/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drawing haram???

Ssaraireh
12-31-2009, 04:28 AM
could I ask a question? Not specific to children. Is it really a sin to draw people? I am some what new to Islam. But I grew up drawing. I love to draw. It sooths me. I draw anime style, so they don't look like real people, but the definatly look like people. Is that wrong. I am not trying to create, or recreate life. I'm drawing for the fun of it. I even make animated drawings, (though my skills there are low, so I usually stick to simle things, not people) but, i had always hoped of being a manga artist, an anime artist. I enjoy it so much. but if it's a sin.... then I should stop...

I know it applies to scutplures, (I've never been very good at it, and I never really persued that) but as far as drawing goes.... its very improtant to know if I should stop or not.

If the drawing is clearly a person, that is a sin? If its a cartoon style, so the propotions of the face are definatly different from a lifelike drawing, is that wrong? what about drawing other things.... like dragons, wolves, cats? I'm not very good a trees, though I can sort of do alright landscapes.... i just tend to favor the anime style people. Mostly for the eyes, if I doodle in class, its usually an anime face with detailed eyes or just eyes by themelves (both anime style and realistic eyes).... is that a sin too?
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...ram-child.html

There post was by random in the thread about drawing for children. I thought it should have it's own thread, because I'm am curious also. I love to draw, and I didn't give it much thought to the fact that I am drawing people. Anyone have any advice for random and for me as well?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hiraislam
06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
In my childhood I heard that drawing is haram and things you make on paper then you have to give them life on judgement day, but never got a solid resource to know thi thing is valid or not.

~ Sabr ~
06-22-2012, 07:57 AM

One is drawing pictures of animate beings. It says in the Sunnah that this is forbidden. It is not permitted to draw anything that depicts animate beings, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, according to the saheeh hadeeth: “Every image maker will be in the Fire.”

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers, those who tried to imitate the creation of Allaah.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and they will be told, ‘Give life to that which you have created.’”
[Sahih Muslim, Book #024, Hadith #5272]

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/39806

Muslim Woman
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hiraislam
In my childhood I heard that drawing is haram and things you make on paper then you have to give them life on judgement day, but never got a solid resource to know thi thing is valid or not.

Hadith - Bukhari 3:428, Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan
While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle

. I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."
Hadith -Bukhari 4:47, Narrated 'Aisha

I stuffed for the Prophet

a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqa (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is wrong?" He said, "What is this pillow?" I said, "I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it." He said, "Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?"
http://muttaqun.com/pictures.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasirslm
06-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Can you please explain in detail,Pitcure of all THINGS or just for animate???
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures
and here advise for making of trees and any other unanimated object is given.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects

Muslim Woman
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 135486
Hanging pictures of non-living creatures which are animated
Fatwa Date : Jumaadaa Al-Oula 28, 1431 / 12-5-2010

Question

I have a question about pictures. I have read through all the fatwa's on photography and taking pictures etc, but none of them answers my question. Is it permissable to hang pictures of non living things which are animated, for example a cartoon picture of a flower with eyes, or a clock with eyes or a car.

I am a mother trying to decorate my childrens room and was wondering if I can put these types of pictures up on the wall. What is the ruling on this as the chracters are non living. Will the angels enter my house if I have these pictures up on the wall? Jazakallah khair for your time.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

If the pictures/drawings are of non-living creatures, then it is permissible to hang them.

The things that you mentioned in the question –i.e. the flower, the clock or the car are not among the living creatures, so, it is permissible, Allaah willing, to hang them. The fact that they have eyes does not make it anything other than non-living creatures. For more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 90288 and 84182.

It should be noted that the pictures that prevent the angels from entering the house are the forbidden pictures and not the permissible pictures.

Ibn Hajar

quoted Al-Khattaabi

saying: “The pictures that prevent the angels from entering the house are the forbidden pictures, which are the pictures of living creatures whose head is not cut or the pictures that are not treated with disrespect.” Ibn Hajar

indicated that this is a strong opinion.

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=135486

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.