/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost brother

waqas maqsood
12-26-2009, 12:19 AM
:sl: to all

I am a muslim brother coming to the age of 24. Divorced, living on my own...

At the age of 14 and up, I was doing Hifz Ul Quran (14 saparah, Alhamdullillah) with my prayers. Just before GCSE, I had stopped completely because my mother told me so that I can concentrate on my exams.

Since then, I started college, start to hang around with the wrong crowd and smoking.

At around 19, my parents believe that I was going out of hand (not coming home, drugs, cigarette, girlfriends) and the solution to my problems was MARRIAGE. Did get married to someone whom I thought I loved, but lasted only a year.

I then moved out and couldn't get my head together since. My memory has weakened very much. I seem lost. I always have the fear of Allah in me and the intention to start my prayers and for some reason, get caught up in the worldly affairs. I feel like a lost caused... not sharp as I used to be, but the Taqwa is still there, just that I cannot execute it and put it in practise.

Not that it makes things better, I used to atleast pray Friday prayers if not any of the 5 compulsary, but its been a while. I know the consequences plainly in my grave and Akhiraah but seem totally lost. It has even come to this point that have nightmares!

May Allah give me Hidayah. Can anyone help please me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
waqas maqsood
12-26-2009, 06:06 AM
A sister have sent me a message. Wanted to sent her a reply but couldn't as I do not have the privilege.

Therefore I am writing the response here

Thank you for your reply. Its one of those transitional phase that has been going on for a very long time and it not ending. At one time, I thought I was a very bright lad, with potential and aim in serving the message of Allah. But now, I feel totally dillusioned. I know I have the potential and the capability but cannot seem to put it in context and to execute it. I always have the fear of God, yet I easily get manipulated into wrongdoings.

In regards to hang around with good people and going to masjid, I hardly have time as I always have a tight schedule 24/7. Health been detoriating mentally and physically. I, now have just couple of friends whom they have stayed loyal. My family background have been strict in terms of discipline but I was fortunate to learn respect and religion when I used to go mosque as my family are not very religious.

But thank you for your message and concern.

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
A sister have sent me a message. Wanted to sent her a reply but couldn't as I do not have the privilege.

Therefore I am writing the response here

Thank you for your reply. Its one of those transitional phase that has been going on for a very long time and it not ending. At one time, I thought I was a very bright lad, with potential and aim in serving the message of Allah. But now, I feel totally dillusioned. I know I have the potential and the capability but cannot seem to put it in context and to execute it. I always have the fear of God, yet I easily get manipulated into wrongdoings.

In regards to hang around with good people and going to masjid, I hardly have time as I always have a tight schedule 24/7. Health been detoriating mentally and physically. I, now have just couple of friends whom they have stayed loyal. My family background have been strict in terms of discipline but I was fortunate to learn respect and religion when I used to go mosque as my family are not very religious.

But thank you for your message and concern.
Assalam alaikum,

I am going through something very similar and I am 23 years old. I do not know if you are depressed but I am mentally depressed due to some failures in my academic career. I have not attained the serenity and tranquility yet but I really hope someone can help you here as I feel how it is to become an outcast .....

Why do you have a tight schedule? Studies? Job?

Wsalam

جوري
12-26-2009, 06:23 AM
:sl: waqas

I think you should sit down with yourself and make a list of things you'd like to improve..
once you have made the list, prioritize and see what on that list is the most pressing.. in other words what you you like to see improved yesterday..

say you don't make your salat, you have poor health, you are in an illegal relationship, you are doing drugs, you have bad friends etc etc..
of those consider which needs your immediate attention (in my opinion for instance) starting your salaat should be your number one priority, then start working on that, one prayer maybe make morning prayer, then keep with it, then add another and so on and son on until you are making all five and on time.. (I know there will be people who will tell you to make your salat all at once) now this is something between you and God, I am just simply giving you the best way to go about it.. next you see what else should take priority on your list and work on that, slowly one by one you'll be the sort of person you always wanted to be..

you are very young still really, just a young man who is approaching the age of reason.. wisdom comes from experience, it isn't innate...

I wish you the best

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
12-26-2009, 06:37 AM
bro may Allah remove ur worries and problms, guide u to what He loves and give u success in this world and the next!!!!

tango92
12-26-2009, 07:46 AM
well sis skye gave good advice.

"Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe," without being put to the test?" 29:2

pass this test and inshallah your reward will be great and status increased

noorseeker
12-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Start of slowly bro, Start with one salat a day and build it up, you may not be praying 5 times a day , but at least Allah swt knows your intention.

waqas maqsood
12-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I am not the type of person who can sit and reflect my mistakes and how to improve them. This may be due to the fact that I don't want to face the truth or have a fear. For example, if I have finished a uni assignment and hand it in, I wouldn't like to discuss with friends of how it went. Thank you sister skye for your kind words and words of wisdom. Just the fact that I feel like a lost cause and life seems aimless. This may be due to that I am not fulfilling the command of Allah and feel low energy. On the other hand, I have the intention but cannot practically succeed. What should be my basic start?

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 09:39 AM
I am not the type of person who can sit and reflect my mistakes and how to improve them. This may be due to the fact that I don't want to face the truth or have a fear. For example, if I have finished a uni assignment and hand it in, I wouldn't like to discuss with friends of how it went. Thank you sister skye for your kind words and words of wisdom. Just the fact that I feel like a lost cause and life seems aimless. This may be due to that I am not fulfilling the command of Allah and feel low energy. On the other hand, I have the intention but cannot practically succeed. What should be my basic start?
From personal opinion, life seems aimless when we look at the absurdities of life and nature and come to a conclusion that is how it is, we have to live with it and one day we will drown in the sands of time which have drowned millions of humans, nature, stones, animals and will continue its vicious cycle till universe collapses due to its laws. At least that triggers me to drown into aimlessness and sit in my parents' basement for weeks doing nothing and contemplating on the misery of mankind.

