/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The pain

sevgi
12-28-2009, 10:15 AM
The pain was nothing she could put into words...but the only thing she could do was express it. She had no outlet, no one to tell, no one to cry to. She started writing this in hopes that one day her pain would be understood by someone out there and she would feel a sense of sympathy from a stranger. But she believed wholeheartedly that this was not going to happen. In order to fathom her pain, one had to be her because only she was who she is. Only she had lived the life she lived. Only she had experienced life as she knew it and only she carried the attributes she did.

She was in pain. A very real pain. A pain that no one could contain, maintain or retain. A pain that could not be repressed or expressed. This was a pain like no other. She was love, a “globule of light”. She was put on this earth to love, to feel, to believe. This was the pain of her purpose being ripped from her. This was the pain of her core being ripped from her existence. This was the pain of her hope being thrust into the lion’s den. This was the pain of her dreams being liquefied. This was the pain of her reality disappearing in the blink of an eye.

The story behind this pain is so painful she could not put it into words. She would stare blankly at this page until one day she could tell her story. She would carry this burden until her heart stopped beating. Her cause of death will be no mystery. Her pain will take her last breath just as it has taken her all. Thriving on her last few breaths, this is all she could express. This is all she could let out. This is all she had detangled. The pain; nothing more, nothing less.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
It somehow means something to me

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow, very nice. Who is this woman you speak of? Is she well known?

sevgi
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I pray not even my darkest enemy be faced with this pain. Thank you nightstar for reading and feeling.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Wow, very nice. Who is this woman you speak of? Is she well known?
No, it's me.

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
No, it's me.
Oh my!, I hope you are feeling different as of now? I pray that you are feeling better with time? I can only hope no one else feels such pain as this. I pray that someone who does, may come to God with this pain and He shall relinquish such pain from you.imsad

I am......

sevgi
12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Oh my!, I hope you are feeling different as of now? I pray that you are feeling better with time? I can only hope no one else feels such pain as this. I pray that someone who does, may come to God with this pain and He shall relinquish such pain from you.imsad

I am......
Thank you italianguy. I pray that this pain teaches people of good thought a lesson of some sort.

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Thank you italianguy. I pray that this pain teaches people of good thought a lesson of some sort.
God be with you sister. And nice writing by the way:D

Like a poem.

I think it will open some eye's.

Rafeeq
12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
"The Pain" is the a contact saved in my cell phone and she is really pain of my life. LOL.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
:sl:
let
it
go

:)

sometimes trials become too much but the best thing to do is hope that there will be a place of no anxiety, grief and sorrow where we shall reside in, inshallah that will be a place where our worries will be a thing of the past.

i dont know what to say to someone where the trials of life have over taken them but i feel their pain, (well not really becuase only they know what they are going through, but usually i can relate in one way or another and feel sympathetic in one way or another) and i sincerely hope for them better days and i will advise them not to give up becuase if they did a life of deeper sorrow will await. they just have to believe that there is something more to this immense pain they are living and that is the "anesthetic" that gets them through. i will also advise them to talk to someone about this pain no matter how much they fear people may judge them or think they are weird (its ironic innit, we build in ourselves fear what people will think and usually it turns out that people are very comforting) otherwise this pain will sow deep seeds that will develop into poisonous plants devouring their sense of anything and will turn them into over sensitive beings.

BUT the best thing i will advise is to seek Allah favors of paitence, dua and above all jannah.

you probably already know that though :)

Italianguy
12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
"The Pain" is the a contact saved in my cell phone and she is really pain of my life. LOL.
lol, i feel that bro;D

Alpha Dude
12-28-2009, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
let
it
go
I second this.

sevgi
12-28-2009, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
let
it
go

:)

sometimes trials become too much but the best thing to do is hope that there will be a place of no anxiety, grief and sorrow where we shall reside in, inshallah that will be a place where our worries will be a thing of the past.

i dont know what to say to someone where the trials of life have over taken them but i feel their pain, (well not really becuase only they know what they are going through, but usually i can relate in one way or another and feel sympathetic in one way or another) and i sincerely hope for them better days and i will advise them not to give up becuase if they did a life of deeper sorrow will await. they just have to believe that there is something more to this immense pain they are living and that is the "anesthetic" that gets them through. i will also advise them to talk to someone about this pain no matter how much they fear people may judge them or think they are weird (its ironic innit, we build in ourselves fear what people will think and usually it turns out that people are very comforting) otherwise this pain will sow deep seeds that will develop into poisonous plants devouring their sense of anything and will turn them into over sensitive beings.

BUT the best thing i will advise is to seek Allah favors of paitence, dua and above all jannah.

you probably already know that though :)
I am one of the strongest people I know. I do not say that in a bad way. I just know. But even for me...i cant do this one...i have to...but...im dying. i really am. the pain is physically delibitating.

noorseeker
12-28-2009, 11:23 AM
im one of the strongest people i know, but theres hurt in me,

but sister dont take it to the end,

zakirs
12-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Sister salam alaikum..

I am very sorry for your pain. Why are using the word dying ? please don;t use it.May God give all of us the best of health :)

I hope you will get through this test :)

CosmicPathos
12-28-2009, 11:53 AM
"The world is a prison for a believer and a paradise for the disbeliever." Prophet Muhammad (saw).

Snowflake
12-28-2009, 03:22 PM
:sl: I feel you dear ukhti. May Allah relieve you of your pain and sorrow. Ameen. InshaAllah, I will remember you in my prayers.

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever Allah wishes good for, He inflicts him (with hardship)." [Bukhari]

:wa:

زهراء
12-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

In life there are many tests and InshAllah you will pass this one. May Allah help you overcome your pain and grant you Jannah. AMEEN!

dovelove
12-28-2009, 04:15 PM
wa alakom salam sister,

i feel u rite there, but there got 2 b a glimmer of hope thru that pain 4sure, at times pain of all types can over burden us, we not given more than we can manage, thou at times we feel like we cannot manage WE CAN, think positive, even if u hav to delude yourself.

while we stil got breath we r livin, and we are all dyin no one will live this life forever, if u suffer now, keep in mind, inshAllah u will be compensated,

mayb hit the shops, perk up, i type this while i look miserable as sin, smile and battle that pain, dont let pain get u down, cos the only way is up from here, when we cant get no lower, and paradise is above, so up look up, thou 2day may not b bright tomo can b inshAllah

hope u feel better soon hun

Souljette
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
assalamualikum i feel like i can relate to u sis ...just somehow and i feel it in me sadly Allah will help us heal as no one else can

Insaanah
12-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I am one of the strongest people I know. I do not say that in a bad way. I just know. But even for me...i cant do this one...i have to...but...im dying. i really am. the pain is physically delibitating.
:sl: Sister,

Please please forgive me if I've got this wrong, but to me this has come across as physical pain resulting from a terminal illness. Such pain is extreme, excruciating and often not understandable by other people.

If that is the case, are there any physicians/doctors involved in your care, and are you on any pain relief medication? Nowadays there are so many pain relief drugs that, taken regularly, can be tailored to suit the person and the pain, and many drugs that can be taken as required for breakthrough pain, in addition to the regular pain relief drugs.

