/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to plastic bottles

syilla
12-29-2009, 05:26 AM
:salamext:

http://news.icm.ac.uk/science/plasti...chemicals/265/

Have you got rid of your polycarbonate bottles?

So, if you have can you share what drinking bottles that you are using?

i'ven't get rid of mine yet... and most of my bottles are plastics. :hmm: It is such a dillema especially when you love to drink plain water. :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-29-2009, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

http://news.icm.ac.uk/science/plasti...chemicals/265/

Have you got rid of your polycarbonate bottles?

So, if you have can you share what drinking bottles that you are using?

i'ven't get rid of mine yet... and most of my bottles are plastics. :hmm: It is such a dillema especially when you love to drink plain water. :hmm:
Hmm... I typically stick to my glass glasses.... Hmm..

I used to drink from a straw, but I stopped that bad habit. Now I only use it at restaurants when I don't feel right putting my lips on those public glasses...

OurIslamic
12-29-2009, 06:05 AM
How's drinking from a straw a bad habit?

syilla
12-29-2009, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Hmm... I typically stick to my glass glasses.... Hmm..

I used to drink from a straw, but I stopped that bad habit. Now I only use it at restaurants when I don't feel right putting my lips on those public glasses...
and how do you bring your homemade plain water to school? :p

format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
How's drinking from a straw a bad habit?
is because of the plastic thingy :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
12-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I drink these when I'm not home

I drink a lot of water though, and therefore waste a lot of bottles, making me feel guilty, especially if there's nowhere to recycle them. I used to reuse them but I've heard that is unhealthy, that they're only meant for one time use.

I tried using stainless steel bottles like these for a while, but eventually stopped.

The bottle was too heavy to carry around all day, and since it was thick for insulation, although it looked the same size as the other bottles, held less water. I'd finish the water I'd brought with me in an hour or two and end up having to buy the disposable plastic bottles again.

syilla
12-30-2009, 01:45 AM
^^^ i was interested in that bottle too...but somehow i think i've used ones...and it does have bad smell after you have use it for some time...and i think i've throw it away :hiding:

I just don't know how to replace the plastic bottles...especially those thick ones... If we throw it away wouldn't that be not good for the environment?

syilla
12-30-2009, 01:47 AM
^^^ i was interested in that bottle too...but somehow i think i've used ones...and it does have bad smell after you have use it for some time...and i think i've throw it away :hiding:

I just don't know how to replace the plastic bottles...especially those thick ones... If we throw it away wouldn't that not be good for the environment? :hmm:

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 05:09 AM
i have not read the article but is it really worth it to stop using plastic bottles? We are still living in a world full of carcinogens .... how would stopping one source of carcinogens decrease our chances of getting cancer when we are overwhelmed by these mutagens every single second of our life .... these recommendations by some scientists sitting in Ivory Towers while flaunting their accomplishments and discoveries just beat me.

Snowflake
12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I sterilize 'reusable' drinks containers with milton sterilising tablets. Problem solved.

Abdul Fattah
12-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Selam aleykum
If I understand correctly, the plastic only releases the harmful chemicals when in contact with hot boiling water? Well if you need to wash bottles then just use warm water instead of boiling hot, and use soap and then keep filling it with clean water/poor it out again till the soap is gone, no problem is it?
Of course this raises the question, which brings the worst ecological impact, the excessive water use, or excessive purchase of plastic bottles

syilla
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
no no... not just boiling water. the plastcs will also release it chemicals after scrubing, dish washing and everyday usage.

its not only can cause cancer but also diabetese, hypertension and etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.