However if you realize that you ahve a strong faith in Allah and that He will ask you about the time you were given, you might not feel aimlessness and your aim would be to please Allah, be it by marrying or getting a good education. So start by looking at the strength of your faith and list down your responsibilities as a Muslim towards obeying Allah.

waqas maqsood
12-26-2009, 11:08 AM
The worst part is that I know what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do, yet it seems impossible. The fact that I don't know where to start from. Mind is always confused and blank, but remember the aakhieah and the grave. Body feels totally numb. Can't get life back on track. Feel so sinful that it aint even worth asking forgiveness. Also the fact that you know what ur duties and responsibilities are towards Islam but cannot fulfill it. Body so tired that you can't pray, mind either totally blank or wondering away all day, forgettin to say ur dua before eating or doing anything.. But before going to bed, death is always remembered. U then think you'll wake up the next day n do your prayers but when you wake up, u completely forget everything.

I don't have no aspiration and motivation in life; no plans, no goal and no aims.. My day passes as I improvise.. I seriously need some serious and professional help. I never was like this, never felt like this

Rafeeq
12-26-2009, 11:49 AM
:sl:
Dear Brother Waqas

I am going to request you only one thing, start from this and later things will be steamline for you automatically.

Start 5 times Sala.
If you miss one, do not give up but offer it as Qadha.

When I was not offering Sala 5 times a day, it was happening to me also. When I missed one, I started losing others and then for months, I could not come back to track.

Then I started what I am advising you and now Hamdulillah, I can perform 5 times and if I do not I feel unconfortable.

When you did this for 7 days in sequence, we will discuss the matter more.

Keep posting your improvement on the forum.

:wa:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-26-2009, 11:54 AM
how can we help you if you wont help yourself?

keep striving until you can give up your bad habits and do your prayers regularly.

You will ALWAYS SIN!

such is the nature of man, but CUT DOWN ON THE HEAVY ONES ! keep your parents happy and pray and make A HUUUUGE amount of dua

Assalamu Alaikum

cat eyes
12-26-2009, 04:16 PM
we will regret every second in this life what we did when we are getting punished in the grave like who knows we all have a chance to improve the gates of forgiveness are still opened u know yourself the time is going so fast its the signs of judgement is coming

waqas maqsood
12-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Thank you all for your great advice. I can surely tell you that they won't go in vain. I will keep striving and Inshallah, will succeed.

The intention, the fear is always there. I'll just need to motivate and strive. This is the real jihaad. But Inshallah, may Allah give me hidayah to start off salaah and hopefully life should be put back in perspective.

Dont we think as a muslim that it is so true that if you don't perform your salah and fulfill ur islamic duties, life seems totally slow and aimless. And knowing that reading your salah will make you a better person and thats the main purpose of life!

I know when I used to pray, I always was content in my heart, family was great and you had this positve vibe surrounding you at all times.. Now since i've stopped from a very long time, negativity, fear and problems are always surrounded!

cat eyes
12-27-2009, 12:22 AM
brother i know b cos if i don't pray i become awfully depressed and miserable cranky grl and i make every one cranky around me :) and id just cry over da mst little things coz of frustration. Itz like my soul is starving 4 attention

جوري
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM

well then you have prioritized publicly the worst of your short comings, I do believe that if you fix this one first the rest will fall into place.

facing the truth head on is the first lesson of being a good warrior.. that is how you approach everything from now on, the thing you least like to do, is what you do first.. everything else will fall into place..

There was a hadith which I can't cite at the moment about a man who committed all kinds of sins, then he approached the Prophet PBUH and asked him to tell him what to do, and that he can only give up one bad habit, so the prophet (PBUH) told him to give up lying. and the man did, every time he'd come into town someone would ask him did you steal today, when he'd profess the truth, he'd feel so ashamed that he'd give up stealing, then another time someone would ask, did you engage in an illegal relationship today, he'd profess the truth and feel so ashamed and he'd give that too up, then again, did you pray today, he'd feel so ashamed upon professing the truth and he'd give yet another bad habit up..

So I mean it is all up to you in the end, no one can make you do anything, we can only give you the best sincere advise we could, and if I can give you one tonight, it would be to fast tomorrow, for insha'Allah if one does with sincere intent, his sins are forgiven, then you can start a new page!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Are you for real?

May Allah forgive every human's being sins and lead them to the straight path! Ameen

Jazakallah for all ur advice! Will let you know of how its going! Feeling this very positive as I took a step to join Islamic Board.

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Are you for real?

May Allah forgive every human's being sins and lead them to the straight path! Ameen

Jazakallah for all ur advice! Will let you know of how its going! Feeling this very positive as I took a step to join Islamic Board.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, My Brother Almighty Allah the most merciful the most compassionate is wanting to guide you that is why your heart is feeling inclined to coming into Islam and wanting to be closer to Allah. But as with anything in life we have to work towards it and put our FULL effort into whatever we want in life.

Just like we have to study so hard to achieve what we want in this world in the same way we have to struggle hard to achieve what we want in the life hereafter. We have all got the ability to achieve great things in this world and the next but it is ourselves that are stopping us from achieving these great things.

Please rest assured that you are not the only person that sins and has sinned for most of their lives for we are all so sinful and weak. The Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, said, "Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Allah Most High created us and He knows our natures. He knows that we are weak and prone to error and sin. He knows that we are faced with temptations everyday of our lives.

Yet, He is the Most Merciful and the Most Clement. In the words of Allah the Most High, "Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped." (Az-Zumar, 39:53-54)

Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states: "My mercy prevails over My wrath."

The Prophet also once said:

Allah, the Almighty, says: Whosoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it and I add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have the punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches Me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth-load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that. (Sahih Muslim)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

This is a constant reminder to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair my Brother for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit it again then Allah will forgive us.

Allah Most High gives us countless opportunities to repent. We must avail ourselves before it is too late. Alhamdulillah, you're fully aware of this fact. So why not do something good for your heart and your soul and turn to Allah in true repentance? None of us knows when we will be called back to our Creator. So don't let another minute pass.

Alhamdulillah, you still have the gift of youth. So take advantage of it. According to a saying of the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Take advantage of five things before five others occur. Your youth before you grow old; your health before you become sick, your wealth before you become poor, your leisure before you become busy, and your life before you die."

A lot of people put off repentance until they are very old or very sick. But no time is better than the present. Every second of your youth is going by and being wasted, will you ever get this precious time back?

We should be truly repentant for our sins. True repentance is repentance that brings you closer to your Lord and further from the sin. True repentance means that you sincerely and diligently take the means to move away from this sin. You get to the point where even the idea of committing this sin is loathsome. That's what you should strive for. So we should constantly ask for forgiveness every single day.

