/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Someone once asked what allah looked like....

gabriel
01-06-2010, 06:29 AM
I was doing some research on this question and i stumbled upon this one website that answered this question as best as they could. It was a very beautiful answer, and I'm sure you guys would appreciate it as well. so here it is....

Allah doesn't have a physical form. And also no one knows how He looks like.

Some people dont know what "Allah" actually means so I'll tell you.

It basically means "The one true God" or perhaps "God" in English. Many people mistake the word Allah as a name for god, but it actually just means god. "please correct me if im wrong, but thats how i got explained"

How could we know how god looks like :P .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bismillah (In the name of God)

He is the most beautiful "being" that exist.

The Messenger described Allah, as "His veil is Light, if He unveils it, the Light of His Face will burn all what His Sight reaches (which is everything!)" [Muslim]

Quran 112:4 "And there is none comparable to Allah"

Quran 6:103 "No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision..."

And if you ask about the Day of Increase (in reward) and the visit of the all-Mighty, all-Wise, and the sight of His Face - free from any resemblance or likeness to anything -(you will see him) as you see the Sun in the middle of the day and the full Moon on a cloudless night,

then listen on the day that the caller will call: 'O People of Paradise! Your Lord - Blessed and Exalted - requests you to visit Him, so come to visit Him!' So they will say: 'We hear and obey!'

Until, when they finally reach the wide valley where they will all meet - and none of them will turn down the request of the caller - the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will order His Chair(throne) to be brought there. Then, pulpits of light will emerge, as well as pulpits of pearls, gemstone, gold, and silver.

The lowest of them in rank will sit on sheets of musk, and will not see what those who are on the chairs above them are given. When they are comfortable where they are sitting and are secure in their places, and the caller calls: 'O People of Paradise! You have an appointment with Allaah in which He wishes to reward you!' So they will say: 'And what is that reward? Has He not already made our faces bright, made our scales heavy, entered us into Paradise, and pushed us away from the Fire?'

And when they are like that, all of a sudden a light shines that encompasses all of Paradise. So, they raise their heads, and, behold: the Compeller - Exalted is He, and Holy are His Names - has come to them from above them and majestified them and said: 'O People of Paradise! Peace be upon you!' So, this greeting will not be responded to with anything better than: 'O Allaah! You are Peace, and from You is Peace! Blessed are You, O possessor of Majesty and Honor!' So the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will laugh to them and say: 'O People of Paradise! Where are those who used to obey Me without having ever seen Me? This is the Day of Increase!'

So, they will all give the same response: 'We are pleased, so be pleased with us!' So, He will say: 'O People of Paradise! If I were not pleased with you, I would not have made you inhabitants of My Paradise! So, ask of Me!' So, they will all give the same response: 'Show us your Face so that we may look at it!' So, the Lord - Mighty and Majestic - will remove his covering and will majestify them and will cover them with His Light, which, if Allaah - the Exalted - had not Willed not to burn them, would have burned them.

And there will not remain a single person in this gathering except that his Lord - the Exalted - will speak to him and say: 'Do you remember the day that you did this and that?' and He will remind him of some of his bad deeds in the Worldy life, so he will say: 'O Lord! Will you not forgive me?' So, He will say: 'Of course! You have not reached this position of yours (in Paradise) except by my forgiveness.'

So, how sweet is this speech to the ears, and how cooled are the righteous eyes by the glance at His Noble Face in the Afterlife…

{Some faces that Day will be shining and radiant, looking at their Lord…} (al-Qiyaamah:22-3)

[from the amazing and beautiful book Haadi al-Arwaah ilaa Bilaad il-Afraah by Ibn al-Qayyim, pg. 193] from At-Tibyaan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bilaljamil
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Asalaam alaykom. Thank you brother 4 such a beautiful answer and explanitation it is truly eye watering thank you. May ALLAHS mercy and blessing be upon u.

Hamza Asadullah
01-09-2010, 04:59 AM
:sl:

Here is the video which is just as eye watering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJmSzpuRiE

:wa:

gabriel
01-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the youtube link Hamza. Jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.