/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth in islam

Insecured soul
12-28-2009, 04:12 AM
salaam alaikum people

I have a friend who is muslim and he is married and has a daughter, his wife is also muslim.

She started believing in rebirth, i dont know i guess she must have watched some movies or tv serials as here in india we get such craps on television.

this concept of rebirth is there in hinduism, the problem is that his wife tells him that in her previous life he killed her hehe and she cries sometimes and this is creating a lot of problems for him

he explained to me all this just a moment ago and i told him il try to find help and we will try to make her understand that all this rebirth thing is crap in our religion.

waiting for you replies.....

jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
12-28-2009, 09:02 AM
:sl: I hope this helps inshaAllah

Name of Questioner - Samah - India

Title - Reincarnation: Do Muslims Believe in It?

Question -As-Salamu `alaykum. I have a question concerning the concept of a past life or reincarnation as they call it. I believe in the afterlife as Islam states, but what about those people who have some “recollections” of past lives? How is that explained or why do they have those feelings?

Date:24/Jul/2003
Name of Counsellor - Muzammil Siddiqi
Topic -Creedal Innovations

Answer: Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear sister in Islam, thanks a lot for your question, which reflects your care to have a sound belief and faith. Allah commands Muslims to refer to people of knowledge to become well acquainted with the teachings of Islam in all aspects of life.

Before addressing this question, it is essential to state that the Islamic approach to dealing with any issue relating to faith and practice is direct. Thus this invariably involves looking at what the Qur’an has to say, how this was understood and applied by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and the pious generations, who are considered our perennial role models in all matters of deen (religion).

According to the Qur’an and Sunnah, there is no reincarnation (tanasukh al-arwah), but there will be indeed resurrection (ba`th).

Those people who claim to have recollections of past lives — usually under hypnosis — may be hearing the whispers of jinn, even without their knowing it. In such an altered state of consciousness they would be more susceptible to such whispers and suggestions and then interpret them as their own memories.

Answering your question, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states the following:

"Reincarnation (tanasukh) is an un-Islamic idea. It has no place in the Qur’an and Sunnah. In Islam we believe in resurrection, not reincarnation. Thus, there is no such thing as past lives according to Islam. Allah created us from nothing and gave us existence. We have only one life on this earth. After death we will be raised up again on the Day of Judgment. There is no return to this life before the Day of Judgment.

People have all kinds of imagination. Sometimes people imagine and dream things. That does not mean that this actually happened to them. Our mind works in so many different ways. The so-called recollections of lives before this life are nothing but hallucinations."

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.pakistanlink.com

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546776

Insecured soul
12-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Alright thanks a lot for your help, i will talk with my friend soon and see where we can go from there

salaam alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.