If this is your situation, and even if it isn't, may Allah bless you and I pray He eases your suffering, and forgives your sins thereby. Ameen.

If I have said anything wrong, please forgive me.

Taqiyah
12-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh Subhana Allah I can only offer my sincere prayers for you sister. Sharing this was really good step and I wish the best for you inshaAllala may Allah make your pain go away, may you find peace, love and tranquility for the rest of time.
Pray to Allah to make this easier don't ever give up on his mercy inshaallah He has beautiful plans for you inshallah.:statisfie:statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
12-28-2009, 06:02 PM
The pain was nothing she could put into words...but the only thing she could do was express it. She had no outlet, no one to tell, no one to cry to. She started writing this in hopes that one day her pain would be understood by someone out there and she would feel a sense of sympathy from a stranger. But she believed wholeheartedly that this was not going to happen. In order to fathom her pain, one had to be her because only she was who she is. Only she had lived the life she lived. Only she had experienced life as she knew it and only she carried the attributes she did.

She was in pain. A very real pain. A pain that no one could contain, maintain or retain. A pain that could not be repressed or expressed. This was a pain like no other. She was love, a “globule of light”. She was put on this earth to love, to feel, to believe. This was the pain of her purpose being ripped from her. This was the pain of her core being ripped from her existence. This was the pain of her hope being thrust into the lion’s den. This was the pain of her dreams being liquefied. This was the pain of her reality disappearing in the blink of an eye.

The story behind this pain is so painful she could not put it into words. She would stare blankly at this page until one day she could tell her story. She would carry this burden until her heart stopped beating. Her cause of death will be no mystery. Her pain will take her last breath just as it has taken her all. Thriving on her last few breaths, this is all she could express. This is all she could let out. This is all she had detangled. The pain; nothing more, nothing less.
Give glad tidings to those who bare the pain they go through with patience for the very purpose of pain is to make a person stronger and closer to Allah.

The pious prefer pain over pleasure. They prefer illness over good health, They prefer sadness over happiness. All because they know that when they are inflicted with any type of pain it is because Allah is wanting good for them and wanting them to be closer to him.

If a person did'nt feel pain how would they become stronger? If pain did not exist then what is the purpose of this life? Pain is a test from Allah and without pain how would be be tested?

Pain distinguishes between those who will come close to Allah and those who would go further away.

If there was no pain then how would we appreciate happiness? If there was no illness then how would we appreciate good health?

How would we gain the sweetness of imaan without feeling pain?

What pleasure would there be in achieving Jannah if we went through no pain? What pleasure would there be in achievement if we went through no pain in achieving it?

If pain did not exist then how will one really appreciate what we have for there will always be those who have and are going through more pain then we can ever imagine. When we look around we may see smiley faces but do we really know what kind of pain a person is going through?

Allah knows our pain and he knows what we are going through. If we accept the pain as it is his decree and be patient and even closer to him then know that he is with those people and when he wants good for a person then he gives them pain and when that person bares the pain with patience and forbearance then he rewards that person eternity of bliss for their short time in pain.

Then give glad tidings to those in pain who bare with it with patience and call upon their lord with hope,faith,trust and reliance in him for Allah is with and close to those people and their reward can only be Jannah!

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

Asiyah3
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
May Allah ease your pain

Fטлку
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Sevgiii :wub:
That was heart wrenching imsad
We're always here to hear you out. I won't tell you ''to have patience''..I know how that sounds to a person deeply hurt. But may God have mercy on you. Just Hang in there imsad
Virtual hug?

Hamza Asadullah
12-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Never lose hope in Allah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58g-ZNWxv20

Are You Going Through Hardships In Life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJNLdOWcIQ

Don't be sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJmiSzB-TE

'Abd-al Latif
12-28-2009, 09:47 PM
:salamext:

Whoever feels grief and sorrow should read the Surah Yusuf.

...I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah... [12:86]

Rasema2
12-28-2009, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Whoever feels grief and sorrow should read the Surah Yusuf.

...I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah... [12:86]
:wasalamex
And everything else. The thing is that sometimes expressing pain to Allah is hard. I mean, you can't complain to Allah, I can't. And if you can suck up to not cry, should you not cry? Would you be tougher if you practice this.

'Abd-al Latif
12-29-2009, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema2
:wasalamex
And everything else. The thing is that sometimes expressing pain to Allah is hard. I mean, you can't complain to Allah, I can't. And if you can suck up to not cry, should you not cry? Would you be tougher if you practice this.
Why can't you complain to Allah? In Allah's hands is all that is good and whatever good the creation brings you is from Allah alone. If He withholds His blessings who is there that can bring you anything good besides Him? SubhanAllah, you would turn to everyone for help except for the One who can actually help you?

You should cry to Allah and pour your heart out at Him and ask Him for His help and guidance in all matters. Ya'qoob (a.s) cried to Allah so much after he lost his son Yusuf (a.s) that he went blind and Allah responded to him.

And it's not about being tougher it's about being humble before Allah. The only way to have a relief from an affliction is to run back to Allah and not away from Him.

Rasema2
12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Why can't you complain to Allah? In Allah's hands is all that is good and whatever good the creation brings you is from Allah alone. If He withholds His blessings who is there that can bring you anything good besides Him? SubhanAllah, you would turn to everyone for help except for the One who can actually help you?

You should cry to Allah and pour your heart out at Him and ask Him for His help and guidance in all matters. Ya'qoob (a.s) cried to Allah so much after he lost his son Yusuf (a.s) that he went blind and Allah responded to him.

And it's not about being tougher it's about being humble before Allah. The only way to have a relief from an affliction is to run back to Allah and not away from Him.

JazzakAllahu Khayr for your reply. Allah gives us everything and I feel selfish to complain to Him. There are so many poor people on this earth and I would complain about little things that make me..

I wouldn't turn to people either. I got it now. You're afraid that you'll say something wrong and Allah, subHana wa ta'ala, wills it all so I thought that complaining about Allah's will is wrong. Don't we only have to say hte , forgot it,,,

dovelove
12-29-2009, 03:45 AM
O the pain tell me about it, life aint easy non at all if we hope 2 go somewhere worthwhile once this life is over, we gotta sacrafice something... Pain really is a blessing, in disguise as pain, but I think it is really the Mercy of Allah being showered on you, constant pain u blessed but u kno it not.

Turn to Allah to make you better or cope with the pain easier, the chapter yusef is very good mashAllah and u may relate to yusef pbuh havin hardship from young age for many years, all badness thrown his way, sincerely turn to Allah, only Allah can help you, and you too can help urself as hard as it mayb, push urself do something for someone, make as many good deeds as u can. dhikr constantly.

it is hard at the time of calamity and distress to remember this for yusef pbuh also, he cried about his situation, its wat we meant to do, Turn to our Lord for help, it is not easy when feelin pain 2 read so play Quran and try keep in mind, it will be worth it inshAllah and be please with our Lord and his Decree his Mercy.

when u pray cry 2 your Lord in humble state asking 4 help and ask for ur pain be eased up, or for Allah help you cope, to help you get thru this, Allah hears those who call on him.

its not over till u breathe the last breath so keep on fightin, fight the feelin of lowness, the feelin of pain, the feelin like u cant go on, cos u can go on, and u are there. its wat Allah willed and those hit hardest are the luckiest, a chance to show Allah we put trust in Him.

definately not an easy thing but please dont give up, i pray u see brighter day.

