/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when life gets too much

anonymous
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM
What do you do when you have reached a point in life where you look back and noticed in many aspects of your life you have lost or just messed up? You feel like a looser and you can’t pick yourself up. You quit your course you were studying because...well you don’t know now that you think about it, but for some reason you just did and took up another one in hope to start a home based business to own some money somehow but even that idea nearly 4 years later, went up in smoke. Now you are thinking oh holy crap im such a ...dumbo...failure. on top of this you never really had the proper encouragement in anything so you’re not really fulfilling your full potential because you don’t know what your potential is plus every time you do want to do something, you get badly discouraged like “i don’t think you are able to do that” or “its not really your thing” You come off in a culture where your gender is **** inferior. life wouldn’t be half as bad if you stuffed up your dunya life- no you could handle a tough life if you had to-but no no you just HAD to over step the sacred limits as well subhanaallah.
What do you do when the pain of finding that companion overwhelms you? And even if you did find them, you fear they won’t like you because you are messed up in so many ways and they will find that too much to bear with. They will find your characteristics/personalitly ugly and overbearing. Don’t tell me that people will overlook this because you know it’s a lie. What do you do that even if you did find that person; your priorities in a spouse are so high because you’ve seen so many screwed up marriages out there it puts you off so now you find your demands in a spouse are so high, there is no person that could possibly fulfil your requirements. God knows ur probz going to die a lonely old person. Dont tell me i should lower my standards, i know i will get walked all over if that was the case. Now really, i would. All these fussy requirements i have is because ive seen nasty marriages and i don’t want the same fate to befall me not to mention i have really bad trusting issues with people. Really bad ones. What do you do when the pain of not having that little baby to wake up to or to play with overwhelms you? Also, you (think) you have a fear of commitment. When i really sit and analyse why it is im like this, i can’t help but feel i may have a fear of commitment. How can you tell if you did? What does fearing commitment really mean?
What do you do when you find your eyes suddenly overwhelming with tears and blinding your sight? Life’s gotten too much; you don’t know what to do. What do you do when no one else feels the pain not even your mother to sympathise with you? She’s had enough or you don’t find her understanding enough (your problems are too much). Not to mention she has broken your trust and told people she wasn’t mean to your secrets imsad No one will understand you. You’re far too demented and no-one is like you your thoughts and feelings aren’t really like most people and you can’t relate to a lot of people Not even your own siblings. They are very in-depth, not very normal at all Which takes me to my next point. i have talking problems. My mind works overtime and it goes too fast compared to my speed of talking. I can’t seem to articulate my words fast enough so many thoughts and feelings float through my mind too fast for me when i talk to people they look really hazed and uninterested :( I feel really lonely and de-attached as well.
Also, i feel like i maybe turning away from life like nothing really interests me. I don’t find funny what people find funny. Im just very different from people. Is there something wrong with me?
What do you do when stupid attention seeker loser “i have nothing to do in life” gossip mongers invade your privacy and as a result people feel suspicious towards you. i swear, i loathe people. I loathe their pathetic little life styles that thrive on gossip mongering and using people and spreading their private thoughts. Who does this? By allah, what loser does this! Why cant people leave you alone? Why is that so hard to achieve!
I lack adaab and sabr. I feel like a snob and judgemental, how do i be more humble? I feel like i don’t respect my parents like i should. I feel like i look down on people what do i do to improve that?
What do you do when your heart can’t take no more?
Please don’t tell me everything will be cool, cos you dont know that. Please don’t tell me you can sympathise cos you can’t.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Sister, you need to realise that all this is NONSENSE. Stop OVERTHINKING. You make complicated your life when you shouldn't.

"Ooh nobody understands me". I've heard that a million times from different people. You're not alone so stop trying to be a victim. That IS what you are doing, if you hadn't realised. A victim mentality will get you nowhere.

The bottom-line: This life is a test. Temporary. It is futile to get worried about failures in this life. If you yearn for this world too much, you will ALWAYS feel like a loser in some way or another when what you want doesn't happen. If you yearn for the hearafter more than this world, you wouldn't give two ticks if NOTHING goes your way in this world.

Improve your relationship with Allah. Stop trying to be overly philosophical. Life is too short for that!

