/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can a human have an superhuman ability?

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 02:48 AM
hi

just wondering can a human have superhuman ability or u may call it supernatural ability ?

if u ask me yes but u may ask how that remains a mystery bcoz the secret is locked in our brains and i think it can be unlocked but were is the key?

what do u think is there any evidence or is it mentioned in the holly quran and can a human have defferent abilitys?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 02:55 AM
I personally believe normal human can exceed to superhuman ability. It is locked in our brains but we will never be able to solve this mystery or else with so much ability and power, human will proclaim to be vast superior than Allah.

Best case scenario is black magic.

sur
12-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Quran talks of abilities given by ALLAH to prophet's e.g., Sulaiman(pbuh) could understand birds etc....

A nation used to make huge houses by carving mountains....

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) split moon in two with a flick of finger....

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
Quran talks of abilities given by ALLAH to prophet's e.g., Sulaiman(pbuh) could understand birds etc....

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) split moon in two with a flick of finger....
UNderstanding what birds say is supernatural when its done without any technological instruments. So its a miracle for Hazrat Sulayman. But when scientists are able to map bird language in future (just like they can understand Dolphin's language to some extent these days), it does not remain a superhuman ability anymore. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
12-27-2009, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
UNderstanding what birds say is supernatural when its done without any technological instruments. So its a miracle for Hazrat Sulayman. But when scientists are able to map bird language in future (just like they can understand Dolphin's language to some extent these days), it does not remain a superhuman ability anymore. :D
scientists aren't even close to 0.1% of abilities given by ALLAH to Prophet Sulaiman, so i believe what he did is still super-super-human...

Prophet Muhammad travelled to skies..... super-super-super-super-human....

No human can travel through space without pressurised suits.... Prophet didn't wear one, I think...

Rasema2
12-27-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
hi

just wondering can a human have superhuman ability or u may call it supernatural ability ?

if u ask me yes but u may ask how that remains a mystery bcoz the secret is locked in our brains and i think it can be unlocked but were is the key?

what do u think is there any evidence or is it mentioned in the holly quran and can a human have defferent abilitys?
:sl:
Have you registered at the forum I gave you. And this is on topic brother.
I hope that you are doing well.
:wa:

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
I personally believe normal human can exceed to superhuman ability. It is locked in our brains but we will never be able to solve this mystery or else with so much ability and power, human will proclaim to be vast superior than Allah.

Best case scenario is black magic.
there is always a way to unlock the mystery but there will be a price for that and i seen many things and here is one there was a guy he had a head injury maybe u watched this programe in bbc after he recovered he was able to speak any language but before that he just new few and there are many more cases like this just google it u will see so what do u say about this?

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 03:05 AM
scientists aren't even close to 0.1% of abilities given by ALLAH to Prophet Sulaiman, so i believe what he did is still super-super-human...

Prophet Muhammad travelled to skies..... super-super-super-super-human....

No human can travel through space without pressurised suits.... Prophet didn't wear one, I think...
As I mentioned, we can understand Dolphin's language. We soon would understand language of birds, we already understand their bheaviors. Then maybe 1000 years later, we could probably do what Hazrat Sulayman could do (talk to jinns). Anyways, Hazrat Sulayman did that without needing all the scientific knowledge and that was Allah's blessing. Humans will be able to do it, if they are able to do it 1000 years later, that would be willed by Allah too.

I am not trying to discredit the miracles of Prophets. They are miracles on in that age. I, however, do believe that a miracle is something which cannot be reproduced. If someone can reproduce the Quranic miracle then Quran is not a miracle anymore. I doubt that can happen, due to my belief in Quran's divine nature.

But were Hazrat Sulayman's ability to understand the birds divine in nature except the fact that Allah willed it?

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:07 AM
This may sound daft but is there a difference between superhuman and supernatural?

With regards to the message above from the brother, yes Sulayman (AS) did have the ability of understanding the birds with the command of Allah. This is what Allah wanted. But he didn't train His brain for 30 years so that he aim to understand the birds. It is a supernatural ability but I'm sure what the question lies if normal human can evolute their brain and become superhuman. Correct me if I'm wrong?

جوري
12-27-2009, 03:08 AM
if we all had supernatural abilities then that would be the natural and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. you should reflect on the abilities that you do have, and see them in the light of splendor.. because nothing in the universe that Allah swt has created is less than splendid.. from the smallest snow flake to canis major!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 03:10 AM
This may sound daft but is there a difference between superhuman and supernatural?

