/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How To Calculate The Night Prayer

AnonymousPoster
01-04-2010, 02:21 AM
:sl:
I want to know how to calculate the night prayer(salat ul-lail). I know it's in the third of the night, but how would you calculate that?
I always hear that praying the night prayer is just an amazing thing and I want to feel how amazing it is. =)

Jazakallah Khayran everyone

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KittenLover
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
hmm well first you calculate half the night I think, and then after half the night has gone you enter into the third of the night.

but I'm not sure, my math is rubbish.

Hamza Asadullah
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I want to know how to calculate the night prayer(salat ul-lail). I know it's in the third of the night, but how would you calculate that?
I always hear that praying the night prayer is just an amazing thing and I want to feel how amazing it is. =)

Jazakallah Khayran everyone
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, just pray it an hour before Fajr starts, that will sufice inshallah.

Prayer of Tahajjud (Night prayer)

Rasulallah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has said: In Paradise there is a castle reserved for those who read Tahajjud and the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) further adds, those who pray at night will enter paradise without having to account for their acts in this life.

The Nafils of Tahajjud are read after the Esha prayer, but it is important to sleep before performing Tahajjud. The prayer consists of a minimum of 2 Raka-ats, and a maximum of 8 or 12 Raka-ats (to be read according ones capacity).

After Esha prayers sleep for some time, then wake up any time during the night before the rise of morning for Tahajjud prayers. With the performance of 2 Rakats you have duly achieved your Tahajjud. However, the performance of 8 Rakats in Sunnat, and complying with the practice of the Holy Saints of Islam and performing 12 Rakats is commendable.

It is recommended that you recite in your prayers as much of the Sacred Quran as you know. If you happen to know by heart the whole of the Sacred Quran you may, in at least 3 nights or most 4 nights of Tahajjud effectuate the complete reading of the Sacred Quran.

Otherwise, you may recite 3 Surah Ikhlas (Qul Hu Allahu Ahad) after your "Alhamdu..." in every Rakat and you will thus derive full benefits of the full recital of the Sacred Quran in every Rakat.

During the month of Ramadan one should awake a little earlier for Sehri and make time to pray Tahajjud Salaah for the reward is magnified so much more in Ramadan and duas are even more readily accepted than at any other time of the year.

The dua's at the time of Tahajjud are very readily accepted by Almighty Allah and one should repent and ask of Allah and try to cry in their dua's at this time, if one cannot cry due to the hardness of ones heart due to sin then at least one should make the face as if one is crying. Just as a mother tends to her baby quickly and promptly when it cries the same way Allah attends to his servant quicker when they are crying.

Here are some very beneficial articles for you:

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!)

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html (Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!)

My Daily Ibadah(worship) check

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html (My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!)

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html (10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith))

Signs of Weak Iman and How to Increase It

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/weakimanfix.htm

Khaldun
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Add all the hours of the night up together, from when the sun sets until it rises. Then divide this into three equally long parts and stand up for prayer the last third portion.

Remember this might be easy for you the first few times but it might get tough later on so instead of standing up 2 hours in prayer try instead to pray 2 units of prayer about 20 mins and be firm upon this until you meet your Lord.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yusuf Saeed
01-04-2010, 06:56 PM

In Tahajjud is there taslim after every 2 raka' or only after completing all the raka's?

AnonymousPoster
01-05-2010, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Otherwise, you may recite 3 Surah Ikhlas (Qul Hu Allahu Ahad) after your "Alhamdu..." in every Rakat and you will thus derive full benefits of the full recital of the Sacred Quran in every Rakat.
Do you mean that you must recite surah Ikhlas 3 times or the 3 Quls?

Jazakallah Khayn for all of your posts, they were very beneficial alhamdulillah.

Hamza Asadullah
01-05-2010, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Do you mean that you must recite surah Ikhlas 3 times or the 3 Quls?

Jazakallah Khayn for all of your posts, they were very beneficial alhamdulillah.
Asalaamu AlaikuM Wr Wb, it is recommended to read as much Qur'an as possible in the Tahajjud Salah's. If you don't know much Qur'an then read what you can. Reading Surah Ikhlas 3 times results in the reward of reading the whole Qur'an. Don't just read Surah Ikhlas 3 times but read what you can in your Tahajjud Salah.

When you fee tired then it is recommended to go to sleep. It is also said that the most loftiest positions in Jannah are reserved for those who used to pray much in the nights.

Keep in mind that you are gaining the pleasure of Allah and picture him infront of you whilst you are praying. Imagine he can see you pray and cry to him whilst in prayer. Ask of him as much as you can after Tahajjud as duas at this time are readily accepted. Don't forget to mention me aswell in your dua. Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.