/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will i burn in hell?

theforsaken
01-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Well, hello... english is not my native language so i'm sorry if I got orthographic or grammar errors.
I'm atheist, at least for now, because none of the religions I learnt really convinced me. I must confess, I am 100% ignorant about islam, that's why im here.
A little bit of background:
I was risen as a christian in a christian orphanage.
When I rechead the age to be able to start reasoning, around 12 years old, I started rejecting the christian religion as I started learning about science and the scientific method, and rejected the existence of god and the virgin birth of jesus.
Also, I was unable to accept that there is a all loving god that allows all the misery and war of the world to happen.
Especially when christian religion tells us that only believers will get eternal life while non believers will burn in hell. I asked to the Brother of Mary (a volunteer in the orphanage from the Marists Brothers) not so long ago: "If I try to be as righteous as possible, if I help everyone I can, I refrain from committing sin and feel sorry because of committing it, and if I follow the teachings of the bible and the teachings of jesus, but I didn't believed while living: will I be able to get the eternal life in the company of the lord?"
The answer was "No, if you don't believe you will be punished in hell".
I am not able to believe in a god that will send good, innocent people to hell because of not feeding his ego. That is not perfect at all, and christians believe that their god is perfect.
I made a pact with my brain, it was "Until science can explain all the universe without any flaws at all, i will refrain from analysing theological facts scientifically. I recently learnt that islam also teaches about jesus and his virgin birth, at least for the moment, I am ready to accept and believe in any miracle as long as the philosophy of the religion does not disturb me.
And because of this the next question arises from my mind:
If i live as righteously as i can and follow the teachings of the quran and mohammed and jesus and blablablabla: will i still burn in hell?
I think that a god to be a god must be perfect, and the ego is not a part of perfection, at all. So why would the christian god, Jaweh or Allah care if I don't believe in any of them? If I do and live as they want me to do and live, it should be okay even if I don't believe in them.
I truly and desperately want to find the love and mercy of a father because I never got one, this is why I am searching for answers. I refuse to believe that lots of innocent people will suffer the hell for all eternity and that the suffering they all suffered will be paid with even more and never ending pain. I learnt that, through christian religion, that if one christian rapes his daughter and all the girls on the neighbourhood, then slaughter all the babies and then dismember all the men to finally also rape the women and then decapitate them all, he will be saved if he repents, because he believes, but not I that had not committed any remarkable sin, because of not believing.
I want to know if islam is the same that christianity in that point. if it is the same I will not even consider it.
I seek for advise.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
RickHolm
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by theforsaken
Well, hello... english is not my native language so i'm sorry if I got orthographic or grammar errors.
I'm atheist, at least for now, because none of the religions I learnt really convinced me. I must confess, I am 100% ignorant about islam, that's why im here.
A little bit of background:
I was risen as a christian in a christian orphanage.
When I rechead the age to be able to start reasoning, around 12 years old, I started rejecting the christian religion as I started learning about science and the scientific method, and rejected the existence of god and the virgin birth of jesus.
Also, I was unable to accept that there is a all loving god that allows all the misery and war of the world to happen.
Especially when christian religion tells us that only believers will get eternal life while non believers will burn in hell. I asked to the Brother of Mary (a volunteer in the orphanage from the Marists Brothers) not so long ago: "If I try to be as righteous as possible, if I help everyone I can, I refrain from committing sin and feel sorry because of committing it, and if I follow the teachings of the bible and the teachings of jesus, but I didn't believed while living: will I be able to get the eternal life in the company of the lord?"
The answer was "No, if you don't believe you will be punished in hell".
I am not able to believe in a god that will send good, innocent people to hell because of not feeding his ego. That is not perfect at all, and christians believe that their god is perfect.
I made a pact with my brain, it was "Until science can explain all the universe without any flaws at all, i will refrain from analysing theological facts scientifically. I recently learnt that islam also teaches about jesus and his virgin birth, at least for the moment, I am ready to accept and believe in any miracle as long as the philosophy of the religion does not disturb me.
And because of this the next question arises from my mind:
If i live as righteously as i can and follow the teachings of the quran and mohammed and jesus and blablablabla: will i still burn in hell?
I think that a god to be a god must be perfect, and the ego is not a part of perfection, at all. So why would the christian god, Jaweh or Allah care if I don't believe in any of them? If I do and live as they want me to do and live, it should be okay even if I don't believe in them.
I truly and desperately want to find the love and mercy of a father because I never got one, this is why I am searching for answers. I refuse to believe that lots of innocent people will suffer the hell for all eternity and that the suffering they all suffered will be paid with even more and never ending pain. I learnt that, through christian religion, that if one christian rapes his daughter and all the girls on the neighbourhood, then slaughter all the babies and then dismember all the men to finally also rape the women and then decapitate them all, he will be saved if he repents, because he believes, but not I that had not committed any remarkable sin, because of not believing.
I want to know if islam is the same that christianity in that point. if it is the same I will not even consider it.
I seek for advise.
I see what you are saying.

This bothered me about christanity too. The fact is, only we can save ourselves (with God's help) and only if we sincerely change.

