/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US plan attack suspect quizzed after terror attempt

Supreme
12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8430699.stm

A Nigerian reported to have links to al-Qaeda is being questioned after an attempted act of terrorism on a plane arriving in the US, officials say.

They say the 23-year-old man was trying to ignite an explosive device as the jet approached Detroit from Amsterdam.

He was overpowered by some of the 278 passengers and 11 crew. Reports say he burnt his leg. No-one else was hurt.

Police in London are conducting searches and inquiries into the man, believed to be a London student.

The Nigerian, named as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, had third-degree burns, said Peter King, a Congressman on the US House of Representatives Homeland Security Committee.

The Metropolitan Police said its officers were liaising with the US authorities, and University College London says it has a student of the same name.

'Terrorist connection'

Officials have described the device as a mixture of powder and liquid which failed to go off properly.

One terrorism expert said it looked as though a new way of concealing explosives on the body was involved.

President Barack Obama, on holiday in Hawaii, has ordered increased security for air travel.

White House spokesman Bill Burton said the president was monitoring the situation.

'Smoke and screams' on plane
The suspect's name was in a database indicating "a significant terrorist connection" although it did not appear on a "no-fly" list, said Mr King.

Mr Abdulmutallab reportedly told investigators he had links to al-Qaeda and had received the explosives in Yemen.

Mr King also said investigators were looking into whether the incident was part of a larger plot and a "worldwide alert" had been raised.
Of course, all the usual thrills and scares of these kinds of cases, plus the hilarities (the terrorist severely injured himself? How ironically amusing!) One can't help but feel reminscent of the good ol' days, when terrorists actually, y'know,
killed people.
I think that was really the golden time to be a terrorist, now it seems the only people who become terrorists are incompetent buffons, hardly capable of killing themselves and who's only form of attack is scarring themselves through agonising pain for life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
....now it seems the only people who become terrorists are incompetent buffons,

You are now "getting it".

With the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, many of the good quality terrorists have now been killed and only the buffoons remain.

It can be argued that the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq saved the lives of the people on this aircraft.

-

aamirsaab
12-26-2009, 10:32 PM
:sl:
...The suspect's name was in a database indicating "a significant terrorist connection" although it did not appear on a "no-fly" list, said Mr King.
Speaks for itself really.

GuestFellow
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
It can be argued that the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq saved the lives of the people on this aircraft.

-
Your joking right? :skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vito
12-26-2009, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Your joking right? :skeleton:
Don't forget this is the holiday weekend for some of these guys. Lots of drinking going on.

Supreme
12-26-2009, 11:42 PM
What an idiot. What a complete humiliating idiot he looks like in front of the Western media and the al Queda bosses he supposedly works for. Obviously, I'm not complaining that he failed. He's just an idiot. I almost feel that with buffoons like this being the worst threat to the West, who needs security anyway? We should be paying these clowns to pull off stunts like this, at least the big news corporations will have something interesting to report in the evenings, although it's probably victimize the air travel industry.

IslamicRevival
12-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Thank Allah SWT this brainwashed sicko did not succeed in an attempt to kill hundreds of innocent human beings

This is not the way to do 'Jihad'. O Allah SWT help us :(

IslamicRevival
12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
+o( No it cannot be argued. If the American terrorists didn't invade Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan we wouldn't be having such people attempting to kill innocent people on airlines

The_Prince
12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
lol this is a terrorist incident? some smoke, firecracker noises?yes and on this same day 6 palestinians have been murdered by Israel, and good ole USA just conducted another drone attack in Pakistan, so im confused, which are the real terrorist incidents????????

Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2009, 01:08 AM
^they are what some people may call "hero's" :hmm:

RickHolm
12-29-2009, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^they are what some people may call "hero's" :hmm:
they're just following orders. if they don't, they can go to jail.

The_Prince
12-29-2009, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RickHolm
they're just following orders. if they don't, they can go to jail.
many soldiers signed up even AFTER the iraq war was going on, and even after many years of being in afghanistan, when it was clear the afghan war was going no where and the war had turned into one of outside troops vs local villagers who want the foreign army out!

also the nazi soldiers were just following orders too, and they didnt just face a prison sentence if they didnt comply, they would get a bullet in the head, hence i guess that makes them double right for what they did to the Jews and all others they killed right???? im just using your logic.

Rasema2
12-29-2009, 01:48 AM
The fact that he is a Muslim, I will not say a word againt him, except that Allah doesn't like the transgessors.

