/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is ALLAH allowed to be said by other religion?

SweetCherryPie
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
:sl:

This is something that has been lingering on my mind for a while now. There's a rave (and no, I'm not talking the rave-party kind) going on on FB on this particular matter where a group of people are going against the non-Muslims using Allah's name and then, there's another group saying it should be allowed for other religion to utter or rather use Allah's name.

I don't know what's the issue here ... does anyone? Is it really wrong? What do you personally think of this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
01-07-2010, 05:19 AM
the only problem i guess... their real meaning of Allah would be far different than the islamic ways :(

Ramadhan
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
If Allah is used to describe an entity who is split into 3 different persons whose a component is mortal, then of course it is a blasphemy and NOT allowed.

But anyone could say/use the name of Allah SWT to refer in deference to the Creator, the One and Only, The Eternal and The Absolute, Begets not Nor Begotten, And none is unlike Him.

malayloveislam
01-11-2010, 03:55 AM
They use it to say Allah Yesus (Fili Dei), Allah Bapa (Pater Dei), n Ruh Kudus (Spiritu Sanctu) and wanted to use it in their circulatory weekend bulletin, they said it's only for church-goers circulation...

They use Allah like a general term for god or might be Trinitarian God or gods of them.

some people are taking moderate views concerning this issue... but some are just enraging without any knowledge because they just follow others' did. we've heard the majlis fatwa kebangsaan (national fatwa council) had been talking about this and they had made leaflets and also several Muslim NGO's had made clear the issue.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
01-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Hmmmmm:hmm:

I have been told by many Muslims that it is ok for me to call God Allah. Soooo why the arguement? I was also told by many Muslims that we worship the same God? So if we worship the same God, and Allah is only an Arabic translation of God where is the sin in that?

I personally know many Christians who say Allah. And all or most Arab Christians call God Allah. In fact there is still areas, like in Syria where Muslims and Christians have Mosques and church's next door to each other, and they speak Aramaic....both of them. They even live in peace together and eat together. And when in conversation call God, Allah .......together.

In fact I say Allah on this site. What does that mean for me? No one has said anything to me about this?

Maybe i'm just rambling, sorry....i don't mean to waist your time. I know I am just a guest here.

malayloveislam
01-11-2010, 05:48 AM
It's more to cultural problem if it's my personal view. Malay people in Malaysia must be a Muslim and all of their religious term concerning Islamic faith should be exclusive only for Islam. They regard Islam as apart of their culture, not merely a religion anymore.

Malay Muslim were previously Hindu-Buddhists, they became Muslims around 8th - 14 th C according to their region if it's related to Malaysia. Other countries of SEA like Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand have their own history and Islamic history too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.