My Brother if we don’t keep consistent with our deen then our imaan (faith) will decrease and we will be far from Allah and our deen. My Brother I'm sure you have achieved something in your life like a degree of education etc When you were revising for your degree or an exam you must have worked SO hard and you revised for hours on end, that truly showed that you have got a lot of determination inside of you because not many people can work that hard and with that much consistency like you did, so why not transfer that determination and motivation and come FULLY into Islam and go FULLY towards Allah?

Why did you work so hard for your degree or exam? Because you wanted the end result to be good, right? Same way if you work hard to do as much good as possible and abide by Allah's commands then the end result in this world AND the hereafter will be good inshallah! So you have to change your mindset and the way you think and not let shaythan make you lazy or put off making crucial changes any longer!

If we don’t let go of our love for this world and worldly things then how can our imaan (faith) remain high? So we have to forsake the love for this world and realise that this world is just temporary and our life in this world can end at ANY second!

My Brother we should thank Allah so much everyday because firstly out of BILLIONS of people that he's created he chose US and gave US imaan (faith)!

He didn’t have to, he could of created us non believers and he could have created us in ANY time period in history like in the dark ages or in the medieval times or some other terrible time uncivilised time period but he created us in a relatively safe environment in one of the richest countries in the world with luxury, food on a plate everyday, anything we want and all we have to do is look at the unfortunate people who have NOTHING and we will truly realise how lucky we really are and that Allah has given us EVERYTHING!

Many times I have been to Pakistan and seen the poor there and they're terrible condition and I just feel SO lucky of what Allah has given me compared to these people.

I saw a paralysed guy ROLLING around on the streets because he couldn’t walk or afford a wheel chair that really got to me. When one sees things like this then that is when reality really hits us in how lucky we really are because living in the developed world we always seem to forget what it is really like for those in the developing world.

My Brother the amount of poverty that people are experiencing in this world and the position Allah has put us in we should constantly be in prostration to him and thank him SO much! We are SO lucky my Brother and we still complain about this and that and minor things but we should be ever thankful to Allah night and day!

We take for granted what he has given us! He could have created us paralysed or with a terrible debilitating disease but no my Brother he has given us health, wealth and best of all imaan (faith) and now he is wanting to guide us that is why were want to go towards him!

The ONLY thing stopping us from going towards Allah is ourselves because know that shaythan can just whisper but it is our choice whether we listen or not. We are given free will to choose which path we want to take and we HAVE to make the effort to go towards him and get into our deen.

Every single day we should try to imagine and ponder over the favours of Allah and everything that he has done for us and the everything he has given us and only then we will ALWAYS remain so thankful and appreciative of Allah because my Brother SO many people are suffering in this world and all around us but were not always aware. We may look at some people around us and think to ourselves they look happy and content but only Allah knows the most terrible hardships that they are going through.

We should ALWAYS look at people who have less than us and NEVER those who have more than us! We may look at a person who we think has more than us and is happier than us, but how do we know what they are going through in life? We don't because it is not always advertised what people are going through.

Look at our poor brother’s and Sister’s in war torn countries and those who are being oppressed by their governments who don’t even allow them to practise their deen, yet where we are our governments do allow us to practise our deen properly without any problems.

Even though we sin day in and day out our almighty creator still provides for us, nourishes us, sustains us and gives us EVERYTHING we need EVERYDAY OF OUR LIVES! He remains patient waiting for us to go towards him everyday but our luck can run out ANY second!

My Brother we are so lucky if ONLY we knew and realised how much so. Even after our imaan (faith) goes down, Allah is still trying to guide us and that is why we feel inclined in our hearts to go towards him and be the closest to him!

All we have to Brother is to make the little effort in comparison with EVERYTHING Allah has given us! But yet we still fail to do the little required of us to change and go towards Allah!

He gave us life, health and working limbs when there are people out there who have limbs missing or are deformed and retarded and look at us! He has given us EVERY SINGLE THING and yet we still struggle to give even a little back and thank him by praying to him for just a few minutes a day.

Even if we were to spend eternity trying to imagine what Allah has given us and the amount of favours he has done for us, we would NEVER be able to even begin to imagine!

My Brother happiness and contentment of the heart ONLY lies with Allah! Whether we gain this happiness and true contentment really depends on how obedient we are to Allah's commandments and how much we really strive to do what he asks of us!

Remember everything that is good comes from Allah and everything bad that happens comes from us and our own wrong doings! Also Allah tests his creations in MANY different ways!

He may test us in any aspect of our lives! Almighty Allah says in the Qur'an as well that do you think that you will not be tested? What is the point and purpose of life if we are not to be tried and tested by Allah?

Allah just wants to see how we will react when we are tested! Will we go closer to shaythan? Or closer to Almighty Allah the most kind the most compassionate?

Why should we let shaythan win? For Allah tests a person so that he may see if the person will go closer to him or further away!

Who were the people who were tested the most? They were the Ambiya (prophets)! Do you know why? Because they were the best of all creation! So the more Allah tests us the more he wants us to be closer to him and if we bare the tests with patience then know that Allah is with those who are patient and the reward for patience can only be Jannah (Paradise)! Subhanallah

It is shaythan who wants us to become closer to him and will we let him? He ONLY wants our destruction!

He tries EVERYTHING in his power to try and keep us away from our deen by trying by distracting us with the deceptions of this world but will we let him?

He constantly tries to make us forget our purpose for it is shaythan who wants to make us lose faith in Allah and trying to make us give up hope and get depressed and confused!

He tries to mess with our minds and make us lose hope and self esteem and then tells us that our lives are pointless and worthless so why not give up?

It is shaythan who wants to see our destruction in this world and the next! Will we let him do this to us and let him win? Will we let him jeopardise our imaan (faith) and bring us to total destruction in this world and the next?

All shaythan can do is whisper in our ears and tell us to do something but it is up to us whether we will listen or not! We are beings with free will and free choice to do what we want. So will we follow our desires and the whispers of shaythan and be in loss forever? Or will we ONLY strive to listen to Allah and gain eternal success in this world and the next? It’s logical who we should listen to but why don't we?

For us it is easier to sin that to do good deeds, but that is because were in the habit of sinning so much that were used to it. Were in the habit of missing Namaz day in day out so it is a normal thing for us. We hardly think about Allah and what is to come in the afterlife but continue to think about our life in this world and our future. How do we know we have a future? How do we know whether our time will come now or later? If it does come now what have we got to show for what we have done in our life to try and please Allah?

