/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Medical advice please

AnonymousPoster
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I have couple of lumps in my left armpit. It hurts when i touch it but it isnt red just sore.
Should this mean something or should i just ignore it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimsister1
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
:sl:

My advice is to go and see a doctor, Inshallah it will be nothing but still go and see what the doctor says.

:wa:

zakirs
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
The issue of lumps needs doctors attention go to one immediately. It might not be serious but we should not neglect it :)

Raaina
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Only a doctor can give you medical advice. Don't look online and scare yourself, just go and get them checked. They are probably harmless cysts just under your skin. But better to be safe then sorry :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Jazzakallah khair for all the replies.

I did think of going to the doctor but i dont think i should. I find it very difficult to talk to my doctor. It will take a lot of persuasion for her to take this matter serious. Most of the time she doesnt bother doing physical checks and she is very reluctant to send her patients for check-ups at the hospitals.
and another thing is i would feel silly and embarrassed if this is harmless cysts just under my arms like sis Mystical_moon said.

Inshallah i will wait few more weeks and if these lumps dont go away i will probably see my doctor.

AnonymousPoster
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
:salamext:

i had a lump near my chest, the nurse thought it was just infection. but we later on removed it and they found it was cancerous. do check it out. :)

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Jazzakallah khair for all the replies.

I did think of going to the doctor but i dont think i should. I find it very difficult to talk to my doctor. It will take a lot of persuasion for her to take this matter serious. Most of the time she doesnt bother doing physical checks and she is very reluctant to send her patients for check-ups at the hospitals.
and another thing is i would feel silly and embarrassed if this is harmless cysts just under my arms like sis Mystical_moon said.

Inshallah i will wait few more weeks and if these lumps dont go away i will probably see my doctor.
don't leave it a couple of weeks go now straight to the hospital and get it checked out. dont go to that doctor if shes not going to send u to the hospital then u don't need to visit that so called doctor again. tell them u need emergency check up and that your feeling pain. you never know what it could be..may Allah give u shifa Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
01-05-2010, 12:37 AM
I have couple of lumps in my left armpit. It hurts when i touch it but it isnt red just sore.
Should this mean something or should i just ignore it?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Lumps in the armpit may have various causes. It could be a Cyst or Abscess or your lymph nodes swollen up due to many causes. It is always best to get it checked out just to get the all clear.

If this is how you feel about your current doctor then i would urge you to change doctors because you need a doctor that your comfortable with not one who you hesitate to see because that may be dangerous especially if in the case of a cancer where it should be caught early as possible and if you have a doctor like that then you would only end up going when it gets serious. Change your codtor immediatley and get this problem sorted inshallah.

PersiaBeFree
01-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Any other symptoms?

Any sign of an infection? A cut or sore spot somewhere else on your body? The armpit has lymph glands that swell when you're fighting an infection.

How is your overall health apart from that? Any fatigue? Do you eat a good diet?

I'm no doctor, but that would be additional info if you are trying to decide whether to have it checked or not.

*charisma*
01-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

If it's a painful cyst..it's going to get worse, and at some point it may be intolerable. The only way of removal I know of is the doc cuts it open and lets it drain out. Inshallah it's nothing dangerous, and inshallah it gets better... but you should get it checked out.

fi aman allah
wsalaam

AnonymousPoster
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersiaBeFree
Any other symptoms?

Any sign of an infection? A cut or sore spot somewhere else on your body? The armpit has lymph glands that swell when you're fighting an infection.

How is your overall health apart from that? Any fatigue? Do you eat a good diet?

I'm no doctor, but that would be additional info if you are trying to decide whether to have it checked or not.
Well im not sure if this is a symptom but i have gained a lot of weight in the last few months -more than 10kg. Also (im sorry if this is too personal) i never had any problems with my period but the past few months they have been very painful.

I have also noticed that a third lump is growing now. The other two lumps are not getting bigger (they are still pea-sized) and its painless now. It has been nearly ten days since i have noticed them .
I have done some research about this and apparently this can be due to an infection or shaving. I have not shaved for a very long time and if its due to shaving shouldnt i have lumps on both of my arms rather than just the left one?
and no i have not a cut or sore spot somewhere else in my body.
Im rarely sick alhamdulilah but to be honest i dont eat a good diet.

Raaina
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Well im not sure if this is a symptom but i have gained a lot of weight in the last few months -more than 10kg. Also (im sorry if this is too personal) i never had any problems with my period but the past few months they have been very painful.

I have also noticed that a third lump is growing now. The other two lumps are not getting bigger (they are still pea-sized) and its painless now. It has been nearly ten days since i have noticed them .
I have done some research about this and apparently this can be due to an infection or shaving. I have not shaved for a very long time and if its due to shaving shouldnt i have lumps on both of my arms rather than just the left one?
If you are sick, it could be your body is fighting the infection.
They could be ingrowing hairs, I know you said you haven't shaved for a while, but this could still be an explanation. Since more are appearing, I'd go and see a doctor, it's probably nothing to worry about, but it will put your mind at rest.

And if you are unhappy with your doctor, you could probably go and see a nurse for this, or ask to see a different doctor. :statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
01-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb sister instead of making assumptions go and see a doctor immediatley. There is no wisdom in doing your own research on matters like this. You need to get it checked properly by your doctor and if you don't like your current doctor then change to another one.

cat eyes
01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
If you are sick, it could be your body is fighting the infection.
They could be ingrowing hairs, I know you said you haven't shaved for a while, but this could still be an explanation. Since more are appearing, I'd go and see a doctor, it's probably nothing to worry about, but it will put your mind at rest.

And if you are unhappy with your doctor, you could probably go and see a nurse for this, or ask to see a different doctor. :statisfie
you could be right sis. i heard a story about a brother who lost his job and he was at home for months and months just sitting around not doing anything he started getting severe pains in his back and he went to the doctor and the doctor sent him to hospital what happened was the hairs grew inside of his back +o( sister told me at the mosque. think it was her friends husband. but op dont make assumptions go straight to doctor now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.