/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Images aren't showing up on my computer

*charisma*
12-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Assalamu alaikum

For some reason, most images don't load up no matter how many times i refresh the page. Even on this site the icons, sigs and pics that members post up don't show. I can't get into my aol mail either. It's getting annoying :(

Can someone helpppp??

Edit: oh yeh, and I also tried to clear my cache, deleting history and all of that..no help

jazakum allahu khair

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I do use it often :( It was working fine like 2 weeks ago.

IE also has the same problem. I'm not sure if i have to update something...
I tried to do the new page anyway, and it kept saying that its invalid.

Far7an
12-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Sounds like you have a firewall or filtering software running in the background. Did you recently install a firewall, anti virus or ad blocker?

IslamicRevival
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
This may be happening because flash player is updating automatically. Give it some time and it should work InshAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-31-2009, 02:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sounds like you have a firewall or filtering software running in the background. Did you recently install a firewall, anti virus or ad blocker?
I did mess around w/ my McAfee settings, but I'm not sure if that was after or before I had this problem. I read somewhere else that it may be a problem but I turned off my firewall and restarted firefox, and still nothing.

I had some spyware that I cleaned off of my comp just now, I also reset the settings of McAfee to default, then I restarted my comp and I tried aol again and it didn't work...

However, when I copy and pasted the url into the address bar, it worked...only for aol though, and I think it may be temporary cuz it worked the other day too..And on LI, if I click on the multi-quotes icon, it doesn't turn red like it used to nor does the quick reply take me to the text box.

This may be happening because flash player is updating automatically. Give it some time and it should work InshAllah
Everything that requires flash player works fine.

Far7an
12-31-2009, 10:44 AM
There are only two things I can suggest:

1. Run a windows update (I can remember they had an issue once but they released a fix for this) through control panel.
2. Download ATF Cleaner. This will clear a lot of unnecessary junk from your pc. It's a small program and depending on how much temp files you have, you'll have to wait till it finishes. When you run it, select all and empty selected.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for the stig (zAk).

$tranger
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
If none of the above work......
try system restore to the date that it was working

(it will uninstall any new programs/software that u installed since that date - NO work/file/documents will be deleted though)

tango92
12-31-2009, 10:53 AM
^^ thats probably your best option. dont be nervous about it, i used to do it all the time

AabiruSabeel
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
:sl:

In firefox, click on Tools -> Options -> Content (tab) and check whether the load images automatically check box is ticked. Check for exceptions as well.

tango92
12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
^^ no images will load in IE either so it wouldnt be that

*charisma*
12-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think its working now or at least its tolerable, but jazakum allahu khair!! If I continue to have problems, I'll try doin the above.

sorry for the trouble

fi aman allah
wsalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.