/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Feel So Guilty.....

AnonymousPoster
12-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Here I am...All warm with a roof over my head.......With all food in the world...A computer....A games console....and much much more...Then there are Men/women and children in Palestine and all over the world who are out in the cold...homeless, scared, lonely, suffering from trauma...oppression and all sorts of trials and tribulations :(

I feel so guilty...

:cry: O Allah Please Forgive Me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Inna Lillah. I feel the same way now. May Allah Ta'ala forgive me. :cry:

Have you ever seen those pictures of the homeless and hungry? We pity them for a moment, then the next moment we forget about them and continue down our paths... Astaghfirullah...

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2009, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Here I am...All warm with a roof over my head.......With all food in the world...A computer....A games console....and much much more...Then there are Men/women and children in Palestine and all over the world who are out in the cold...homeless, scared, lonely, suffering from trauma...oppression and all sorts of trials and tribulations :(

I feel so guilty...

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, We should give as much as we can to our brothers and sisters across the world who are suffering more than we could ever imagine.

The Qur'an states: 'And be steadfast in your prayer and pay charity; whatever good you send forth for your future, you shall find it with Allah, for Allah is well aware of what you do' (2:110).

Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: "No wealth (of a servant of Allah) is decreased because of charity." (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith No. 2247).

So let us give what we can and in every dua let us remember our whole ummah especially the ones who are suffering that Allah eases their suffering and gives them patience.

We should look at ourselves and what Allah has given us and thank Allah the most kind and compassionate constantly because what he has done for his we can never even begin to comprehend.

"And He gives you all that you ask for. But if you count the favors of Allah, never will you be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude." [Qur'an 14:34]

"Surely We have shown him the way: he may be thankful or unthankful." [Qur'an 76:3]

Allah also says that only few of His servants thank Him. Let us then strive to be among these few by keeping our tongues wet with His remembrance and our hearts soft with His praise.

-Allah likes those who are thankful [39:7]

-Allah rewards those who are thankful [3:144]

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

-Allah protects those from harm who render Him thankfulness [54:34-35]

So let us thank Allah as much as we can and be greatful slaves of the most kind and compassionate.

Muslim Woman
12-27-2009, 08:26 AM
:sl:
.. there are Men/women and children in Palestine and all over the world who are out in the cold...homeless, scared, lonely, suffering from trauma...oppression and all sorts of trials and tribulations :(

If possible , try to send Zakat money to Palestine ( it's so hard to find a way to send money there :( ) and we must remember our oppressed brothers and sisters in our dua.

May Allah gives us strength to help them , Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
12-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the reminder , we all should feel ashamed if we do not feel guilty.

I like many others just sit around saying whats wrong with the ummah.
And dont get off my backside and do anything.

zakirs
12-27-2009, 11:25 AM
IDEA: how about starting a money raising campaign among our IB members and donating it to a charity of our common choice :) ?

i can donte all the 10$ i have in my paypal :S

Ummu Sufyaan
12-27-2009, 12:22 PM
why do you feel guilty about something that isnt in your hands. i mean allah gave you the risq so how is it your fault? im not saying what you are feeling it bad, but if you feel like this, then its good to act on it. donate, make dua for them...basically, be practical and direct your feelings towards something good instead of wasting a good opportunity.

Caller الداعي
12-27-2009, 12:35 PM
i agree Allah has given a person wealth he should use this wealth to benefit the needy we cant just be sad !!! look at the lives of the sahaba some were very rich but that doesnt mean they were sad like Uthman r.a. he spent in the way of Allah !

we should thank Allah for what we have and try to use it in His way !

may Allah give us the ability to spen in his way!

sister herb
12-27-2009, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
IDEA: how about starting a money raising campaign among our IB members and donating it to a charity of our common choice :) ?

i can donte all the 10$ i have in my paypal :S

Very kindly idea but I think it might be difficult to organize. I usually send donations directly via my friends in Gaza like for helping people to repair they homes (which damaged during zionists attacts), for some people whose need medics, kids of poor families for getting them warm winter coats etc.

Without personal contacts there (I mean in Gaza and the West Bank) are also many charity organizations whose need help for running they actions. I can ask contacts from my friends if somebody here is interesting.

I am thinking such matters specially today as it is the first anniversary (27th of December) of zionist war in Gaza. imsad I lost many friends during this dirty war, include my Palestinian fiancee... :cry:

Innocent Soul
12-27-2009, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Have you ever seen those pictures of the homeless and hungry? We pity them for a moment, then the next moment we forget about them and continue down our paths... Astaghfirullah...
but even if v dont forget and think abt them and their misery, what is the benifit? So its better not think abt them but just pray for them the time v c those pictures.

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM

I feel so guilty...