Fe Aman Allah :sunny:

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Hope everything is getting better for you:D

You have so many here that care, it's amazing!

Come on.......smile:D.......i know you want to.....ah there it is:D.....i knew you would:D

God be with you!:D

sevgi
12-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I just want to die. Not kill myself...but die. Its haram to kill yourself. But yeah...I want to disappear...

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
sister what has happened?!?!

Rafeeq
12-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Try to look around you, many people just want a smile on your face. So, cheers.

This is life, take it easy, come on....

muslimsister1
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Sister what is so bad that you are thinking this way? Inshallah Allah SWT will hear your prayers and make it easy for you.

:wa:

sevgi
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
sister what has happened?!?!
Ive been through so much in my life that im too mature for people my own age. i dnt trust people and have a very deep, serious and wise look into life. not only that but i look old..like i have permamnent frown marks etc. after what i just went thru, im never gna be able to get out of my issues coz no one is ever gna understand and love me for who i am. i dnt know any people or guys who are as deep as i am. i wont find anyone who understands and apreciates me.

'Abd-al Latif
12-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I just want to die. Not kill myself...but die. Its haram to kill yourself. But yeah...I want to disappear...
Don't let the smiles of people fool you. You don't know what's in the hearts of people and the only thing will reveal the truth of what lies in their hearts is a trail from Allah. A person can be going through the hardest moments of his life yet the no one would ever be able to guess it because he throws a smile at you whenever you see him.

The most difficult thing to endure is when you watch the people with a lively and happy attitude and you wonder what makes them that way while your insides are shrinking and the world turns narrow without a helper in sight. It's natural to feel these emotions but what really matters is what you make of your situation. The life of this world is a place of trials and tribulations and the next life is a place of reward or punishment.

You should ask yourself if you have committed a sin with which Allah is putting you into trials so as to purify you. Ask yourself, is it better that you return to Allah in the hereafter to face hellfire or to return to Allah without a single sin remaining in your account? As I mentioned before you have to run back to Allah because He is your only true Benefactor and none besides Him can ease your affliction. Run, race, hasten and hurry back to Him and seek His aid because Allah never fails in His promises.

O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.

And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient,

Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return":-

They are those on whom (Descend) blessings from Allah, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance.
[2:153-157]

noorseeker
12-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Sometimes you just wana go sleep and never wake up, you think of a reason as to why you want to get up.

You think if you were not here no one will miss you,

But you just have to find that inner strength to get you up and get you through the day.

Having gone through your trials in your life, im sure you will say that they have made you a stronger person.

tango92
12-29-2009, 05:19 PM
can you see the future?

this pain is a trial. for you to rise above all .......... or be pitied by a few?

zakirs
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Ive been through so much in my life that im too mature for people my own age. i dnt trust people and have a very deep, serious and wise look into life. not only that but i look old..like i have permamnent frown marks etc. after what i just went thru, im never gna be able to get out of my issues coz no one is ever gna understand and love me for who i am. i dnt know any people or guys who are as deep as i am. i wont find anyone who understands and apreciates me.

Sister you yourselves say you have gone thru many difficulties and i hope you are strong enough to go through this too. Don't worry about anything else.May be you need to take a holiday and relax ? .

Please be strong we are all with you. Stay there and who knows good fortune might just be around the corner :)

AnonymousPoster
12-31-2009, 08:16 AM
do you ever feel like giving up? do you feel like you cant be strong anymore? how do you overcome this?

abdullah_001
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM

pfft, just use some pain relievers :p

sevgi
12-31-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for their support. But I'm just as bad as before. Keep the prayers coming. I've been listening to surah yusuf as some of you suggested. I just find comfort in listening to quran.

Anonymous poster, yes I do. I don't overcome it. That's why I'm here. I usually pray or when I'm feeling really really down, I lay my prayer mat out, curl up on it and cry to god til Im sleepy enough to sleep. Also, the other day when in intense pain and grief, a dua came to mind as I was begging god to ease the pain. "Rabbi inni messeniyeddurru wa anta erhamurrahimin" Sorry for the spelling. I googled the meaning of this dua later that night and it is the dua Hz. Ayyub made when his illness had brought pain to his heart and tongue. The meaning is "Oh Allah, truly this illness has pained me. You are most merciful."

Ps: The last poster above me. If I was in close proximity to you, I'd come right over and knock you out. Take your silliness elsewhere. It's not welcome here.

zakirs
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Sister :sl:

I'll pray for you at maghrib.Hope ur difficulties vanish as they come.Here are some beautiful Quotes from Quran and hadith that may help you in this times of trail. And cheer up :)

"...Bear with patience whatever befalls you...." (Qur'an 31:17) and "Be not sad, surely Allah is with us." (Qur'an 9:40)

Our Prophet (pbuh) said: "Verily, if Allah loves a people, He makes them go through trials. Whoever is satisfied, for him is contentment, and whoever is angry upon him is wrath." [Tirmidhi]

"So do not become weak, nor be sad..." (Qur'an 3:139)
"And grieve not over them, and be not distressed because of what they plot." (Qur'an 16:127)

And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed..." (Qur'an 5:23)
"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer..." (Qur'an 2:153)

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever Allah wishes good for, He inflicts him (with hardship)." [Bukhari]

"Verily, with hardship there is relief" (Qur'an 94:6)
"Perhaps Allah may bring victory or a decision according to His Will." (Qur'an 5:52)

Truly, He is near when supplicated: He hears when he is called and He answers when He is invoked, so humble yourself before Him and ask of Him sincerely. Repeat His beautiful names, and mention Him alone as worthy of worship. Mention His praises, supplicate to Him: you will find then – by the will of Allah – happiness, peace and illumination. “So Allah gave them the reward of this world and the excellent reward of the Hereafter.” (Qur’an 3:148)

"There is no worthy of worship except Allah, the Ever Forbearing, the Most Great. There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. There is none worthy of worship One Who sustains and protects all that exists, there is none worthy of worship except You, and by Your Mercy do we seek Your aid."
"So be patient, with a good patience..." (Qur'an 70:5)

abdullah_001
01-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Ps: The last poster above me. If I was in close proximity to you, I'd come right over and knock you out. Take your silliness elsewhere. It's not welcome here.

Sister, I do apologize for my previous post as when i posted it I had just read the first post of the topic.

Anyway, InshaAllah I will remember you in my duas, and remember Allah(swt) says in the Qur'an, " Verily, along with every hardship is relief" (5:94)

And Allah(swt) says in the Qur'an:

"O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient." (2:153)

"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere." (2:155)

Be patient sister, and InshaAllah everything will turn out fine.

Hamza Asadullah
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their support. But I'm just as bad as before. Keep the prayers coming. I've been listening to surah yusuf as some of you suggested. I just find comfort in listening to quran.

