/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Antbody here seen the movie "The Message"?

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I was wondering if anybody has seen this movie, and or is it a correct Islamic portrayed movie?

And where can i find it?

Thanks.

The Italian Christian dude.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
The Message

You can watch it on youtube ^

al Iskander
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi , friend .

Million muslims are seen this movie and I think , and I am not alone to think that , this is a good movie .

They are two versions , first with arabic actors and second with Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas .

The portray is correct but not complete and the Holy Prophet is not represented , al hamduLillah .

I hoppe you like this movie as we liked it .

Hi .

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Iskander
Hi , friend .

Million muslims are seen this movie and I think , and I am not alone to think that , this is a good movie .

They are two versions , first with arabic actors and second with Anthony Quinn and Irene Papas .

The portray is correct but not complete and the Holy Prophet is not represented , al hamduLillah .

I hoppe you like this movie as we liked it .

Hi .
I havent seen it yet, which one should i buy? Arabic actors or Quinn?

Does the Arabic version have English or Italian subtitles?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
The Message

You can watch it on youtube ^
You can watch the whole movie on youtube?

GuestFellow
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
You can watch the whole movie on youtube?
Yup. The entire movie. Click on the link.

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Yup. The entire movie. Click on the link.
o wow ok i will later, my wife is yelling at me to watch a Hindi movie.....as usual she got a new one.....we have pretty much every one made;D

Zainab and a bunch of others ar here to:hmm:......here comes trouble.

As long as they keep the Chai going i think im ok:D

GuestFellow
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
o wow ok i will later, my wife is yelling at me to watch a Hindi movie.....as usual she got a new one.....we have pretty much every one made;D

You don't have to watch it on youtube, try google too.

YusufNoor
12-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I was wondering if anybody has seen this movie, and or is it a correct Islamic portrayed movie?

And where can i find it?

Thanks.

The Italian Christian dude.
:sl:

while the movie has a certain shiite flavor to it, it is actually about the best feature about Islam made by non-scholars that i have seen. you get an idea of what happened in the Seerah, but it IS 23 years of history in a couple hours.

it can be found here, sans subtitles:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=5736188

:wa:

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

while the movie has a certain shiite flavor to it, it is actually about the best feature about Islam made by non-scholars that i have seen. you get an idea of what happened in the Seerah, but it IS 23 years of history in a couple hours.

it can be found here, sans subtitles:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=5736188

Oh cool thanks! What is the diference in Sunni and Shi'ite?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum..
Yeahhh i`ve seen the movie... its kool..they dont portray the Prophet Muhammad (saw) so thats good, the way we muslims like it.:D. Alhamdulilah (Thanks to Allaah)..
The movie just teaches you about how the message of Islaam(Peace) came, and what it came to teach..bascally that "There is only 1 God and that Muhammad sallahu alayhi wa salam is his final messenger).. obviously it doesnt teach every single word that the prophet spoke in his life like the Hadiths and what God`s words "The Noble Q`uraan"...but it shows you the main parts..i guess thats how i can put it..
The best way to learn about Islaam, is to study Islaam such as the "The Noble Q`uraan" and the Sunnah (The way of life of the Prophet Muhamad saw) because he is the main rolemodel as the previous prophets were for their nations. and still are for Islaam..But Muhammad sallahu alayhi wa salam (peace be upon him) The Rolemodel for Whole of Mankind!!

Yeah you can find the Movie in a easier way lool.. "Youtube it!"..
Wa alaaykum Salaam...

YusufNoor
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh cool thanks! What is the diference in Sunni and Shi'ite?
there's lots of music and the women have sorta tattoos on their faces. [sunnis, most of 'em are on the straight path, shiites made up their own religion that centers around Ali ibn Abee Talib[RA] and his family]

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
there's lots of music and the women have sorta tattoos on their faces. [sunnis, most of 'em are on the straight path, shiites made up their own religion that centers around Ali ibn Abee Talib[RA] and his family]

oh wait......are the Shi'ites the ones whom believe there where more prophets after the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ? Did I do that right?:D

Or that there was a rightful heir? I think someones nephew or son?