With regards to the message above from the brother, yes Sulayman (AS) did have the ability of understanding the birds with the command of Allah. This is what Allah wanted. But he didn't train His brain for 30 years so that he aim to understand the birds. It is a supernatural ability but I'm sure what the question lies if normal human can evolute their brain and become superhuman. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Exactly, the miracle of Sulayman (as) to listen to birds is a miracle cuz it was NIGH IMPOSSIBLE to do that by humans in that age even though it was possible to do it theoretically as it followed scientific laws. But can we say it would be impossible in 3000 AD?

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:10 AM
As I mentioned, we can understand Dolphin's language. We soon would understand language of birds, we already understand their bheaviors. Then maybe 1000 years later, we could probably do what Hazrat Sulayman could do (talk to jinns). Anyways, Hazrat Sulayman did that without needing all the scientific knowledge and that was Allah's blessing. Humans will be able to do it, if they are able to do it 1000 years later, that would be willed by Allah too.

I am not trying to discredit the miracles of Prophets. They are miracles on in that age. I, however, do believe that a miracle is something which cannot be reproduced. If someone can reproduce the Quranic miracle then Quran is not a miracle anymore. I doubt that can happen, due to my belief in Quran's divine nature.

But were Hazrat Sulayman's ability to understand the birds divine in nature except the fact that Allah willed it?
look brother i dont mean any disrespect to any religion but on that ages people were amazed with a magic trick iswell think of a cave man and he comes to the city how would he be thinking what is all this ?

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:12 AM
there is always a way to unlock the mystery but there will be a price for that and i seen many things and here is one there was a guy he had a head injury maybe u watched this programe in bbc after he recovered he was able to speak any language but before that he just new few and there are many more cases like this just google it u will see so what do u say about this?
Yes but he didn't train his brain to evolve into an Einstein. It just happen with the command of Allah. Now if I want to gain knowledge, I'm not going to go out there and have a car crash so that I can speak to the penguins.

I did see a documentary where a girl can x-ray vision (somewhere in Russia). That was a gifted ability not something she worked for

I believe there is a way, but a mystery that cannot be solve by human being.

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Yes but he didn't train his brain to evolve into an Einstein. It just happen with the command of Allah. Now if I want to gain knowledge, I'm not going to go out there and have a car crash so that I can speak to the penguins.

I did see a documentary where a girl can x-ray vision (somewhere in Russia). That was a gifted ability not something she worked for

I believe there is a way, but a mystery that cannot be solve by human being.
why not? there is always a way and there is nothing that no one can do is it at the end there is always a way to unlock it ir do it

waqas maqsood
Exactly, the miracle of Sulayman (as) to listen to birds is a miracle cuz it was NIGH IMPOSSIBLE to do that by humans in that age even though it was possible to do it theoretically as it followed scientific laws. But can we say it would be impossible in 3000 AD?
Its impossible to do it in that age as well as in this age. It was done by Allahs command to show to the people at that time. Sulayman (as) was gifted, a gift given by Allah.

Italianguy
Of course you can........my wife calls me "Superman" everytime I open a jar she can't open!

Plus there was that time I tied a cape (blanket) around my neck a flew of the top of our house when i was 9.........I actually flew!!!!.......about 20 feet into the bushes and broke a rib;D ....Don't try this at home kids!!! I had super powers and healed up in 5 months.imsad

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-27-2009, 03:17 AM

A miracle of the Prophets is by definition inimitable because it defies the natural laws and it is exclusive to the Prophets.

"Learning" the language of the birds or at least understanding it still does not come close to the miracle granted to Sulayman (as) because he was given the ability to fluently converse with the birds and understand the language of other creatures such as ants. He was given command over the wind and the jinn. All these are from the miracles granted to him which will never come to anyone else after.

As for talking and communicating with Jinns, then it is already possible but prohibited because it is done via black magic and black magic is automatic disbelief. People that exorcise jinns do in fact speak to the jinn and the conversations have been recorded. You can read about one such event here: http://muslimmatters.org/2008/02/11/...sm-experience/

As for the Qur'an, then it can never be imitated, which I say by way of educated belief and not just blind faith Alhamdullilah. It is simply beyond the capability of a human being to produce something like it.

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:19 AM
why not? there is always a way and there is nothing that no one can do is it at the end there is always a way to unlock it ir do it
Well who knows, if people ca unlock such supernatural power
i.e. Strength, Stamina, speaking to other creatures, flying..

it would be a catastrophe as people will believe to be vast superior than Allah. Who knows that might happen nearer to the end of the day of Judgement

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Of course you can........my wife calls me "Superman" everytime I open a jar she can't open!

