/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is better ?

AnonymousPoster
12-28-2009, 09:08 PM
I want peoples suggestion on this.

Which is better a christian wife who does not want to know or talk about Allah and who wants to raise the kids as christian.

or getting married to a new revert to islam who already has a kid ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM
:sl:

only you can best assess this situation, but if it were me, I'd opt for a Muslim!

:w:

AlHoda
12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
If you are a muslim, you surely should choose the second one.:D

GuestFellow
12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Second one. =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
12-28-2009, 09:51 PM
second one !!!!!!!!

Raaina
12-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Depends who you think you will be happiest with. :)

Alpha Dude
12-29-2009, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Depends who you think you will be happiest with. :)
Yes, that is true, but the primary goal should be religiosity. It would be better for him to get a religion oriented person who will guide him and his children to be better muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Which is better a christian wife who does not want to know or talk about Allah and who wants to raise the kids as christian.

second. i'd be worried about the kids more then the marriage to a non-muslim.

cat eyes
12-29-2009, 12:36 AM

I Would say the second one but don't rush it!

get to know her with mahram present.. see if the two of you are compatible don't marry her just for the simple reason she is also muslim. i believe you are also a revert. revert muslims usually rush into marriage with the wrong person coz there not sure what to look out for.

make sure she is practicing the deen.. and you are over all happy with her and she makes you happy! thats very important

KittenLover
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Go with the second 1 and look after her child and get rewarded from Allah by looking after her and her child.

Think of all the reward you'll get by taking care of her child imagine on the day of judgement how beneficial it will be 2 you that you looked after some 1 elses child.

don't just think of this life, think of the after life too, choose the best 1 for your after life.

choose the 1 that would be a good mother to your children. choose the 1 that will bring you lots of hasanaat.

it's clearly the revert with a child, you could be there for that child and be a role model for him.

Imagine on the day of judgement coming forth with that subhanallah :)

Vito
12-29-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't mean to make assumption and judgment calls on anyone but this is how I see it.

Situation A: Marry the Christian lady who sounds like she is a controlling and close minded person and who also wants nothing to do with your religion or your beliefs. On top of that, she wants her future kids to have no part in what you believe as well. Being the only Muslim in the house, this will not only make it harder for you to practice the religion but, you might eventually lose your imaan due to being surrounded by people who are not Muslim. I'm not sure how someone would be 'happy' in a situation like that to be honest.

Situation B: Marry a Muslim convert and not only will you be able to practice your religion together but, you will be able to teach and learn from each other. And of course by marrying a Muslim, you would avoid everything in Situation A.

I just want to let you know that I'm not speaking from experience but again, that is just how I see it.

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Well thats an easy one..........neither!

Option "C" sounds better......start off fresh with no baggage with A Muslim who shares the same beliefs, so you are not unequally yoked in a doomed marriage.

And then there's option "D"......yup....an option "D".....Stay single for awhile....I know, weird right? You should focus on your faith first, thennnnnnn you can find a partner:D

God be with you!.....and me.

KittenLover
12-29-2009, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Well thats an easy one..........neither!

Option "C" sounds better......start off fresh with no baggage with A Muslim who shares the same beliefs, so you are not unequally yoked in a doomed marriage.

And then there's option "D"......yup....an option "D".....Stay single for awhile....I know, weird right? You should focus on your faith first, thennnnnnn you can find a partner:D

God be with you!.....and me.
but think of all the great reward he would get in his book of deeds if he took on the women with baggage whom every man forgets about cos he doesn't wanna take care of another mans son.

he could get alot of good deeds and rewards recordeded in his book for the day of reckoning.

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
but think of all the great reward he would get in his book of deeds if he took on the women with baggage whom every man forgets about cos he doesn't wanna take care of another mans son.

he could get alot of good deeds and rewards recordeded in his book for the day of reckoning.
Oh no sister, I totaly agree! This would be a great thing indeed:D

I just figured i would give another option or 2.

God be with you.

dovelove
12-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Marry the religious woman over the non religious woman is the sunnah of the Prophet saas. And the one- marry the fertile lady.......

The muslim will bring the child up in Islam rather than someone not interested and bring children up as christian, please +o( could drive you potty or take any children u have with them away under some laws.

Marriage is half the emaan so u need someone with emaan is very very vitally important if your a muslim.

And good deeds look after (sponsor/ feed/ provide for) child too, and help revert with religion, good deeds, baggage dont matter if they commited to Islam.

Islaam Islaam Islaam, is the best, someone who does not like like 2 hear the truth would be like hard work for sure.

* my opinion, never marry someone who associate partners to Allah, or wont accept the truth never, never ever :omg:

Insecured soul
12-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Salaam alaikum

second one

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Umm we're supposed to raise the kids as Muslims. If you had a Christian wife, she'd have to agree to them being Muslim...so that is an automatic no.

The revert is a Muslim and the kid part should not be a problem. The best thing to have is a Muslim spouse and child raised as a Muslim, not the first option.

Beardo
12-29-2009, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Umm we're supposed to raise the kids as Muslims. If you had a Christian wife, she'd have to agree to them being Muslim...so that is an automatic no.

The revert is a Muslim and the kid part should not be a problem. The best thing to have is a Muslim spouse and child raised as a Muslim, not the first option.

^ I was thinking similarly.

But don't short change yourself. Keep looking. If you were to ask me between the two, I'd say the second one though. But at the same time, I do not know your situation and all... Marriage is a serious issue. Not like clothes, where you can keep changing them.

~TwinklingStar~
12-29-2009, 06:36 AM
The Muslim , ofcourse . Deen should always be the first priority for a Muslim . Everything else should come later.

Like Allah says in the Qur'an - Even a Muslim slave (man or woman) is better for you to marry than a Mushrik or a Mushrika.

Beats me why a Muslims even needs to consider a Kaafir to spend the rest of hisr/her life with & to have children with him/her .

Mr.President
12-29-2009, 07:31 AM

hi ano

definitely the new muslimah

also read this
Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, her status, her beauty and her religion; so try to get one who is religious, may your hand be besmeared with dust (may you enjoy welfare).
http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Dis...ang=eng&ID=831

noorseeker
12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
the second one

tango92
12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
quran 2:221 Wed not idolatresses till they believe; for lo! a believing bondwoman is better than an idolatress though she please you; and give not your daughters in marriage to idolaters till they believe, for lo! a believing slave is better than an idolater though he please you. These invite unto the Fire, and Allah inviteth unto the Garden, and unto forgiveness by His grace, and expoundeth His revelations to mankind that haply they may remember.

so i say 2nd option.

harrus
12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
follow your heart :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!