Harsh, sorry, but sometimes people need a slap back to (true) reality. This isn't me being judgemental either. I hope you take heed of what I've said. You just seem to be wallowing in self-pity over non-issues or issues that your mind just hypes up. So what if you failed your degrees or whatever. It's all a test anyway. If you were told today you would be locked up in jail for the rest of your life, what would you do? Kill yourself cos you can't take it anymore? But that is insane cos you're here for one purpose and that is to worship Allah. You can do that wherever you are, even whilst locked up. In the same way, if the conditions are such that you can't do anything about them and they won't go away, it doesn't matter! As long as you fulfil your obligations.

Submit to Allah and trust in his decisions for you. This life isn't meant to be easy. You will always have tribulations.

The problem you have, is prioritising. You give this world too much weight that it gets you down to this extent.

Raaina
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Excellent advice from brother Alpha dude..

can I just add *hugs*

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
maybe u should thank Allah for the things u do have because Allah loves those servants who gives thanks to him.. Allah gives him more blessings in this dunya thats something that u need to remember. about having high expectations in a partner, u know that a perfect human dose not exist at all and everybody has flaws

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PersiaBeFree
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Hah! You sound like people I know. You sound like me! Some of us are just not built to be social. That is allowed!!

Have you heard of the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator? You can find groups of people with similar personality types. See if you can find an online test to determine your type. Google MBTI.

As for your other life issues, I know what that is like. I've seen people struggling with what you are struggling with. Feeling like they can't succeed at anything and it's all hopeless. Nothing seems to work. I have one recommendation: Save your money. Try to put away enough money so that it gives you at least the option to take some kind of significant action--to give some idea of yours a real shot at success. Of course, I know far to little about your life to be very helpful really. I'm just throwing out thoughts in the dark.

Good luck. Stay tough. Have a kid. ADOPT a kid.

Getoffmyback
01-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Target shooting is a good relief to me try it. Sometimes xanax . Lexatanil . Prozac , cipralex. All works too for me when life gets too much.

Hamza Asadullah
01-05-2010, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
What do you do when you have reached a point in life where you look back and noticed in many aspects of your life you have lost or just messed up? You feel like a looser and you can’t pick yourself up.You quit your course you were studying because...well you don’t know now that you think about it, but for some reason you just did and took up another one in hope to start a home based business to own some money somehow but even that idea nearly 4 years later, went up in smoke. Now you are thinking oh holy crap im such a ...dumbo...failure.
You just get everytime you trip and carry on with your life! People learn from there failures not their successes. If everyone succeeded who would ever learn anything from their life? Just because you mess up does it mean you should'nt carry on? Get up and take the hurdle until your over it!

on top of this you never really had the proper encouragement in anything so you’re not really fulfilling your full potential because you don’t know what your potential is plus every time you do want to do something, you get badly discouraged like “i don’t think you are able to do that” or “its not really your thing”.
The only person who knows what you really want is yourself. Why let others decide things for you in your life? Take advice from those wiser than you and from your parents and family etc. Make sure what your doing is within the boundaries of Islam. Decide what you want to do but look into it properly first getting the right advice. Do isthikhara and if it is positive then put full effort and determination into it giving it all you got! At the same time pray to Allah its a success, thats all you can do. If you fail then learn from it and do things better next time. Life is a learning curve. Who says that everything goes right in our lives?

You come off in a culture where your gender is **** inferior.
Depends what you mean by inferior. Does a homely role mean inferior to you? Does not going out late at night or whenever you want mean inferior to you? Is your parents trying to protect you from the harms and evils of society mean inferior to you?.

life wouldn’t be half as bad if you stuffed up your dunya life- no you could handle a tough life if you had to-but no no you just HAD to over step the sacred limits as well subhanaallah.
We have all sinned and still do in our daily lives. Some minor and some major but Allah is the most merciful and most forgiving. As long as one immediatley stops that sin and feels bad about it and repents sincerely with the intention of never committing it again then one would be forgiven.

Allah loves repentance so instead of kicking yourself about it in all of that time you could have repented and it would have been forgiven! Try it and continue repenting always because we never know when our deaths will come so we should always repent for the best sinner is the sinner who repents.