I don't support extremism because it is against Islam. If it wasn't, I would be one.

Why is it okay for non- Muslims to kill Afgans but not for Muslims to kill those who attack them?
The Christians butchered many Muslims in my country (Bosnia).

RickHolm
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
many soldiers signed up even AFTER the iraq war was going on, and even after many years of being in afghanistan, when it was clear the afghan war was going no where and the war had turned into one of outside troops vs local villagers who want the foreign army out!

also the nazi soldiers were just following orders too, and they didnt just face a prison sentence if they didnt comply, they would get a bullet in the head, hence i guess that makes them double right for what they did to the Jews and all others they killed right???? im just using your logic.
Well, thats quite different. US of A's army has substantial grounds if they find acts are immoral or wrong, that they can say no. Then they go to court a long with the person who made the order, and one of em goes to jail.

Nazis had no such laws in place.

Second of all: to many americans, the war is about "defending" america from terrorists. Or so they say. After all, it started with 9/11

AlHoda
12-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Well, thats quite different. US of A's army has substantial grounds if they find acts are immoral or wrong, that they can say no. Then they go to court a long with the person who made the order, and one of em goes to jail.

Nazis had no such laws in place.

Second of all: to many americans, the war is about "defending" america from terrorists. Or so they say. After all, it started with 9/11
The war in Iraq and Afangistan surely makes people in america feel so safe:skeleton: According to American policies, they are the most powerful country in the world, so they can drop bombes, kill innocent people, destroy societies so that their people can have nice barbecues or what ever they do,and blame the muslim world for their actions. How sad.:grumbling

Supreme
12-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Lol. I can't believe al Queda are proud of this. 'Well, you know the failed bomb attempt to kill innocent people on a plane but amounted to nothing but injuring the would be terrorist? That was us.' I'd at least feel ashamed. But then I suppose they have to put on a brave face.

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 02:14 PM
i think this justifies the air attacks by the US on yemen...

BOMBSHELL: Evidence Clearly Indicates Staged Attack on Detroit Flight

Media Tags are no longer supported

Raaina
12-29-2009, 02:58 PM
So someone was recording the whole thing, I wonder if he was detained to?

Vito
12-29-2009, 06:53 PM
What an idiot. What a complete humiliating idiot he looks like in front of the Western media and the al Queda bosses he supposedly works for. Obviously, I'm not complaining that he failed. He's just an idiot. I almost feel that with buffoons like this being the worst threat to the West, who needs security anyway? We should be paying these clowns to pull off stunts like this, at least the big news corporations will have something interesting to report in the evenings, although it's probably victimize the air travel industry.
Be careful for what you ask for... Reportedly this "buffoon" was able to fly to the u.s without a passport, was also on the watch list thanks to his dad, and was able to pull of what he did. Fail or not, that must be pretty embarrassing for the whole 'war on terror' and the guys running homeland security, not the other way around. I'm not saying I support what he did or tried to do but, I'm just simply pointing out the facts.

GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i think this justifies the air attacks by the US on yemen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAtK7FFDukQ
All of this does not make sense....very hard to find out who is telling the truth.

Supreme
12-29-2009, 07:25 PM
think this justifies the air attacks by the US on yemen...
I wouldn't say that. The al Queda cells in Yemen are of far more concern to the Yemenis, Saudis and Omanis than the US. Most terror plots against America are hatched in Pakistan and Afghanistan, not Yemen.

Be careful for what you ask for... Reportedly this "buffoon" was able to fly to the u.s without a passport, was also on the watch list thanks to his dad, and was able to pull of what he did. Fail or not, that must be pretty embarrassing for the whole 'war on terror' and the guys running homeland security, not the other way around. I'm not saying I support what he did or tried to do but, I'm just simply pointing out the facts.
Oh yes, it is embarassing for the Americans, who reportedly have the best intelligence service in the world. Both sides should be thoroughly humiliated. I'm just saying, if these are the standard of terror attacks that await the West in the future, such intelligence services are more or less redundant.

Uthman
12-29-2009, 07:41 PM
What the media are saying:

Detroit terror attack: suspect president of university Islamic society

Terrorism suspect apparently wrote about loneliness

East London mosque condemns Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

Should you be singled out because you are Muslim?