Anonymous poster, yes I do. I don't overcome it. That's why I'm here. I usually pray or when I'm feeling really really down, I lay my prayer mat out, curl up on it and cry to god til Im sleepy enough to sleep. Also, the other day when in intense pain and grief, a dua came to mind as I was begging god to ease the pain. "Rabbi inni messeniyeddurru wa anta erhamurrahimin" Sorry for the spelling. I googled the meaning of this dua later that night and it is the dua Hz. Ayyub made when his illness had brought pain to his heart and tongue. The meaning is "Oh Allah, truly this illness has pained me. You are most merciful."
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Almighty Allah says in a hadith Qudsi:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

This hadith teaches us the importance of realizing Allahs mercy, having faith and hope in Him especially when making dua, calling to Allah alone for forgiveness, and the importance of repentance in the life and faith of a believer.

Allah catches the attention of mankind by calling out, O son of Adam! This is a call to every human being. Why didnt Allah say, O mankind or O People? The significance of this specific call is because it was the first human being, Adam (alaiyhis-salam) who committed the first sin. Adam was an example to all humans of the consequences of sin and how to turn to Allah for forgiveness of ones sins. This gives hope that even after committing a violation, ones sins can be forgiven if one repents to Allah sincerely the same way that the father of mankind sinned, repented, and was forgiven by Allah.

Allah calls out to His servants, a call of forgiveness, mercy, and compassion. For He knows that man was created weak and is prone to fall into sin. After calling out to mankind, Allah informs them that as long as they call on Him and put their hope in Him, He will forgive them and not mind. This statement alone can convince one to have hope and never to despair.

When one calls out to Allah or makes dua, he is displaying his need and dependence of Allah. He is demonstrating his weakness to the fact that he has no power to do anything for himself. It is the essence of submission and servitude. It is also a recognition of Allahs attributes of kindness, generosity, forgiving and merciful nature, and His unlimited power and knowledge. Humans are never in a situation where they are not in need of Allah. A believer always turns to Allah to ask for guidance as well as to seek forgiveness of sins and shortcomings.

"Tell My servants that I am the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful" (Surat al-Hijr, 49). In fact, He reveals His readiness to forgive:

Anyone who does evil or wrongs himself [or herself] and then asks Allah's forgiveness will find Him Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surat an-Nisa, 110)

Allahs says, Call on me and I will respond to you. One of the most important conditions of making dua is that one must completely trust that Allah will respond. One must also supplicate with sincerity, hope, and seriousness. One must not have any doubt at all on whether Allah will respond to ones call or if He accepts the dua.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said, Supplicate Allah while you are certain of a response. And know that Allah does not respond to a supplication from a heart that is heedless and inattentive. He also forbade that one say, Oh Allah, forgive me if You will. But he said, Instead, you should ask with will and conviction for there is nothing so great to Allah that He cannot grant it.

When supplicating, one should truly seek Allahs aid and His forgiveness and demonstrate his need for Allah and submit to Him with fear and hope in receiving the desired response. Allah advises in Surat al-Araaf 7:56:

And invoke Him in fear and aspiration (of hope). Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good.

Another important condition of supplication is that one must not become hasty and impatient and stop supplicating because he did not receive a response sooner or at all. The Prophet (sallallahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said, You are responded to as long as you do not become hasty and say, I supplicated and it is not being or was not responded to.

And the final condition of ones dua being responded to is that one must make sure he is living off of halal and permissible means.

Allah says, Put your hope in Me. Man was not created sinful, but he was created weak. He is prone to fall into the temptations of sin and the whispers of Satan and when he does, he should always remember to turn to Allah, call upon Him, and ask for forgiveness with hope in His mercy. Allah stated in a Hadithi Qudsi, I am with My servant as He expects of Me.

The meaning of this is that Allah treats His servants the way he expects Him to. If one has hope in Allah and trusts Him, Allah will act accordingly to that servants beliefs and faith. And if he does not have faith and is in despair of his Lords mercy, Allah will act accordingly. Not having hope in Allah and despairing of His mercy is a great sin and an act of kufr. Allah quotes Prophet Yaqoob (alaiyhis-salam) in the Quran:

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Your most ardent enemy is your evil self which resides within your body. If this soul is not checked, it will lead to unusual stress" (Bukhari).

Relieving Stress

Ibn Abbas narrated that Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: "Allah will dispel his worries of one who regularly prays for forgiveness, He will lead him out of trying situations, and grant him earnings from sources he does not anticipate." (Reported in Sunan Abu Dawud. /Medicine of the Prophet pg. 159.)

It is also narrated in the masnad that whenever Allah's Messenger experienced difficulties, he hastened to prayers, remarking that Allah Almighty said: Find strength in exercising patience, and in prayers. (Qur'an 2:45)

Ibn Abbas narrated that Allah's Messenger said: "When overwhelmed with worries and dispiritedness, one should oft-recite: "La Hawla wa la quwatta illah billa" (There is no Might or power except that of Allah.)

This prayer is also authenticated in Bukhari and Muslim to be one of the hidden treasures of jannah. If these prayers do not cause a cure for one's worries, grief, and dispiritedness, it means that one's condition is serious, and requires thorough cleansing of his system through complete purgation or detoxification, followed by sincere repentance and assiduous devotion. The supplication represents 14 kinds of spiritual remedies including:

Recognizing the Oneness of the divine sustaining remedies (Rububiyya); Recognizing the Oneness of the divine controlling attributes (Uluhiyya); Recognizing the 'fait accompli' and the manifest fact of God's supremacy through logical signs, with absolute faith regarding their source;

Acknowledging that Allah Almighty is free from injustice, and that He will never cause His servant any hardships without necessity or reason; Confessing that imperfection and failure are the servant's own;

Imploring Allah Almighty by His divine Names and Attributes, which are revelations His creation must recognize, and among them is the most embracing and comprehensive of attributes: Al-Hayy (The Living) and Al-Quyyum (The Controller) Soliciting only His help;

Confession of the servant that Allah is the only provider that can fulfill one's needs, and that He is the only One to be sought. Confirming one's dependence on Him, relying on Him, and acknowledging that one's destiny is moving according to the divine plan; that He alone has the power to change it ; that what He has decreed is pursuing its course, and that His ordinance is just;

Soliciting the blessing of understanding the divine revelation, living by it, and to recognizing it as the light of one's heart and soul. Through it, one will eschew dubiety, defeat craving, overcome passion and lust, and dispel darkness. Soliciting the blessings of regularly reciting the divine revelation also comforts one's heart, and helps focus one's intention beyond material losses, and attunes one's attachment to what is lasting versus what is ephemeral; Asking forgiveness for one's sins'.

Repenting for one's wrongdoing. Taking the course of prayers to receive guidance; and finally, disclaiming any will or power to effect things, and rightly attributing all will and power to Allah Almighty alone. (Taken from Medicine of the Prophet pages 160-161.)