What do you do when the pain of finding that companion overwhelms you? And even if you did find them, you fear they won’t like you because you are messed up in so many ways and they will find that too much to bear with. They will find your characteristics/personalitly ugly and overbearing. Don’t tell me that people will overlook this because you know it’s a lie. What do you do that even if you did find that person; your priorities in a spouse are so high because you’ve seen so many screwed up marriages out there it puts you off so now you find your demands in a spouse are so high, there is no person that could possibly fulfil your requirements. God knows ur probz going to die a lonely old person. Dont tell me i should lower my standards, i know i will get walked all over if that was the case. Now really, i would. All these fussy requirements i have is because ive seen nasty marriages and i don’t want the same fate to befall me not to mention i have really bad trusting issues with people. Really bad ones.
Look for piety for the person who truly practices Islam is best for you. Do things the right way and if he also wants to do things the right way then he is right for you. Know that no one is perfect. Are you? Then why should you demand perfect? Demand someone pious and practising.

If people have said good about him then do isthikhara and ask of Allah and if the sign is positive then go for it. Don't be fooled by the 'perfect man' dream for there is no such thing as a perfect human apart from our beloved Rasulallah(Pbuh).

Look at your own characteristics and work on the characteristic which is holding you back. Who says you can't change? We all have to make changes in our lives in order to move forward so of course you can do the same!

Your trust issues may have resulted from your own past. You cannot paint everyone with the same brush.

Here are some tips Shaykh Saleh Al-Munajjid gives sisters seeking a husband and what they should look for:

Religious Commitment

This is the most important thing to look for in the man you want to marry. The husband should be a Muslim who adheres to all the laws and teachings of Islam in his daily life. The woman�s guardian (wali) should strive to check out this matter and not rely only on outward appearances. One of the most important things to ask about is the man's prayer (salaah); the one who neglects the rights of Allaah is more likely to neglect the rights of others. The true believer does not oppress or mistreat his wife; if he loves her, he honours her, and if he does not love her, he does not mistreat or humiliate her. It is very rare to find this attitude among those who are not sincere Muslims. Allaah says:

'And verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you' [al-Baqarah 2:221]

'Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwaa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]' [al-Hujuraat 49:13] 'Good statements are for good people (or good women for good men) and good people for good statements (or good men for good women)' [al-Noor 24:26]

The Prophet (sallallaaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said:

'If there comes to you one whose religious commitment and attitude pleases you, then marry [your female relative who is under your care] to him, for if you do not do that, there will be tribulation on earth and much corruption.' (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi)

As well as being religiously committed, it is preferable that he should come from a good family and a known lineage. If two men come to propose marriage to one woman, and they are equal in terms of religious commitment, then preference should be given to the one who comes from a good family that is known for its adherence to the commands of Allaah, so long as the other person is not better than him in terms of religious commitment ' because the righteousness of the husband's close relatives could be passed on to his children and his good origins and lineage may make him refrain from many foolish and cheap actions. The righteousness of the father and grandfather are beneficial to the children and grandchildren. Allaah says:

"And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord' [al-Kahf 18:82].

See how Allaah protected their father's wealth for the two boys after the father died, as an honour to him because of his righteousness and taqwaa. By the same token, if the husband comes from a righteous family and his parents are good, Allaah will make things easy for him and protect him as an honour to his parents.

It is good if he has sufficient wealth to keep him and his family from having to ask people for anything, because the Prophet (salawaatullaahi wa salaamuhu 'alaih) said to Faatimah bint Qays (may Allaah be pleased with her), when she came to consult him about three men who had proposed marriage to her, 'As for Mu'aawiyah, he is a poor man who has no wealth" (Narrated by Muslim, 1480).

It is not essential that he should be a businessman or rich, it is sufficient for him to have an income that will keep him and his family from having to ask people for anything. If there is a choice between a man who is religiously committed and a man who is wealthy, then the religious man should be given preference over the wealthy man.

It is preferable that he should be kind and gentle towards women, because the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said to Faatimah bint Qays, in the hadeeth quoted above, 'As for Abu Jaham, his stick never leaves his shoulder', referring to the fact that he used to beat women a lot.