Nigeria moves to assuage terror fears

Detroit terror attack: passenger profiling failed

Local Nigerians and Yemenis condemn Detroit flight attack

Uthman
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Same old from Melanie Philips: To our eternal shame, Britain is STILL a hub for Islamic terror

And an article centred around Imaam Anwar Awlaki: Muslim Cleric Anwar Awlaki Linked to Fort Hood, Northwest Flight 253 Terror Attacks

Shahreaz
12-29-2009, 07:53 PM
CNN Airs Eyewitness Testimony that ‘Well-Dressed’ Indian accomplice helped Abdulmutallab board without passport and that man on plane filmed entire flight and bombing attempt

Aaron Dykes
Infowars
December 29, 2009

Evidence is emerging that clearly indicates Abdulmutallab was more than just a Nigerian extremist carrying out his anger through an ill-conceived plot to ignite a powdery explosive substance on-board a flight to the United States. Eyewitness testimony pointing to a man helping the accused terrorist board without a passport, along with an unusual cameraman documenting the attempted attack on board the plane raise more than red flags– they point towards an intelligence operation, run as a drill, meant to conjure up public support for a number of fronts in the continuing ‘War on Terror.’

CNN interviewed key flight witnesses during their Dec. 28 program who raised these very points, making clear that the full story is still emerging and that wider-connections to intelligence handlers is evident.

THE SHARP-DRESSED MAN

Kurt Haskell and his wife, who were witnesses on board Northwest Airlines Flight 253 saw Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab receiving assistance from a well-dressed, wealthy-looking Indian man at the boarding gate in Amsterdam. Haskell told CNN that the accused bomber appeared strikingly ‘poor’ next to the well-dressed man. According to Haskell, that man did the talking for him, explaining to the flight personnel at the gate that Abdulmutallab needed to board without a passport, claiming that he was a Sudanese refugee. Haskell told CNN:
“Laurie and I were sitting near the boarding gate, sitting on the floor, there weren’t any seats to sit in. And I saw two men. They caught my eye because they seemed to be an odd pair. One was what I would describe as a poor-looking black teenager around 16 or 17, and the other man, age 50-ish, wealthy looking Indian man. And I was just wondering why they were together– kinda strange. And I watched them approach what I would call the ticket agent, the final person that checks your boarding pass before you get on the plane. And I could hear the entire conversation. The only person that spoke was the Indian man, and what he said was: ‘This man needs to board the plane, but he doesn’t have a passport.’ And the ticket agent responded, ‘Well, if he doesn’t have a passport, he can’t get on the plane.’ To which the Indian man responded back, ‘He’s from Sudan. We do this all the time.’ And the ticket agent said, ‘Well, then you’ll have to go and talk to my manager.’ And she directed them down a hallway. And that was the last time I saw the Indian man, and the black man I didn’t see again until he tried to blow up our plane hours later.”
The gate attendee referred the odd-couple to the manager. Haskell said that was the last he saw of the wealthy man, but later recognized Abdulmutallab after the incident occurred on the plane. That’s when he says he put two and two together about the unusual connection.
His wife, Laurie, said she found it ‘odd’ that authorities have not yet followed up on their witness account, as they were the only ones known to have witnessed Abdulmutallab with the ‘Indian’ man prior to boarding the flight.

THE CAMERAMAN

If he had help getting on the flight with no passport after having been reported to U.S. authorities by his own father, what is the true explanation for the man seen filming the entire flight? Another witness on board the flight, Richelle Keepman, said she noticed the mysterious cameraman at the beginning of the flight, believing the man might have been simply excited about a first flight, or etc. Later when the ‘bombing’ incident took place, she says the cameraman was the only one standing up, and intently filming the entire incident.

ADDULMUTALLAB AND THE WIDER WAR ON TERROR

Put this together with new focus on Yemen ‘in the fight against Al Qaeda’, including calls from Sen. Lieberman to pre-emptively attack, the media’s immediate hype of the event, and the ready-made Body Scanners and other ‘enhanced’ Airport security, it is clear that this is a contrived incident intentionally unleashed to goad renewed support for ever-expanding terrorism-related warfare in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan and now Yemen.
Just like after 9/11, airport travelers are again prepared to accept greater violations of their liberties and privacy for supposed security. Yet patsies and watchlist-subjects alike have repeatedly been allowed to bypass security clearance and been proven to have ties to the intelligence community. The latest accused ‘terrorist’ Abdulmutallab was very likely the fall-guy in a pattern-drill– handled by wealthy, mismatched associates, allowed to board without required credentials, and videotaped by a cameraman with an unknown connection. Was Abdulmutallab involved with these figures through a drill which ended with an intentionally-failed bombing meant to incite great fear of terrorism?

