/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this?

Alphadude
12-29-2009, 01:24 AM
what do you think about this found this some were on the net

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't get it....science is not my strong point.

Rasema2
12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
:sl:
Just looking at the images, I'm against it. I can give you some good sites brother. Just ask.

Vito
12-29-2009, 01:44 AM
It works the same with regular fluorescent lights (the type you usually see in commercial buildings). This is why in the networking field (among others as well I'm sure), we avoid setting up cables and other devices wherever there are fluorescent lights. Fluorescent bulbs are a lot more efficient than the conventional bulbs and they also don't give off as much heat which is why a lot of places encourage you to use them. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to hurt people.. Even though fluorescent lights always have done this, he probably just found out about it and maybe it made him paranoid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
LOL, people put too much into stupid things;D

I am an electrical engineer and an electrical contractor.

These are nothing but little florescant lamps(bulbs) that you can screw into an ordinary fixture.

Florescant lamps are filled with gas in which is ignited upon a switch being turned on.....so they do not make any signals.....the transfomers can make magnetic feilds around them .....but that is rare.

The scariest thing about these florescants is that......you can't put dimmer switches on them:omg: OMG!! ....well you can but its really expensive.

I recomend going with LED when possible, they cost more , but put out a better quallity of light and last up too 50 years!

Alphadude
12-29-2009, 03:57 AM
none of you have any proof do you u? but the people who tested the light bulbs do and the did an experiment so why do you still deny it?

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
none of you have any proof do you u? but the people who tested the light bulbs do and the did an experiment so why do you still deny it?
Wel i do know that the gases and chemicals in the long tube bulbs can cause cancer, if you are exposed to broken bulbs(the stuff inside) always dipose of them properly.

Alphadude
12-29-2009, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Wel i do know that the gases and chemicals in the long tube bulbs can cause cancer, if you are exposed to broken bulbs(the stuff inside) always dipose of them properly.
first of all this is not about the gases that causes cancer its about the brain thingy so lets stick to that+o(

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 04:21 AM
first of all this is not about the gases that causes cancer its about the brain thingy so lets stick to that+o(
oh ok .....There is no brain thingy........It's all in YOUR head.

Vito
12-29-2009, 04:26 AM

Someone who "immediately" gets a headache and gets nauseous by turning one of these things on isn't exactly what I would consider a test. I have several of these installed in my house and the only way I see myself getting a headache from them is if I physically smash them against my head. Please read the link below.

http://www.gelighting.com/na/home_li...htm#difference

Can compact fluorescent bulbs create interference with electronic equipment, such as radios?
Many electronic devices, such as radios, televisions, wireless telephones, and remote controls, use infrared light to transmit signals. Infrequently, these types of electronic devices accidentally interpret the infrared light coming from a compact fluorescent bulb as a signal, causing the electronic device to temporarily malfunction or stop working. (For example, your television might suddenly change channels.) Fortunately, this only happens when light is produced at the same wavelength as the electronic device signals, which is rare.

To reduce the chance of interference, avoid placing compact fluorescent bulbs near these kinds of electronic devices. If interference occurs, move the bulb away from the electronic device, or plug either the light fixture or the electronic device into a different outlet.
There are much more important health hazards out there to be concerned about. Hope that helps.

Italianguy
12-29-2009, 04:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
Someone who "immediately" gets a headache and gets nauseous by turning one of these things on isn't exactly what I would consider a test. I have several of these installed in my house and the only way I see myself getting a headache from them is if I physically smash them against my head. Please read the link below.

LOL;D
http://www.gelighting.com/na/home_li...htm#difference

There are much more important health hazards out there to be concerned about. Hope that helps.

Thats the truth!

sister herb
12-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Whose are those "people who tested the light bulbs" then? In your post is mention about "UFO group people"? If them, then they have got they information from some scienticly higher civilization from the outer space...

:skeleton:

waqas maqsood
12-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm changing all of my eco-bulbs.. Better be safe than sorry..

Rafeeq
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Better change, if some one will say those bulb are also unsafe, what will you do, will you start fire wood again as in past human did?

Italianguy
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Dude.......your fine...don't throw away all that money, because a bunch of potheads said lightbulbs are going to destroy the earth;D.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Geeekifiedd!!!!!!!!

waqas maqsood
12-31-2009, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Better change, if some one will say those bulb are also unsafe, what will you do, will you start fire wood again as in past human did?
Dude, look what happened with burning natural resources..GLOBAL WARMING.. Sometime the old way is the best way.. If it comes to start burning wood.. I'll do that

Italianguy
12-31-2009, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Geeekifiedd!!!!!!!!
"True Dat"

U so geeky;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!