It is good if he is sound of body and healthy, free of faults, sickness, etc., and not disabled or sterile.

It is preferable that he should have knowledge of the Qur'aan and Sunnah ; if you find someone like this it is good, otherwise you should realize that this is something rare.

It is permissible for the woman to look at the man who comes to propose marriage, and for him to look at her. This should be in the presence of her mahram, and it is not permitted to look more than is necessary, or for him to see her alone, or for her to go out with him on her own, or to meet repeatedly for no reason.

According to Islam, the woman's wali (guardian) should check on the man who proposes marriage to the woman who is under his guardianship; he should ask those whom he trusts among those who mix with him and who know him, about his commitment to Islam and his trustworthiness. He should ask them for an honest opinion and sincere, sound advice.

Before and during all of this, you must turn towards Allaah and pray to Him to make it easy for you and help you to make a good choice and to grant you wisdom. Then after all these efforts, when you have decided on a particular person, you should pray Istikhaarah, asking Allaah for that which is good. Then after you have done your utmost, put your trust in Allaah, for He is the best of helpers, may He be glorified.

What do you do when the pain of not having that little baby to wake up to or to play with overwhelms you? Also, you (think) you have a fear of commitment. When i really sit and analyse why it is im like this, i can’t help but feel i may have a fear of commitment. How can you tell if you did? What does fearing commitment really mean?
You can have as many babys as Allah wills after marriages inshallah but your first priority should be findng the pious person to marry.

You mean fear as in committing to that one person your whole life? We all fear that which we do not understand or have'nt experienced. When you find that loving and caring husband then you will think why was i ever in any fear?I feared going into Highschool when i was in juniors but when i got to High School it was fine.

I feared going into College when i ws in High school but when i got to college it was fine. Sameway i fear about going into University but when i got theree i thought why was i ever in fear? Sameway we fear about getting into old age(If we make it that far) but when we get there we'll be fine inshallah. So just take one day at a time and don't think too far ahead because we do not know if we will be alive tomorrow let alone at some point in the future. So take everyday as it comes and make the best use of the present!

What do you do when you find your eyes suddenly overwhelming with tears and blinding your sight? Life’s gotten too much; you don’t know what to do. What do you do when no one else feels the pain not even your mother to sympathise with you? She’s had enough or you don’t find her understanding enough (your problems are too much). Not to mention she has broken your trust and told people she wasn’t mean to your secrets imsad No one will understand you. You’re far too demented and no-one is like you your thoughts and feelings aren’t really like most people and you can’t relate to a lot of people Not even your own siblings. They are very in-depth, not very normal at all Which takes me to my next point.
Maybe its because your life has been devoid of the remembrance of Allah. Those hearts devoin of the rememrance of Allah are dead and those that remember Allah all of the time are very much alive. If a person is far from deen then there life wil be devoid of peace, blessings, tranquility and happiness. Its time you made big changes instead of feeling sorry for yourself. its time to take action rather than to think about how things have gone horribly wrong. It is shaythan who wants you to feel disillusioned with life and that thee is no hope. A Muslim puts there full hopes. faith,trust and reliance in Allah and if they are tested then they bare with it with patience accepting it is a decreee from Allah. But if one has no connection with Allah and instead rely on people then inevitabley those people will get hurt and let down.

If you caused the pain to yourself then you have to accept that it may have been caused by going out of the boundaires set by Allah. If we go out of the boundaries and experience pain then it is because we chose to go down that path so we have to take responsibility for the choices we made in life.

Learn from the past and take lessons from it. We all learn from our failings so do things better now and the future. That is a part of life where you make mistakes and do things better next time around.

But feeling sorry for yourself all of the time is never going to help anyone. Take action and do the right things in every aspect of your life putting your trust in Allah and things will get better inshallah.

i have talking problems. My mind works overtime and it goes too fast compared to my speed of talking. I can’t seem to articulate my words fast enough so many thoughts and feelings float through my mind too fast for me when i talk to people they look really hazed and uninterested :( I feel really lonely and de-attached as well.
A person should not talk before thinking but they should think before they talk. If you constantly talk without thinking then you will say the wrong things to people and say things which have little or no weight.Step back and think before saying anything.Make the necessary changes in your life in regards to your character and personality. Better yourself as a person. We should all be self evaluating ourselves everyday and write down what we should do to change ourselves for the better and set ourselves targets to change those things about ourselves in order that we become better people. The best person is the one who is best towards others.