Plus there was that time I tied a cape (blanket) around my neck a flew of the top of our house when i was 9.........I actually flew!!!!.......about 20 feet into the bushes and broke a rib;D ....Don't try this at home kids!!! I had super powers and healed up in 5 months.imsad
PRIME EXAMPLE. This dude thinks he has supernatural ability and more superior.. lol

Mr Incredible.. lol

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Its impossible to do it in that age as well as in this age. It was done by Allahs command to show to the people at that time. Sulayman (as) was gifted, a gift given by Allah.
I think I do agree. Even today we understand Dolphins' screams by mapping the sound waves they release to their behavior. Without noticing the correlation in the sounds produced and their behavior, it would be impossible to say what the heck a specific sound made by a dolphin means. In the same way, when archeologists try to create words or grammar of old language, they need a reference. Without a reference of pictures to show what each letter or word means, its impossible to decode the meaning of unspoken languages.

So in that regards, the miracle of Sulayman (as) is really impossible for humans to do because Sulayman (as) did it witout any training or mapping of two sources. But again, that is my belief because I have no evidence that a certain person named Sulayman (as) centuries ago was able to do it. Its just belief from Quran in the unseen.

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Lets think of this logical!

Leaving religion aside..

Who would you say is the most cleverest person and why? What makes him clever and different? What abilities does he have that we normal human don't have?

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Well who knows, if people ca unlock such supernatural power
i.e. Strength, Stamina, speaking to other creatures, flying..

it would be a catastrophe as people will believe to be vast superior than Allah. Who knows that might happen nearer to the end of the day of Judgement
yes i know but why it is locked>? Allah has locked this ablity like hearing some one elses toughts or talking to theme with out any technology i forgot what this ability is called but anyways if we had this ability what u said would happen and no one will trust each other and will know there secrets there will be fights many many things will go wrong but at the end it does exist and there is allways a way to unlock it

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 03:27 AM
PRIME EXAMPLE. This dude thinks he has supernatural ability and more superior.. lol

Mr Incredible.. lol
I found out I didn't have powers the second I hit the ground:p

God taught me a lesson.......I learned......the hard way

and no, the bushes didn't soften the fall, for all you scientists.

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 03:28 AM

Leaving religion aside..

Who would you say is the most cleverest person and why? What makes him clever and different? What abilities does he have that we normal human don't have?
Interesting. Hmm, someone whose abilities cannot be unmatched by other human, we would probably give him "talented, skilled" or some other similar terms. We might even say "what you did was humanly impossible." But that is wrong. Since he is a human and he did it, it is humanly possible. :p

CosmicPathos
12-27-2009, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad

A miracle of the Prophets is by definition inimitable because it defies the natural laws and it is exclusive to the Prophets.

"Learning" the language of the birds or at least understanding it still does not come close to the miracle granted to Sulayman (as) because he was given the ability to fluently converse with the birds and understand the language of other creatures such as ants. He was given command over the wind and the jinn. All these are from the miracles granted to him which will never come to anyone else after.

As for talking and communicating with Jinns, then it is already possible but prohibited because it is done via black magic and black magic is automatic disbelief. People that exorcise jinns do in fact speak to the jinn and the conversations have been recorded. You can read about one such event here: http://muslimmatters.org/2008/02/11/...sm-experience/

As for the Qur'an, then it can never be imitated, which I say by way of educated belief and not just blind faith Alhamdullilah. It is simply beyond the capability of a human being to produce something like it.

JazakALLAh khair for an insightful response. I agree with whatever you wrote.

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:33 AM
yes i know but why it is locked>? Allah has locked this ablity like hearing some one elses toughts or talking to theme with out any technology i forgot what this ability is called but anyways if we had this ability what u said would happen and no one will trust each other and will know there secrets there will be fights many many things will go wrong but at the end it does exist and there is allways a way to unlock it
TELEPATHY???

I believe theres a set of time for all processes and for human to develop!

And if such day comes... i hope its used for good cause! Ameen

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 03:37 AM

Leaving religion aside..

Are Muslims allowed to say that? "Leaving religion aside"

We Christians are never allowed to say that. Faith is in everything.

My Nonna would have slapped me into next weeks Mass.;D

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Are Muslims allowed to say that? "Leaving religion aside"

We Christians are never allowed to say that. Faith is in everything.

My Nonna would have slapped me into next weeks Mass.;D

I apologise for the misunderstandment...

What I meant was leaving the Prophet and Messengers aside (Their power and ability was given by Allah in Abundance and defy the law of physics)...

Any normal human does not have any superpower or can call themselve supernatural!

