/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the welcoming brothers?

Insaanah
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
:sl:

In the "Introduce Yourself" thread, there are a number of us sisters who are staunch members of the unofficial welcoming committee for new members. There are very very few brothers.

A few weeks ago there was a brother who only sisters ended up welcoming.

Where are all the brothers? People post replies to other threads but mainly ignore threads entitled "assalaamu alaikum" or "I'm new".

I know when you're viewing other threads it may seem irrelevant, but it's not to the person thats just posted their first post and is waiting for someone to welcome them. You won't get any reps for it, but it's not about reps is it?

Jazaakumullah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM

I occassionally drop in once in a while. Interesting observation you made though. I'll go do some introductions right now..

Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

In the "Introduce Yourself" thread, there a number of us sisters who are staunch members of the unofficial welcoming committe for new members. There are very few few brothers.

Where are all the brothers? People post replies to other threads but mainly ignore threads entitled "assalaamu alaikum" or "I'm new".

I know when you're viewing other threads it may seem irrelevant, but it's not to the person thats just posted their first post and is waiting for someone to welcome them. You won't get any reps for it, but it's not about reps is it?

Jazaakumullah khair.

Oh wow, sorry:p

Am I allowed to welcome them? Since I am a Christian.

I guess everyone should be welcomed no matter what right?

Insaanah
12-27-2009, 10:09 PM
^ Makes no difference what religion you are. Anyone can welcome a new member...we're all forum members and brothers and sisters in humanity after all!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
^ Makes no difference what religion you are. Anyone can welcome a new member...we're all forum members and brothers and sisters in humanity after all!
okay good i will do it now:D I like making everyone feel welcome:D

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2009, 10:11 PM

In the "Introduce Yourself" thread, there a number of us sisters who are staunch members of the unofficial welcoming committe for new members. There are very few few brothers.

Jazaakumullah khair.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, very good point sister and is something we should all act upon, Jazakallah khayran for reminding us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.