/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Debt and Marriage

major_zero
12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Salam-u-Alaikum.

I have a simple question. I am a third year university student and so far accumalated debt as a result from taking a school loan. I realize the severity of this situation I am in and I know that this can lead to possible future interest and other sins.

However, marriage is encouraged in Islam. Since I have one more year left at school, should I at least wait until I graduate or pay of the debt.

Your advise (from an Islamic standpoint) would be greatly appreciated . Please refrain from giving any advise that is based on your own opinion.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
12-28-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by major_zero
Salam-u-Alaikum.

I have a simple question. I am a third year university student and so far accumalated debt as a result from taking a school loan. I realize the severity of this situation I am in and I know that this can lead to possible future interest and other sins.

However, marriage is encouraged in Islam. Since I have one more year left at school, should I at least wait until I graduate or pay of the debt.

Your advise (from an Islamic standpoint) would be greatly appreciated . Please refrain from giving any advise that is based on your own opinion.

Thank you.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, since Islam discourages usury(Interest) as it is seen as a war against Allah, it would be far better to pay it off now than to accumalate more and more interest and end up having to pay much more interest than if you had paid it off earlier. Clear the debt as quickly as possible brother because death can come at any second and we should be debt free when we die. Ask of Allah to help you clear your debts and to find you the means to marry as soon as you finish education inshallah.

major_zero
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Jazakalluh khayr

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
i'll be -9,000 pounds in 2 years and it will be very very hard to earn dowry money my friend may allah strengthen him works from 10 pm to 6 am and still attends the morning classes at uni, just to get the mahr as he is getting married in the summer

gotta work hard to get the queen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i'll be -9,000 pounds in 2 years and it will be very very hard to earn dowry money my friend may allah strengthen him works from 10 pm to 6 am and still attends the morning classes at uni, just to get the mahr as he is getting married in the summer

gotta work hard to get the queen
And work even harder after you get the queen;D

noorseeker
12-29-2009, 08:04 PM
yeah the queen gonna want looking after

zakirs
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Salaam ,

Brother i would also suggest paying off the debt before marrying.. Get a job work hard pay of the debt and then start saving :).

Cabdullahi
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
i shall pamper the queen inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.