/* */

PDA

View Full Version : flag

welcome_islam
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
salam! i am just wondering, does anyone know where i can get Green Eid Milad un nabi flag. i want to buy one but i cant find anywhere to buy them. So plz if anyone knows where to get them, let me now thanks.

welcome_islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Mawlid al-Nabi (the Prophet’s birthday)
Why some people accept and some unaccept the celebration of the prophet ( )? What is your opinion?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Sis its best to stay away from such celebrations

welcome_islam
01-07-2010, 12:21 AM
But on that day, we talk about the prophet Muhammad and what he has done for us. We also sing naats and nasheeds. We also have prayed for him and do a dua and then. what is wrong with that? i know we should do it everyday but that month is when the Prophet Muhmmad was born. We should all make special and that is what our family is doing...i dont see what is wrong with that.

If we celebrate the prophets Muhammad's birthday in a haram way like singing and dancing and drinking alchol, then i understand but getting everyone around to ones house and just having talks and sing naats and nasheeds about the Prophet Muhammad. i dont think there is anything wrong with that.

aadil77
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by welcome_islam
But on that day, we talk about the prophet Muhammad and what he has done for us. We also sing naats and nasheeds. We also have prayed for him and do a dua and then. what is wrong with that? i know we should do it everyday but that month is when the Prophet Muhmmad was born. We should all make special and that is what our family is doing...i dont see what is wrong with that.

If we celebrate the prophets Muhammad's birthday in a haram way like singing and dancing and drinking alchol, then i understand but getting everyone around to ones house and just having talks and sing naats and nasheeds about the Prophet Muhammad. i dont think there is anything wrong with that.
The point is why single out that day when you can do it every day. No one loved the prophet more the companions of rasulullah, their love for him is uncomparable to how much we love him and they never celebrated his birthday, its clear from this that these type of celebrations are modern innovations by us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
It can be explained in another way. We offer 2 Fard in Fajr but if we say, why we can not offer 4 as offering Sala is a way to praise Him (Allah) and it is a good thing. We are doing more, we will be rewarded more.

Your answer will be NO, we can not do this, because it is not directed and nobody precticed it like this from Sahaba (ridhwan Allah).

May Allah (SWT) protect us from all kind of bida'a.

S_87
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
But on that day, we talk about the prophet Muhammad and what he has done for us. We also sing naats and nasheeds. We also have prayed for him and do a dua and then. what is wrong with that?
in simple yes or no, did the sahabas who remembered and loved him more than we could imagine do this? his own family?
any record of it?

We are clearly told how to love muhammed :arabic5: in the Quran:

Say: "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
3:31

Salahudeen
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The like of Uthmaan, Abu Bakr, Umar didn't do it, if there was any good in it they would have done it and excelled at it. But the fact is they never celebrated it cos the prophet pbuh didn't teach them to.

welcome_islam
01-11-2010, 02:20 AM
many people think it is haram to celebrate the Prophet muhammad's birthday and it is not. i believe that we can celebreate as its the birthday of someone so special to us..

S_87
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
many people think it is haram to celebrate the Prophet muhammad's birthday and it is not. i believe that we can celebreate as its the birthday of someone so special to us..
Dear sister,
do you have any direction from Quran and Sunnah on this matter to back up your opinion? or is it strictly just your opinion?

Abdul Qadir
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
salam! i am just wondering, does anyone know where i can get Green Eid Milad un nabi flag. i want to buy one but i cant find anywhere to buy them. So plz if anyone knows where to get them, let me now thanks.

welcome_islam
sis, assalamuaialkum wr wa br..

whatever we do, we must have 2 things...strong evidences to support that act, and the scholars' consensus...otherwise, the act is not only rejected, but u have to answer for it...the religion is complete...we should not add anything or subtract anything..."man amilan amalan laisa alaihi fahuwa RaaD"...when one does an act of worship that has not been prescribed to him (by Muhammad), then thats a waste...

Abdul Qadir
01-12-2010, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
in simple yes or no, did the sahabas who remembered and loved him more than we could imagine do this? his own family?
any record of it?

We are clearly told how to love muhammed :arabic5: in the Quran:

Say: "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
3:31
this sister has quoted all u need to know in the last para...period...

welcome_islam
01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
If you believe that it is wrong celebrating the Prophet Muhammad's birthday and say that it doesnt say it in the quran then where in the quran shows us how to do Wudu? but we have to do it. It aslo doesnt tell us how to read namaz but we do it!

