12-29-2009, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Only with a time machine actually :p
ha hah ah ;D good answer

did u see the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vpw4AH8QQ

afzalaung
12-29-2009, 03:03 PM
well, religiously speaking, nothing is outside God's power.

scientifically speaking, i've no idea.

Ethically speaking...mankind is doomed if we are given the power to change the past (and hence the future)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
12-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Someone correct me if i am wrong

Didnt RasuAllah s.a.w have to travel in the future on the night of miraj

to actually see people of paradise and hell being rewarded or punished.

Raaina
12-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Interesting clip, i'd like to watch the entire documentry.

Anyway i'm not a scientist, but the thought of time travel is fasinating, while slight variation in time is possible in space, as space is a vaccum which doesn't have time, I think it's long way off before we can actually travel back in time to alter past events, simularly to the future to do the same.

Still an interesting concept :) i'll definitly be watching the full documentry.

ardianto
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Photo of Time Machine

http://waroengantiks.files.wordpress...eker-china.jpg

Supreme
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung

Ethically speaking...mankind is doomed if we are given the power to change the past (and hence the future)
That reminded me of the very true observation made by George Orwell:

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past
I think, scientifically speaking, time travel is an impossibility. Nothing more than a myth created by sci fi writers, along with the Daleks and a moon made out of cheese.

GuestFellow
12-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I have no idea, I'm not a scientist. :/

_PakistaN_
12-29-2009, 07:31 PM
In order to go back in time.. U have to even make the sun go back in time, the moon, and the galaxy, and the stars... not just land...

nope, it's not possible

tango92
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
einsteins theory permits us to travel as far into the future as we like

you just have travel at the speed of light though

Mr.President
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar

good point :shade:

Innocent Soul
12-30-2009, 01:43 PM
NO Its not possible.As we can't predict the seasons.We can't do time trial. ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Impossible!!!!!!!!!!... In Jannah maybe its Possible but i dont think ud wana do "Time Travel" when ur In Jannahh Insha`Allaah LOL

Muezzin
12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
Is time travel possible ?
We're all travelling forward through time. So, yes, it is possible, in one direction.

As for going back in time and changing history... if I recall correctly, the consensus is that if this were theoretically possible, it would in fact create an alternate reality, since in any given reality, history is history and cannot be altered. If you successfully alter history, that alteration always happened, thus rendering your need to go back and make that alteration redundant. If you follow.

Raaina
01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
After looking at this thread, I came across a book on the shelf at home, called: - Time Travel in Einstein's Universe. Any read this before?

Cabdullahi
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
If time travel is possible then trials of this life given to us by Allah becomes redundant if you can just go back everytime you are in a difficult moment the time travel will allow you to reset so that you can better handle the problem if that is the case then a big chunk of what constitutes the purpose of life will erode
so now why live?

Dagless
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
We should take the power considerations into account.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA

aadil77
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM

no, there was something about those people, I'll try and find a source

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-07-2010, 03:01 AM
:sl:

Sometimes I wish I could fast-forward and see who I get married to and when :p But Allaah knows best.

Beardo
01-07-2010, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
:sl:

Sometimes I wish I could fast-forward and see who I get married to and when :p But Allaah knows best.
Always thinkin about marriage.

Anyway, it's funny. My friend asked me this question just a few days ago. I said if Allah wills it to happen, then sure it can. Otherwise, I don't believe in it.

PersiaBeFree
01-07-2010, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
ha hah ah ;D good answer

did u see the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vpw4AH8QQ
Awesome. Never saw it like that. A revelation.

Joe98
01-07-2010, 05:00 AM
I recently read this book.

I went to my hardware store to get the parts. Thye are already out of date or havn't been invented yet.

It's all relative ;D

-

Ramadhan
01-07-2010, 07:11 AM
I used to see Paul Davies often when he was a visiting Professor at my uni.
An awesome and very down to earth guy. I like how he is trying to reconcile between religion and theoritical physics.

ardianto
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
After looking at this thread, I came across a book on the shelf at home, called: - Time Travel in Einstein's Universe. Any read this before?
There is an ustadz (Islamic teacher) in Indonesia that graduated from Madinah, his name is ustadz Ahmad Sarwat, and he has an Islamic Question and Answer website.