We need to get into the habit of doing good deeds and praying ALL of our salat and then it will be easier for us to do good deeds and when we get so used to doing good deeds and sinning less then when we do happened to do a sin we would be much more guilty about it and strive not to do it again.

We should NEVER give up hope and give in to shaythan! This is exactly what shaythan wants! He can only whisper but WE HAVE THE POWER OVER OURSELVES! We have FULL control over our mind and body so let us take back control and use our mind and body and focus it towards bettering ourselves as Muslims and going towards our deen and Allah! Let us NEVER give up hope in Allah and NEVER give into shaythan because you are STRONGER than him and you can overcome him it is in you!

This life is a test and what kind of test would it be if there wasn’t evil and temptation around us? Life is full of hurdles for the path to Jannah is not an easy one and why should it be? We have to earn our place in Jannah just like we earnt our degrees or driving licenses or anything else we have achieved in our life.

If we get closer to Allah then our journey to Jannah will be a very easy one because we would have Allah by our side and when we get tested we would bare it with patience and have full hope, reliance and trust in Allah! But if were far away from our deen and Allah then we will be on a very rocky road to nowhere and eventually destruction!

The problem is because were far away from our deen and Allah it is MUCH harder for us to do good deeds and pray to Allah with full commitment. That is why it is crucial that we get closer to our deen and Allah so that we find it easier to do good and feel more guilt when we do bad.

Even my parents aren't religious at all but when i started to get into Islam my mother also followed and started reading her namaz and then my sister’s followed but when I started getting into Islam NO1 at all was practicing! My father isn’t religious at all and never has been so you should know that i came into Islam from Allah's guidance and I made full effort because I really wanted to get closer to Allah and I really wanted to get into Islam because I know it is the ONLY truth and the ONLY way to eternal success!

It is never easy because we always have shaythan and our desires trying to get in our way but if we keep consistent in our deen and ALWAYS turn towards Allah then NOTHING can stop us! If Allah guides someone then NO ONE can misguide them but if Allah misguides someone then NO ONE can guide them.

Once you start praying properly and coming towards Islam then one will bring Noor(light) and blessings into the household and other members of the household will also benefit from it, so will you not pray and read Qur'an so that your house gets full with this Noor and blessings?

My Brother Allah ONLY created us for one purpose and that is to worship him! He created us to provide for ourselves in this world but it is him who has given us the ability to work! He has given us the mental ability and capacity and he has given us the health and energy in our muscles so that we may work! He is our employer and he is our wage giver! He sustains and he has given us the ability to earn for ourselves. This does not mean that we should let this affect our actual purpose in this life! We should always keep a balance between what we do for this world and what we do for the hereafter.

My Brother It’s just about making a routine for ourselves! If we have a daily routine of work, praying remembrance of Allah, reading the Qur'an and learning about Islam then we are more likely to stick to it and implement it throughout our daily life.

When you get into the habit of praying my Brother then everything will become easier for you. It is just right now shaythan is trying to make you think its impossible for you and he is trying to make you think that you can't do it and that it is not in your capacity to do it but he is just trying to knock your confidence in yourself! You have the ability to do ANYTHING!

Once you get into the habit of praying you will NEVER look back again and you will think why I didn’t start earlier! I believe in you Brother and know you can do this for you are MUCH stronger than shaythan and you can get into the habit of namaz without any problems but you have to act NOW and NEVER put this off again and say soon or tomorrow because tomorrow or soon NEVER comes but NOW is the time my Brother!

My Brother Allah has not asked much from us in this life compared to what he's got on offer for us in the hereafter! Allah has just asked us for full obedience to him for such a short amount of time- (70 years to the most) and in return for our obedience he has promised us ETERENITY of bliss!

So that's: Obedience to Allah for the duration of our short lives = Eternity of bliss in the hereafter

Is that not the most amazing offer one can EVER imagine or comprehend? On top of that Allah has given us everything we need, life, shelter, wealth, food, clothing I can go on and on the favours of Allah FOREVER!

So not only has Allah provided us with everything we can imagine but he has asked us to do a little in return for an eternity of bliss and we still can't manage it? Were pathetic it’s as simple as that!

There is 1440 minutes in a day and on average all the salah if we add it up takes around 40 minutes in total a day so that’s 40 minutes for Allah out of 1440 minutes in a day that’s just 3% of our day that we need to pray to Allah and we still can't manage that! We are truly pathetic and we will truly regret it on the day of judgement FOREVER and by then it would have been too late!

My Brother after EVERYTHING Allah has given us, we can’t even manage to spend just 40 minutes out of 1440 minutes for him? Almighty Allah does not need us at all Brother for we need him!

Allah just wants the best for us in this world and the next and he tells us in the Qur'an that righteousness and piety is the path to success in this world and the next!

Simply following Allah's commands wholeheartedly will lead to success in this world and the next!

This life for us can end at ANY second Brother as we have seen for ourselves and still see on the news and all around us people dying and those people are not old at all they are people of ALL ages, ethnicities, backgrounds and religions! No matter who we are and what our situation or position is in life when our time is up then death will take us for death does not wait a second more it will take us when our time is up and NO ONE knows when that will be but Allah!

We know too well how temporary our life is and we should realise that if we waste our lives away more than we have already done then surely we will surely regret all the time we wasted on the day of judgement because ONLY then will we realise the true value of the time we had and the amount of GREAT opportunities we missed out on to do good and go towards Allah!

There will be MANY on the day of Qiyamat that will ask Allah for just one more chance and opportunity to have another shot at life and another chance to do things right this time but NO ONE will be given another chance for THIS is our ONLY chance! If we waste this opportunity then we WILL regret it FOREVER! That's a guarantee!

Allah will say have I not given you enough chances in this world to change and be obedient to me?

We wouldn't want to die at this point in our lives right now because we know that we have prepared NOTHING! What have we prepared to show Allah when he asks us what we did with our lives? We have NOTHING to show! We should be VERY worried indeed!

One time the Prophet (Pbuh) saw some people laughing out aloud and they were laughing a lot and the Prophet (Pbuh) said that if these people knew what was to come then they would NOT laugh at all! This proves that the Prophet (Pbuh) knew what was to come and he knew that if we had the knowledge he did then we would be VERY worried indeed but we don't realise because were asleep and we by the time we wake up it will be too late!

