/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ive got Exfoliative Chelitis

anonymous
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Basically ive got Exfoliative Chelitis which is like a skin disorder type of thing where the skin on your lip constantly peels and gets irrated to the point where it goes through a cycle, for me its a 2 day cycle where it peels then new skin comes, it looks really bad and its a big problem when doing wudu, does anyone know a cure for it? maybe the sister thats a dr on this forum can help me... please ive had it for about 4 years and i recently find out what it is.

salaamolaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I dont know if what I have is similar or not. I have had it alll my life as far as i can remember. I pick my lips and they bleed. I havent found anything to help except vaseline and that doesnt do much.

anonymous
01-02-2010, 05:53 PM
let me show you some pictures and tell me if this is what you have?

http://www.exfoliativecheilitis.com/pictures/

heres a video of a guy who has it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ187-RHStA

mine isnt as bad as this alhumdulilah, but its still bad...

جوري
01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
:sl:

I am not a dermatologist and I do suggest you see one, however I believe this to be a variant of eczema or atopic dermatitis, it isn't life threatening unless of course there is an infection, it is treated with low potency hydrocrotisone and I'd recommend staying away from anything artificial, perfumy, or dyed, I'd keep my lips moisturized all the time and I really would go see a dermatologist, perhaps they can give you a local injection of hydrocortisone, new meds are evolving and my knowledge of this condition is very basic, when you have inflammatory cells you suppress them from causing inflammation and that is usually accomplished in that conventional route of desonide or hydrocortisone .. I'd go see if there are newer meds on the horizon insha'Allah..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Alhumdulilah i have found a cure for exfoliative chelitis, basically i was doing some research and i found that L-Lysine which is a amino acid that our body's doesn't produce and is taken from the foods we eat helps the peeling problem. I bought some tablets 1000mg of L-Lysine and i bought a topical coldsore ointment that contains Lysine which is also used for cracked lips which has cleared the problem up alhumdulilah!!!!!!!!!

This is what i bought if anyone else has the same problem then try this inshallah

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...lysine&rdcnt=1

anonymous
01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Sister innocent try this inshallah it will fix ur problem aswell

maisha
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
that sounds really bad! :(

zakirs
01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Nice to know you have found the cure. :)

gotat_89
02-05-2019, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Alhumdulilah i have found a cure for exfoliative chelitis, basically i was doing some research and i found that L-Lysine which is a amino acid that our body's doesn't produce and is taken from the foods we eat helps the peeling problem. I bought some tablets 1000mg of L-Lysine and i bought a topical coldsore ointment that contains Lysine which is also used for cracked lips which has cleared the problem up alhumdulilah!!!!!!!!!

This is what i bought if anyone else has the same problem then try this inshallah

what worked for you? in the end
i have this and life is very hard atm

Nájlá
02-05-2019, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gotat_89
This is what the poster, posted above:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Salaar
02-03-2023, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by gotat_89

shot in the dark youre probs not gonna reply but

hi brother hows your condition doing now?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.