of tips of how to encourage your partner to start to pray Salah, so please try them sister and also show him those video clips so that he realises his purpose in life and that life is so short and where our ultimate destination will be. Remind him often of death which is the destroyer of pleasures but remember sister you getting annoyed with him will never work as that is not the right approach. But be the best towards him and invite him towards Salah in the most beautiful of ways using wisdom and tact and that will be far more effective inshallah.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path. Ameen

touba
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Hamza81;1265095]Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister most of us have members of family who don't pray Salah. I myself have members of my family who don't pray and discouraging them not to pray Jummah Salah is totally wrong.

I would be happy for my those members of my family who don't pray to at least pray as many prayers as they can but i would never dream of discouraging them not to go to a certain prayer. That just does'nt make sense sister.

We cannot give guidance to anyone sister but all we can do is inform them best we can and make dua for them.

Never stop anyone from going to the house of Allah. Maybe one day he may pray to Allah and Allah may change his heart and give him guidance. But stopping him will never benefit him at all. So never do that again sister as that is what shaythan wants you to do.

I made you a list of tips of how to encourage your partner to start to pray Salah, so please try them sister and also show him those video clips so that he realises his purpose in life and that life is so short and where our ultimate destination will be. Remind him often of death which is the destroyer of pleasures but remember sister you getting annoyed with him will never work as that is not the right approach. But be the best towards him and invite him towards Salah in the most beautiful of ways using wisdom and tact and that will be far more effective inshallah.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path. Ameen[/QUOTE

Alaikoum Asslam Warahmatou ALLAH TAALA WAbarakatou,

Brother jazaka ALLAH SWT kher INSHALLAH i will and please pray for me as well that i pray regular , I would like to know please how to stop my self to not put make up and how to push my self to pray regular and how to fast my ramadan loan ? Jazaka ALLAH kher brother

brotherubaid
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
AlhumdoLILLAH ws salatu wa sallam ala RasooliLLah

The sister asked a question and brothers and sisters ( Except a few) come in with their Opinions and do not bring any evidence nor do they bring in any good advise islamicly.

First of all i will ask the sister and other members of the forum that when ever some one comes in with a question , we should not rush to give answers , This is called Iftaa , and u guys are giving fatwas right n left liek its notthing.

Let me tell u a couple of really intresting things.

Imam Malik is one of the four famous n major Imams n He is The Imam of Dar Al hijrah Al Madeenah.

Once in a gathering he was Asked about 40 question and to 36 questions he said I DO NOT KNOW!!! ( n But our brothers n sisters on teh forum have answers for all sort of question)

Also It was Narrated by Imam Malik that he said , when some one asks u about a religious ruling , a fatwa ,one shoudl Present Himself infront of the Fire and also infront of the Jannah before answering the question!!!

Can you guys see the seriousness of the issue??

So basically please always get bac to the scholars , The Ulamah , the People of knowledge or atleast if u want to answer someones question , go look up on the net about its ruling and then answer.

As far as the question of the sister goes n this thread , I realise that the sister and her Husband do not pray regularly ( please correct me if im wrong) and that the husband only prays Friday sometimes.

Now people came in here saying all sort of stuff ,two is better than one , three are beter than 2 , and all sort of opinions.

Only if we would take a minute to look at the evidences of the one who does not pray from Quran n Sunnnah we would be amazed at how serious this issue really is.

Some of the members of this forum might not be praying regularty , i invite you to read this n think about it.

From the Quran

“But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism], perform As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat) and give Zakaat, then they are your brethren in religion.” [al-Tawbah 9:11]
The evidence derived from this aayah is that Allaah defined three things that the Mushrikeen have to do in order to eliminate the differences between them us: they should repent from shirk, they should perform prayer, and they should pay zakaah

Next Surah Al Mudathir

Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islâmic Monotheism);

40. In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another,

41. About Al-Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers, etc.), (And they will say to them):

42. "What has caused you to enter Hell?"

43. They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer their Salât (prayers)

Next Surah Al Maaoon

So woe unto those performers of Salât (prayers) (hypocrites),
Who delay their Salât (prayer) from their stated fixed times,

Quran About The Munafiqeen / Hyprocrites ( And no Muslim wants to be from the hyprocrites)

First Know that Allah says that the Hyprocrites are :

Verily, the hyprocrites will be in the lowest depths (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them Al Nisaa ayah 145

Now lets look at some of the qualities of the hyprocrites
At Tauba
And nothing prevents their contributions from being accepted from them except that they disbelieved in Allâh and in His Messenger and that they came not to As-Salât (the prayer) except in a lazy state and that they offer not contributions but unwillingly. 54

Surah Al Nisaa
Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allâh, but it is He Who deceives them.[] And when they stand up for As-Salât (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allâh but little. 142

SO EVEN THE HYPROCRITES USED TO PRAY ALL THE PRAYERS , THEY JUST USED TO BE LAZY ABOUT IT AND DID NOT PRAY WITH ALL THEIR HEART AND ATTENTIVENESS!! AND WE DO NOT PRAY AND YET WE HOPE THAT WE ARE NOT HYPROCRITES N THAT WE WILL BE SAVED FROM THE FIRE!!