Apologies once again!

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:41 AM
TELEPATHY???

I believe theres a set of time for all processes and for human to develop!

And if such day comes... i hope its used for good cause! Ameen
yes TELEPATHY thanks bro there are people who have TELEPATHIC abilitys but there are people who does not want any one to know about theme some may send to to Psych Ward bcoz he is gone mad realy this is true

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 03:42 AM
I apologise for the misunderstandment...

What I meant was leaving the Prophet and Messengers aside (Their power and ability was given by Allah in Abundance and defy the law of physics)...

Any normal human does not have any superpower or can call themselve supernatural!

Apologies once again!
No need to apologise, I know you meant right:D

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 03:43 AM
yes TELEPATHY thanks bro there are people who have TELEPATHIC abilitys but there are people who does not want any one to know about theme some may send to to Psych Ward bcoz he is gone mad realy this is true
Are you serious?.......... MODS!?

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:44 AM
So your telling me if I go to a Psych Ward and walk down the aisle, all these mentally disable patients knows what I will be thinking and whats in my mind?

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:49 AM
So your telling me if I go to a Psych Ward and walk down the aisle, all these mentally disable patients knows what I will be thinking and whats in my mind?
no no look let me tell u this way what will happen if i tell my friend or some 1 close to me that i can hear voices ?

they will tell me to to see a doctor right when i go and tell me doctor that i hear voices doctor will tell me i will make an appointment for u to see a psychiatrist thene straight to psych ward. maybe there powers are not fully devoloped and they theme self will think they are gone mad and the doc will give theme some pills to stimulate the nerves

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 03:51 AM
no no look let me tell u this way what will happen if i tell my friend or some 1 close to me that i can hear voices ?

they will tell me to to see a doctor right when i go and tell me doctor that i hear voices doctor will tell me i will make an appointment for u to see a psychiatrist thene straight to psych ward. maybe there powers are not fully devoloped and they theme self will think they are gone mad and the doc will give theme some pills to stimulate the nerves
sooooo. what am I thinking right now?

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:54 AM

Lol.. I like the storyline. But I think its going a little bit off topic. He/She might hear noises because he/she developing some mental disorder.. I don't know maybe neurotransmitting disease or turning into a schizopenia (dont know how to spell it.. but hope u got the jist). Basically paranormal. They will only put into a psych ward when they think your are unsafe or menace to society.

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Lol.. I like the storyline. But I think its going a little bit off topic. He/She might hear noises because he/she developing some mental disorder.. I don't know maybe neurotransmitting disease or turning into a schizopenia (dont know how to spell it.. but hope u got the jist). Basically paranormal. They will only put into a psych ward when they think your are unsafe or menace to society.
perhaps im right or you right we will see to that in time i promise u i will unlock theme even if it cost me my life :p

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 03:59 AM
Bro, you aint going to find anythin in my mind... Its totally blank!

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 04:01 AM
:omg:OMG! Thats what I was thinking! Dude you have it!;D

Alphadude
12-27-2009, 04:03 AM
i did not mean ur mind i mean the abilitys locked in our minds
:omg:OMG! Thats what I was thinking! Dude you have it!;D
funny;D

IslamicRevival
12-27-2009, 04:04 AM
Mmmmm.....No :)

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 04:04 AM

funny;D
AGAIN! You have it to! Thats what I was going to say!;D

waqas maqsood
12-27-2009, 04:07 AM

funny;D

Its beyond your mind. Its way beyond Einstein's mind!

P.S Don't expect to achieve by doing the brain training on your Nintendo DSi.

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Its beyond your mind. Its way beyond Einstein's mind!

P.S Don't expect to achieve by doing the brain training on your Nintendo DSi.
Dude i have a "wii" it works better.;D

Snowflake
12-27-2009, 11:21 AM
maybe there powers are not fully devoloped and they theme self will think they are gone mad and the doc will give theme some pills to stimulate the nerves
:sl: The voices you or your friend hear are not super-human traits. They are voices from the shaytaans or your own thoughts etc. The West doesn't believe in jinn/shaytaan's influence on man, so it's classed as nothing more than mental illness.

Abdul Qadir
12-27-2009, 11:53 AM

is that the Aad nation?

Ali i
07-15-2019, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Just because there is technology that may be able to do it still means it’s super natural because technology isn’t natural and also because it is extraordinary for a human to be able to do so for example a machine may be strong enough to crush a car and there is a human who can to does that mean the human isn’t supernatural anymore because the machine can?there u go...