Supreme
12-28-2009, 12:45 AM
oh wait......are the Shi'ites the ones whom believe there where more prophets after the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ? Did I do that right?:D

Shias believe that Ali was the first rightful caliph (Sunnis believe it was Umar I think) and they have their own Hadith collection, different from Sunnis and their own holy places (many Shia holy places recieve more pilgrims than Sunni holy places), plus they believe in the significance of the Prophet's family. They both believe in the same prophets. Some Sunnis, including the Wahhabis, al Queda and the Taliban, have tried to make out that the Shia are heretics and inhuman and not true Muslims, although such is the way with nutjobs. The Saudi Government are far stricter and more cautious when Shias enter their holy cities of Mecca and Medina, and adding insult to injury, do not even allow Shia Muslims to practise their religion in the self proclaimed land of Islam. I've always had far more interest in the Shia version of events, and if by some future event I happen to become Muslim, I will almost definetly become Shia.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Shias believe that Ali was the first rightful caliph (Sunnis believe it was Umar I think) and they have their own Hadith collection, different from Sunnis and their own holy places (many Shia holy places recieve more pilgrims than Sunni holy places), plus they believe in the significance of the Prophet's family.
noooo they dont :-\

They both believe in the same prophets. Some Sunnis, including the Wahhabis, al Queda and the Taliban, have tried to make out that the Shia are heretics and inhuman and not true Muslims, although such is the way with nutjobs.
the ones who make the shia look like heretics are no-one but the shia themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLrfU2Ec3Q

The Saudi Government are far stricter and more cautious when Shias enter their holy cities of Mecca and Medina, and adding insult to injury, do not even allow Shia Muslims to practise their religion in the self proclaimed land of Islam. I've always had far more interest in the Shia version of events, and if by some future event I happen to become Muslim, I will almost definetly become Shia.
that would be becuase some shia arent Muslims. secondly they insult the caaplihs and spat on his grave one time when a Iranian/shia delegate went to visit. i dont think anyone would be allowed to do that in anyone's holy land. i mean you only have to see what happened over Christmas when that lady attacked the pope to know what i mean.

GuestFellow
12-28-2009, 02:07 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...nishia_1.shtml

Read that, its impartial.

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 02:14 AM
ok thanks buddy!

Grofica
12-28-2009, 02:23 AM
wow... come on now guys and gals... no need to bash sunni or shia or anyone else... i mean... this forum is supposed to be impartial... cant we all just get along????

to answer the question yes there are some differences... i would google it....

about the movie: (which is the topic) i have not seen it yet but i would like to :-)

waqas maqsood
12-28-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm not a shia and not trying to defend a shia...

SHIA ARE STILL MUSLIM as they beliEve in One Allah and Mohammed as the last Messenger BUT... believe that Ali (ra), the nephew of the prophet was the rightful person to take over as a leader (NOT as a prophet or messenger) after Mohammed (pbuh).

Again, you find different traits in Shia, e.g Extreme to Mild Shia's who claim e.g Ali (ra) should have been the last Messenger and not Mohammed (pbuh), Ali (ra) is God when Mohammed asked God to reveal himself during the Journey of night of Power, some elevate the status of Ali (ra) more than the prophet, if not the 1st 4 Caliphas (the fact that the Prophet looked after his nephew from a very young age and gave his daughters (Fatima) hand.

Today, alot of people have descended from the tree of the Quraish (Mohammed pbuh and Ali ra) tribe (whom mostly are Shia) and think of being more superior than others.

Yet, Allah has clearly stated thal humans are equal.
Whats more important is the Intention and Action in front of Allah.

With Regards to Supreme question that Saudis are stricter with Shia's during pilgrimmage, I personally believe it is wrong to stop them to pray but Shia's need to respect sects whom believe to different school of thoughts and avoiding such act that can cause problem to other muslims.

waqas maqsood
12-28-2009, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=Italianguy;1265808]oh wait......are the Shi'ites the ones whom believe there where more prophets after the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ? Did I do that right?:D
QUOTE]

Nope.. Thats Ahmediyyah.. Also known as Qadiyani... They are NOT NOT NOT muslim (They may Submit to the will of Allah but do not believe Mohammed pbuh as the last prophet) whatsoever.

Just an idea created by the western to glow the growth of Islam

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=waqas maqsood;1265893]
QUOTE]

Nope.. Thats Ahmediyyah.. Also known as Qadiyani... They are NOT NOT NOT muslim (They may Submit to the will of Allah but do not believe Mohammed pbuh as the last prophet) whatsoever.

Just an idea created by the western to glow the growth of Islam
Thank you for clearing that up. I know you all are thinking

"why doesnt Italainguy.....since he is the awesomest and the coolest dude we have ever talked to ,....ever;D ask Zainab and his wifes other Muslim friends about Islam"?

