/* */

PDA

View Full Version : duas for my trip to st lous

markislam
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
please make duas for me iam going to st louis , day after tomorrow on a important trip.

please pray for safety and that i will accomplish what i am going there for during this cold weather :nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
please make duas for me iam going to st louis , day after tomorrow on a important trip.

please pray for safety and that i will accomplish what i am going there for during this cold weather :nervous:
Ameen .

Hope you have a safe and sound journey bro :)

Snowflake
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
May Allah bless your journey and make it easy for you. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, May Allah keep you safe on this journey and put you under his protection and also bring you back safely. Ameen.

Here are the Sunnah of undertaking a journey:

Sunnats of travel

1. To read 4 rakats of Naafl prayer before setting out on a journey (Majmauz-Zawaid)

2. Rasulallah (Pbuh) preferred to commence a journey on a Thursday. (Bukhari)

3. It is preferable to set out on a journey early in the morning (Tirmidhi)

4. It is forbidden to set out on a journey after the Jummah Azaan and before Jummah Namaaz. (Tirmidhi)

5. Rasulallah (Pbuh) refrained from setting out on a journey alone. He preferred a group of three and he stated that four companions to set out on a journey with was preferable. (Abu Dawud)

6. Rasulallah (Pbuh) stated that if more than three people were travelling then one should be appointed as leader (Ameer) (Abu Dawud)

7. The leader of the group is the one who serves the group. (Baihaqi)

8. Before setting out on a journey one should meet one’s friends and relatives and make dua for them in the following words:

Asthaw deenaka wa amaa nathaka wa khawaa theema amalika

“I hand over to Allah your deen your trustworthiness and your end result”

and also recite the following dua:

asthawdi okomullahalladhee laa thudee‘u wa daa’i’ee

“I entrust (hand) you to Allah whose charge and deposit is never lost”

9. When leaving home on the commencement of a journey one should read the following dua:

Bismillaahi thawakkalthu alallahi wala hawla wala quwatha illah billah

“In the name of Allah, I trust in Allah, there is no power and might except from Allah”. (Mishkaat)

and also read the following dua:

Allaahumma antha rafeeqee fee safaree wa khaleefathee fee a’hlee wamaa lee

“O Allah You are my companion in my journey and after me my guardian of my family and wealth”

10. When one boards any vehicle, he should read: “Bismillah”:- In the name of Allah

11. When seated one should read:- “Alhamdulillah”:- All praise be to Allah

Thereafter one should read the following dua:

Subhaanalladhee sakharalana haadhaa wamaa kunnaa lahu muqrineen wa innaa ilaa rabinaa lamun qaliboon

Purity belongs to Allah, who has subjected this conveyance for us and we were not capable of controlling it and surely to our sustainer we are to return” (Mishkaat)

Then one should say the following three times:

Alhamdulillah:- All praise be to Allah

Allaahu Akbar:- Allah is the greatest

Laa ilaaha ilallah:- There is no worthy of worship except Allah

Then follow this with asthaghfaar:-

Subhaanaka innee dhalamtu nafsee fa’ghfirlee innahu laa yaghfirudhunuba illaa anth

Purity belongs to You. Surely I have wronged myself so forgive me. Indeed none forgives sins besides You. (Mishkaat)

12. When one ascends or attempts to reach any height then one should say: “Allaahu Akbar”:- Allah is the greatest

13. When descending from any height then one should say: “Subhaanallah”:- Purity belongs to Allah

14. When one slips or experiences an accident they should say: “Bismillah”:- In the name of Allah

15. When travelling on a ship or boat,canoe or other floating object then one should read:

Bismillahi mujreehaa wamursaahaa inna rabbee laghafooruraheem

“In the name of Allah is it sailing and anchoring. Surely my Rabb is most forgiving and most merciful”

Inshallah by reading this dua one is safe from the sinking of the boat,ship,canoe etc

16. When stopping en route at any place one should read:

A’uzu bikalimathillaah-hithammaathi minsharri maa khalaq

“I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil of that which He has created”

As long as the person who utters these words remains at that place then no harm shall befall him inshallah (Muslim)

17. When one enters a town or villiage,settlement etc then one should read:-

Allaahumma baarik lanaa feehaa

“O Allah bless us in this (village,town settlement etc)” (Tibrani)

18. When one reaches one’s destination then recite the following:

Rabbi anzilnee munzalan mubaarakan wa antha khayrul munzileen

“My Rabb caused me to set foot on a blessed land and You are the best of those who brings me to this land”.

19. Upon returning from a journey one should read:

Aa iboona thaa iboona ‘aabidoona saajidoona lirabbinaa haamidoon

20. When one sets eyes upon ones town,village or settlement etc then he should recite:

Allaahummajjall lanaa bihaa qaraa ra'warizqan hasanaa

“Oh Allah, make for us in it a place of staying and grant us good sustenance”

21. If one returns from a journey at night then one should not go home immediately but rather spend the night in the Masjid and go home the next day. This applies for Male’s only)

22. If the family is aware of your late arrival and is expecting you, then there is no harm in going home immediately. (Mirkaat‐ Vol.7, pg.338)

23. It was the habit of Rasulallah (Pbuh) that when he came back from a journey he did so around Chasht time (Breakfast time). He first went to the Masjid, read 2 rakats of Nafl prayer and sat in the Masjid meeting people for a little while before going home. (Bukhari)

24. Those who have excess provisions should consider those who have less (Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.