PREVIOUSLY-STAGED TERROR

This would fit closely with other elements of CIA-concocted “terrorism.” Many of the 9/11 hijackers and other known extremists were revealed to have participated in ‘dry run’ drills, shared addresses with intelligence handlers or lived on military bases, were allowed to pass through the border despite being on one or more watchlists, and were given VISAS/Passports through execptions and/or special clearance.

Similarly, David Headly, named in the Mumbai attack, has been exposed as a CIA-double agent.

FBI/CIA provocateurs and exaggerated accounts of extremists groups have continued to emerge from the phony stories given to the public in the cases of many would-be plots, such as in Toronto, the ‘plot’ to bomb the Sears Tower, the Transatlantic liquid bomb plot, alleged plans to ‘blow up a Jewish temple and shoot down military planes’ in New York and more.
We see a similar pattern here, the emerging evidence strongly suggests. How long will we allow deliberately-provoked terror incidents to frighten us to death, invade our privacy, erode our liberties, restrict our travel and perpetuate an ever-expanding string of wars?

COMMENTARY: BODY-SCANNERS AND THE SECURITY-SWINDLE

Benjamin Franklin long ago warned us that “If we restrict liberty to attain security, we will lose both.” And that those willing to make that bargain deserve neither their liberty nor security.

On the most basic level, government is established only for the common security of its people. Thus, it is no surprise that government tends to test the line between the government and the governed on grounds of “security.” It is no coincidence that Franklin and fellow compatriots like Thomas Paine laid down principled reasons for an individuals’ rights in respect to government.

Today’s advances in technology do not diminish the principled reasons for keeping government’s power in check with the people’s essential, as per Franklin– freedom. The ‘War on Terror’ is a shining example of Franklin’s principle gone awry. You cannot fight against an existential, shadowy “enemy”, on a fishing expedition for evidence, avoiding certainties, and employing such unprincipled tactics as torture, rendition, widespread wire-tapping– going against the very spirit of the law established by the Constitution, while hoping to maintain that opposing spirit in the nation.
The people, for reasons of “security” are stripped and searched– preemptively, without warrant, probable cause or specific things being searched for– in ever-expanding screenings– losing privacy, dignity and basic freedom of travel. But even this is not the point.

All the while, the rare, real perpetrator, identified as a terrorist, never goes through the database checks, security screening or passenger tracking schemes set-up by Homeland Security. The people do. Mothers with breastmilk. Business men with laptops. Shoes, belts, nail clippers, tooth paste, underwear, but not terrorists.

They evidently are whisked through by contacts who may or may not work directly for the FBI, CIA or etc. Databases make exceptions for its most-important targets while people with commonly-confused names are kept from flying or subject to secondary screening. Any ordinary person without proper documentation is subject, at the least, to alternate verification and likely quite a few intense questions. For this would-be bomber, however, it is apparently the matter of a handshake with the manager, and a high-level contact to vouch as sponsor.

It’s a bait and switch. It’s not security, Constitutionally-sound or not. It’s a scheme to tightly-control the travel of ordinary Americans while co-opting that fear through staged-attacks to generate support for various overseas operations. It is textbook problem-reaction-solution.

Though the Body Scanners have already been phased in throughout the U.S., they along with newly hailed restrictions, such as banning blankets, electronics and on-board bathroom use during the final 60 minutes of flight, are heavy-handed measures set up by Homeland Security that have been waiting for the right excuse to introduce them to the public.

But it’s a misapplication of security by an inept arm of government stumbling in the dark. The TSA offers neither security nor freedom– it’s Franklin’s monster.

The heroic, but also practical actions of the passengers in thwarting this attempted-attack is a sane reminder in the fog of the ‘War on Terror’ that people can actually fend for themselves in many situations, particularly in the face of danger. Though real, big scale dangers do exist for which governments clearly play a role, we cannot shriek in the face of danger, handing over to government all that we hold in the balance. There are ways of detecting crimes, preventing attacks and ’saving lives, for the children’ that don’t involve enslaving and indicting the whole of the population.

