/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cold cream usage and ablution

zakirs
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM
:sl:

As you know its winter and i use cold cream/vaseline. I wanted to know if it intereferes with my wudhoo ( ablution ) since i apply it on my hands and feet. please can somebody clarify.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
You use vaseline on your hands and feet :|

isn't that kind of greasy?

zakirs
12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
not exactly vaseline but yeah its greasy. i use it because my sking tends to ebcome very dry during winter :(

cat eyes
12-30-2009, 08:24 PM
:sl: i use vaseline from time to time to but makes my body extremely oily and i cant wear clothes with an oily body lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raudha
12-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Sisters, I think we are deviating from the point of the thread. The brother is seeking advice on a relgious matter.
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
:w:

cat eyes
12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
bro all i can find is this link bout wudhu u might find it in there somewhere lol
http://www.ahlan.org/taharat.htm

noorseeker
12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
i put cream on my face after wudhu . Is this Allowed?

Grofica
12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
not exactly vaseline but yeah its greasy. i use it because my sking tends to ebcome very dry during winter :(
try virgin olive oil it absorbs into the skin better. (i have really dry skin too)

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-30-2009, 11:04 PM
If there is no substance made from pig , there is n o problem with using vaseline.and as far as i know vaseline doesnt contain anything made from pig.So it is ok that you use vaseline.

Insaanah
12-30-2009, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
If there is no substance made from pig , there is n o problem with using vaseline.and as far as i know vaseline doesnt contain anything made from pig.So it is ok that you use vaseline.

I don't think that was the point.

Vaseline and cold creams can be thick and greasy, and so form a thin occlusive layer in the skin, with the potential for water to not reach the wudhu areas properly. Unfortunately I don't know the correct answer. When I have put vaseline on, the water rolls off it and I get the sensation that the water hasn't actually touched my skin, so I only use it at night after isha and wash it off before fajr.

That's what I do but I'm not saying it's the right answer, as I don't know.

Allah knows best.

Cabdullahi
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
i havent got a scholarly answer but inshallah somebody with more knowledge will give our brother oilfingers assistance

zakirs
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM

Thank you for your replies.

Vaseline and cold creams can be thick and greasy, and so form a thin occlusive layer in the skin, with the potential for water to not reach the wudhu areas properly. Unfortunately I don't know the correct answer. When I have put vaseline on, the water rolls off it and I get the sensation that the water hasn't actually touched my skin, so I only use it at night after isha and wash it off before fajr.
Exactly! ,

Yeah my concern is , since nailpolish is forbidden for the reason that it prevents water touching nails... I wonder since vaseline may prevent water touching our feet/arms. Could please somebody clarify as i am still using it and i am scared i may lose my prayers.

try virgin olive oil it absorbs into the skin better. (i have really dry skin too)
Thank you for the advice will try out :)

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-31-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

I don't think that was the point.

That's what I do but I'm not saying it's the right answer, as I don't know.

Allah knows best.

Vaseline and cold creams don't form a thick layer on the skin.So it is not like nailpolish or oil colour.I checked this in a q/a website.

Insaanah
12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
Vaseline and cold creams don't form a thick layer on the skin.So it is not like nailpolish or oil colour.I checked this in a q/a website.

Is it possible that we can have the link for it please?

Jazaakallah khair.

Abu Zainab
12-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Brother zakirs try using pure coconut oil. It is the best oil to use for the skin. Just apply some on the part of the skin before you sleep and wash it off in the morning. Inshallah you will not need to use vaseline anymore.

Just google "coconut oil benefits" and you will be surprised as to what this wonder oil can do for you. Its good for the complexion too by the way.

zakirs
12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Salaam bro ,

i usually use coconut oil but in winter it freezes :(.

@yasin bro , great news link ?

Italianguy
12-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Vaseline is totally synthetic.....I think. Petroleum jelly, like plastic. It will clog your pores. Use a natural coconut oil......I'm Italian so i need nothing......i am naturaly oily. ugggimsad

Sorry i don't know the religious aspect of this though?

Innocent Soul
01-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Assalamualikum

We can use any cream and make ablution.Even we can do ablution and use that cream but it should be halal cream.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Is it possible that we can have the link for it please?

Jazaakallah khair.

of course but it is in Turkish.Here is the link www.sorularlaislamiyet.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.