Allah created human beings and provided each limb of his body with its own balance and perfection. Should the limb sense any imbalance in the standard of its innate excellence, or failure in its natural functions, it will feel pain. Allah also provided the heart, which is king of the boy, with its own balance and perfection. Should the heart become divested, and lose such equilibrium, it will feel pain, suffering, distress, depression, anxiety, and sorrow. Like that, if the eye loses its power of seeing, and the ear loses its power of hearing, and the tongue loses its power of speech, they lose their purpose and become bereft of their perfection.

The heart was created innately to recognize its Creator, love Him, celebrate His praises, glorify His Oneness, feel satisfaction in His presence, rejoice at knowing Him, and to be satisfied with His control and management of everything. The heart was created to be content with its Lord and with His decisions, to trust in Him, to rely of Him, to love what He loves, to hate what He hates, to defend His Name, to love those who defend His Name, and to constantly be mindful of Him, to be filled with Him, and to keep His remembrance. The heart was created to have no greater love than that for its Lord, to find no satisfaction in other than Him, to revere nothing more than Him, and the heart was created to know no joy, comfort, peace, pleasure, or even to feel alive, in other than that. Such knowledge is the needed nourishment the heart requires to exist. Should the heart lack any of such natural nutrients, it will definitely feel sick, and consequently be overwhelmed with worries, sorrow, anxiety, dissatisfaction, burdens, and concerns. It will feel that every calamity is descending upon it, and it becomes a victim and a hostage of their pounding.

The greatest enemies of the heart are: polytheism; sins; and heedlessness; to treat indifferently what Allah Almighty regards as cordial; judging carelessly what He considers important; discounting the knowledge and revelations of one's Creator; loving other than Him; soliciting gratification in other than Him; feeling satisfaction in other than His presence; associating partners to His control and management of the universe; objecting to His decisions; lacking trust in Him; relying on other than Him; loving other than what He loves; desiring what He hates; hating His decree; speaking His Name in vain; associating with those who use His Name blasphemously; being heedless of Him; thinking little of Him; refusing to be reminded of Him; doubting His promise; taking lightly His warnings; seeking joy, comfort, peace, and pleasure in other than His company; and lastly feeling alive in other than Him.

On the authority of Jaabir Ibn ‘Abdullah he said: The Prophet (S) would instruct us to pray for guidance in all of our concerns, just as he would teach us a chapter from the Qur’an. He (S) would say ‘if any of you intends to undertake a matter then let him pray two supererogatory units (two rak’ah naafilah) of prayer and after which he should supplicate:
(i)

‘O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allaah, if You know this affair -and here he mentions his need- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it, and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’

One who seeks guidance from his Creator and consults his fellow believers and then remains firm in his resolve does not regret for Allaah has said:
(ii)

‘…and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allaah…”

Here is a good article from by Velma Cook:

Life is full of pressure. I have to make money to be successful, whatever that means. So often people assess me superficially, not really knowing who I am and how I may have been terribly successful in some areas of my life, but they only see me according to their context; what they want to see. People ask 'How are you?' but don't usually care about the answer. They say 'Have a nice day,' but inwardly couldn't care less.

I have to be tolerant and flexible until I don't have any opinions left. Children must be trained to behave in a certain way so they will be 'acceptable' to society. I am also supposed to discover myself and my potential plus fulfill it or people will say I am oppressed, even though I may be perfectly happy as I am. At the same time I must be on my guard against advertising, brain-washing, political facades or I'll be guilty of being naive. One's spouse is supposed to be completely fulfilled with me or my marriage will break down.

No wonder I feel unsure of myself and often lonely. People say we all need counselors these days. Some therapy to help us through. But how can I spill the beans; tell all my secret insecurities and fears to a complete stranger, who has been trained to have no opinion, no bias, acting like a mirror to all my faults and weaknesses. A face with nothing behind it. It is like you sit and talk to yourself, pay the money and go home. You still feel lonely.

I need someone who thinks and feels like me. Dreams the same kinds of dreams, understands my fears and loves me anyway. Someone who will love me enough to tell me the truth, even if I don't really like it. I need a friend.

It's trendy to have a counselor or therapy nowadays. Why? Have we become obsessed with material possessions to the point that we leave behind the valuable things in life, like family and friends?

Families used to help each other financially. Now we have Social Security. Families used to protect and represent each other, now there are court cases for every trivial matter. A good way of making money out of people's problems, ignorance and misery. Families used to support each other, now we have counseling and therapy from strangers. Nearly everything has become controlled by the government and centralized yet people call the society 'free'.

Families are disintegrating and friends come and go, as we seek the world and all it contains, with a greed that is never satiated. Maybe if we focus on 'real' things, important things, like developing our Iman, deepening our submission to Allah, gaining knowledge and nurturing our families and those around us then, most of our overwhelming problems will simply disappear.

DEPRESSION VS. CONTENTMENT: AN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE

"Verily my prayers, my sacrifices, my life, and my death are for Allah, the Lord of all the worlds." (Holy Qur'an 6:162)

The tides of life sweep many people onto new horizons of hopelessness. Life without Islam leaves the weak in this world vulnerable to misuse and oppression. One of the worst forms of abuse is that which is perpetrated by a trusted person in one's life. And this is the sad scenario of many people throughout the world who have had this sacred trust breached by either family members or close friends of the family. The laws of Allah (swt), the Almighty protect the individual and society. But sadly these laws are too often not known or implemented. Satan, the enemy of man, calls for all that destroys the human being. Why do we find so many victims in the world of today - lost, isolated, whose minds feel constant pain and frustration - an inability to change what has occurred. An inability to wipe away the memories of terror and fear and replace it with peace.

Some issues not only affect the body of the human being but reach far down into the spirit and threaten to touch the delicate balance that coordinates the harmony between the body and the soul. Loss of confidence, feelings of guilt and inability to trust - fear of broken trust, fear of loss, fear of fear...

The state of the heart is the key to the balance of the essence of man and so it is no wonder that the traps of Satan are those which urge the physical desires on to acts that will tamper with and destroy the spirit.

However, Allah (swt), the Almighty tells us that the plans of Satan are weak! What joyous news this is for those who have been held in its dark clutches. For Satan works with illusion, while Allah (swt) is reality. Whatever we fear, cannot harm us for we know that only Allah (swt) is to be feared - for nothing occurs without His guiding hand and He guides to all that is good. He is the One who can turn evil into good.

The evil touch, the memory of betrayal can so easily be replaced with the remembrance that Allah (swt), His light and guidance can lift us far and away - beyond time and space - to a place of peace, where the dismal memories that cloud the mind are dispelled in a puff. The heart finds lightness, grace and wispy breezes of comfort in the words of Allah (swt) - the final message to man, that contains all the knowledge essential for our growth and overcoming of the evil within ourselves and in the world around us.

The victims of the world, have a greater potential for growth than any others. The spirit once touched, is open to light and guidance, softer and more compassionate to the pain of others and inner troubles of the mind stir the individual to walk the steep paths of life and thereby, through their sincerity and efforts find the vast richness of the Mercy of Allah (swt), which extends to the oppressed who with sincerity seek His ever present help.