The game is surely rigged if the criminal it was meant to catch walks right through the proverbial back-door, which was held open for him by the archetypal inside man. The trading of liberty for so-called security does not balance favorably, but transfers power duly held by the people to the government, the more dangerous by the loosened-chains of the Constitution.

Supporting links and further info:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/man-vide...light-253.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/bomber-h...essed-man.html
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/28/...her/index.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/terroris...aybe-both.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...onnections.htm
http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-york...ed-set-up.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/cia-and-...bomb-plot.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...searstower.htm

RickHolm
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
The war in Iraq and Afangistan surely makes people in america feel so safe:skeleton: According to American policies, they are the most powerful country in the world, so they can drop bombes, kill innocent people, destroy societies so that their people can have nice barbecues or what ever they do,and blame the muslim world for their actions. How sad.:grumbling
Well, i dont say it makes them feel safe, but if we left, would al-qaeda again take root and operate more freely?

Shahreaz
12-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Well, i dont say it makes them feel safe, but if we left, would al-qaeda again take root and operate more freely?
This al-qaeda you are talking about is a puppet organization of your very own US govt. :)

Supreme
12-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Al Queda as led by bin Laden is actually a very small organization- moreover, there are many different al Quedas operating across the globe, each with their own leader and countries but with identical aims. The whole reason Bush went into Iraq was not because of al Queda- indeed, Saddam and his Arab nationalist Baath Party was a very good buffer against al Queda. It's also unlikely that if we left Afghanistan, al Queda would return there, because their allies the Taliban would find it rather hard to control the country again.

RickHolm
12-29-2009, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shahreaz
This al-qaeda you are talking about is a puppet organization of your very own US govt. :)
I would love to see proof of that, although it is possible, I suppose. What about Osama?

Or are you one of those crazy NWO types?

GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I think you need to understand the root cause of the problem. America does have a right to defend itself, but I question their intention. The war on terror is not solving the problems in the Middle East, it is like a never ending war. It is creating more problems. The cause root of the problem lies with Western countries interfering with the Middle East. Western countries have took part in political affairs in the Middle East due to oil and Israel.

Palestinian and Israel conflict is one of the reasons why we have terrorists, America and Britain played a significant role in this conflict. This is why terrorists are targeting America and Britain. I would like to add there is not enough evidence that Osama Bin Laden was involved in September 11th, if this was the case he would have been charged. On the FBI wanted list, he is not charged for what happened on 9/11 but the bombings that took place in 1998. The Bush Administration had information about terrorists planning to attack America, Condaleeza Rice once a former security adviser stated when questioned by the 9/11 Commission that there was evidence of terrorists planning to attack. Even based upon what George Bush said, there is evidence even he know about these attacks before they happened. So I believe there is information that the USA government has not revealed.

Going to war with Afghanistan is suicidal. Many countries have tried to invade Afghanistan and failed, that is one of the reasons why the Soviet Union fell apart.

The Iraq war had nothing to do with 9/11. There was no weapons of mass destruction. Saddam was an Arab nationalist, he had a secular government, this goes against the teachings of Islam.

You need to go back to the root cause of the problem, solve the Palestinian and Israel conflict and when America gets involved in the Middle East, it should not use violence or deception.

Or are you one of those crazy NWO types?
You do realise Bush and his dad, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and the leader of France have spoke of New World Order? They actually stated it themselves.

RickHolm
12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Al Queda as led by bin Laden is actually a very small organization- moreover, there are many different al Quedas operating across the globe, each with their own leader and countries but with identical aims. The whole reason Bush went into Iraq was not because of al Queda- indeed, Saddam and his Arab nationalist Baath Party was a very good buffer against al Queda. It's also unlikely that if we left Afghanistan, al Queda would return there, because their allies the Taliban would find it rather hard to control the country again.
That actually makes sense, but i think the issue may become pakistan. Dunno.

GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
That actually makes sense, but i think the issue may become pakistan. Dunno.
I highly doubt the Taliban in Pakistan will get hold of nuclear weapons and over throw the government.

The USA administration make several claims based upon nuclear weapons when they have no validity, they stated Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when he didn't, they are saying a small group of fighters from villagers are somehow going to overthrow the government and somehow managed to get hold of nuclear weapons and the US is also claiming Iran is planning to make nuclear weapons which is absurd....the Aytollah has released a fatwa stating they shall not make nuclear weapons...

^ Don't you find the above very odd...everything has something to do with WMD...