Well, i try to have a straight forward friendship with them leaving out any debates...thats why I ask you all quetions.......plus I can't peel them away from each other for 2 seconds to ask anything more than"where do you girls want to eat"?;D

_PakistaN_
12-28-2009, 02:39 AM
I've seen it on VCR or DVD can't remember... and i;ve watched it on youtube aswell..

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
I've seen it on VCR or DVD can't remember... and i;ve watched it on youtube aswell..
It must be a short film? If it can be watched on youtube?

There are movies longer than ten minutes on youtube?

I watched a movie about Hajj on youtube I think it was called "Inside Islam" or "Inside Hajj" not sure? It was like an hour and a half but split into like 6 videos.

waqas maqsood
12-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong brothers.. The Message is an approved film. About 2 hours long.

But not in great details. There are interesting, short story islamic book from stores that gives you a better understandanding.

Im 23 y.o yet I enjoy my short, illustrated islamic books with bright colours and basic english context.

Just like e.g. Harry Potter, the book is in much much more details than the actual film.

Supreme
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Wow, I didn't know Shia were permitted to pray three times a day as opposed to 5 times a day.

noooo they dont
Yes they do, they regard the Hadith from the Prophet's family in a far higher respect.

the ones who make the shia look like heretics are no-one but the shia themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLrfU2Ec3Q
Or perhaps it's people who post videos demonizing the Shia who are the ones who makes the Shia look like heretics.

that would be becuase some shia arent Muslims
What? How can some Shia Muslims not be Muslims?

secondly they insult the caaplihs and spat on his grave one time when a Iranian/shia delegate went to visit. i dont think anyone would be allowed to do that in anyone's holy land. i mean you only have to see what happened over Christmas when that lady attacked the pope to know what i mean.
So because one time Shia spat on somebody's grave, you're going to penalize the whole group? Where's the logic in that?

zakirs
12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Lets not get into sectarian discusion again please :) !!

@italianguy.. i also suggest you to watch this wonderful documentary. Its a really marvelous one :)

Legacy of muhammad (pbuh) - > link

Its about 1.5 hrs and totally worth watching

ardianto
12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I have discussed about "The Message" with brother Ali-008

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...tch-movie.html

Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Yes they do, they regard the Hadith from the Prophet's family in a far higher respect.
if that was really the case, then they wouldn't curse the companions whom the Prophet (peace be upon him) said it was a major sin.

Or perhaps it's people who post videos demonizing the Shia who are the ones who makes the Shia look like heretics.
dont be stupid.

What? How can some Shia Muslims not be Muslims?
because they curse the companions which takes one out of the fold of Islam. you could be a sunni and the same thing applies.

So because one time Shia spat on somebody's grave, you're going to penalize the whole group? Where's the logic in that?
you missed my point. it goes to show the enmity they have towards Sunni beliefs. i highly doubt that the shia's would respect the companions if they were in power considering it is ingrained in their beliefs.

maisha
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
is it a goood movie? :)

Italianguy
01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maisha
is it a goood movie? :)
Oh yeah, I still haven't seen it. I want to order it on dvd so i can watch it in my theater, i think movies are better when you can see them on big screen and surround sound to get the full effect.

maisha
01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
kwl um gonna try an wach ih now :D

Ramadhan
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM

Have you watched "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" by any chance?

That movie was so popular in Indonesia when it was playing. I watched it twice :embarrass
Because, like most other hindi movies, to me the movie is totally funny without intending it and it's so over the top.

Samiun
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Woah, I got addicted to this series and I think I might wake up for late for a marathon tomorrow. Great job Italianguy splendid!

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Have you watched "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" by any chance?

That movie was so popular in Indonesia when it was playing. I watched it twice :embarrass
Because, like most other hindi movies, to me the movie is totally funny without intending it and it's so over the top.
ARE YOU KIDDING?????;D I have it on dvd;D seen it 100 times:p I have bought over 70 hindi movies! Let me list off a couple I have you should watch

Jodhaa Akbar
Mangal Pandey
Eklavya
Swades
Guddi
Bawarchi
Hum Saath-Saath Hain
Bhaji on the beach
Dor
Veer-Zara
Ghajini
Jawani Diwani
Mohabbatein
HumTum
Umrao Jaan
Dil to Pagal Hai
Kuch Naa Kaho
Saawariya
As`oka

glo
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
^
Do you have Hindi connections, Italianguy?

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^
Do you have Hindi connections, Italianguy?
Yes, my wife is from South India, she speaks Tamil, Hindi, Urdu....and comming soon Italian.;D She was born in Bangalore and lived in Chennei. In the state of Tamilnadu.