In the quran Allah says if i give you something new and happy, you should celebrate it...Allah has given us Prophet Muhammad and we should celebrate his birthday.

It was the Prophet Muhammad, who deserves the credit for spreading the light of knowledge, equality and peace in the nations of the world. He was the one who tell us the message of 'there is one god and that is allah.

Muslims have found unique Islamic forms of worship to express their joy, their gratitude and their connection to the birth of Prophety Muhammad. He gave us more than a nation? He gave us an ummah!

So why not rejoice in that event? Remember his greatness, his courage, his leadership?and thank Allah (swt) for that day he favored and honored us to be of the Nation of Muhammad and As the Best Nation on earth, will we not enter Paradise first for the greatness of our prophet?

Prophet Isa, said, "O Allah, send for us a heavenly table that we will eat from; and it will be a feast for the first of us and for the last of us...." [5: 114] That feast was held in honor of a heavenly table, sent down from paradise full of food: seven loaves of bread and seven fish, and just for a table of food, an `eid of the christains was held. Whatthen we can't celebrate a bitrthday for a man who has done so much for us and who Allah has sent to help us. doesnt this day of this great leader at least be celebrated?

Many people get confused that The Prophet Muhammads (s) birthday is a eid...its not but an important event that took place for humanity. He was the one that brought us the two eid...he is is reason why we celebrate the eids...What do we do on his birthday...cry? No of course not make celebration and joy that Allah sent this great leader to us to help us.

Muslim narrated that, "Abi Qatada said that the Prophet Muhammad was asked about fasting on Monday and he said, That was the day I was born." This hadith is clear evidence of the importance of the commemoration of the Prophets birthday through worship.

To celebrate the Prophet's birthday is to celebrate Islam, because the Prophet is the symbol of Islam. We are asked to know about our Prophet, about his life, about his miracles, about his birth, about his manners, about his faith, about his worship, and is not this knowledge an obligation for every Muslim? What is better than celebrating and remembering his birth? on his birthday...To remember his birth begins to remind us of everything else about him. This will make Allah happy with us because then we will be able to know the Prophet's life better, and we will be readier to take the Prophet as an example for ourselves, to correct ourselves, and to imitate him. That is why the celebration of his birthday is a great favor sent to us. The

The best innovation in our day is the remembrance of the Prophet's birthday. On that day, people give much donations, make much worship, show much love to the Prophet, and give much thanks to Allah Almighty for sending them His messenger to keep them on the Sunna and Shari`a of Islam.

Insaanah
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
If you believe that it is wrong celebrating the Prophet Muhammad's birthday and say that it doesnt say it in the quran then where in the quran shows us how to do Wudu? but we have to do it. It aslo doesnt tell us how to read namaz but we do it!.
:sl:

Yes because we have to follow Qur'an AND sunnah. the command is in the Qur'an and how to do it is in the sunnah which is recorded in the ahadeeth.

So which hadeeth tells us to celebrate his birthday? With full reference please. I'm not talking about fasting, I want a hadeeth ijn which rasoolullah sallaallaahu alaihi wa sallam specifically tells us to celebrate his birthday every year, and tell me which of his sahaaba celebrated it as an example for us to follow, as they were the most rightly guided of the ummah.

Or did rasoolullah sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam himself celebrate anyone's brthday, as an exampe for us to follow?

Or (Allah forbid) did rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam forget to teach us this supposed part of our deen hence we have had to complete it ourselves? Do we know better than rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam? Astaghfirullah

aadil77
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Weak argument ^, we weren't arguing that we only follow the Quran, the quran doesn't tell us how to do wudhu but that is what the sunnah of rasulullah was for, the sunnah also tells us to stay away from innovations.

Where in the sunnah does it say 'celebrate my birthday after I pass away'? Celebrating birthdays are the traditions of non-muslims, the prophet tells us not to imitate them

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-12-2010, 11:39 PM
If you believe that it is wrong celebrating the Prophet Muhammad's birthday and say that it doesnt say it in the quran then where in the quran shows us how to do Wudu? but we have to do it. It aslo doesnt tell us how to read namaz but we do it!

