/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Clothing @ school

AnonymousPoster
12-27-2009, 06:56 AM
I want to start wearing Islamic clothing (like a thaube) to my public college in America. What do you think? Any words of motivation/encouragement? Advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
12-27-2009, 07:58 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I want to start wearing Islamic clothing (like a thaube) to my public college in America. What do you think? Any words of motivation/encouragement? Advice?
Do anything good for the sake of Allah and u will be rewarded :statisfie

Go ahead . btw what is thabue ?? Any long dress ? Also , as u became conscious about clothing , also be careful about good manners .

May Allah make it easy for u , Ameen.

zakirs
12-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Salaam :)

nice desicion bro/sis .. modesty in slam -> nice article

Ummu Sufyaan
12-27-2009, 12:16 PM
:sl:
if its obligatory to dress the way you desire, then go for it. if not, not that you should care what others think, but you need to take into account that people may laugh at you for being different and being the odd one out so you need to weigh it up. unless you 100% couldn't care what they think, then go for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-27-2009, 01:26 PM
^ Exactly my concern. But inshallah I will also be starting the Aalim program alongside college so I see it as a necessity to dress in an Islamic outlook. At the same time, I'm a sensitive person and don't know if I can handle someone insulting me or expressing their disgust at me.

I do have quite a big beard and wear a kufi, Alhamdulillah. I was thinking maybe I could start with a knee-length drench coat.

Please do continue to advise.

I'd also like to know the virtues of dressing as a Muslim etc. in Islamic clothing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.