/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Personal Reminders.

Donia
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Asalaamu alaikum.

I apologize if a thread like this already exists. I just wanted to share something that happened to me recently and wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this..?

Just a little background.. I tend to think a lot. I think it's just in my nature. Just have stuff on my mind a lot I guess.

I was driving and I was having some thoughts about life, the world and stuff like that. I believe shaytaan put his two cents in because I started thinking about how some people wait until they are older to start living righteously because they are to *young* right now. Also, that if I don't try so much to do the right things, it's okay because life is pretty long (Astaghfurillah.) and my mind even pointed out to me... "Look, in your own neighborhood you haven't even seen or heard of anyone dying. Not even one person so it's not as common or easy to happen." (Again astaghfurillah.) Well... SubhanAllah, right as I was thinking that very thought, I saw a person being wheeled out of their home on a gurney ( I believe that's what it's called ) with a blanket covering them. They were deceased and being taken to a van to be taken away. SubhanAllah.. I was just in shock almost. I didn't even say these thoughts out loud. Just thinking them and Allah gave me a reminder alhumdulillah. Never take anything for granted and keep striving to be on the right path... and ignore shaytaan. He can be relentless.. Adhubillah. May Allah protect us and guide us. Ameen.

Anyone else had stuff like that happen? I'd be curious to know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
^ :sl: sis,
Subhanallah, this is just a reminder that death will come to everyone like a smack on the face..we won't even get a day's reminder..we should prepare ourselves as if we are going to die tonight..and we'll never know except Allah (swt)..
Your reminder is so true and that person probably didn't even know that they were gonna die..
Jazaakalahu khayran sis for sharing this important reminder and May Allah bless you for taking your time to type it up..
:wa:

cat eyes
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
:sl:sis

i get these stupid thoughts to where i think that i''m still young and have alot of time to do good deeds and i can repent later. Alhamdulilah i pray and everything but i get the most stupid thoughts that if anyone was to hear these thoughts they'd probably slap me. i mean how do u stop these thoughts anyone and we wont be young forever i just keep on saying that to myself but seeing people dying which have to admit i havent seen a dead body in years or have not heard of anyone dying lately maybe if i had the same experience as you. it would wake me up also

tango92
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
man so much stuff has happened its not even funny

this one time before my C2 maths a level paper i was overconfident. when i sat the exam i got nearly every answer i answered correct. so i sat there relaxing till the last 5 mins then started checking my work. what do you know i forgot to turn over the question paper and there was another major question there. my whole educational career flashed infront of my eyes lol. SubhanAllah its ony due to Allahs mercy i passed the exam that day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.