In the quran Allah says if i give you something new and happy, you should celebrate it...Allah has given us Prophet Muhammad and we should celebrate his birthday.

It was the Prophet Muhammad, who deserves the credit for spreading the light of knowledge, equality and peace in the nations of the world. He was the one who tell us the message of 'there is one god and that is allah.

Muslims have found unique Islamic forms of worship to express their joy, their gratitude and their connection to the birth of Prophety Muhammad. He gave us more than a nation? He gave us an ummah!

So why not rejoice in that event? Remember his greatness, his courage, his leadership?and thank Allah (swt) for that day he favored and honored us to be of the Nation of Muhammad and As the Best Nation on earth, will we not enter Paradise first for the greatness of our prophet?

Prophet Isa, said, "O Allah, send for us a heavenly table that we will eat from; and it will be a feast for the first of us and for the last of us...." [5: 114] That feast was held in honor of a heavenly table, sent down from paradise full of food: seven loaves of bread and seven fish, and just for a table of food, an `eid of the christains was held. Whatthen we can't celebrate a bitrthday for a man who has done so much for us and who Allah has sent to help us. doesnt this day of this great leader at least be celebrated?

Many people get confused that The Prophet Muhammads (s) birthday is a eid...its not but an important event that took place for humanity. He was the one that brought us the two eid...he is is reason why we celebrate the eids...What do we do on his birthday...cry? No of course not make celebration and joy that Allah sent this great leader to us to help us.

Muslim narrated that, "Abi Qatada said that the Prophet Muhammad was asked about fasting on Monday and he said, That was the day I was born." This hadith is clear evidence of the importance of the commemoration of the Prophets birthday through worship.

To celebrate the Prophet's birthday is to celebrate Islam, because the Prophet is the symbol of Islam. We are asked to know about our Prophet, about his life, about his miracles, about his birth, about his manners, about his faith, about his worship, and is not this knowledge an obligation for every Muslim? What is better than celebrating and remembering his birth? on his birthday...To remember his birth begins to remind us of everything else about him. This will make Allah happy with us because then we will be able to know the Prophet's life better, and we will be readier to take the Prophet as an example for ourselves, to correct ourselves, and to imitate him. That is why the celebration of his birthday is a great favor sent to us. The

The best innovation in our day is the remembrance of the Prophet's birthday. On that day, people give much donations, make much worship, show much love to the Prophet, and give much thanks to Allah Almighty for sending them His messenger to keep them on the Sunna and Shari`a of Islam.
Aslaamu alaaykum sistah :)..
It doesnt say in the Quraan how to do wudhu (Ablution)? sis that is incorrect, read the following verse Insha`Allah:

O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge), purify yourself (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey or any of you comes from answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e. sexual intercourse) and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour on you that you may be thankful.[Surah 5 Al-Maidah]

However, the Q`uraan also commands a muslim to pray salaah, it tells us which way to face (Qiblah)whilst praying and how many times we should pray. The hadith tell us how we should pray and how many times we should pray, was all found in the Hadith.
Insha`Allaah check this verses one by one:
1) Salaat al-Fajr [24:58]
2) Salaat al-Wusta The Middle Prayer [2:238]
3) Salaat al-Maghrib [Soorah al-Israa, 17:78]
4) Salaat al-’Asr: [Soorah Younus, 11:114]
5) Salaat Al-Ishaa [24:58]

However this verse is an example related to not celebrating birthdays:
“Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day and remembers Allaah much.” [al-Ahzaab 33:21]

From the verse you see The prophet Muhammad (saw) was an example a perfect example for the whole of mankind, a rolemodel, as we are to live our lives the way he rasoolalah sallahu alayhi wa salam lived his. He never celebrated his own birthday, or any one elses. As its an act of imating the Kafir who celebrated birthdays for centuries before the prophets time.
Celebrating the Prophet's birthday is bida (an innovation in the religion); the Prophet (saaws) did not instruct others to do it, and he didn't have companions around him doing it and then give any type of permission (including silent permission).

We are not to make distinction between any of the Prophets. Distinction in status, for instance. Like to say one is better than another. This leads to idol worship, similar to what the christians did when they began to worship Jesus instead of treat him as the Prophet he was. They just took it a step too far.. and kept running with it, up to what it is today.