Before God, we must account for our actions. Technically, if one accepts Islam, you get a new slate, and past sins are erased. This does not mean that God will not know about them, and may matter. I think Everything we do still has an effect & should be accountable.

peaceandlove
01-07-2010, 09:49 AM
:sl: BROTHER

what i understand is that you are thinking that un-believe on Allah is not a sin , brother its the worst ever sin that a men can do by claiming that i"he did not believe in GOD" or rejecting the sings of Allah or associating partners to them.

First can you tell us what is the meaning of sin in your mind ? what i think that the defination of sin in your mind is wrong ? sin in not the things which we think they are sin , if you and me are going to decide what sins are then every person disagree with each other of particular thing , you might say robbery is a sin but i would say not why why its a way of making money so there will never be agrement if we by ourself going to decide what sin is?

So who is going to decided what sin is? surely our creater Allah , Allah has created us and had given us thing for which we have to avoid , we and you are not here to decide what sin is ? whaterver Allah has declared as sin , its a sin?

Please ignore my bad english ? and if you still feel any question please ask us we will try to guide you to the best of our knowledge

May Allah guide me, you and all of us to the right path

syilla
01-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Salams...

I just would like you explain again... do mean that you don't believe in God but you believe that you will burn in hell? Surely if you believe in hell... you must have believe in God.

Must be deep inside your heart you believe in Allah... :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
01-11-2010, 07:24 AM
You accepted the scientific method and rejected God at the age of 12. I do not blame you as the scientific community is dominated by the rejectors of God and hence their views dominated yours at such a ripe age .... Even if scientific method were to explain everything single ounce of material law in the universe, which I do not believe will ever happen, it still does not show that Allah (swt) does not exist. If man would discover everything the universe has to offer, there will be no desire for quest life as there would be no quest. I see it highly unlikely to happen. Scientific method studies material realities. Ordered realities. Order and design came from God. I frequently hear arguments against Intelligent Design .... isnt it amazing that man uses the logic emanating from an imperfect design to criticize the design itself? If the design is imperfect, the logic emanating from it ought to be imperfect ....

Muslim Woman
01-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by theforsaken
.. he will be saved if he repents, because he believes, but not I that had not committed any remarkable sin, because of not believing. .

God created heavens for believers . If anyone committs even the most major sin blashphemy and then repents sincerely , then God assured that sinners will find Him merciful .

If anyone committs any sin and just orally say , O God forgive me , then in Islam it's not considered as repentance. U are repented when really you are sorry and asking for forgiveness . So , yes , those who believe , did not take other deity besides God and repent sincerely , God Willing they will enter in to paradise for ever.

God created hell for those who rejected Him and took dieties besides Him. They will get rewards for all their good deeds in this world only. Rewards on the final day are only for believers who did not committ blasphemy.

May God guides you , Ameen.

peaceandlove
01-11-2010, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Salams...

I just would like you explain again... do mean that you don't believe in God but you believe that you will burn in hell? Surely if you believe in hell... you must have believe in God.

Must be deep inside your heart you believe in Allah... :)
That the point , Very nice reply by you Syilla.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Believing in God is to follow his commandmants,and his commandmants are the teachings that were brought by the prophets to whom he sent to guide Mankind.
All the prophets from prophet Adam, Moses, David, Noah, Jesus and many more to his final his final Messenger Muhammad May the peace and blessings of God be upon them. They all came and preached 1 message which is that `There is only 1 God`.But as some prophets performed miracles by the authority/permission of God not of themselves, were mistaken to be God , only because they could perform a miracle the people were foolish they mistaken the person for God. This is why the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not perform many miracles because he came to teach that he is a messenger of God and he himself is only a man who can of himself do nothing, same as the previous prophets such as Jesus. To Follow God you must follow the teachings, the prophets brought, and they are not to harm us but to benefit and guide us, those teachings are from God, but sent to the prophets through/via the angels. if you follow those teachings no doubt you will get Heaven, for example the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the final messenger he was sent for the whole of Mankind, whereas the prophets before him were sent for every nation as God says in the Quran.

And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): \"Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah).\" Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). (Surah al nahl 16:36]

The people before the time of the prophet Muhammad(pbuh) didnt accept the teachings of the prophets as they came but they misunderstood the teachings like for example most of the prophets were taken for God an example is Jesus and many others.

Allaah is the most mercyful Lord.everything he tells us to do only benefits ourselves not to harm ourselves. however, there is a sin he will not forgive and that is to make partners with him ie.like the christian belief, they made Jesus God as he a man and weak etc..this contradicts because Allaah tells us he created man weak.. and he will forgive us whenever we repent. in fact one of his names is "Al-Ghafur" which is in arabic, which means "The ever forgiving"...I hope i have helped you enough Insha`Allaah(God willingly) i have to leave, and if you have any questions or i didnt explain properly ,dont hesistate to ask :).. or if i dont make sense.:\..Hope this helps and i am sure a lot of the other muslim brothers and sisters have much much more to say , so you can learn, thank you for your time,
May God guide you to the truth ,Ameen

Ps. There is much much more to say i have just given some brief Info

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.