Her parents will pick me these movies up, when they find them....I love them, and I'm the only one who will watch them with my wifes mother;D....we will have movie night sometimes....but those movies are like 3 hours longggggggg!

When i visit the city (NY) I go to Jackson Hieghts, It's New York cities little India. Good food, good stuff all around:D:D

Oh and i understand and speak a little Tamil, and a little more Hindi:D.....and of course Italiano! Ciao!

Supreme
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
What do you speak at home Italianguy? And what do your kid's learn?

Italianguy
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
What do you speak at home Italianguy? And what do your kid's learn?
I only have my one 7 year old son, He speaks only English first, but is learning Italian, and he understands some Tamil commands and questions:D

And I speak more Tamil at home, my wife speaks Tamil so thats how we communicate at home, I have a "Italianhinditamil" accent as my wife says;D

Sometimes I mix up all three languages;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Yup seen it many times. lost count...;D lol. Good movie :)

You can find it on kalamullah.com too...but youtube might be easier :D

zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING?????;D I have it on dvd;D seen it 100 times:p I have bought over 70 hindi movies! Let me list off a couple I have you should watch

Jodhaa Akbar
Mangal Pandey
Eklavya
Swades
Guddi
Bawarchi
Hum Saath-Saath Hain
Bhaji on the beach
Dor
Veer-Zara
Ghajini
Jawani Diwani
Mohabbatein
HumTum
Umrao Jaan
Dil to Pagal Hai
Kuch Naa Kaho
Saawariya
As`oka
Wow you have a looong list there.

Italianguy
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Wow you have a looong list there.
lol, Ands thats just afew of them;D We have allot of those "2-in-1 dvds" you know, the ones with 2 movies on it. I love Hindi movies they are so over the top, everybody is always happy:D:D:D, I like the ones that show Indias history though. Like Mangal Pandey, and one of my favorites is Jodha Akbar, It's a movie about a Muslim ruler(i think the Ottoman, or Mangol empire????) that gets married to a Hindu girl, and al the events and wars that take place, you should see it, it's really cool:D

It's funy too, most of them come with an option of Italian subtitles......Who'd of thought??:hmm:

My Umma or mother....in law. called last night and told me she got like 5 more when they were just in India:D...I can't wait!;D;D

tw009
01-10-2010, 08:33 AM
LOL, wow Italianguy, you have probably seen more Indian movies then I have and some of these movies I have never heard of! :\

btw, how did you get interested in Islam? are your in-laws Muslims?

Italianguy
01-10-2010, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
LOL, wow Italianguy, you have probably seen more Indian movies then I have and some of these movies I have never heard of! :\

btw, how did you get interested in Islam? are your in-laws Muslims?
Actually no, they are all devout Christians. Ummmmm.....How I got interested in Islam??......well....it has always intrigued me because of the orthodox style in which it has been practiced, I am a very conservative Christian, that came from a Roman Catholic family. I am protestant now because i don't follow how the orthodox and Catholic churches believe that preists can forgive your sins so to speak, like confession or the like. So if you take away those plus the fact of some other atributes, that leaves me at being a protestant.

Now, I also don't like the protestant veiw as much because of how lax they are, and how they are trying to tend to the younger generation of Christians by allowing people to come to church in ripped jeans, hats on their heads and women with no cover on their headsimsad as well as some of the ways they interpret the Bible in a way not allowed. My wife alsways covers her head at church as welll as in prayer......always. We have ben asked before at every chusrch we go to "Are you Muslims visiting our church" sometimes by people in a church we have been attending for a year!:p Plus we pray a little diferent than they do, ..I will hold my hands very similar to how how a Muslim does when you pray, and when I can i will kneel down on the floor in prostrate and......wel basicaly i look like a Muslim praying:hmm: according to others.

I guess the only big difference is that I believe Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior. I don't think that will ever change.

I guess I got interested in Islam because it is really closer to Christianity than most think, even closer than Judism for the most part. I have ben studying Islam for 2 years and have bought over 16 books about Islam and I am reading the Qur'an as well (yes it's the right one) I have been learning a little Arabic and am considering taking an Arabic language class at the university i attend as well i am trying to learn more Hindi, Tamil and Aramaic. I am also a student at a large Christian university, and I have to take a certain amount of Christian appologetics and theology, study classes as part of my undergrad. My focus in those classes was Islam and i had to right a 18 page paper on Islam.:phew:exhausted

My professor told us to do an in-depth study.....and I just ran with it!:D

I hope that helps a little bit? Sorry I rambled on so long, but there is no short answer to that question.:D

God be with you..all of you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.