/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oily Skin

anonymous
01-01-2010, 06:16 AM
:sl:

I seem to have oily skin and it irritates me. I start to get little spots. They come and go. It's not a major problem.

I'm a clean person ALHUMDULILLAH.

Also wanted to ask sisters or brothers what type of cream they recommend. Just for face - nothing to do with the oily skin cos I don't use one at the moment.

And what oil do you recommend? Not too strong ofcourse.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-02-2010, 05:26 AM

I didn't know you could post anon here:

I think you need a complete skin regimen?

I like this combination.

it is quite generous in size:

then after a thorough scrub this is good by day .. since you should never step outside without SPF (even if you are dark skinned)

and this by night

might seem odd that something providing 24hr moisture would be good for an oily face, but it is actually quite balancing, I think many people make the mistake of believing that drying their skin is key, but your skin becomes irritated and to compensate it makes more oil.

if you are prune to acne try adding this as well to your regimen

And Allah swt knows best..

:w:

Italianguy
01-02-2010, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I seem to have oily skin and it irritates me. I start to get little spots. They come and go. It's not a major problem.

I'm a clean person ALHUMDULILLAH.

Also wanted to ask sisters or brothers what type of cream they recommend. Just for face - nothing to do with the oily skin cos I don't use one at the moment.

And what oil do you recommend? Not too strong ofcourse.

:wa:
Olive oil. But check to see if this is Haraam? Coco butter or coco cream is good to:D

Snowflake
01-02-2010, 05:59 AM
asslamu alaykum,

I find this to be the best anti-spot facial wash.. and its halal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
01-02-2010, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
You need to cite your sources, nonetheless, I have found the source you neglected for you and let's let others read it in full and decide to credibility!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ual-and-harram

I thought what you did here was dishonest!

all the best
I am sorry the pics of the products you posted are not shown on my computer. I don't know why? I assumed to quikly that they were exfoliants.Sorryimsad

But if they are not Haram please tell me why? I am in a discussion about exfoliating and they say it is haram? Is it?

Just so i am clear too is "haram" sin?

zakirs
01-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Tariqa was banned from here too, there is nothing wrong with the site but there is a good reason why you didn't wish to link us to it that is because his allegations were answered in full by the Muslims on that forum and his own link was asterisked--I found it in a google search in less than two seconds..
Not only is what you linked us to incorrect by a consensus of Muslims, it had absolutely nothing to do with the products I had listed above!
Shame on you for this dishonesty, I really don't know what you were hoping to accomplish here?
Salaam sister :),

Yeah i accept your thoughts too.But i guess you were bit too harsh on italaianguy.he wished good only i guess , he is a chritian and iis difficult for him to understand the matters of fiqh and just was clearing his doubts.Its ok to err sometimes :).

Sorry for posting this and i wish i am not wrong :(
pardon me if i am wrong

Snowflake
01-02-2010, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I am sorry the pics of the products you posted are not shown on my computer. I don't know why? I assumed to quikly that they were exfoliants.Sorryimsad

But if they are not Haram please tell me why? I am in a discussion about exfoliating and they say it is haram? Is it?

Just so i am clear too is "haram" sin?
Hi Italianguy,

Maybe they meant a certain product contains ingredients which muslim's are prohibited from using. We don't know any reason why exfoliating would be prohibited (haram) for muslims.

*decides to check the thread in question*

After briefly glancing at the thread on the other forum, I can see straight away that exfoliating has been confused with acid-peels. Exfoliating is not harmful, and does not remove anything except dead skins cells. It is chemical peels that (can be harmful) remove the top layer of skin to reveal new layers underneath. This maybe considered impermissable for some reasons. The two procedures have seemed to been confused.

I hope that clears things up a bit :)

Abu Zainab
01-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey hey hey...lets not be harsh with Italianguy here. He is a nice guy...just a bit over excited thats all.

BTW Italianguy, as long as the product is free from pork and its derivatives we cannot say its haraam. The only thing to consider is that the product (vaseline for example) should not prevent water from reaching the skin while performing wudu (ablution before prayer).

Raaina
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Personally, I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash and if you have oily skin, I suggest you use something like this http://www.boots.com/en/Neutrogena-V...er-50ml_11630/

Hope that helps.

Italianguy
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Hi Italianguy,

Maybe they meant a certain product contains ingredients which muslim's are prohibited from using. We don't know any reason why exfoliating would be prohibited (haram) for muslims.

*decides to check the thread in question*

After briefly glancing at the thread on the other forum, I can see straight away that exfoliating has been confused with acid-peels. Exfoliating is not harmful, and does not remove anything except dead skins cells. It is chemical peels that (can be harmful) remove the top layer of skin to reveal new layers underneath. This maybe considered impermissable for some reasons. The two procedures have seemed to been confused.

I hope that clears things up a bit :)
Thanks:D It does clear some things up. I may have interpreted the thread wrong, but i see where you see the confusion as well? They must have mixed it up with the peel you are talking about.