One day, someone asked a question about time travel to ustadz Sarwat, and surprisingly, he gave an answer with science that refute Einstein's theory of time travel.

I think we need more scholars / Islamic teacher like ustadz Ahmad Sarwat who have good knowledge and also know much about science.

:)

Dagless
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There is an ustadz (Islamic teacher) in Indonesia that graduated from Madinah, his name is ustadz Ahmad Sarwat, and he has an Islamic Question and Answer website.

One day, someone asked a question about time travel to ustadz Sarwat, and surprisingly, he gave an answer with science that refute Einstein's theory of time travel.

I think we need more scholars / Islamic teacher like ustadz Ahmad Sarwat who have good knowledge and also know much about science.

:)
What was his answer?

aadil77
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM

this should explain it

Al-Barzakh and the Life in the Grave

“Literally Al-Barzakh means interval or a barrier between two things. Allah Almighty says: “Between them is a Barzakh (Barrier) which they do not transgress.” (Ar-Rahman: 20)

Technically, it stands for an intermediary stage between this life and another life in the Hereafter; it’s an interval between death and the Day of Resurrection. Allah says: “Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up.” (Al-Mu’minun: 100)

This does not mean that there would be special places for every soul, but the souls of dead people are in different places according to the level of their Iman: some of them will be on the highest paradise with the souls of Prophets and martyrs; some believers will be in a particular place in Paradise before the Day of Judgment; some will have their graves like gardens of Paradise and some will have it like pits of the Hell-Fire. All of these cases and states of people will be in the period of Al-Barzakh, each one according to the status of his Iman.

As for your second question, Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, deputy chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, answers:

“The dead person does not know anything of the life of living people because he or she lives in a completely different world. However, it is reported that the dead person feels the footsteps of those who walk over him or her. It is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) looked at the people of the well, in which the bodies of the disbelievers killed in the Battle of Badr were thrown and said, “Have you found true what your Lord promised you?” `Umar asked, “You are addressing dead people.” The Prophet replied, “They hear better than you do, but they cannot reply.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

These narrations refer to the period that closely follows the death of a person, but after that, the deceased moves completely to a new different world where he or she will not be aware of anything of what happens at this life. This may be confirmed by the verse: “Thou canst not reach those who are in the graves.” (Fatir: 22)”

ardianto
01-08-2010, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
What was his answer?
Unfortunately the answer in his web has changed with many new topics, and I cannot find it with search button because I forget the title. But I still remember the points of his answer.

He talked about time that run slower in airplane but we cannot feel it because the different is extremely small. He also gave an example of twin brothers, one stay on earth another go to outer space with rocket that run in light speed. When the meet again, the traveler is younger than his brother. But he said, it will not make one of them back to the past.

He continued his answer with "If time travel (to the past) is possible, maybe someone will back to the past, kill Prophet Adam (as), and all human would disappear".

However, in this answer, ustadz Sarwat was talked only about time travel to the past, not to the future because the questioner asked "Can someone back to the past with time machine and change something, like in movie ?".

Dagless
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Unfortunately the answer in his web has changed with many new topics, and I cannot find it with search button because I forget the title. But I still remember the points of his answer.

He talked about time that run slower in airplane but we cannot feel it because the different is extremely small. He also gave an example of twin brothers, one stay on earth another go to outer space with rocket that run in light speed. When the meet again, the traveler is younger than his brother. But he said, it will not make one of them back to the past.

He continued his answer with "If time travel (to the past) is possible, maybe someone will back to the past, kill Prophet Adam (as), and all human would disappear".

However, in this answer, ustadz Sarwat was talked only about time travel to the past, not to the future because the questioner asked "Can someone back to the past with time machine and change something, like in movie ?".
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a good explanation and doesn't go against Einstein. More scholars should incorporate science into their lectures.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.