So we HAVE to wake up now! Otherwise if we die and have nothing to show Allah of our lives then we are doomed and we would not be able to handle a second of punishment.

My Brother my dear friend died this past Ramadan and he was only 28 years of age and just a few weeks ago my first cousin sister died and she was only 26.

My Brother life is just so uncertain. How do we know when our time is up? The thing is we don't know that is why we HAVE to prepare now! Otherwise there may not be a tomorrow!

If we CONSTANTLY remind ourselves of death then we will NEVER slack in our deen because we would know that the angel of death may take us ANY second! Just as I was writing this to you my friend text me and told me that his father has just died! What can I say my Brother? How much more do we need until we change ourselves? How many more warnings do we need until all our warnings are up?

We get SOO many chances from Allah everyday but yet again and again we don't take those opportunities for we keep letting them pass but what if at ANY second our last chance is up? Then we will not get anymore!

So it’s best for us to try and change ourselves now! Let us do our best to abide by the commandments of Allah and go closer to him because he is our beloved creator and he knows what’s best for us we don't! Allah says in the Qur'an that we humans know not what is best for us but Allah does. We think we do but we clearly don't.

Surely our creator knows because he has created everything we see and imagine! So let us put our FULL trust in him and strive to get the closest to our beloved creator who gave us life!

We should NOT keep dwelling on our past now or the bad experiences we went through because our past has made us who we are today! Let us take good things from the past and take lessons from it and learn from it and do things better now and the future!

Most of us have had a bad past or have had bad past experiences and had to make changes to ourselves. Allah has given us a chance my brother so let us grab it.

It will do us absolutely no good by being down about what has happened in the past! Being depressed or down about the past and life in general and losing hope and faith will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom and destruction because that is what shaythan wants! He wants to mess our heads up and distract us ANYWAY he can!

If we think to ourselves that life is too short to be down or lose hope and faith and that I should spend most of my time working for the next life then this is the best way to live our lives because what is the point of investing time and efforts in this world when those efforts are for something that is temporary and could end at ANYTIME!

Why not spend most of our time and efforts on the hereafter which is for ETERNITY? Any investment we put into the hereafter will benefit us forever and we will wreak the rewards for eternity! But if we put all of our efforts just into this world then how much will we really gain from it? Very little or nothing at all!

The person who chases this world will only get what is destined for him but the person who chases the hereafter will get more from this world and from the hereafter! So who is the winner?

We have all done mistakes in our lifetime and sometimes we wish that we can get hold of a time machine and do things differently! We wish we could go back into the past and change things so that things could have been different now but what is the point of thinking this way? Whatever has happened has happened and will NEVER change! Even if the world was to be created again then whatever will happen will keep happening over and over again because that is the decree of Allah so there is no use in us constantly thinking that if only this had happened or if only I had done this or done that….

We are wasting even more time thinking this way when we could be using this precious time in doing things better now and the future because that’s what really counts not what has already happened!

Let us move on and NOT think and dwell about the past because our life experiences make us who we are and have made us wiser people when in the past we were inexperienced in life and naive!

Sometimes in life we have to learn the hard way because the hard way is the best way to learn at times and we have to just accept what’s happened and move on because life goes on but we don't know for how long! We have to realise how precious time is!

So lets forget the past now and move on and do the BEST we can now and the future in pleasing Allah and trying to be the closest to him and repenting our past sins because if we repent with full sincerity with the intention of NEVER doing it again then Allah almighty will forgive us inshallah that’s how merciful he is!

We can work our WHOLE lives 24/7 and build a wonderful life for ourselves here and then the next day we die before we can even enjoy the fruits of our hard labour! What was the point of all that investment just in this world when it can end at ANYTIME!

Let’s ONLY invest the very minimum into this world lets invest as much as we can to the next world which is our final and ultimate destination!

The Prophet (saw) says to that we should treat this life as if it were just on a journey! This life is not a very long stop until our final abode which is the hereafter!

When investors are looking to invest in a business venture do they look for short term gains or long term? Obviously long term my Brother and that’s what we should be looking for because the cleverest person is the one who makes arrangements for the hereafter and not only for this world!

That’s not to say that we shouldn’t have our share in this world of course we should but we should invest most of our time in the next life which is for ETERNITY!

We would NOT be able to handle a single second in the hell fire my Brother, we cannot even imagine how terrifying this will be so we should do our best in this life to seek protection from it and make our good deeds balance as heavy as possible!

Sometimes I find it very hard to imagine when i think of the concept of FOREVER! It’s hard to imagine something that will last forever! That it will never cease but will go on and on! It’s not hard to think of temporary because most of the things around us goes through a cycle of life and then ceases to exist!

We see people die all around us and everything will have to come to an end, but the concept of forever is just unimaginable because it will keep going and going and NEVER end.

We cannot imagine there hereafter that is why you may find it difficult to comprehend but if we believe in the hereafter then of course we must believe in the full descriptions of heaven and hell!

The disbelievers have nothing to live for! They go through life ONLY living for this world and are confused as to why they are here and they don't have a purpose in life but we know our purpose but what are we doing to achieve it?

Allah guides who he wants and he says in the Qur'an that if he wanted to he would guide all of mankind but that would go against the whole point of this creation and testing mankind!

Allah knows best who is worthy of having faith and guidance! But it is truly a sad life for those who have no purpose in this life! They live just for this world! This is their paradise! This is their bliss! But ours is in the next world for this world is the prison for the believer!

One of the main reasons why we lack in imaan Brother is also due to a lack of knowledge of Islam!

Knowledge always makes things clearer to us! If we constantly gain knowledge of Islam and especially the akhirah and at the same time contemplate and ponder over it then my Brother our imaan will remain strong because we know what is to come.

My Brother our enemy shaythan wants our destruction and he will stop at NOTHING until we desire this world and live for this life but my Brother this life is SO SO short that we cannot imagine.

A hadith to the nearest meaning says that when we will be in the akhirah we will be asked "How long were you on the earth for?" We will say " Only for a few hours" because the comparison of this world to the akhirah is NOTHING! So when we are in this next world this world will seem like a few hours!

My Brother we will regret every second we wasted! In the akhirah we will wish that we went back to the earth and done things better but this is our ONLY chance! My Brother we can't waste our one chance that we have in this world!

