/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Younger Siblings

Beardo
01-07-2010, 04:20 PM
I understand the older brother is like a father but does the older brother have any specific responsibilities himself?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
:sl:
I was wondering the same, I am the oldest of six, I hope some answers your question.
:wa:

Beardo
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I was wondering the same, I am the oldest of six, I hope some answers your question.
:wa:
Oldest of six. That means you have five minions to your bidding.

Us younger siblings have some rights, I'm sure.

Anyone know?

OurIslamic
01-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes, I'm an older brother, and know my responsibilities :).

Older siblings, especially brothers, (have the responsibility to teach his younger siblings about Islam because must act as if he is his parent.

Younger siblings are required to respect their older siblings (brothers like a father). On the flip side, older siblings are supposed to respect their younger siblings as well as taking care of them.

That's the basic gist of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-07-2010, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Yes, I'm an older brother, and know my responsibilities :).

Older siblings, especially brothers, (have the responsibility to teach his younger siblings about Islam because must act as if he is his parent.

Younger siblings are required to respect their older siblings (brothers like a father). On the flip side, older siblings are supposed to respect their younger siblings as well as taking care of them.

That's the basic gist of it.
I should have made myself clear.

I will ONLY take advice from a non-elder sibling. >_> You're opinion is obviously bias.

OurIslamic
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, lol :P.

jaz
01-08-2010, 06:16 AM
I don't think our brother is being biased, I believe what he say is true. Siblings must respect each other and look after each other. It's actually kind of nice and comforting to have the older siblings who cares and would look after the younger ones while our parents are away :) (I'm youngest by the way hehe)

tango92
01-08-2010, 08:09 AM
i am smack in the middle. one older sister and one younger. i find myself taking care of both. ha

heres the inside secret, really older siblings are just there for money!

Raaina
01-08-2010, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i am smack in the middle. onme older sister and one younger. i find myself taking care of both. ha

heres the inside secret, really older siblings are just there for money!
Aww this is why I get frequently asked for money!

I am the eldest sibling, I have one younger brother and one younger sister. I look after them both when my parent's are away. I worry about my sister alot. My brother also looks after us :) when I lived on my own and got broken into and didn't want to go into the flat on my own, he'd come all the way across town, just to go into my flat before me so I wouldn't be afraid.

Despite our arguements, we'd all protect and look after each other :statisfie

maisha
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
i am not the oldest and have older sisters and they deffinetly act like they are in charge and somtimes act like my mum! :)
so i hope that helps! :)

tango92
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Aww this is why I get frequently asked for money!

I am the eldest sibling, I have one younger brother and one younger sister. I look after them both when my parent's are away. I worry about my sister alot. My brother also looks after us :) when I lived on my own and got broken into and didn't want to go into the flat on my own, he'd come all the way across town, just to go into my flat before me so I wouldn't be afraid.

Despite our arguements, we'd all protect and look after each other :statisfie
you must have a v righteous bro.
sounds alot like my family. theres usually some tag team battle in my house with two siblings vs the third. ha!

and as an older brother you must be able to dish out useful yet meaningless advice to seem like your smarter than the littluns. (yh ive played this game for a looong time)

luqmanqureshi19
06-07-2016, 08:31 PM
And what about the one who scoldes you even when you are quite and lying on the bed and doing nothing?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.