/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Qur'an in my Cellphone

Ramadhan
01-06-2010, 03:39 AM
I have Al Qur'an software installed in my Blackberry, complete with translations, tafseer and recitation.
Does my Blackberry now qualify as a mushaf?
I also have hadiths books application in it as well.

Here's my dilemma: I almost always have my blackberry with me in my pants pocket whenever I'm out of house or office and so unavoidably I still have it with me whenever I go to the toilet. I am concerned that this is not allowed. Of course I never turn on those applications when I'm in filthy places, but what is the ruling on this issue?

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
01-06-2010, 04:35 AM
It is not mushaf, it is your mobile only.

I understand respect is a good thing, but unfortunately, Muslim Ummah has been put in the dilemma to respect the holy book in such a way, we have kept it on the very high places in our home/lives and never even glance on it. Quran is revealed to recite, understand (Walaqad yasarnal Quraana lizzikar, fahal mim mudakkir).

CosmicPathos
01-06-2010, 04:52 AM
I agree. Its electronic format made up of basically 0s and 1s. Just do not open the application in the washroom.

'Abd al-Baari
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
:sl:

These mobile phones in which Qur’aan is put in written or recorded form do not come under the same ruling as the Mus-haf, so it is permissible to touch them without having purified oneself and it is permissible to take them into the washroom with one, because writing Qur’aan on the mobile phone is not like writing it in a Mus-haf. It takes the form of waves that appear and disappear, and its letters are not fixed, and the mobile phone may contain Qur’aan and other things.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/106961/

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
This reminds me of:
Once someone asked Sh. Abdullah Al-mutalk(Arab sheikh).

Sorry can't translate but found it funny :D

في أحد البرامج أتصل عليه مستفتي وقال يا شيخ :

( انا ادخل بالجوال في دورة المياه ومخزن فيه القرآن الكريم )
هل يجوز ذلك ؟
جاوبه الشيخ المطلق لابأس !!
كرر السؤال فقال : لكن فيه القران مخزن ؟؟!!
قال الشيخ : يا أخى لا بأس هو محفوظ في ذاكرة الجهاز !
رد السائل بقوله : هذا القرآن يا شيخ هل يجوز أن يدخل دورة المياة !!!؟؟
قال الشيخ : أنت حافظ شي من القرآن؟
جاوب السائل : نعم يا شيخ حافظ الكثير .
قال الشيخ :
خلاص اذا بغيت تدخل دورة المياه
:D خل مخك برا

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.