/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating food cooked by a drunk person...

Yusuf Saeed
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
:sl:

I'm wondering if eating food cooked by someone who is drunk at the time of cooking is considered haram or not... Maybe someone can tell me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM

When food is cooked by someone, especially a non-Muslim, you ask what they've put into it, to see if it's halaal for you or not.

How can someone who was drunk at the time of cooking tell you what they put in it? They won't know.

It could have wine, pork, anything......

AlHoda
01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

When food is cooked by someone, especially a non-Muslim, you ask what they've put into it, to see if it's halaal for you or not.

How can someone who was drunk at the time of cooking tell you what they put in it? They won't know.

It could have wine, pork, anything......
Indeed, they might as well could have put poison in your food.

AlHoda
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
If you don't mind asking, is someone cooking your food when they are drunk?
If so, then do not eat it. Maybe you could try to cook your own food, it is just too risky?
And Allah knows best. :D
:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yusuf Saeed
01-05-2010, 06:54 AM

JazakAllah Khairun for the replies...

Well, yes, sometimes it happens that I'm offered a food cooked by someone who's been drunk while cooking.

But supposing that I know the food doesn't contain any haram ingredients and the person cooking wouldn't be too drunk not to know what is in the food then would it be okay?

north_malaysian
01-05-2010, 06:56 AM
erm.. i have a question... can a drunk dude cook?

Yusuf Saeed
01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
erm.. i have a question... can a drunk dude cook?

I do not mean someone who is so drunk that cannot even stand up...

I just mean someone who has consumed some alcohol however small the amount of it is.

Insaanah
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed
But supposing that I know the food doesn't contain any haram ingredients and the person cooking wouldn't be too drunk not to know what is in the food then would it be okay?

But who defines what is too drunk and what isn't? Supposing he tells you I put xyz ingredients in, but actually, he was drunk and didn't remember that in reality he put xya ingredients in?

That is going down a very dangerous path. Do not eat food cooked by a drunk person or someone that has consumed alcohol. If the worst comes to the worst, try to cook something simple for yourself.

Yusuf Saeed
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a bother here but what if I'm completely sure there are no haram ingredients in the cooked food? For example fried potatoes with nothing added to them...

I'd just like to know if islam prohibits eating food made by a person who has consumed alcohol or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.