/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on clothing

muslimsister1
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in gud health, this is more for the sisters... i wear abayas 24/7, i only wear tops n jeans if i was to go out with my husband, the thing is i need some ideas to smarten myself up... cuz i jst feel that i dnt luk gud enough for my husband not that he ever says that. All the abays i have are all black n so is the hijab, i jst want to luk better for my husband n feel that im limited with ideas, im very comfortable with my abaya n Inshallah dnt think that i will ever go back to wearing normal clothes, i would be very grateful for any ideas.

Jazakallah.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Alaikum asalaam sis.

Have you thought of maybe wearing a cardigan over your abaya or a jean/other material vest?
Maybe a cropped jacket?

Just little ideas. Hope they helped. :)

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
sometimes i think my bum looks huge in my jilbab :( and i dont know why i feel that way cos i'm slim.

Hamza Asadullah
01-04-2010, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1
:sl:

Hope your all in gud health, this is more for the sisters... i wear abayas 24/7, i only wear tops n jeans if i was to go out with my husband, the thing is i need some ideas to smarten myself up... cuz i jst feel that i dnt luk gud enough for my husband not that he ever says that. All the abays i have are all black n so is the hijab, i jst want to luk better for my husband n feel that im limited with ideas, im very comfortable with my abaya n Inshallah dnt think that i will ever go back to wearing normal clothes, i would be very grateful for any ideas.

Jazakallah.

:wa:
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister most women get paranoid about themselves and this is most likely just the whispers of shaythan who knows the weakness of women when it comes to their appearance. I would urge you to talk to your husband about these things. Express your feelings to him don't keep it in. Share with him how you feel and trust me most likely he will say to u 'don't be silly'.

If you talk to him about it then he will tell you how he really feels rather than just getting paranoid for no reason. Always keep communication strong in your marriage. Always tell him how your feeling and ask him how he is feeling. Don't just assume what he is thinking or feeling but ask. He is your life and soul partner so what is stopping you from sharing your feelings and asking him his? By doing this you will both gain a much better and deeper undrstanding with each other.

Also sister it must be noted that when you go out you must not wear any flashy colours that will attract unwanted attention to yourself. Don't wear any tight tops ontop of your jilbab or anything like that. Look as simple as possible. Do not 'doll yourself up' when going out for this will surely attract attention.

When your at home with your partner then you can wear what you want in front of him. But be VERY careful of what you wear when you go out lest you attract lustful glances from others.

Don't let shaythan whisper to you that you don't look attractive. The women who cover what they are ordained to cover are more beautiful in the sight of Allah than women who don't. You are your partners precious jewel only to be admired by his eyes and not anyone elses.

Hijaab is not a fashion accessory

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...accessory.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
sometimes i think my bum looks huge in my jilbab :( and i dont know why i feel that way cos i'm slim.
keep those kinda details in the sisters section please!

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
keep those kinda details in the sisters section please!
and keep your geeky jokes in your pocket sir joke sir lot

harrus
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
yes ur very personal i think you should stop that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.