Also, i feel like i maybe turning away from life like nothing really interests me. I don’t find funny what people find funny. Im just very different from people. Is there something wrong with me?
Choose those people as your friends who will benefit you in a good way in this life and the next. Those who lead you towards sin like gossipping backbiting, slandering, talking about guys, movies,celebs all of the time etc and those who influence you to commit sin, these are the types of people that you should forsake from your life as these types of people are not your true friends. True friends take you towards Jannah and success and bad friends take you towards destruction.

If you hang around with the wrong types of people then their dirt will inevitabley rub off on you. Stop hanging around with the wrong types of peole and make friends with good and pious sisters who will benefit you in this world and the next. Join a sisters circle or a halaqa and learn about deen. Without knowledge we will remain lost and confused. Knowledge opens many doors and closes the doors of confusion and misconception.

What do you do when stupid attention seeker loser “i have nothing to do in life” gossip mongers invade your privacy and as a result people feel suspicious towards you. i swear, i loathe people. I loathe their pathetic little life styles that thrive on gossip mongering and using people and spreading their private thoughts. Who does this? By allah, what loser does this! Why cant people leave you alone? Why is that so hard to achieve!
As mentioned above if you involve yourself with these types of people then they will effect you with their dirt. Keep away from them and there dirt won't affect you. Dissassociate yourself with these people altogether otherwise you will continue to get affected with their dirt.

I lack adaab and sabr. I feel like a snob and judgemental, how do i be more humble? I feel like i don’t respect my parents like i should. I feel like i look down on people what do i do to improve that?
Treat others how you would want to be treated yourself. Woudl you want to be judged and trated in the way you treat others? If you don;t then treat them the way you want to be treated. That is the best way of knowing how to treat others.

Your parents have a right over you to be treated the best, even if they treat you the worst. You should not even say 'uff' to them.

Allah has given a very high position to parents particularly your mother. Therefore you should treat them the best and be patient towards them otherwise Allah will cause your own children to treat you exactley how you treated your parents!

Consider the following:

Humility

Humility is one of the greatest blessings that Allaah can bestow upon His slave. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And by the Mercy of Allaah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:159]

“And verily, you (O Muhammad) are on an exalted (standard of) character”

[al-Qalam 68:4]

This refers to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) being a true slave of Allaah in many ways and his treating all people with the utmost kindness. His character was one of complete humility based on sincerity towards Allaah and compassion towards the slaves of Allaah, which was the complete opposite of the characteristics of the proud and arrogant.

Al-Majmoo’ al-Kaamilah li Mu’allafaat al-Shaykh al-Sa’di, 5/442, 443

There are many means of attaining humility, which no Muslim adopts but he will attain this characteristic. They were explained by Imam Ibn al-Qayyim as follows:

Humility comes from knowing about Allaah and His names and attributes, and His greatness, venerating Him, loving Him and being in awe of Him; and also from knowing about oneself and one’s faults, and weaknesses. From that may develop the attitude of humility, which means feeling helpless before Allaah, and being humble and compassionate towards His slaves, so that the person does not feel superior towards anyone, or think that he has any rights over anyone else; rather he thinks that others are better than him, and that their rights come before his. This is a characteristic that Allaah gives to those whom He loves, honours and draws close to Him.

Al-Rooh, p. 233.

There are many reports which speak of the reward of humility. For example:

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Wealth does not decrease because of charity, and Allaah increases His slave in honour when he forgives others. And no one humbles himself before Allaah but Allaah will raise him (in status).”

Narrated by Muslim, 2588. Al-Nawawi included it in a chapter entitled: “The recommendation of forgiveness and humility.”

Al-Nawawi said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “And no one humbles himself before Allaah but Allaah will raise him (in status).” This is understood in two ways: the first is that He will raise him (in status) in this world, and give him status in people’s hearts because of his humility, and give him a high status in people’s eyes. The second is that what is meant is his reward in the Hereafter, where his status will be raised because of his humility in this world.