Ahmed.
07-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Super human ability comes in 2 ways

1. Allah bestows it through the blessings of His worship, such as Allah gave the early Ulema ability to memorize huge volumes of Islamic literature, using upto 100%? of their brain

Even now little kids are memorizing entire Quran which is miraculous

2. A person could devote his time to turn into a freak, such as shoalin monks who train 12 hours a day for 30 years and are able to put their hands into hot coal or smash bricks with their heads, or you may get a head case like david blaine who does freaky things with his mind

chalks75
07-17-2019, 02:13 PM
It’s humans achieving those feats
So they are human abilities

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chalks75
It’s humans achieving those feats
So they are human abilities
Einstein used 0.7 percent of his brain.....

Just some food for thought :)

chalks75
07-17-2019, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_pe...the_brain_myth

There was no access to brain scanners when Einstein was alive , so there is no possibility that measurement could have been made .
It’s also not true for us of normative intelligence

chalks75
07-17-2019, 03:23 PM

That’s is not true.

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 03:43 PM
That’s is not true.
Wouldn't be much more than that

0.7% was used as a metaphor :)

chalks75
07-17-2019, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't be much more than that

0.7% was used as a metaphor :)
It’s not true that we only use a small percentage of our brain , not you , not me. Not Einstein

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 04:05 PM
It’s not true that we only use a small percentage of our brain , not you , not me. Not Einstein
The more reliable evidence of comparing memory power tells us it is true

Scientific analysis on it remains theoretical so we cannot base what is 'true' or not on that

chalks75
07-17-2019, 05:19 PM
The more reliable evidence of comparing memory power tells us it is true

Scientific analysis on it remains theoretical so we cannot base what is 'true' or not on that
People have varying degrees of memory ,
It done test chimpanzees have a vastly superior memory to ours ( short term memories)
Google the experiment , s chimp can remover up to 12 numbers while only seeing them for a split second

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 05:50 PM
People have varying degrees of memory ,
It done test chimpanzees have a vastly superior memory to ours ( short term memories)
Google the experiment , s chimp can remover up to 12 numbers while only seeing them for a split second
Yes ofcourse memory power does vary but nothing can compare to God blessing Our pious predecessors with what can only be deemed as a miraculous amount in these days:

https://youtu.be/7V7eoZ1-7gw

Memorization - Hamza Yusuf - YouTube
This is chapter 11. Watch the full lecture at: http://youtu.be/ICu3ITHnBoM Buy the DVD, CD or Download at http://www.islamondemand.com/071-075iod.html The Is......

chalks75
07-17-2019, 06:18 PM
How is it a miracle ?

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 06:56 PM
How is it a miracle ?
I think that video talks about the amazing feat just memorizing the Quran is WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES as throughout the Quran every verse has a different length of elongated intonation which the reciter must get right, and because this is the method the Quran was preserved so it's accuracy had to be precise

But also our Imams memorized huge volumes of hadiths (literally millions of them) word for word without a mistake, also many other sciences they had to master and memorize in order to codify and interpret the Islamic teachings correctly.

chalks75
07-17-2019, 07:12 PM
I think that video talks about the amazing feat just memorizing the Quran is WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES as throughout the Quran every verse has a different length of elongated intonation which the reciter must get right, and because this is the method the Quran was preserved so it's accuracy had to be precise

But also our Imams memorized huge volumes of hadiths (literally millions of them) word for word without a mistake, also many other sciences they had to master and memorize in order to codify and interpret the Islamic teachings correctly.
I agree that it is a very impressive achievement, but it’s not unique to Islam , and since it can be done of people of all faiths or no faith , then it’s not superhuman

Think of a musician , can memorise the notes of thousands of songs , including tempo, cadence etc

Ahmed.
07-17-2019, 07:37 PM
I agree that it is a very impressive achievement, but it’s not unique to Islam , and since it can be done of people of all faiths or no faith , then it’s not superhuman

Think of a musician , can memorise the notes of thousands of songs , including tempo, cadence etc
Who else has it been done by other than our blessed saints?

Name me one non-Muslim who has done the same

Infact when we claim our religion is accurately preserved by memory, it is the non-Muslims always telling us that such a feat is impossible to do and there's bound to be lots of errors and mistakes :). so in a way they're basically agreeing with me that such memory power is nothing short of miraculous

chalks75
07-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Who else has it been done by other than our blessed saints?

Name me one non-Muslim who has done the same
I’m not talking about memorising the Quran ( I’m sorry if I got the spelling wrong , is it Koran or Quran ?)

People have memorised vast quantities of information, like musicians for example ... that kind of memory is not unique to Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.