LaRocque
12-29-2009, 09:53 PM
[/QUOTE]and blame the muslim world for their actions. How sad.:grumbling[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the prevailing attitude, everyone is blaming everyone else and no one is taking responsibility for their actions. Someone has to make the first step and move beyond the vendetta, whether it's the Middle East or the West. Sorry if this offends anyone, just my opinion.

GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 10:36 PM
^
No its not offensive. The people might admit they have made mistakes, but the politicians and those in power are too stubborn. Very rare for a politician to admit they have made a mistake and take responsibility.

czgibson
12-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Greetings,

Is it significant that the BBC report at the top of the thread doesn't make any reference to this would-be bomber being a Muslim (at least not that I could find)? Maybe the BBC is responding to the usual criticism they get for this.

Peace

abu_musab461
12-30-2009, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Thank Allah SWT this brainwashed sicko did not succeed in an attempt to kill hundreds of innocent human beings

This is not the way to do 'Jihad'. O Allah SWT help us :(
so true!! lk;km;m; jn

Uthman
12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Terror Inquiry Looks at Suspect’s Time in Britain

Yeminis, Muslims fear backlash

Detroit bomber: Internet forum traces journey from lonely schoolboy to Islamic fundamentalist

LaRocque
12-30-2009, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^
No its not offensive. The people might admit they have made mistakes, but the politicians and those in power are too stubborn. Very rare for a politician to admit they have made a mistake and take responsibility.

I know,imsad, Politicians are what is wrong with politics.

Uthman
12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Nigerian Muslims disown alleged Detroit bomber

More articles written about Imaam Anwar Awlaki:

Airline Terror Mission Blessed by Radical Imam

Al-Awlaki, a new public enemy

smile
12-30-2009, 07:28 PM
shame der was this other Nigerian man and he had toilet problems (constipation or sumthing) so he was in the toile t on a plane for a long tym and they arrested him

Uthman
12-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Detroit terror attack: suspect 'organised radical student conference' in London

Universities feel the heat over flight bomber

A couple of things to say about these two articles:

1. The conference referred to in the first article doesn't sound radical at all to me.

2. Both articles mention Abu Usamah (at-Thahabi), describing him as radical when he is, in fact, far from it.

Al Ansari
12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
as salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah,

I must say that the brother that we are speaking of--Umar Farouk--I must say that he had courage. Courage to do something that drastic. I will not malign the brother, but there are better ways to go about the goal of reformation and revival than the miscalculated steps that were undertaken.

AQAP claimed responsibility for the attack and seen a "victory" in the fact that the explosives were able to pass through security. However, Umar Farouk didn't appear competent enough to carry out the mission.

As far as Shaykh Anwar al Awalaki is concerned, he is a great shaykh and his knowledge is needed in this Ummah. Some things that he may utter are controversial, but people always find things controversial, backwards, or illogical in Islam. He is a admirable shaykh who inspires millions. I listened to his 'Lives of the Prophets' collection and that was so in depth that it made me look at the situation in these times as reminders and re-happenings.

May Allaah bless and give victory to the Muslims. Ameen.

Grofica
12-30-2009, 09:04 PM
i feel bad the guy had burns on him and i am happy his stupid plan was not able to be completed....but honestly with as protective as people are now days... i am surpised he made it off the plane still breathing... a group of people in panic easily become a mob... especially when there is no way out. right wrong or other wise i cant say how i would act if i was the person on the plane next to him...

Supreme
12-30-2009, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
i feel bad the guy had burns on him and i am happy his stupid plan was not able to be completed....but honestly with as protective as people are now days... i am surpised he made it off the plane still breathing... a group of people in panic easily become a mob... especially when there is no way out. right wrong or other wise i cant say how i would act if i was the person on the plane next to him...
I must admit, I too am surprised this potential comedian survived. If anyone were trying to kill me, my friends and little children on a plane, irregardless of how much the plot fails, I would not hesitate to kill them.

Grofica
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Deleting post.....

Cabdullahi
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM
this guy got on the plane without a passport how on earth is that possible ?