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, I thought I would paste this short article as it is very relevant to the thread and it shows that we should have concern for our ummah as we are all part of one body. and when one part feels pain then we should all feel the pain.

Principle of Having Concern About The Affairs & Anxieties of Muslims

By: Mohamad Sharis Abdul Karim

“Muhammad (Pbuh) is the Messenger of Allâh, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allâh and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurât (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allâh has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islâmic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh) till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
[Surah Al Fath Ayah 29]

Dear brothers in Islaam. Islaam lays out, for those who believe in it, great principles that strengthen the bond between Muslims all around the world, preserves their unity and protects their dignity. Among these principles is to have concern about the affairs and anxieties of other Muslims.

Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam was reported to have said in a hadeeth, as narrated by Abu-Moosa, may Allaah be pleased with him:

“The example of the unity of the Muslims is like the example of a single structure, its parts strengthening and supporting one another”
[Bukhaari & Muslim]

Muslims have been undergoing trials and hardships throughout history. This is especially the case for the Palestinian people who went through great hardships affecting their persons, wealth, homes and livelihoods. They were tested by the worst and most evil of creatures who neither respect kinship nor covenants and who seek honour and might; but they will never attain this because they are a people who drew on themselves the wrath of Allaah and whom Allaah humiliated and put over them ignominy and destruction.

“Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawûd (David) and 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allâh and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.”[Surah Al Madiah Ayah 78]

The greatest events that require patience and persevere are disasters and calamities. This was the way of the Messengers of Allaah, peace be upon them all, who were determination and dedicated. They faced much harm while calling people to Allaah and yet they were very patient and showed endurance and perseverance. Ibrahim a.s. was thrown into the fire, Musa a.s. was chased by Firaun, Isa a.s. was targeted to be murdered and the Prophet (Pbuh)was harmed to an unbearable level by his own people, who once called him Al Amin and yet he persevered and endured. Consequently, they successfully overcame the transgressors.

What is happening to the Palestinian people represents the worst type of oppression, transgression and tyranny that could happen to any nation. The shocking thing though, is that the oppressors are covering up their crimes behind the veil of ‘self-defence’ and ‘war against terrorism’. The opressor tyranny manifests itself in the form of seizing people’s properties and attacking the sacred places; Al-Aqsaa; the first Qiblah, the second Masjid ever built and the third in rank of virtue after the two Harams of Makkah and Madinah. People’s blood on this blessed land is being spilt, people are being murdered and their bodies mutilated.

Islam teaches us to feel our brothers’ pain and suffer. Islam teaches us to help each other. Each muslim is the helper of one another. Alhamdulillah, we still share the same tawheed among us. Even though, the geographical boundaries were set upon us by the people who once colonized us, the bond of tawheed to Allah s.w.t. has kept us to be one ummah until today and forever we will be. Islam is the source of unity and love to each other. In reality, when one uslim is hurt, everyone is hurt. Inshallah we will help our brothers who are oppressed with what we can contribute be it wealth or energy.

Source:http://islamworld.net/resources/cache/371

cat eyes
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
inshaAllah these poor pple will end up in jannah and all of us here also inshaAllah we should try our best to appreciate things i know it was kinda hard for me in the start when i reverted i did not appreciate what i had and did not think much about poor pple but now i do all the time and if i see any poor person i start crying automatically before i was not able to do that

zakirs
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

Very kindly idea but I think it might be difficult to organize. I usually send donations directly via my friends in Gaza like for helping people to repair they homes (which damaged during zionists attacts), for some people whose need medics, kids of poor families for getting them warm winter coats etc.

Without personal contacts there (I mean in Gaza and the West Bank) are also many charity organizations whose need help for running they actions. I can ask contacts from my friends if somebody here is interesting.

I am thinking such matters specially today as it is the first anniversary (27th of December) of zionist war in Gaza. imsad I lost many friends during this dirty war, include my Palestinian fiancee... :cry:

Salaam alaikum,

Sister harb i am very sorry for your loss :( .. i never knew this before. May allah take care of the innocent relatives you lost in the war :(.

Lets donate to some other charity ? ( i surely will be willing for it ).. lets use this new year to do more beneficial things InshaAllah :)

cat eyes
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

:sl: im terribly sorry for your loss sister that must have been horrible imsad inshaAllah u will be reunited with him in jannah Ameen

sister herb
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Thank you for your kindly words, cat eyes and zakirs.

I will never forget my dear Ayman :hmm: and I remember him specially when I enter to this forum - because we at first found each others from this forum.

:statisfie

desert winds
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
i think anonymous you shoud just say alhamdolillah and not worry over what allahswt has decided- he decided you would have these luxuries- feeling guilty about them is like questioning Allahswt decision- just say alhamdolillah and if you want to help your brothers and sisters then give charity hush hush.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.