What is this world but an illusion and a deception? Allah says this in the Qur'an that this life is like a veil over your eyes its a deception! We have to wake up Brother and keep reminding ourselves EVERY day of our purpose!

My Brother Allah loves us 70 times more than a mother loves its baby! Look at how much love our almighty has for us! He looks after us, sustains us and cherishes us but what do we do? We run after this world! We are truly sad and we will be the losers on Qiyamat (Day of judgement) unless we change NOW!

My Brother Ramadan left us a few months back and it was the month of mercy where praying became so much easier and the doors of forgiveness open but my Brother as long as we have life and our soul is in us then the doors of mercy and forgiveness are open for us and Allah can forgive us for EVERY sin but we need to make the changes in our own heads first and change our mind set!

We need to make sincere vows to Allah that we will ONLY go towards him and we will ONLY put everything into the Akhirah to please him!

We need to only live for this world as much as we can survive comfortably but everything we do for this world we should also make the intention of doing it for Allah's pleasure so that we can survive in this world! The prophet (Pbuh) was given the chance to have all of the riches of this world but he rejected it all because he wanted the riches in the hereafter! Similarly we need to want the riches of the hereafter for how can one compare the riches of this world to that of the hereafter? There's NO comparison!

If we keep constantly reminding ourselves of this then we will constantly busy ourselves with Zikr (remembrance of Allah) and we will have no time for being down or depressed about our past, present or future!

This life is our ONLY chance to please Allah and gain as many good deeds as we can so that we can build our eternity in the next world. We can't build our eternity once were dead so we HAVE to do as much as we can to please Allah and increase our good deeds now that we are alive before death overtakes us and death can overtake us at ANY second!

My brother get involved with the Masjid and make a good and close connection with the house of Allah. The favourite places of Allah are Masjids and the worst places are the market places or shopping malls and high streets where there is a lot of fitnah.

When you get involved more with the Masjid you will feel such an amazing and special feeling of peace and tranquillity. You will also meet and find many good and pious local brothers many of whom have been through what you have and have changed their ways and are now working for the akhirah. You need to get a close connection with these types of people as they are true friends for true friends are those who will lead us towards Jannah and the bad friends are those who will lead us towards destruction.

You are who your friends are so if your friends are good and pious and of those who ONLY desire the hereafter then those are the right people to be with but if they are the opposite then you need to get away from them because whether we like it or not their bad influence and habits etc will rub off on us gradually.

The true friend is the one who takes us towards goodness and towards Allah and Islam and the bad friend is the one who will drag us towards hell and destruction.

One of my cousins once told me that after he gave up the bad life like going to clubs, drinking smoking etc. His phone went off less often that when he was involved in all of that evil and only a few very close friends called him and they were the friends that were never involved in any evil and used to try and encourage him to go towards the straight path. He told me that is when he knew that the friends he has before were just there with him for the ride and they were never his true and real friends.

My brother go closer to Allah and create a close and good connection with the Masjid and Allah will find you good and close friends who will lead you towards Jannah inshallah!

My Brother our aim should be to do EVERY good act especially namaz with khushu (imaging we can see Allah when praying or doing good deeds). We need to imagine him watching us no matter what we do! If we imagine him watching us then surely we would automatically want to stay away from sin and do good actions with more sincerity and focus. For this we need to try and clear our minds of all thoughts and focus SOLELY on Allah when were doing any good action like namaz for example because it is easy for our minds to wander when were praying.

We need to try and gain more sincerity in our hearts in every action we do and clean out the love of this world from our hearts and replace it with the love for the hereafter and wanting to be the closest to Allah!

All this is certainly not an over night process, but my Brother our imaan (faith) can remain strong and high if we consistently remember Allah ALL the time and keep in mind our purpose in this world that were ONLY here for such a short period and that we will have to go one day which can be ANY second. We should glorify Allah throughout the day and remember him no matter what were doing in our lives and this way our imaan (faith) will remain high all the time Inshallah!

We should imagine him watching us glorify him and think of him and we should do lots of dua’s throughout the day and gain a close relationship with Allah!

We should read much of the Qur'an and its meanings and contemplate and ponder over its meanings. We should try and spend a little time each day trying to memorise bits of the Qur'an and even make intention that we want to memorise all of it because We will get our reward depending on our intention!

We should try and learn and implement as MANY Sunnahs (Actions and sayings) of our beloved Rasulallah (Pbuh) as possible who is our role model and we should learn the masnoon dua’s and implement them EVERYDAY in our lives!

We should learn the life story of our beloved Rasul (Saw) and learn about every aspect of his most amazing life! This will surely soften our hearts!

We should learn about the stories of the pious predecessors and the heroes’s of Islam and take them as our hero's because they are the true hero's of this world like the many hero’s at the time of the Prophet (Pbuh) and the likes of Salah Udeen (RA

We should constantly remind ourselves of death and read about it all the time my Brother and read about what will happen to us after death in the grave and in the hereafter! We should learn about our possible rewards in Jannah and our demise in Jahannam if we fail and die without imaan May Allah save us all!

We should try and gain a thirst for knowledge my Brother because it is said that the ones with knowledge and the ones without knowledge is like the distance from here to the star that you can see shining and learning knowledge of Islam will opens up our eyes wider than they currently are.

We need to acquire a taste and a desire to gain knowledge and try our best to act upon it and implement it in our daily lives and share it with others! My brother we need to try and gain the closeness to Allah by reading MANY nafil salah's.

My Brother we need to try and constantly occupy ourselves with the Zikr (Remembrance) of Allah and glorify him day and night!

Allah says in the Qur’an "Remember Allah abundantly, in order that you become successful"

Quran (Surah 8: Verse 45)

"Only in the remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace"

Quran (Surah 13: Verse 28)

"Those men and women who engage much in Allah's praise. for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a Great Reward"

Quran (Surah 33: Verse 35)

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquillity descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim)

We also know that remembering Allah is of the greatest deed:

"The remembrance of Allah (swt) is the greatest (deed)" Quran (Surah 29: Verse 45)

and of the the worst things we can do is not to remember Allah:

"Satan has mastered them and caused them to forget the Remembrance of Allah. Those are Satan's party; and Satan's party shall assuredly be the losers" Quran (Surah 58: Verse 19)

"Whosoever turns away from the Remembrance of Allah, He will hurl him into a stern punishment".