Grofica
12-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I must admit, I too am surprised this potential comedian survived. If anyone were trying to kill me, my friends and little children on a plane, irregardless of how much the plot fails, I would not hesitate to kill them.
honestly i cant say what i would or would not do... and i am sure this is the wrong answer or the wrong way to be but i dont think i have it in me just to go... ok mr. bad guy you wait in your chair till the cops come... :heated:

Grofica
12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
this guy got on the plane without a passport how on earth is that possible ?
are you serious?!?!?!?!?! maybe he flushed it or something i know when i fly (especially internationally) those little guys before the scanners grill everyone forever... where are you going, where are you coming from, why are you going there, why were you where you are, what flight did you come off of... how long were you at the airport, did you leave your bags unattended, did you pack your bag, did anyone stick anything in your bag without your knowledge, (seriously that one is a stupid question.... if i didnt know they stuck it in my bag then how would i know) uhmmm do you have anything with batteries, where did you buy your camera, why does your toothbrush have a battery, let me see your drivers license (to match with passport) seriously they ask for everything except my highschool GPA!!!!!!!!!!

Uthman
12-31-2009, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
abu was the dude that brought the explosives on the plane right??????
Nope! Abu Usaamah is an Imaam at Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham.

Shahreaz
12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Zeitgeist. Download and watch this documentary movie. everything will be clear like water.

download: http://ia360642.us.archive.org/3/ite...eist_512kb.mp4

Uthman
12-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Americans blame Britain for rise of Islamic extremism

Detroit terror attack - Failed bombing highlights danger of Britain, says US

Supreme
12-31-2009, 03:34 PM
America is blaming Britain? So they're going to invade us now?

Uthman
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
More articles from the mainstream media:

Bombing suspect was pious pupil who shunned high life of the rich

Don’t allow ‘climate of fear’ to develop

Another one talking about Anwar al-Awlaki: Official: Apparent contact between AbdulMutallab and radical cleric

This one even attacks the Al-Maghrib institute but has some good quotes from Yasir Qadhi: Police search property in hunt for Detroit bomber's British network

Uthman
01-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Comment by Inayat Bunglawala:

Gain trust to stop terrorism

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's father warned authorities about him. It's a good reminder of the best way to prevent terrorism.

As Barack Obama takes his security services to task for their "systemic failure" in the case of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, it is worth recalling that Umar's own father was the person who first alerted the US embassy in Nigeria to his concerns regarding his son.

The reported warning by Umar's father is an important reminder that very often our best defence against would-be terrorists and their ambitions are the anxieties of their own family members and the local communities that know them best. Back in 2006, here in the UK, the parents of an 18-year-old schoolboy from Ilford, Irfan Raja, became alarmed when he disappeared from home leaving them a note in which he talked about going to heaven and tried to comfort his parents about leaving them, saying: "Just in case you think I am going to do something in this country, you can rest easy that I am not. The conventional method of warfare is safer."

Irfan's parents did not wait to find out what that "conventional method" was and went straight to the police. Fortunately, after a series of frantic phone calls, his parents managed to persuade Irfan to return home after three days. Their actions had, however, enabled the police to track Irfan's recent movements and discover a group of four other young students he had been in touch with. The authorities then prosecuted the entire group under the Terrorism Act but their convictions were all – rightly – quashed on appeal. Although all had been reading extremist material, they had not actually committed any crime. The commendable actions of Irfan's parents may well have prevented matters from progressing further.

And just last summer, a convert to Islam, Isa Ibrahim, was apprehended by police before he was able to carry out his plan to bomb the Broadmead Shopping Centre in Bristol. Ibrahim was caught following a tip-off to the police from the local Muslim community who had become increasingly concerned about him – especially after he arrived at the local mosque with cuts and bruises on his hands and feet. "All of Bristol should be grateful and recognise the contribution of the Muslim community to the investigation – without a doubt they saved people from serious injuries if not worse," said Detective Superintendent Nigel Rock, who led the investigation.

In yesterday's Daily Telegraph, however, Anthony Glees, professor of security and intelligence studies at the University of Buckingham, is quoted as saying:
"I believe Abdulmutallab's radicalisation from being a devoted Muslim to a suicide bomber took place in the UK and I believe al-Qaida recruited him in London. Universities and colleges like UCL have got to realise that you don't get suicide bombers unless they have first been radicalised ... All British universities must look at their Islamic Societies and demand assurances that no radicalisation will be allowed. If they can't give those assurances, they should be disbanded."
Glees does not share with us what actual evidence, if any, he has that enables him to conclude that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was recruited by al-Qaida in London, but we'll pass over that for now. Of more immediate concern is his absurd demand that student Islamic societies give "assurances that no radicalisation will be allowed" and that they should be disbanded unless they do. What on earth is "radicalisation" supposed to mean in this context? The Telegraph mentions that the Islamic society at University College London – of which Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was president – organised a series of lectures in 2007 on the "War on Terror". Can you imagine that? Students organising lectures that are critical of US and UK foreign policy. Goodness, who would have thought it?

