/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2010? We are all losers..

Abu Muslim
01-01-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.dhikrullah.com/blog/?p=266

2010? We are all losers..

1 01 2010

..except those of us Muslims who try to please Allah [subhanahu wa ta3la] and help each other in truth and patience.
The Lord of the worlds, the creator of time, says in Surah Asr:

وَالْعَصْرِ,إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ, إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

By time, verily man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds and enjoin one another upon truth, and enjoin one another upon patience.

It is sad to see many Muslims celebrate the new year when it is simply one year closer to our graves, one more year of sins commited. Why would anyone want to celebrate that? We might have been losers all the way up until 2010 but now Allah has blessed us with more time, to become those who are an exception, who are not in loss but who use time to please Allah *smiles*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-01-2010, 10:58 PM
So true brother

TrueStranger
01-01-2010, 11:15 PM
:sl:

Why do we Muslims follow the Gregorian calender?

It is not a new year, at least not Islamically Speaking. Our New Year started 15 days ago.

It's The 15th of Muharram 1431 today. :D

Supreme
01-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Why the depressing thread?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-02-2010, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Muslim
http://www.dhikrullah.com/blog/?p=266

2010? We are all losers..

1 01 2010

..except those of us Muslims who try to please Allah [subhanahu wa ta3la] and help each other in truth and patience.
The Lord of the worlds, the creator of time, says in Surah Asr:

وَالْعَصْرِ,إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ, إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

By time, verily man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds and enjoin one another upon truth, and enjoin one another upon patience.

It is sad to see many Muslims celebrate the new year when it is simply one year closer to our graves, one more year of sins commited. Why would anyone want to celebrate that? We might have been losers all the way up until 2010 but now Allah has blessed us with more time, to become those who are an exception, who are not in loss but who use time to please Allah *smiles*

Oh come on Sister, it's not like new year a bad year, I think it gives some meaning to our lives that Allah S.W.T. has extended our age so that we could still pray and do his good deed. Once it's all over(death), what if we haven't completed our Al-Qur'an? What if we haven't succeed in perfoming Solat(Salat) 5 times a day? What if we had committed the 25 Worse Sins??

You see? Every year is a good year in my perspective and although we sin, it doesn't matter as long as we're trying our best to rid off the sin we're committing

Alphadude
01-02-2010, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

Why do we Muslims follow the Gregorian calender?

It is not a new year, at least not Islamically Speaking. Our New Year started 15 days ago.

It's The 15th of Muharram 1431 today. :D
i was going to ask the same thing lol

imam bukhari
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
assalaam o alaykum,

i wonder how many people know their date of birth in the islamic calendar!? hmmm.... lol

north_malaysian
01-02-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
assalaam o alaykum,

i wonder how many people know their date of birth in the islamic calendar!? hmmm.... lol
well... i knew.

Abu Muslim
01-08-2010, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Why the depressing thread?
Its not depressing for the Muslims...ooh I see.

Its a reminder that this life is not forever and the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: remember frequently the destoyer of pleasures ; death.

Rabi'ya
01-08-2010, 10:07 PM

having a specific date can help one to reflect on what has passed and contemplate things to achieve in the upcoming week/month/year. For me I like to use an easily remembered date. This might be birthday, new year or eid, to give just a few examples.

It is important that we as Muslims are aware of the Islamic date. In fact it is necessary for us. But it would also be foolish to abandon the "western" calender as this is what is used as a rule throughout society.

Celebrations such as some non-muslims do are pointless and achieve nothing. but as a point of reflection....where's the harm?is there any?

Abu Muslim
01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~

having a specific date can help one to reflect on what has passed and contemplate things to achieve in the upcoming week/month/year. For me I like to use an easily remembered date. This might be birthday, new year or eid, to give just a few examples.

It is important that we as Muslims are aware of the Islamic date. In fact it is necessary for us. But it would also be foolish to abandon the "western" calender as this is what is used as a rule throughout society.

Celebrations such as some non-muslims do are pointless and achieve nothing. but as a point of reflection....where's the harm?is there any?
barakAllahu feek. The original reminder was not about the date itself, it was about Muslims celebrating it as if it is a date to be celebrated and in turn imitating the non Muslims.

Perhaps it might be better to reflect from one ramadaan to the next instead. The salaf would spend 6 months preparing for ramadaan.

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 08:55 PM
That is true Brother Abu Muslim, may Allah bless us all with time full of good deeds. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.