[Father name] [my name]

but the correct method is
[my name] [Father name]

now in some of my certificates my name is stated like this
[Father name] [my name] but now in my university id again :phew
my name comes like this [my name] [Father name]

now what should I do ? shall Inform the university to change my name like
this [Father name] [my name] or keep it in the correct way
[my name] [Father name] and prepare a legal document saying I have two legal names :hmm:

please advice is appreciated !!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
:sl:
IT depends on the country you live in.I would just avoid ask univ to change name as it was in school.Changing names is lots of work.

People still call you by your nickname anyway :(

Raaina
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't understand the importance of name order. As long as your name is correct.

It's probably because i'm a Westener :p
But i'm sure legally, as long as your name is correct, it won't matter which way they are presented.

Maybe someone with more knowledge could advise you better actually.

Sorry :(

Rafeeq
01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I think to save yourself for any hurdle in future, ask your Uni to change it as it is in your documents earlier.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-06-2010, 11:24 PM
:sl:

Use the name that is on your Birth Certificate/Passport. It will save you a lot of hassle in explanations if you are ever asked to provide ID.

However if you want your name changed officially to how it appears on your Birth certificate, you will need to do this by deed poll through a solicitor. Bear in mind your name will never be changed on your birth cert. In the UK this costs about £35/40. You will then need to provide the deed poll document to whomever/wherever you want your new name to appear.

:wa:

Cabdullahi
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
it is oki if yoor farther is in froont dont vorry and ven its the other vay it is also okai

aadil77
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
it is oki if yoor farther is in froont dont vorry and ven its the other vay it is also okai
harsh bro lol;D, I was looking to see if anyone had corrected the brother on his spelling of 'farther'

Cabdullahi
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
i joke because thats how i socialize i dont mean to be harsh...i can never be harsh

syilla
01-07-2010, 12:54 AM
lol... i understand what you're saying. The westerner keep replying my email by saying... Dear Mr. Ahmad... huhuhu

Grofica
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
depends on the country you are in.... you NEED to write it how they write it or how can you expect them to know which is which. in america we write both ways but there is some etticate to it....

Smith, Joe

the , (comma) tells us thats a last name and then first name

Joe Smith

is how we normally write and we just know...

Mr.President
01-07-2010, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i joke because thats how i socialize i dont mean to be harsh...i can never be harsh
ha ha :embarrass thx I corrected da mistake

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.