/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Convoy Banned!!! PAlestine needs YOU!!

mahfuja
12-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Salaam guys, insha'Allah you all are well, I urge you to please read this quick message from the QMUL Palestine Solidarity Society and take action accordingly. I know you all are busy with your holidays, revising etc but this will literally take maxium 5 minutes, I'm sure we can all give up a small amount of time from our busy schedules for the sake of our brothers and sisters in Palestine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just heard that the convoy has been stuck since last night, unable to board the ferry across the Red Sea to Egypt---Egyptian authorities have banned the convoy. People on the convoy are cold and have little access to food but it has been peaceful.

If the convoy is not able to cross to Egypt, they will eventually be forced to drive to Lebanon which will be a massive waste of time and resources, so that is certainly not optimal.

We are kindly asking, then, that you could help put pressure on the politicans to do what they can to help our friends. If you could spare a few minutes to make a phone call or send a few emails that would be fantastic.

For example, send:

Dear -------

I have been following the progress of a convoy taking aid to the Gaza strip. The convoy consists of over 200 vehicles carrying many thousands of pounds worth of aid, and has been organized by Viva Palestina and Code Pink. Many of the activists taking part have gone from the United Kingdom.

It has recently come to my attention that Egyptian authorities have blocked the progress of the convoy by denying entry to Egypt. The convoy is currently waiting in Jordan to be permitted to board a ferry across the Red Sea. I have heard from one person in the convoy who has decribed how they are cold and have little access to food at the moment.

I am kindly requesting that you use your position and influence to help us persuade the Egyptian authorities to permit the convoy to pass safely. This is very important to me, both for my hope that the people in Gaza will receive the much-needed aid, and also out of concern for my friends in the convoy.

Kind Regards,

-------

Some people you might want to contact are:

-Your local MP.

-Egyptian Embassy in London
Tel: 020 7499 3304/2401
eg.emb_london@mfa.gov.eg

-Jeremy Corbyn (Labour MP for Islington North)
corbynj@parliament.uk
Office phone:
020 7561 7488

-Clare Short (Independent MP for Birmingham Ladywood)
shortc@parliament.uk
020 7219 4264/4148

-David Miliband (Foreign Secretary/Labour MP for South Shields)
milibandd@parliament.uk
(0191) 456 8910

-Nick Clegg (Leader of Lib Dems, MP for Sheffield Hallam, wrote this piece in the guardian the other day http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ade-nick-clegg)
nickclegg@sheffieldhallam.org.uk
cleggn@parliament.uk

-British Embassy in Egypt
Tel: (20)(2)27916000
information.cairo@fco.gov.uk

- Egyptian Consulate in London
consulate.london@mfa.gov.eg

- Sarah Teather MP [Previously been to the West Bank]
teathers@parliament.uk

NB. the embassy email addresses are only meant for information, so you could include a kind note to forward the message to the appropriate diplomatic staff.

If anyone knows any more contacts they expect will be helpful, please reply with them.

Please help them with this!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.