Thank you fr replying.

nebula
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
If you have oily skin and u keep getting spots u should try drinking more water and try Green tea its good to get rid of the toxins in your body. Also check this product out!

http://www.blackseedherb.com/cgi-bin...ore&review=all

maisha
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
my sister puts vaseline b4 she gose 2 sleep and then washes her face in the morning!
:)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-06-2010, 11:57 PM
my recommendation coming from someone who suffered from acne TRUST ME

use st ives BLEMISH FIGHTING

it cleans off ALL DIRT and leaves skin clean n smooth!

my skins all clean now but before i tried creams n it only made things worse

i wouldnt use creams if i was you

Beardo
01-07-2010, 04:18 AM
^ It's true, cream only makes the skin oilier.

They say guys aren't supposed to use lotion/cream, but I use:

And I'm very strict that it is the "Essentially Enriched" kind. One day my mom brought home the thinner, softer kind and I didn't use it. :X I like thick lotions so you apply less.

Though, I will be honest, I hate when girls in my class take out these bottles of strawberry or mango or peach or any fruity smelling lotion and use it. It's so disrupting.

syilla
01-07-2010, 05:17 AM
i thought nivea contain non halal ingredients :omg::hiding:

Maybe i should check them out again... :p

Anyway to the first poster... oily skin is usually because of the hormones...and sometimes is hard to control it...because the oil is usually deep in our skins. So you need to find a good product that can clean in depth.

Exfoliate skins product can only be use once a week...or anytime you like...provided not everyday because it only makes your skin get more oily. and never to exfoliate on the blemish.

Take supplements and do exercise regularly...it will keep your body and skin healthy :).

Have good sleep and never sleep late or wake up late...because that can only make your face more oily. erm....thats from my experience...not been tested on animals yet. :hiding:

SweetCherryPie
01-07-2010, 05:28 AM
You can also try products from Body Shop. Good stuff. Also, L'occitane.

Beardo
01-07-2010, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i thought nivea contain non halal ingredients :omg::hiding:

Maybe i should check them out again... :p

Anyway to the first poster... oily skin is usually because of the hormones...and sometimes is hard to control it...because the oil is usually deep in our skins. So you need to find a good product that can clean in depth.

Exfoliate skins product can only be use once a week...or anytime you like...provided not everyday because it only makes your skin get more oily. and never to exfoliate on the blemish.

Take supplements and do exercise regularly...it will keep your body and skin healthy :).

Have good sleep and never sleep late or wake up late...because that can only make your face more oily. erm....thats from my experience...not been tested on animals yet. :hiding:

*GASPS*

Please find out and let me know ASAP! Dx

suffiyan007
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
for me i recommended the mentholatum charcoal wash and icy charcoal wash and acne control from mentholatum for men....it quite awesome.!
if not the mentholatum oxy deep cleanser with vitamin c and e...then after that to rebalance the skin pH by using toner/astringent after cleansing, then u wear a light moisturiser either lotion/gel/gel cream...type for oily/combination skin.get a free skin analysis from a beautician before u buy the products get some consultation first.just follow the basic cleansing...is enough clean tone and moisturize...

suffiyan007
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
clean tone treat and moisturize...

buy a cleanser suit ya type, toner less alcohol/alcohol free, treat with tea tree oil and then wear a light moisturiser...i recommend the light and not too strong from Simple skincare products..if u prefer the safe and comfort.:shade:

suffiyan007
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
the charcoal cleanser is for unisex..the charcoal is to regulate sebum ...and make the blemishes lesser..is a good try...even thought mentholatum for men skincare.

Asiyaah
01-19-2010, 02:43 AM
I used to have REALLY bad oily skin and acme problems, I started using the following:

Lipid Replacing Cleansing Gel
Excellent for rosacea and oily skin. Perfect before microdermabrasion as it leaves no residue on skin.

Skin Type:
All

Properties:

A non-irritating, low-foaming clear gel cleanser with a slightly acid pH.
Gently and effectively removes dirt, debris, and lipids without breaking the skin barrier or denaturing the keratin.
Removes makeup.
Leaves skin soft and non-irritated.

Feature Ingredients
Known Benefits
Sodium Laureth Sulfate Foaming and surfactant agent Potassium C12-C13 Monoalkyl
Phosphate/Polysorbate 60 Non-irritating cleansing agent Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate Special non-drying surfactant Phospholipid EFA
(essential fatty acid) Restores any fatty acids removed in the cleansing process Linoleic Esters
(patented Hepes complex) Anti-inflammatory, analgesic Panthenol (Provitamin B5) Regenerative, soothing Allantoin Anti-irritant, repairs
The above is taken from Circadia website.

I hope none of the above ingredients are haram. Its kinda pricey but you only use it on your face at night. When you wash your face in the morning and for wudu you only use plain water. I'm on the same bottle I bought a year ago. Its done wonders for me. Also you should use a very light oil free sunscreen moisturizer on your face during the day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.