May Allah (swt) bind the hearts of the victims to Him, that they will never give up in this journey of life. For every single person in this world carries some form of burden, some fear, some care, some disappointment, some loss - but nothing can harm the spirit, which is the essence of man which belongs to Allah (swt) and will return to Him, in the form in which it was molded in this world.

The decision belongs to us. We sink or swim. We strive or give up. But before we choose we must remember that Allah (swt) promises not to give us more than we can bear if we sincerely strive to follow His way, trusting in Him. Alone we will surely destroy ourselves, but with His ever Merciful help, nothing - absolutely nothing is impossible!

Allah (swt) burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. Above all, prayer and remembrance of Allah (swt) brings peace to the troubled mind and contains the only sure cure for the heart that cannot find peace. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us."

In summary, here is a list of what Muslims can do to counteract the effects of stress:

1. Increase dhikr (remembrance of Allah): "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction (Qur'an, 13:28).

2. Increase prayers: "O you who believe! Seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely, Allah is with the patient (Qur'an, 2:153). "Regardless of the type of meditation, recent studies have verified the physiological effects of meditation. Most of those mediations consist in focusing on something, repeating some words and breathing (Greenberg, p.142, 143).

3. Perform ablutions: The most important component of relaxation is what Hans Loehr calls "the rituals of success." These rituals may be as simple as making ablution; yet, they must be performed properly for it is not enough to pass water on the body parts - those parts must be massed.

4. Ask for forgiveness: Even if a person has not done anything wrong, he must insure the forgiveness of Allah. "Then I said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord; surely, He is the most Forgiving'" (Qur'an, 71:10).

5. Recite the Qur'an: The Prophet (SAW) said, "… Qur'an is a remedy for illnesses of the mind" (Bukhari). "The echo of sound has a medical effect and is now widely utilized," says Dr. Greenberg. "The recitation of or listening to the Qur'an has an effect on the body, the heart and the mind! It is said that the letter Alif echoes to the heart and the letter Ya' to the pineal gland in the brain.

Dr Ahmed El Kadi of Akber Clinic (Panama City, FL) conducted and published the effects of listening to Qur'anic recitation on physiological parameters (i.e., the heart, blood pressure, and muscle tension), and reported improvement in all factors, irrespective of whether the listener was a Muslim or a non-Muslim, Arab or non-Arab. Obviously, it can be postulated that those who understand and enjoy the recitation with a belief in it will get maximum benefits," writes Dr Athar.

6. Make the hereafter one's main concern: "Whoever has the hereafter as his main concern, Allah will fill his heart with a feeling of richness and independence; he will be focused and feel content, and this world will come to him in spite of it. Whoever has this world as his main concern, Allah will cause him to feel constant fear of poverty; he will be distracted and unfocused, and he will have nothing of this world except what was already predestined for him," said the Prophet (SAW). One of the greatest causes of stress is money - how to pay the loans, whether one's job will be lost, what will happen to the family if the father dies, etc.

7. Think positively: Muslims should forget about the bad things of the past and think of good things, always having hope that he can be better. Trying to change the past is a foolish and crazy waste of time, "for saying 'if only…' opens the way to Shaytan" said the Prophet (SAW). The Prophet (SAW) also said, " Know that victory (achievement) comes through patience, and that ease comes through hardship."

Muslims understand that there's no reason for panic in the case of crisis - no reason to be distressed or worried for we know that after hardship come ease!

8. Do not waste time on thoughts of fear or stress: "The search of time is one of the most frequent causes of stress" (Seyle, p.102). Laziness is the mother of all evils, and the Prophet (SAW) used to seek refuge in Allah from it. Understanding that this life is short and time precious, Muslims should try to work hard and pursue worthy knowledge (Munajjid).

In conclusion, a surprisingly effective remedy for stress is to "remember death". The Prophet (SAW) said, "Remember frequently the one who will destroy all your pleasures - death! For there is no one who remembers death when in straitened circumstances, but his situation will become easier…"

My sister forcus on building your life in the hereafter for it is forever and this world is only a short few hours in comparison and can end at ANY second!

Please write this down and go over it whenever you feel down or depressed:

"I have no time to be down or depressed in this life because whatever will happen in life will happen and I have no control over it for everything happens from the will of Allah alone. I have to try and make the best of EVERY second of my own life because my life in this world can end at ANYSECOND!

So I need to do as much good as possible and try my best to please Allah as much as I can otherwise I will regret it forever! There is no time or need for me to be down or depressed because I rely on Allah for EVERYTHING and I depend on him and put my hopes and trust in him and I put my FULL FAITH in him because he created me and NOTHING will happen to me without his will so I’m FULLY reliant on Allah!"

Please watch these very beneficial short clips:

Islam - Way out of Depression 1-1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TZuH8N9MC70

Islam - Way out of Depression 2-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHHjvov25VE

Don't be sad my Muslim Brothers and Sisters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KOjsZwKso

Hamza Asadullah
01-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Natural Cures for Depression

By Karima Burns, MH, ND

28/03/2001

Natural cures for depression succeed largely because they "dig deep" for the actual source of the problem and then try to "uproot it." As outlined in the article, "Natural Causes of Depression," some of the most common causes of depression are lack of sleep, lack of B vitamins in the diet, poor dietary habits, lack of exercise and poor spiritual health. Natural methods can be used to address these problems. In general, one can say that there are eight steps to curing depression naturally.

I. Sleep more and drink more water. In my personal experiences with clients, I am amazed how often this simple therapy will cure almost anything. Most of the time I find people do not even need to go further than this step. In "Your Body's Many Cries for Water," Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, MD, describes how chronic dehydration can cause numerous diseases by crippling the "transportation system" of important enzymes and hormones. When these enzymes and hormones cannot reach the organs they need to reach, many diseases result. When these nutrients cannot reach the brain, depression and other mental disorders result. In one of his studies, there was a 30% improvement in Alzheimer's patients after adding just three extra glasses of water a day to their diet. Many people find that, by sleeping eight hours and drinking eight glasses of water a day, their depression is alleviated.

II. Break the cycle. Sometimes taking a medication or an herb or even using aromatherapy can provide a catalyst to a lasting solution. Essential Oils commonly used in depression are: clary sage, lavender, bergamot, sandalwood, rose, neroli, geranium, and lemon. In The Fragrant Mind, Valerie Ann Worwood offers a list of formulas for mixing combinations of oils for everything from weepy to hysterical depression. Some of these oils are even internationally famous for their effects - Bergamot essential oil is in real Earl Grey Tea and Sandalwood is used in Sudanese marriage ceremonies to assure a happy bride!

The herb, myrrh, can be burned, or a half-teaspoon of powdered myrrh can be added to a glass of boiled water and drank (once cooled) twice a day to chase away depression. Borage is the herb used by Native Americans to treat depression caused by a loss "when the heart is weeping with sorrow." Lemon balm, linden (lime blossom), basil, skullcap, St. John's Wort, and aloe vera are also effective herbs for depression.

Bach Flower Remedies can also be used for depression. The most common ones are gorse (for hopelessness), willow (for bitter resentment), and sweet chestnut (for deep despair).

