/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drivin lessns

AnonymousPoster
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
i av had many drivin lessns on manual nd i jus cnt get the hang of the flippin clutch what shal i do? iv had 15+ lessons driving i am think of goin automatic? wat yall think

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
12-27-2009, 11:18 PM
If you have had 15+ lessons........i think you better get an automatic.;D

All joking aside i bought a used Ferrari once and had to learn to drive stick the hard way.....you don't want to know how much a new clutch is for one of those.

Just keep practicing......and praying;D

KittenLover
12-27-2009, 11:24 PM
hmm try praticing in your mum or dads car in an empty car park that's what I did, just takes pratice.

noorseeker
12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
keep at it, you get there in the end

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
papa_smurf
12-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Why the anonymous account?

Güven
12-28-2009, 12:23 AM
+15? lol nothing compared to mine.

Patience is the key.

Snowflake
12-28-2009, 12:44 AM
:sl: Clutch control is not as hard if you think of the clutch and accelerator pedals like two ends of a see-saw. When you want the car to go forward, you press the accelerator and slowly let the clutch come up - so as one goes down the other comes up. Be slowwww and deliberate. Remember you are controlling the car not vice versa. To bring the car into biting point imagine standing on a see-saw with one leg on each end (ok a mini see-saw :P) and trying to get the right balance. Think of your feet as being very sensitive and the tiniest pressure affecting the controls. Think with your feet! As a beginner don't wear chunky boots or wedges/heels depending whether you're a sis or a bro. You will get there if you focus, inshaAllah.

Also think about changing your driving instructor. I'm serious!

:wa:

AnonymousPoster
12-28-2009, 04:38 AM
i hav decided to go 4 automatic lessons :p

KittenLover
12-28-2009, 04:41 AM
forget automatic lessons lol, trust me you just need to mix things up abit, try a different car, try a new instructor, try ur dads car taking it round in the car park. don't get out till you get your dad's car to move lol.

Raaina
12-28-2009, 07:50 AM
I would consider practising in a different car, different cars have different clutch's not all are as easy as others to master. :)

*charisma*
12-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Automatic is beautiful.
I tried driving a manual once, cuz its cheaper with the gas and what not and was thinking it'd be nice having one...one lesson and never again. Its like you do ONE THING WRONG and the entire car just stops :ooh: heck naw.

BUT THEN AGAIN...I'm speaking from US experience. I'm assuming you're from the UK or the rest of the world where they use manuals...so you might wanna just keep trying til you get it since you already did 15 lessons...

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Rafeeq
12-28-2009, 08:09 AM
When I was practicing, I have had more than 10 lessons but I could not get control over the clutch. Then, one day, my friend told me how am I applying clutch, and the surprising thing for him was that I was not apply my feet properly on clutch padel. Hence, car gets OFF.

He tought me to keep the heel suspended in air and push the clutch padel with my toe. Do not take support of the ground. In this way, your leg will be hanging all the way you are apply clutch. And it was my turn to amaze when the car never went OFF after this lesson.

Poor instructor was not telling me as if he would told me that I could have finished my lessons by 15 no. of classes only :(

Ummu Sufyaan
12-28-2009, 08:39 AM
:sl:
my mum learnt how to drive on an automatic , but we got a car that was manual and she had to learn. i remember it was quite difficult for her, but that was mainly associated with the fact that she learnt how to drive automatic first. she eventually got the hang of it (she is a very determined person, mashaAllah) and obviously there wasn't a problem after. if i remember correctly, there was a trick she learnt that helped her. i'll ask her inshallah...

if you need to drive manual and/or you think it will benefit you in the future, then i would stick with it.

Snowflake
12-28-2009, 08:52 AM
:sl: It's best to learn in manual as lots of people can figure how to drive an automatic later if they have to, but if you learn in automatic then you won't know how to drive a manual without lessons. It's good to have as many skills as possible in life.

ardianto
12-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree with sister Scents of Jannah. You must learn how to drive manual car.

I cannot remember how many hours and how many kilometers I drove a car, and not only on road. Sometime I go to village areas, drive on mud, sand, grass. Also drive on flooded area or drive on 'extreme road'. From my experience, in places like these we must drive in low gear with high RPM and use clutch for control engine rotation. That's why I don't like automatic transmission.

- IqRa -
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Don't give up.

Lonely Gal
12-30-2009, 11:39 AM
so what if u had more than 15 lessons.. some people take longer than others. I wouldn't worry about it, just keep focused and don't think about it too much, cos the more u think u cant control the clutch, the more u may work urself up about it..
I know a girl that had 8 practical tests.. u jus have to be determined and carry on, pull urself together and tackle it again.
Passin on automatic means u wont ever be able to drive a manual unless u take a test again..
keep tryin! dont give up!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.