And evidence of the one who does not pray ON TIME to be from the Munafiq and the one who does not pray in masjid and congregation to be from Hyprocosy are many i dont want to quote here coz i dont want to make this post so lenghthy that people wont even bother to read it.

Also from the Quran
“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salaat (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaat (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allaah and His Messenger Muhammad), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught.” [Maryam 19:59-60]

And Also from surah Ar Roum
Turning in repentance to Him (only), and be afraid and dutiful to Him; and perform As*Salât (Iqâmat*as*Salât) and be not of Al*Mushrikûn (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc.)

And the evidence is plenty , and By Allah for a true believer even one hadith or one Ayah / verse is enough .

---

It is not permissible for you to abandon prayer, because you never know when death will catch you unaware.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said at the end of his life, during his final sickness:

“(Adhere to) prayer, (adhere to) prayer and (take care of) those whom your right hands possess (i.e., slaves).”

(Narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 3/117; Ibn Maajah, 2697; Ibn Hibbaan, 1220. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwaa’, no.2178).

---

We ask Allaah to make the affairs of the Muslims good and lead them to follow the Straight Path. He is the All-Hearing, the Responder.

The post got long any way even though i wanted it to be short , and i hope u guys get the point , if u are not praying , think about these ayaat , think about these ahadith , think about what the companions have said and were agreed upon , think about what the schlars have said n STOP LOOKING for excuses

So basically the sister and her husband need t opray all the five prayers every day on TIME , Not just fridays, if they Fear Allah and Beleiev in Him n believe that they will be made to Stand In front of HIm n believe in what Allah sent down n Believe In the Prophet sala lahu alihi wa salam n Want to Be Msulims , N Stay Muslims n return back to Islam , U neeeed to start praying all five salahs.
Asssalam O Alikum

Hamza Asadullah
01-01-2010, 07:18 AM

Brother jazaka ALLAH SWT kher INSHALLAH i will and please pray for me as well that i pray regular , I would like to know please how to stop my self to not put make up and how to push my self to pray regular and how to fast my ramadan loan ? Jazaka ALLAH kher brother
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sorry for the delay sister. In regards to your question about making up the fasts that you have missed in Ramadan from Menstruation then you should do so as soon as possible as life is uncertain. You should make up all the fasts that you missed immediatley.

In regards to your question on wearing makeup:

According to Sunnipath:

In Surat al-Nur, Allah says, "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss". (Qur'an 24:31).

Scholars have interpreted the directive to not display beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appears in terms of ordinary adornment and extra adornment. Ordinary adornments like kohl, henna, or a ring are permissible to wear in public. Extra adornment, like perfume, lipstick, dazzling eye colors, and the like are not permissible to wear in public. In short, any type of adornment which makes a woman look "made-up" and attracts amorous attention is not permissible, as this would defeat the whole purpose of hijab.

So my sister one should not beautify themselves when going out by applying lots of make up looking all 'dolled up'. This goes against the very principles of hijaab which is not to make oneself look extra attractive, resulting in attracting unwanted attention and gazes upon oneself.

The purpose of hijaab is to be inconspicuous not to stand out glowing with make up and various kinds of fashion accessories. Those girls who act like this get more attention from guys than girls who don't wear hijaab at all!

Even scholars have stated that it is not permissable for a girl who wears hijaab to get all 'dolled up' by wearing lots of make up and accesories that further beautify her and make her stand out which clearly attract unwanted attention and gazes from others.

You can apply very little and Kohl is permissable but one should still be careful because it can really beautify the eyes and make them look striking.

You can apply makeup In front of your mahrams and dress and put on as much make up as you want in front of your husband because you are the jewel of your husband who's beauty is only for him to admire and appreciate as you are his and he is yours and you are not for the eyes of others.

Also don't wear bright coloured hijaabs rather wear dark coloured ones and if you are not currently doing so then wear jilbaab as it is far more superiour to normal loose clothing because other loose clothing may hug on your hips revealing your shape.

The jilbab is also much more respectable and will certainly lessen unwanted attention and lustful glances.

Those women who are modest inside and out are the women who have true beauty! For they are the most beautiful in the eyes of Allah and the women are who make a mockery of hijaab are the most beautiful to shaythan and those who give lustful gazes!

Please read my thread: Hijaab is not a fashion accessory!