The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has said: Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger' [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

The message of the prophet as the previous prophets was to teach that "There is only 1 God". and the other sister who posted this verse:

"Say O Muhammad : If you Love Allaah, then follow me, Allaah will love you,and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is oft Forgiving,Most mercyful [3:31]
SubhanAllaah the verse speaks for itself. The prophet never did it, and we are supposed to follow his way of life (sallahu alayhi wa salam), then what gives anyone the right to celebrate his birthday?

The other prophets never did this, and because of that Allaah tells us not to make distinctions between the prophets alltogether.

Read the following verses Insha`Allaah:

The Noble Qur'an 2:285

The Messenger (Muhammad ) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allâh, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."
Yes SubhanAllaah the prophet Sallahu alayhi wa salam was perfect in all ways, but it doesnt mean we do something he never taught us to do, or commanded us to do sis, as it can go extreme.

To rejoice and be happy of the Ummah we should be living everyday like he Rasoolalah (saw) did, that is how we are grateful to him sister, to remmeber Allaah, to pray every salaah with humbleness, that is being grateful.
Yes we will enter paradise if we follow the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam his teachings etc.
And the verse you posted 5:114, sister i dont know how that is connected to the celebrating the prophets birthday at all.

He Rasoolalah (saw) was the one that brought the Eid,true.But Who told him to bring the Eids, Allaah did. we dont celebrate for the prophet, but because he taught us these are only celebrations we must celebrate.(Eid ul fitr and Eid ul adha.)

A few of the reasons of celebrating the prophets birthday is it can lead to many haraam such as idol worship,over praising the prophet, shirk of exessive prais etc..
Excessive praise falls into shirk quickly.Doing anything in excess of what we were commanded to do, is exceeding the limits and oppressing oneself. The

Noble Qur'an - An-Nisa 4:171
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. ...

The hadith you posted by "Muslim", could you show me the Book Number InshaAllaah?, and it doesnt clearly proove that the importance of the commemoration of the Prophets birthday through worship.

Sister there is no such thing as "Celebrate Islaam" where did you get that from? We are obliged to know about the prophet,how he lived his life about his miracles, about his birth, about his manners, about his faith, about his worship and yes sister Indeed it is knowledge and that is all it is, it has nothing related to over praising him or celebrating the birthday.
you said:What is better than celebrating and remembering his birth? sister we are not even taught about celebrating his birthday, its brought up by culture, and if you disagree, Insha`Allaah do you have a source you can provide?
You have to bring proof to prove your point is true, or else people will remain in doubt.
We as muslims are suppose to do everything the prophet did. etc.but did he ever celibrate his own birthday? even his close companions never celebrated,and if so, why wasnt the birth dates of any companion or wife of the prophet etc. mentioned in any book or evidently that anyones birth day as remmebered?
It will Make Allaah happy by us following his commandments, hence Allaah allmighty never commanded birth dates to be celebrated anywhere....

You said:The best innovation in our day is the remembrance of the Prophet's birthday. On that day, people give much donations, make much worship, show much love to the Prophet, and give much thanks to Allah Almighty for sending them His messenger to keep them on the Sunna and Shari`a of Islam

Do you know thats almost like worshipping the being? while doing everything for the prophet etc..we are commanded to take in the Shariah and Sunnah and put it in everyday and second of our life.

Thank you for your time sis, Insha`Allaah.
if i have said anything wrong or bad forgive me :(
and take care sister.
wa alaaykum salaam..x.X.x
:statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
01-13-2010, 12:44 AM
1. eid is also a special day for us. if i (or anyone else) wanted to extra ibaadah on that day (since its all holy and all), what is the evidence that doing extra on that special day would increase me in reward? all those prayers and worship and extra ibaadah would increase us in reward just becuase it is eid day hasn't been proven. so why take that day to increase in ibaadah and hope for reward when neither Allah or rasolloullah (sallalahu aheyhi wa sallam))or the sali7een have specified that singling that day out in worship will increase me in rewards?

please tell me, where is the daleel that listening to that particular nasheed or doing that extra prayer or that extra dhikr just because the prophet was born on that day will increase you in reward?

2. did you know also, there is a difference of opinion of the date of his (sallalahu alayhi wa sallam) birth anyway.

3. this mawlid thing is sounding disturbingly similar to Christmas :)

4. birthdays are originally pagan aswell.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.