The scholars said: It may be that both are meant, (and that his status will be raised) both in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allaah knows best.

Sharh Muslim, 16/142.

Importance of Adab

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told us that, 'I was only sent to perfect noble character.' [ Muwatta' and Musnad of Ahmad]

He also said (peace and blessings be upon him), 'The best of you are those best in character.' [Bukhari]

And, 'Among the most perfect of believers are those best in character.' [Tirmidhi and Hakim]

And he also said, 'Among the most beloved of you to me and the closest to me in sitting on the Day of Judgment are the best of you in character.' [Tirmidhi]

The Beloved of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) was asked, 'O Messenger of Allah, who are the most beloved of the servants of Allah to Allah?' He said, 'The best of them in character.' [Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ibn Hibban, Hakim, and Tabarani]

And he told us (peace and blessings be upon him) that, 'Righteousness ( birr) is good character.' [Muslim, and Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad]

And, 'There is nothing heavier on the Scales than good character.' [Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, who declared it rigorously authenticated (sahih), and Ibn Hibban]

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was asked about what things enter people in Paradise. He said (Allah bless him and give him peace), 'God-fearing (taqwa) and good character.' [Tirmidhi, Ibn Hibban, both of whom declared it rigorously authenticated, and Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad]

This is why the Beloved of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) explained the general principles and important particulars of dealing with others: social harmony and conduct has great spiritual implications.

The scholars explain that the basis of good character in one�s dealings with others is, above all to avoid harming, annoying or inconveniencing them.

The Light of Guidance, our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) explained that, 'The [true] Muslim is one from whose tongue and hand other Muslims are safe.' [Bukhari and Muslim]

Thus, any act that harms, annoys, or inconveniences others, without sound justification, is a manifestation of bad character, and contrary to the sunna of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace). When we understand the manners prescribed by the Prophet whom Allah Most High Himself described as being, 'Of tremendous character,' and whose example was praised as, 'The most beautiful of examples' in the Qur'an, we see that their basis is to promote the social good, and spread love and mercy between humanity.

Allah tells us:

025.063 The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish ones address them answer: Peace;

025.064 And who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing,

025.065 And who say: Our Lord! Avert from us the doom of hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish;

025.066 Lo! it is wretched as abode and station;

025.067 And those who, when they spend, are neither prodigal nor grudging; and there is ever a firm station between the two;

And Allah alone gives success.

Sourcehttp://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1992&CATE=30

Humility may mean various things, such as:

1. A person humbling himself to the commands and prohibitions of Allaah, doing what He commands and avoiding what He forbids.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

Because a person may hesitate to obey His commands out of laziness, thus behaving in a reluctant way in an attempt to flee from servitude towards Allaah, and his soul may have the desire to commit haraam actions, but when the person humbles himself to the commands and prohibitions of Allaah, he will humble himself to true submission (‘uboodiyyah).

Al-Rooh p. 233.

2. Humbling oneself before the might, majesty and power of Allaah.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

Every time he feels that he is great, he remembers the might of Allaah and that might belongs to Him only, and he remembers His intense anger against those who compete with Him in that, then he humbles himself before Him and submits to the might of Allaah. This is the ultimate humility and inevitably includes the first type of humility mentioned above, but the converse can never apply (i.e., this type of humility inevitably leads to the first type, but a person may submit to the commands and prohibitions of Allaah but he does not humble himself before His might).

The one who is truly humble is the one who is blessed with both. And Allaah is the One Whose help we seek.

Al-Rooh, p. 233.

3. Humility in one’s dress and manner of walking.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whilst a man was letting his garment drag out of pride, he was swallowed up by the earth and will continue sinking in it until the Day of Resurrection.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3297.

It was also narrated by al-Bukhaari (5452) and Muslim (2088) from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah. According to the version narrated by al-Bukhaari: “Whilst a man was walking in a garment admiring himself with his hair nicely combed, Allaah caused (the earth) to swallow him up and he will continue sinking in it until the Day of Resurrection.”