III. Do a health fast or detoxification program. Bernard Jensen, in his book The Guide to Better Colon Care, states that clogged and toxic laden intestines can store toxic feelings and that the liver can also store many negative emotions. The Chinese use the herb buplerum to release emotional toxins as well as physical ones from the liver. Bernard Jensen finds that a physical detoxification often goes hand-in-hand with an emotional detoxification as a person undergoing a cleansing program will often emerge better able to deal with their relationships and life. There are many cleanses available in books or from natural therapists. A cleanse can last anywhere from one to twenty-one days.

IV. Exercise is one of the most popular anti-depressants on the market.

V. Evaluate your environment. If your depression is effected by allergies, lack of sunlight, or other environmental factors, you need to work on eliminating these problems. It is recommended to work and live in spaces that provide adequate sunlight and exposure to nature (through indoor plants) as well as to get at least eight hours of sleep a night. Activities such as nature hiking and gardening are very anti-depressant. We should seek out more sun in the winter months as seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can afflict us in the dark months of the year and cause or mimic depression. Please see this week's article by Hwaa Irfan on Light.

VI. Explore how your "type" deals with depression to give you an idea about how to proceed (See this week's "Temperamental Depression" article by Karima Burns).

VII. Evaluate your diet: B6 (found in leafy greens, fish, poultry, and whole grains) helps elevate serotonin levels. Beans and greens are highest in B6, and a half-cup of chickpeas provides one third of its USRDA. Selenium is provided amply in fish like tuna. Sources of B-vitamins and folic acid include egg yolks, legumes, whole grains, yogurt, clams, kidney, liver, seafood, vegetables, Brewer's yeast (non-alcoholic beer has this), mackerel, clams, and green leafy vegetables. Herbs like alfalfa, catnip, chamomile, ginseng, fennel seeds, nettles, oat straw and peppermint are high in B vitamins. White flour depletes B vitamins.

Whatever sources you use for your cure, be sure to take any herbs or supplements for at least six weeks before deciding that they are not "working." Many times, with chronic conditions, an herb will work so slowly you will not notice its effects. Do a "check in" now and then; in four to six weeks, you should see a difference.

VIII. Work on the spiritual aspect of your depression. Just as with vitamins and herbs, spiritual cures may take time to heal. Many Muslim scholars have given us tips on how to deal with depression and guidelines on how we can renew our spiritual life.

The Medicine of the Prophet recommends (and explains) these steps for those needing a spiritual cure for depression:

1.Acknowledge that God is free from injustice and that He would not cause any hardships without a reason.

2. Confess that any imperfection and failure are one's own. Putting the blame on others is worthless. "Everything good that happens to you (O Man) is from God; everything bad that happens to you is from your own actions" (Qur'an 4:79).

3. Solicit God's help through prayer and supplication. Rather than asking, "Remove me from this despair (as if you are a victim), instead ask, "Help me find the source of this despair so it can be removed and I may be a better person." Ibn Abass narrated that God's messenger said, "When one is overwhelmed with worries or dispiritedness, one should oft-recite: There is no will or power except Allah."

4. Confirm your dependence on Allah and that you move according to divine plan. "And if God touches thee with affliction, none can remove it but He: if He touches thee with happiness, He has power over all things" (Qur'an 6:17).

5. Strive to live according to the Qur'an and Hadith every moment of every day - not just during in prayers or while in the mosque.

6. Ask forgiveness for your sins and repent your wrongdoing. A Hadith says to recite, "Lord, I seek refuge in You from distress and cowardice. I seek refuge from weakness and procrastination, from stinginess and cowardice. I seek refuge in You from indebtedness and from subjugation to people's inequity."

Hamza Asadullah
01-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, know that Allah tests those he wants goodness for and those he wants close to him.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "When Allah desires good for someone, He tries him with hardships." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri and Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No tiredness, exhaustion, worry, grief, distress or harm befalls a believer in this world, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah expiates some of his sins thereby.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5318 and Muslim, 2573.

I recommend to you some remedies and du’aa’s that are prescribed in sharee’ah. Remedies include the following:

1 – Honey. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you).” There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think”

[al-Nahl 16:69]

2 – Indian aloes wood (al-‘ood al-hindi).

It was narrated that Umm Qays bint Muhsin said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “You should use Indian aloes wood for in it are seven cures.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5368; Muslim, 287.

3 – Cupping

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was treated with cupping when he was in a state of ihraam on his head for a migraine that he was suffering.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5374; Muslim, 1202.

What is hijaamah (cupping) and how do you perform it?

http://www.fatwa.org.za/documents/Me...slam%20Q&A.htm

Click here for some Hijamah clinics in the UK:

http://www.hijamahuk.com/

Al-Bukhari included it in a chapter which he called: Chapter on cupping for migraines and headaches.

4 – Black seed

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “In the black seed is healing for every disease except death.”

Go to any Islamic shop and you can get black seed oil very easily and take it as instructed.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5364; Muslim, 2215.

5 - With regard to the du’aa’s which we recommend to you, we will mention some du’aa’s from the saheeh Sunnah:

1 – It was narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas that he complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a pain in his body that he had suffered from the time he became Muslim. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Put your hand on the part of the body that hurts and say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) three times. And say seven times: A’oodhu Billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajid wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge in Allaah and His power from the evil of what I feel and worry about).”

Narrated by Muslim, 2202.

2 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to a sick person or a sick person was brought to him, he would say: “Adhhib al-ba’s Rabb an-naas, wa’shfi anta al-Shaafi, laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’an laa yughaadir saqaman (Take away the pain, O Lord of mankind, and grant healing, for You are the Healer, and there is no healing but Your healing that leaves no trace of sickness).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5351, Muslim, 2191.

You should also recite al-Faatihah and al-Mu’awwidhaat, and in the whole Qur’aan there is healing, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) nothing but loss”

[al-Isra’ 17:82]

3 – It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that some of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to one of the Arab tribes. They asked them for hospitality but they refused to welcome them. Whilst they were like that, the chief of that tribe was stung. They said: ‘Do you have any remedy or someone who can recite ruqyah?’ They said: ‘You did not offer us hospitality, so we will not do anything until you give us something in return.’ Then they agreed upon a flock of sheep. Then he started to recite the Essence of the Qur’aan – i.e., Soorat al-Faatihah – and he collected his saliva and spat at him (at the site of the injury), and he recovered. The sheep were brought and they (the companions) said: We will not take them until we ask the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). So they asked him and he smiled and said: “How did you know that it is a ruqyah? Take them and give me a share of them.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5404; Muslim, 2201.

4 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recite al-mu’aawidhaat and blow over himself during his final illness, and when he became too ill (to do that), I used to recite them and blow over him and wipe his hand on him for blessing.

Mu’ammar said: I asked al-Zuhri how he used to blow and he said: He used to blow on his hands then wipe his face with them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5403; Muslim, 2192.

But as there is no contradiction between using permissible physical medicines as prescribed by doctors and using spiritual medicines such as ruqyah and seeking refuge with Allaah and other du’aa’s that are proven in sound reports, the two may be combined, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did. It was proven that he used both kinds of treatment, and he said, “Strive to pursue that which will benefit you and seek refuge with Allaah, and do not feel helpless.” And he said: “Seek treatment, O slaves of Allaah, but do not seek treatment with things which are haraam.”