Quran (Surah 72: Verse 17)

"Whosoever turns away from My remembrance, his life will be made tight and narrow on the Day of Resurrection We shall raise him blind" Quran (Surah 20: Verse 124)

Allah tells us to remember him no matter what we do whether that be lying or sitting down:

"They are the most wise who remember Allah, standing sitting and lying down"

Quran (Surah 4: Verse 190)

We should remember Allah no matter what we are doing and we should ALWAYS try to keep our tongues moist with his remembrance and glorification.

Here are some VERY quick, easy and rewarding ways of earning good deeds everyday especially easy zikr's:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!)

My Brother I would recommend that you start off at your own speed because if one does too much in one go then they may let go of the act quickly so I would say go at your own speed and start off praying one or two a day and progress from there making sure to note down how many salah you pray so that you can check your progress daily. It depends what you can manage but remember my brother time is so short so we have to act now. Allah wants you to go closer to him and all this requires is your FULL determination, effort and perseverance. This is your time now to make these changes. Don’t let NOTHING stop you from going closer to Allah because if you do then you will regret this for eternity and by then it will be too late!

So don’t go too fast that you can’t handle it but don’t go to slow either. Start off praying one a day for example Isha, then the week after 2 a day and then week after that 3 a day and inshallah in no time you will be praying 5 a day! If you think one week is too little time then extend it to 2 weeks. Do what you think is best but remember don’t let shaythan slow your progress down for you have let him stop you or too long and it is time for us to know our purpose in this life and for us to make a stand!

You need to write it down so that you can keep a tab on how many salah your praying everyday.

Just concentrate on the fard salah for now and eventually my Brother you can move onto praying nafil salah which are voluntary prayers and nafil salah are one of the best ways of getting closer to Allah.

Once you have established your far prayers and want to get even closer to Allah and increase your good deed account and imaan further then your typical day would be like this:

In the morning when waking up for tahajjud even if its 20 mins before start of Fajr and then wait until Fajr and pray that and then do ibaadah (worship) until ishraaq(Sunrise) and then pray that Salah and then the breakfast salah(Salaatul Duhaa) and then pray Zuhr with all the sunnah and Nafil and same with Asr and make some time to do ibaadah until Maghrib and read the nafils after that (Salaatul Awabeen) and read isha and all the sunnah and nafil and do zikr (remembrance of Allah) throughout the day aswell as at least 1 juz(chapter) of Qur’an a day making sure to do as many Sunnah’s of our prophet(Pbuh) as possible.

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!)

So my Brother if we do all of these things then were are implementing Islam FULLY in our lives and we will be SO close to Allah and feel the best feeling in our hearts that we can EVER imagine! We will feel the sweetness of imaan and peace and tranquillity in our hearts! Oh what a beautiful feeling it is and you would feel more amazing than you ever imagined and inshallah you will get this feeling which is better than any artificial buzz that you have ever taken and this buzz will always be felt as long as your doing as many good deeds as possible throughout the day and getting closer to Allah!

My Brother we should try and cry to Allah everyday on our dua’s and feel him close to us in our hearts for he listens to every prayer of ours and he knows our pain and wants to help us but we have to help ourselves first! Allah the most compassionate has already given us EVERYTHING we can see, hear, feel and touch and all we have to do is put the effort in but why do we still not make the effort? How unappreciative are we to the favours of Allah and everything Allah has given us? He has given us so much yet we cannot even do a little in return? If we don’t change then the only ones in loss will be ourselves!

Please click on the link for a more detailed explanation of the many Nafil Salah which we can pray everyday so we can be the closest to Allah!

We should cry over our sins and ask of Allah for guidance and help in our lives. We should ALWAYS be in the habit of asking of Allah for EVERYTHING we want in life and the hereafter and always remember others especially our family and parents in our dua's!

We should try to make dua especially in this last portion of the night where duas are more readily accepted. Just like how a mother runs to its baby when its crying then will Allah not swiftly attend to us when we cry to him in dua?

We should have hope of his mercy after sincere repentance and make intention not to repeat the sin again but if we do then we should continue to ask for repentance my Brother because Allah is most merciful and his mercy overcomes his wrath! Allah gets angry at those who do not ask of him and hardly make dua to him!

We should ALWAYS make dua for our parents and all of the Muslims. If we make dua for EVERY Muslim person who’s ever lived and every Muslim from now until the last Muslim then we will get the reward for EVERY Muslim we pray for. So that's BILLIONS of good deeds every time we do dua for every Muslim that's ever lived! We need to make a habit of doing this!

Dua is the BEST weapon for a believer but shaythan always tries to make us forget to do dua and makes us lazy in dua. Imagine if we prayed to Allah all the time how much better off we would be in our lives? Dua is a VERY powerful tool if only we knew the value of it!

There are SO many good deeds that we don’t realise the extent of the rewards were missing out on and if we knew the true value of them, then we would literally crawl towards them meaning we would be so desperate to do them! But we are complacent because we don’t know the true value of these good deeds and by the time we will find out the true value of these good deeds on the day of judgement, then it will be way too late by then and we will regret it forever and ask of Allah to give us another chance in this world but Allah will refuse saying he gave us countless chances but it is us who never were heedless of the signs.

We should from now on have FULL hope in him and him ONLY! We should have FULL reliance in him and accept the fact that if he tests us then he wants us to be the closest to him and we should bare the test with patience! He ONLY tests those he wants closest to him!

My Brother can you feel in your heart how much you desire to be the closest to Allah? It is because Almighty Allah wants you to be the closest to him and he wants you to desire meeting with him in the next world and he does not want you to waste your life and energies in this world because this world is NOTHING but a deception! This life is a proto-type of the akhirah.

My Brother lets get the hunger for good deeds and making Allah the happiest.

My Brother people spend their whole lives looking for peace and contentment in their hearts and ALL the worldly goods and money have NEVER given them that! Allah says that ONLY with my remembrance will hearts find contentment! So my Brother we have to CONSTANTLY remember him and glorify him!

We need to constantly keep our lips moist from his glorification. Keep a tasbih (rosary) near to you in your hands ALWAYS because a tasbih is the best reminder for one to do Zikr. Otherwise during the day we forget to glorify Allah.
I find that a metal clicking tasbih is really good and practical to carry ANYWHERE.