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...accessory.html

In regards to your second question about praying regular Salat:

The Holy Prophet(Pbuh) has stated: "The first duty that Allah, the Supreme, has ordained upon my nation is that of offering Prayer, and indeed Prayer is the first thing that will be taken account of on the Day of Resurrection."

It is also reported in the Hadith that, "Whoever keeps the Prayer established, has kept his religion established - and whoever leaves Prayer has demolished religion".

It is reported by Syedna Abu Hurairah (may Allah be well pleased with him) that the Holy Prophet said: "Allah the Supreme states, 'O the son of Adam !! Free yourself for My worship, I shall fill your heart with content - and if you do not do so, I shall make you busy in several affairs but not remove your poverty.' " (Mishkaat ul Masabeeh, Ibn Majah)

"Be content with five things before (the advent of) the other five: Youth before old age, good health before sickness, prosperity before poverty, spare time before indulgence in affairs, and life before death." (Hadith reported in Tirmizi)

If we don’t let go of our love for this world and worldly things then how can our imaan (faith) remain high? So we have to forsake the love for this world and realise that this world is just temporary and our life in this world can end at ANY second!

My Sister we should thank Allah so much everyday because firstly out of BILLIONS of people that he's created he chose US and gave US imaan (faith)!

We should try and cry to Allah everyday on our dua’s and feel him close to us in our hearts for he listens to every prayer of ours and he knows our pain and wants to help us but we have to help ourselves first! Allah the most compassionate has already given us EVERYTHING we can see, hear, feel and touch and all we have to do is put the effort in but why do we still not make the effort?

How unappreciative are we to the favours of Allah and everything Allah has given us? He has given us so much yet we cannot even do a little in return? If we don’t change then the only ones in loss will be ourselves!

He didn’t have to give us imaan, he could of created us non believers and he could have created us in ANY time period in history like in the dark ages or in the medieval times or some other terrible time uncivilised time period but he created us in a relatively safe environment in one of the richest countries in the world with luxury, food on a plate everyday, anything we want and all we have to do is look at the unfortunate people who have NOTHING and we will truly realise how lucky we really are and that Allah has given us EVERYTHING!

For us it is easier to sin that to do good deeds, but that is because were in the habit of sinning so much that were used to it. Were in the habit of missing Namaz day in day out so it is a normal thing for us. We hardly think about Allah and what is to come in the afterlife but continue to think about our life in this world and our future. How do we know we have a future? How do we know whether our time will come now or later? If it does come now what have we got to show for what we have done in our life to try and please Allah?

We need to get into the habit of doing good deeds and praying ALL of our salat and then it will be easier for us to do good deeds and when we get so used to doing good deeds and sinning less then when we do happened to do a sin we would be much more guilty about it and strive not to do it again.

We should NEVER give up hope and give in to shaythan! This is exactly what shaythan wants! He can only whisper but WE HAVE THE POWER OVER OURSELVES! We have FULL control over our mind and body so let us take back control and use our mind and body and focus it towards bettering ourselves as Muslims and going towards our deen and Allah! Let us NEVER give up hope in Allah and NEVER give into shaythan because you are STRONGER than him and you can overcome him it is in you!

This life is a test and what kind of test would it be if there wasn’t evil and temptation around us? Life is full of hurdles for the path to Jannah is not an easy one and why should it be? We have to earn our place in Jannah just like we earnt our degrees or driving licenses or anything else we have achieved in our life.

If we get closer to Allah then our journey to Jannah will be a very easy one because we would have Allah by our side and when we get tested we would bare it with patience and have full hope, reliance and trust in Allah! But if were far away from our deen and Allah then we will be on a very rocky road to nowhere and eventually destruction!

The problem is because were far away from our deen and Allah it is MUCH harder for us to do good deeds and pray to Allah with full commitment. That is why it is crucial that we get closer to our deen and Allah so that we find it easier to do good and feel more guilt when we do bad. Once you start praying properly and coming towards Islam then one will bring Noor(light) and blessings into the household and other members of the household will also benefit from it, so will you not pray and read Qur'an so that your house gets full with this Noor and blessings?

My Sister Allah ONLY created us for one purpose and that is to worship him! He created us to provide for ourselves in this world but it is him who has given us the ability to work! He has given us the mental ability and capacity and he has given us the health and energy in our muscles so that we may work! He is our employer and he is our wage giver!

He sustains and he has given us the ability to earn for ourselves. This does not mean that we should let this affect our actual purpose in this life! We should always keep a balance between what we do for this world and what we do for the hereafter.

My Sister Allah has not asked much from us in this life compared to what he's got on offer for us in the hereafter! Allah has just asked us for full obedience to him for such a short amount of time- (70 years to the most) and in return for our obedience he has promised us ETERENITY of bliss!