4. Humility towards one who is of a lesser status and helping him

It was narrated that al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was moving soil with us on the day of al-Ahzaab, and I saw him with dust covering the whiteness of his stomach, and he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) was saying, “(O Allaah)! Without You, we would not have been guided, nor would we have given in charity, nor would we have prayed. So (O Allaah!) send tranquility (Sakeenah) upon us as they (the chiefs of the enemy tribes) have rebelled against us. And if they intend affliction (i.e. want to frighten us and fight against us) then we would not (flee but would withstand them).” And he raised his voice whilst saying it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6809; Muslim, 1803.

5. Humility in interactions with one’s wife and helping her.

It was narrated that al-Aswad said: I asked ‘Aa’ishah what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do in his house, and she said: He used to serve his family and when the time for prayer came he would go out and pray.

al-Bukhaari, 644.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This shows that we are encouraged to be humble and not arrogant, and that a man should serve his family.

Fath al-Baari, 2/163

6. Humility towards the young and joking with them.

It was narrated that Anas said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the best of people in character. I had a brother whose name was Abu ‘Umayr. He said, I think he was weaned, and when he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) came he would say, “O Abu Umayr, what happened to the nughayr (a small bird that he kept as a pet)?”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5850; Muslim, 2150.

Al-Nawawi said:

The nughayr is a small bird.

This hadeeth teaches us many things, such as being kind to small children. This demonstrates the good character of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and how he was of noble character and humble.

Sharh Muslim, 14/129

7. Humility towards servants and slaves

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the servant of one of you brings his food and he does not want to make him sit and eat with him, then let him offer him a morsel or two, because he has prepared it and served it.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2418 and 5144; Muslim, 1663.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/30864

Prophetic Guidance: On forbearance, patience and kindness

from Imam Nawawi's Riyad al-Salihin ('Gardens of the Righteous')

Allah Almighty says, "Those who control their rage and pardon other people. Allah loves the do good-doers," (3:134) and the Almighty says, "Make allowances for people, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant." (7:199) The Almighty says, "Good action and bad action are not the same. Repel the bad with what is better and, if there is enmity between you and someone else, he will be like a bosom friend. None will obtain it but those who are truly steadfast. None will obtain it but those who have great good fortune." (41:33-34; 41:34-35) The Almighty says, "But if someone is steadfast and forgives, that is the most resolute course to follow." (W42:40; H42:43)

632. Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to Ashajj 'Abdu'l-Qays, "You have two qualities which Allah loves: forbearance and steadiness." [Muslim]

633. 'A'isha reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah is kind and loves kindness in every matter." [Agreed upon

634. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah is kind and loves kindness and gives for gentleness what he does not give for harshness nor for anything else." [Muslim]

635. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Whenever kindness is in a thing it adorns it, and whenever it is removed from anything, it disfigures it." [Muslim]

636. Abu Hurayra said, "A bedouin urinated in the mosque. The people moved towards him and the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Let him be and pour a bucket or pail of water onto his urine. You were sent to make things easy and not to make them difficult.'" [al-Bukhari]

637. Anas reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Make things easy for people and do not make them difficult. Give good news to people and do not frighten them away." [Agreed upon]

638. Jarir ibn 'Abdullah said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Whoever is deprived of kindness is deprived of all good.'" [Muslim]

639. Abu Hurayra reported that a man said to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Advise me." He said, "Do not get angry." He repeated his request several times and the Prophet said, "Do not get angry." [al-Bukhari]

640. Abu Yala Shaddad ibn Aws reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah has prescribed good for everything. So when you kill, kill well. When you sacrifice, sacrifice well. Each of you should sharpen the edge of his knife and should calm down his sacrificial animal." [Muslim]

641. 'A'isha said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was never given a choice between two matters without taking the easier of them, as long as it was not a wrong action. If it was a wrong action, he was the furthest of people from it. The Messenger of Allah did not take revenge for himself in respect of anything unless it violated the sanctity of Allah. Then he would take revenge for the sake of Allah Almighty." [Agreed upon]

642. Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Shall I tell you who is unlawful for the Fire - or the one for whom the Fire is unlawful? It is unlawful for everyone who is easy, flexible, modest and uncomplicated." [at-Tirmidhi]�

Sourcehttp://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=4322&CATE=17

What do you do when your heart can’t take no more?
Please don’t tell me everything will be cool, cos you dont know that. Please don’t tell me you can sympathise cos you can’t.
You turn to Allah for he is the only one who can heal your heart. Make a connection with Allah and obey all of his commands so that he gives you peace, tranquility, contentment and happiness in your life.