My Brother Allah is watching us in our prayers and EVERYTHING that we do so we need to imagine he is watching us because he ACTUALLY is! What an amazing feel that he is watching us pray and glorifying him!

So will you not desire to meet with him every time you pray namaz? That is so sacred and the most amazing feeling to meet with ones lord EVERYTIME one prays! Subhanallah!

Let’s make the best use of every second that we have NOW and NOT waste it anymore because we truly cannot afford to! Let us learn as much as we can about our beautiful way of life because it is truly amazing and has perfect wisdom in it!

Once we become closest to Allah we will feel more amazing than we have EVER imagined because Allah says that you will NOT find contentment and true happiness in money or anything else but you will ONLY find true contentment and happiness in me and NOTHING else!

So my Brother this is our chance to aim HIGH and gain the HIGHEST positions in paradise! Why settle for the lowest positions? Would you have been satisfied with a third class degree? Same way why should we settle for the low positions of Jannah? Why not try to gain the high positions? It is possible my Brother but we have to put in the effort and when we do I promise you, you will feel more amazing than you have EVER imagined and you will feel true peace and contentment in your heart!

Allah wants you to come closer to him so grab this opportunity and lets keep ourselves strong against the whispers from shaythan who wants our destruction by distracting us with worthless time wasting that will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom!

Allah is beauty itself for he is perfection and the almighty master of the universe and we are is lowly slaves who are insignificant like a speck of dust!

We should make the intention NOW that we will change our lives FOREVER and we go FULLY towards Allah and make our sole purpose and aim in this life to make him the happiest and shun this world which is deception and a Jannah for the non believers for this is their temporary bliss and our bliss will be FOREVER in Jannah Inshallah.

Life is so uncertain and we can be taken ANY second my dear Brother and when it is gone then we can't do anything more to please Allah and add to our good deed accounts. We need Allah; he doesn’t need us so let us strive to go towards him FULLY!

We should desire to be the closest to Allah and Allah wants us to be the closest to him because he loves us MUCH MORE THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGINE!

So let us show him how much we love him with action and lets glorify him and thank him day and night because he loves those who thank him constantly and are appreciative of him SO much!

Let us make changes to ourselves NOW because we may not live tomorrow! Let's re-evaluate ourselves and realise that we only have ONE purpose and our destination is in the hereafter for our stay in this world is so short.

Let us spend each day FULL of worship and obedience to him and a life where we will spend it making him the happiest and he will fulfil our needs and give us peace and contentment in our hearts which is the best feeling anyone can EVER imagine!

You have got it in you, just release the determination inside of you and give it your all! Don't waste a second more because you have to think to yourself “What am I waiting for? Am waiting for death to come before I make any changes in my life? Surely by then it would be too late, so I HAVE to change NOW!”

We need to make preparations for our own death before it arrives and it can arrive at our doorstep ANY second so let us start to make preparations NOW because there may NOT be a tomorrow!

Don't delay it any more Brother because NOTHING should stop you now! There is NO time like the present to start! There is NO excuse for delaying it a second more!

The first thing you should do my Brother without hesitation is to start praying namaz and focus totally on Allah whilst you are praying as he is in front of you because praying Salah is a meeting with Allah and is the biggest obligation for us after imaan..

Picture him in front of you ALL the time then your mind won't wonder! You will now start to feel more amazing than you have EVER imagined the closer you get towards Allah!

You will feel tranquillity and peace in your heart that you have NEVER felt before and inshallah you will feel contentment which leads to true happiness!

I have taken the liberty in providing you with links to many very beneficial talks and also articles which will be very useful and beneficial to you.

The talks are first and they include the importance of Salah and the reality of death and the hereafter by some brilliant speakers.

Then at the bottom after the talks I have include some very useful and beneficial articles in which I have included an E book in PDF called: Islam: Beliefs and teachings which include all the basics of Islam and more and is the best place to start learning knowledge from and building it up from there. The book also includes how to pray Salah properly as well as how to do Wudu, Ghusl properly in accordance with the Sunnah.

I have also included articles on how to increase imaan and good deeds we can do to please Allah as well as other very useful articles.

It is essential that you try to learn as much as possible as knowledge is crucial and will open your eyes to reality!

Also learning about deen is brilliant because it all makes complete sense and it broadens ones horizons. We should be students of knowledge till our last breaths!

Please feel free to ask me anything you want as I am here for you as your brother in Islam and we as Muslims are all one body!

Here are some very beneficial talks you should really listen to in order to make you realise the purpose of this life:

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - The Importance of Prayer (Salat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDb41OH46A

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 1/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7ZQtHl0s

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 2/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_2sVGMW08

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 3/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmzA2hk1Bo

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 4/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km39GfL62TQ

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

I have pasted some beneficial links for you on various aspects of Islam which i hope you will find VERY useful and beneficial:

DOWNLOAD THE FREE E BOOK- Islam Beliefs and Teachings

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/servi...ls.aspx?id=268

The translation of salat (namaz) - learn what you’re reading in namaz

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38303

Overcoming laziness and Procrastination

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52097

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html

Signs of Weak Iman and How to Increase It

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/weakimanfix.htm

Overcoming tests from Allah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61961

25 Ways to Deal with Stress and Anxiety VERY GOOD THREAD

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43179

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

My Daily Ibadah(worship) check

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

A party in Paradise, A party in Hellfire

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39698

The Ultimate Motivation for Muslims

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49243

The State of the People of Paradise in this World

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49125

Major Signs before the Day of Judgement

http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

Signs before the Day of Judgement

http://etori.tripod.com/dajjalsystem/judgement.html

The Life of this World and the Hereafter

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51739

Beautiful Description of Paradise in Islam

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51707

Practising az-Zuhd in the Dunya

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51738

Everything about Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/

(THE SEALED NECTAR)Memoirs of the Noble Prophet [pbuh]
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

For those wanting to look more into Islam

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=44392

Please remember me in your dua's and please feel free to ask me ANYTHING you want and I will try my best to always help you as your brother in Islam. Allah Hafiz

abdullah_001
12-27-2009, 08:17 AM

Brother, first thing we should realize is our problems are insignificant in the grandness of the creation. And Allah(swt)'s mercy is faaar greater than our sins and shortcomings.

Just start praying brother and youll notice very positive changes. Let us know how it goes though :p

may Allah(swt) guide us all to the straight path ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.