Remember everything happens from the will of Allah so whatever dua or method you use to cure your illness or ailment then bare in mind that ONLY Allah can cure anything.

Allah mentions in the Qur'an:

“Indeed Allah is with those who are patient.”

If one is patient, and is among the ones described in the following manner in the Qur’an (Baqarah, 2: 256)

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihee Raaji'oon

“To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return”:-

The Reward for Patience is Paradise

‘Ata ibn Rabah related that he heard Ibn ‘Abbas say:

“Shall I show you a woman of Paradise?” I said: “Yes, indeed.” He said: “A black woman came to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and said: ‘I suffer from epileptic fits, and because of these, (at times) my body becomes uncovered. Would you invoke Allah, the Exalted One, to cure me of this disease? ‘ The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: ‘If you wish, you can be patient and you will attain Paradise (for this suffering). But if you prefer, I will pray to Allah, the Exalted, to cure you of it?’ The woman said: ‘I will be patient,’ then added: ‘I become uncovered (when I have fits), so invoke Allah for me that I do not become uncovered. ‘ So the Prophet, peace be upon him, prayed for her.” [Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #1a]

So tests and calamitys are a blessing in disguise and Allah wanting us to get closer to him so if we bare with in with Patience hoping for reward then Allah is with us and best of all we will get closer to Allah and feel true contentment and happiness in the heart and we will attain Paradise inshallah!

May Allaah heal you and grant you good health. Ameen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-02-2010, 08:00 PM

There are three things which you should start doing immediately if you don't already do them on a regular basis.

#1 - al-Istighfar - Seeking forgiveness from Allaah

al-Istighfar is the key to receiving much good in this dunya and the Hereafter. Every Prophet advised his people after calling them to the Tawheed of Allaah to do al-istighfar. Allaah says:
{And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver. He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers. And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.}Nooh; 10-12

{He said, "O my people, why are you impatient for evil instead of good? Why do you not seek forgiveness of Allah that you may receive mercy?"}an-Naml; 46

{and Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness.} al-Anfal; 33

{And [saying], "Seek forgiveness of your Lord and repent to Him, [and] He will let you enjoy a good provision for a specified term and give every doer of favor his favor. But if you turn away, then indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a great Day.}Hud; 3

{And O my people, ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him. He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in showers and increase you in strength [added] to your strength. And do not turn away, [being] criminals."} Hud; 52
Ibn Qayyim (rahimullah) explains the benefit of al-Istighfar by saying: "The essence of istighfar (seeking forgiveness) is that it earns one the prevention from the evil of the sin." (al-Madarij)

Sh. Abu Eesa further explains this by saying:
Istighfār as an act of seeking forgiveness is the beseeching of Allah to cover that sin in this world (linked to its Arabic root verb ghaffara غَفَّرَ which means to cover, and where the ghufrah غفرةis a cover itself) and to not make that sin public.

But more than just covering, it also entails a complete removal of that sin and a protection of the evil that may occur from that past sin, both in the dunya and the Ākhirah, so as to not be held accountable for that action on Judgment Day.

As Ibn al-Qayyim mentioned in the Madārij, Allah jalla wa ‘alā covers the sins of many people who don’t make Istighfār, so when one does actually seek forgiveness they are being more conscious of the enormity of that action, and the evil consequences that may occur. Consider that the helmet is called a Mighfar مِغفَر as opposed to just a hat or a turban because it does both the job of covering and protecting the head.
Shaddad bin Aus (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said, “The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is:

O Allaah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am You servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.

The Prophet (saw) added. “If somebody recites this invocation during the night, and if he should die then, he will go to Paradise (or he will be from the people of Paradise). And if he recites it in the morning, and if he should die on the same day, he will have the same fate.”
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75

We all sin, and we tend to forget that the hardships that are afflicting us are a direct result of the evil we earned by committing those sins. Sins have an effect as is well known, and eventually if they become numerous they can cover and seal the heart and cause it to die. Yet we're not free of sins, we do it all the time and the cure to it is to always seek forgiveness from Allaah. The Prophet (saw) said: "Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best of sinners are those who repent constantly." So this is step number one - seek forgiveness from Allaah (istighfar) and turn to Him in repentance (tawbah). A pretty awesome explanation of the two is found here:
http://alternativeentertainment.word...ar-and-tawbah/

This leads to:

#2 - Duaa' - Supplication
{And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.} Ghafir; 60
{And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.} al-Baqarah 186
I have already provided the dua' of seeking forgiveness above. One of the other dua' mentioned in the sunnah of the Messenger (saw) is the following:

O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.

Regarding this, it narrated By Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (RA):

One day the Messenger of Allah (SA) entered the mosque. He saw there a man from the Ansar (a resident of Madinah) called Abu Umamah and said to him: “What is the matter that I am seeing you sitting in the mosque when there is no time of prayer?”

Abu Umamah said: “I am entangled in sorrow and debts”

The Prophet Muhammad (SA) replied: “Shall I not teach you words by which, when you say them, Allah will remove your sorrow, and settle your debts?”

Abu Umamah said: “Yes, Messenger of Allah”

The Prophet Muhammad (SA) said: “Say in the morning and evening: “O Allah! I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and miserliness, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by (other) men.”

Abu Umamah said: “When I did that Allah removed my distress and settled my debt.” [Abu Dawood]
#3 - Dhikr - Remembrance
{And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."} Ta-Ha 125

{Those who believe, and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.} ar-Ra'd; 28

{Satan has overcome them and made them forget the remembrance of Allah. Those are the party of Satan. Unquestionably, the party of Satan - they will be the losers.} al-Mujadilah; 19

{Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allah , but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allah except a little,}an-Nisaa' 142

{Say, "Who can protect you at night or by day from the Most Merciful?" But they are, from the remembrance of their Lord, turning away.} al-'Anbiya 42

{...and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.} al-Kahf 28
Our souls need nutrition just as or bodies need nutrition - it's nutrition is the dhikr of Allaah. These ayaat show clearly that remembrance of Allaah is the key to the life of the heart because the ones whose hearts have turned away from the dhikr of Allaah are those whose hearts are either diseased (the hypocrites) or the those whose hearts are dead (the disbelievers). Subhanallaah, the Qur'aan gives life to the heart and it is the only thing that truly does that. So many people try to find repose in music or other trivial entertainments yet they don't realize that they are in fact killing their heart and depriving it of the chance of life. It has been said: "Whoever wishes to kill his heart, then let him listen to music."

The greatest dhikr is reciting/listening to the Qur'aan, reflecting on it's verses. Along with that, there are certain adhkaar that were taught to us by the Messenger (saw) of the mornings and evenings which we ought to make it a habit to say. You can find them here:
http://makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=27

Besides this, there are a lot more that are found in the sunnah. Dhikr can also be just reflecting on the signs of Allaah in the creation, by saying it on the tongue and more.

If you follow this three step plan, then I pray that Allaah will create ease for you and grant you peace in your heart. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.