Let us be truthful most of us in this life are looking for contentment in our hearts. It is contentment which leads to happiness.

Many of us will look for contentment in wealth so we chase this life and put all of our efforts into making the best of life in this world. That may mean an imbalance of work-life. This would mean putting ones own career or work in front of other aspects of our lives. What if we were to die the next day will we take our wealth with us? Others may look for contentment in love until we get let down and used.

Some people look for contentment there whole lives and never find quite find it. It is because they are looking for contentment in the wrong places. Contentment can only be found with God. He is the only one we can truly rely on and put our full faith, trust, hopes and reliance in and he is the only one that can give our hearts the peace, tranquillity, contentment and happiness it is looking for.

There are many rich people living in misery because they have not found in opulence the real sense of wealth they were seeking. There are many people in high positions but are not happy and have not experienced any stability or peace of mind. There are others who have large families with many children but are unhappy, anxious and dissatisfied with life.

On the other hand, one may find a person who is poor, does not enjoy a high standing in the community and does not have children, but has a large heart and peace of mind. A poor man may be living in an humble shack but is happy and contented while a rich man may be living in a spacious palace but is still unhappy.

The difference between the two kinds is that in the last example, though the man is poor Allah has blessed him with contentment (Ridha). Being content with life is a weapon against its many miseries.

A society that calls people to piety, reminds them of their duty to Allah, and in whose midst one smells the fragrance of righteousness is a truly contented society that feels the need for this religion the way water and air are necessary for life.

Disturbances, discords, humiliation, fear and chaos are all related to being contented with religion and that Islam is the perfect religion that is suitable for every age and place. It is the religion of compassion, kindness, strength, truth, honesty and uprightness in which people worship Allah alone.

To attain contentment with what Allah gives can only be had by obeying Him. Blessings (Barakah) in one’s livelihood (Rizq) and in everything else can only be attained by being mindful of Allah Almighty and fearing Him by inculcating righteousness and piety.

True happiness, contented hearts and good living can only be achieved by obeying Allah. By glorifying Allah through Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and performance of prayer (salaat) can one achieve happiness, contentment, peace and tranquillity in ones heart.

"Verily! Only in the Remembrance of Allah will your heart find peace."
Quran (Surah 13: Verse 29)

So make the changes now sister there is no time to waste. Death can come ANY second and by then it would have been too late. Go towards Allah and obey his commands putting your FULL trust faith, hopes and reliance in him and you will NEVER feel let down and you will feel peace, tranquility, contentment and happiness in your heart that you NEVER felt before!

Watch these short clips:

Never lose hope in Allah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58g-ZNWxv20

Are You Going Through Hardships In Life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJNLdOWcIQ

roohani.doctor
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
..........[posted twice - see below]:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

roohani.doctor
01-05-2010, 02:40 AM
It sounds like you've gotten so lost inside your own problems that you can only think about YOU YOU and YOU.

You need to realise that while self-pity is allowed sometimes.. at the end of the day, YOU are the only who has the power to change yourself.

Life is not easy. It was not meant to be. We can either 1) moan and complain about nothing working out and every body hating us etc etc or 2) accept ourselves as we are and be thankful that we are better off than so many others.

I realise it's easy to say all this and much harder to follow. Start by being optimistic. Like PersiaBeFree said, not all of are social butterflies. I dont like being around people that much. Dont get me wrong. I love love people in general. I am just not good with strangers etc...I used to be like you. Very sad and always depressed. Felt like no one cared or understood me pain. But I realised that if I continued feeling sorry for meself, I WILL become a loner. no one is gonna feel sorry for me. Believe me, no one wants to be around someone who is constantly depressed.

You have to look at the best in people. No one is perfect. And honestly (I know it probably isnt easy to hear) but you have to put your faith and trust in Allah more. Life WILL move on - dont let yourself fall behind cuz of superficial things.

Eric H
01-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Greetings and peace be with you anonymous; there is always hope, never give up.

I like the response by londonfog, it was very encouraging.

We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.
The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.