So that's: Obedience to Allah for the duration of our short lives = Eternity of bliss in the hereafter

Is that not the most amazing offer one can EVER imagine or comprehend? On top of that Allah has given us everything we need, life, shelter, wealth, food, clothing I can go on and on the favours of Allah FOREVER!

So not only has Allah provided us with everything we can imagine but he has asked us to do a little in return for an eternity of bliss and we still can't manage it? Were pathetic it’s as simple as that!

There is 1440 minutes in a day and on average all the Salah if we add it up takes around 40 minutes in total a day so that’s 40 minutes for Allah out of 1440 minutes in a day that’s just 3% of our day that we need to pray to Allah and we still can't manage that! We are truly pathetic and we will truly regret it on the day of judgement FOREVER and by then it would have been too late!

My Sister after EVERYTHING Allah has given us, we can’t even manage to spend just 40 minutes out of 1440 minutes for him? Almighty Allah does not need us at all Sister for we need him!

Allah just wants the best for us in this world and the next and he tells us in the Qur'an that righteousness and piety is the path to success in this world and the next!

Simply following Allah's commands wholeheartedly will lead to success in this world and the next!

This life for us can end at ANY second Sister as we have seen for ourselves and still see on the news and all around us people dying and those people are not old at all they are people of ALL ages, ethnicities, backgrounds and religions! No matter who we are and what our situation or position is in life when our time is up then death will take us for death does not wait a second more it will take us when our time is up and NO ONE knows when that will be but Allah!

We know too well how temporary our life is and we should realise that if we waste our lives away more than we have already done then surely we will surely regret all the time we wasted on the day of judgement because ONLY then will we realise the true value of the time we had and the amount of GREAT opportunities we missed out on to do good and go towards Allah!

There will be MANY on the day of Qiyamat that will ask Allah for just one more chance and opportunity to have another shot at life and another chance to do things right this time but NO ONE will be given another chance for THIS is our ONLY chance! If we waste this opportunity then we WILL regret it FOREVER! That's a guarantee!

Allah will say have I not given you enough chances in this world to change and be obedient to me?

We wouldn't want to die at this point in our lives right now because we know that we have prepared NOTHING! What have we prepared to show Allah when he asks us what we did with our lives? We have NOTHING to show! We should be VERY worried indeed!

My Sister It’s just about making a routine for ourselves! If we have a daily routine of work, praying remembrance of Allah, reading the Qur'an and learning about Islam then we are more likely to stick to it and implement it throughout our daily life.

When you get into the habit of praying my Sister then everything will become easier for you. It is just right now shaythan is trying to make you think its impossible for you and he is trying to make you think that you can't do it and that it is not in your capacity to do it but he is just trying to knock your confidence in yourself! You have the ability to do ANYTHING!

Once you get into the habit of praying you will NEVER look back again and you will think why I didn’t start earlier!

I believe in you Sister and know you can do this for you are MUCH stronger than shaythan and you can get into the habit of namaz without any problems but you have to act NOW and NEVER put this off again and say soon or tomorrow because tomorrow or soon will NEVER come but NOW is the time to change and go towards Allah! For we will regret the seconds we wasted and all the Salah's we missed.

If we chase the dunya then the dunya will run away from us but if we chase deen then the dunya will run after us! If we walk towards Allah Allah will run to us! So let us run towards Allah and run away from the dunya!

Please feel free to ask me anything you want as I am here for you as your brother in Islam and we as Muslims are all one body!

Here are some very beneficial talks you should really listen to in order to make you realise the purpose of this life:

I have pasted some beneficial links for you on various aspects of Islam which i hope you will find VERY useful and beneficial:

The translation of salat (namaz) - learn what you’re reading in namaz

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38303

Overcoming laziness and Procrastination

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52097

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html

Signs of Weak Iman and How to Increase It

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/weakimanfix.htm

Overcoming tests from Allah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61961

25 Ways to Deal with Stress and Anxiety VERY GOOD THREAD

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43179

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!)

My Daily Ibadah(worship) check

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

A party in Paradise, A party in Hellfire

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39698

The Ultimate Motivation for Muslims

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49243

The State of the People of Paradise in this World

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49125

Major Signs before the Day of Judgement

http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

Signs before the Day of Judgement

http://etori.tripod.com/dajjalsystem/judgement.html

The Life of this World and the Hereafter

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51739

Beautiful Description of Paradise in Islam

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51707

Practising az-Zuhd in the Dunya

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51738

Everything about Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/

(THE SEALED NECTAR)Memoirs of the Noble Prophet [pbuh]
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

For those wanting to look more into Islam

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=44392

Please remember me in your dua's and please feel free to ask me ANYTHING you want and I will try my best to always help you as your brother in Islam. Allah Hafiz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.