Rather than trying to demonise student Islamic societies for their supposed radicalism, our counter-terrorism efforts will surely bear greater fruit if they focused more on building genuine partnerships with local communities and gaining their trust.

Source

Inayat Bunglawala is the founder and chair of Muslims4UK, a group set up to celebrate the UK's democratic traditions and promote active Muslim engagement in our society.

Full Profile

Supreme
01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
His friend said on the news today that he believes he was radicalized after London.

Uthman
01-01-2010, 06:24 PM
His friend said on the news today that he believes he was radicalized after London.
Indeed.

Plane bomb suspect 'radicalised after leaving UK'

The interview with his friend can be watched at the above link.

Cabdullahi
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
the guy travels with no passport from yemen to nigeria to holland to the US carrying a syringe and fancy boxers made out of chemicals so he lights the boxers on fire burning his johnson with it too without making an involuntary scream for help

the story is so comical and stupendous,i dont accept the media's version of the story its just so funny

Uthman
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Yet another one which links it to Anwar al-Awlaki: U.S.-Born Cleric Key Player in Bomb Plot?

Cabdullahi
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
1.Yemen's civil war

2.The failed bombing of the northwest airlines

3.somali man linked with al shabab being shot after trying to kill the danish artist

4.nigerian bomber recieved bomb material in yemen

5.somali al shabab seek to help yemeni fighters to resist saudi arabian forces

thats the news so far being replayed and now we hear that Gordon brown will hold a meeting regarding the issue of yemen with other top government officials and before that he talked about the need to install body scanners in airports

a classic example of (problem) (reaction) (solution)

Uthman
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
More articles from the mainstream British media (mainly 'The Telegraph'):

Muslim MP: security profiling at airports is 'price we have to pay'

This article attacks Anwar al-Awlaki, Yasir Qadhi and Hamza Andreaz Tzortzis!: Detroit bomber's mentor continues to influence British mosques and universities

This one attacks Abu Usaamah again: Revealed: the true extent of Islamic radical influence at UCL

This one calls the Muslim World League 'fundemantalist': MI5 knew of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab’s UK extremist links

British universities: seats of learning – and loathing

How a radical student joined the global terror network

Supreme
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
The Prime Minister today has said people boarding flights will have to pass through body scanners.

Cabdullahi
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
The Prime Minister today has said people boarding flights will have to pass through body scanners.
that was a quick one they threw dust in our eyes by making us believe a silly story of the lingerie bomber to facilitate perverted police officers to see through our undergarments

Supreme
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
that was a quick one they threw dust in our eyes by making us believe a silly story of the lingerie bomber to facilitate perverted police officers to see through our undergarments
Um.. yeah. That must be the reason.

Uthman
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Plane suspect was secular when he arrived in Yemen

Catching terrorists: Why profiling is not the answer

Shahreaz
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Check this link http://www.realzionistnews.com/?p=474
Moreover check the entire site http://www.realzionistnews.com run by an Evangelical Christian

Uthman
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
More passengers agree to full-body scan in UK airport trial

Thoughts in the Wake of the Latest Terror Scare | Letter to my non-Muslim Neighbor

Uthman
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
“Not In Name of Islam”: US Muslims

Supreme
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Uthman, these American Muslims have every right to be angry. I should imagine their lives are hard enough already without people who are also apparantly Muslims trying to kill Americans in the name of their religion!

Uthman
01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Uthman, these American Muslims have every right to be angry.
I agree! I hope you weren't under the impression that I thought otherwise?

Supreme
01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I agree! I hope you weren't under the impression that I thought otherwise?
Oh no, I wasn't, I was addressing everyone, it's just that it was you who posted those links.

Uthman
01-18-2010, 09:01 AM
The following article attacks Hamza Andreas Tzortzis and his organisation as well as Sheikh Haitham al-Haddad: Speaker with extremist links to address Detroit bomber's former student group

This is absolutely ridiculous! They are not extremists at all.

Life_Is_Short
01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
How did he manage to get on the plane with "explosive device" in the first place?

How can you exercise 'jihad' on few people?

Uthman
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Don't blame us, says student Islamic society

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.