/* */

PDA

View Full Version : moisturizer help

cat eyes
01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
:sl:

since the weather is extremely cold now and everything i want to moisturize my face because it gets extremely dry and tight after doing wudhu and things so i can not seem to find any halal moisturizers on the market at all :(

i was using a cream before but somebody told me it had the pig ingredient in it and i threw it in the bin. i went off moisturizers for a long time since people seem to blame it on why there is a rise on skin cancer because of certain moisturizers.

what do you sisters use? because i cant find anything suitable and i am insecure of some of the ingredients they put in those creams to

Your help will be very much appreciated :)
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2010, 05:58 PM

I don't know if Aveeno has anything funky but that's what I use..if not that I use mostly homemade stuff. I tend to stay away from moisturizers as it doesn't always help me..other than Aveeno. But even that doesn't always work :p

As for homemade stuff I use glycerin and rose water together and apply it to my face overnight...if you have enough you could use it everywhere, that's not a problem.
I also mix milk and lemon together and massage that to my face as well. Rinse it when it dries..you don't need to use soap for this...for the glycerin and rose water you will need to. Sometimes I just put yogurt on my face too...makes it feel cool :p Then just rinse with water wen it dries. Btw, you can put it in your hair too..gets rid of the heat in your head, cooling it down. Acts as a conditioner too.

There are other things that I can't exactly think of right now..will mention it later.

:w:

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Chapped up face ? madame look no further

Snowflake
01-10-2010, 01:21 AM
^Are you sure that's for faces? Looks like something you'd use on furniture :X

Olive/almond oil is best. Massage gently and it will be absorbed without leaving a shine. You can add a drop of lavender oil in it to perfume it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
apparently this stuff helps... read the reviews

http://www.blackseedherb.com/cgi-bin...ore&review=all

it also helps for beard growth lol which is my reason for wanting to buy it... ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-10-2010, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

Olive/almond oil is best. Massage gently and it will be absorbed without leaving a shine. You can add a drop of lavender oil in it to perfume it.
lol duh, cant forget that :)

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 01:56 AM

i was just being silly....inshallah i have caused no offence

Snowflake
01-10-2010, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
lol duh, cant forget that :)
it last for ages too so you save lots of money :)

Btw, O.P. You can wash your face with yogurt. It won't dry your skin out like soap can.

Snowflake
01-10-2010, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i was just being silly....inshallah i have caused no offence
no you didn't bro.. I was actually a bit worried in case you were using it yourself lol. Sorry but I've heard of some women mention some weird things their husband used mistakenly ;D

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
okay.....okay i will share my secret as a good old gesture because ive been too cheeky

i use a small tub of nivea massage nothing more just a small tub and i carry it with me to uni but i conceal it when im in the brothers prayer room in case someone shouts ''EVERYBODY look!! he's got a girly cosmetic product'' and i become the laughing stock

it keeps my face replenished and moist

S_87
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
which cream were you using before if you dont mind saying? so i can stay clear of it too.

simple creams like aqueous cream (from any pharmacy) is light and not greasy used for stuff like this

Raaina
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
okay.....okay i will share my secret as a good old gesture because ive been too cheeky

i use a small tub of nivea massage nothing more just a small tub and i carry it with me to uni but i conceal it when im in the brothers prayer room in case someone shouts ''EVERYBODY look!! he's got a girly cosmetic product'' and i become the laughing stock

I use this to :statisfie

cat eyes
01-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Chapped up face ? madame look no further

Alhamduliah my face is not chapped brother.:offended: its pure white and clear Alhamdulilah! it just gets little dry in winter:Evil:

cat eyes
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM

lol so u use girls products, thanks for the laugh

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
lol so u use girls products, thanks for the laugh
My mother advices me to wear moisturizer because for years i went out of the house looking like this :

Snowflake
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
^hahahaha

Nivea is alright. Oil is better though. You can slap some on your face whilst you're cooking. Jkz. It's pure from chemicals so that makes it better. :)

-Elle-
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM

since the weather is extremely cold now and everything i want to moisturize my face because it gets extremely dry and tight after doing wudhu and things so i can not seem to find any halal moisturizers on the market at all :(

i was using a cream before but somebody told me it had the pig ingredient in it and i threw it in the bin. i went off moisturizers for a long time since people seem to blame it on why there is a rise on skin cancer because of certain moisturizers.

what do you sisters use? because i cant find anything suitable and i am insecure of some of the ingredients they put in those creams to

pig ingredient in moisturizers? Really? :heated:

I recommend cetaphil; best thing out there...extremely gentle and has no perfume, and it's a trusted brand (plus it works really well). I have the same problem as you, especially during winter, and this works perfectly AlhamdulillAh :) My dermatologist even recommended it once when I had dry skin on my hands( I think, I can't remember anymore,lol).

It's available in most pharmacies, if not all

I use this one:

http://media.dermstore.com/catalog/1...0x300/1113.jpg

Best of luck

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
My mother advices me to wear moisturizer because for years i went out of the house looking like this :

;D:p+o(:skeleton: How geeky lol

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 10:57 PM

well ive found a good nivea moisturizer and i have to say it really is working wonders.. :p so be proud to be a nivea user ahkee :shade:

Abdul Qadir
02-08-2010, 11:01 PM

heard of franch oil? i heard it can be pretty much used for ailments from facial moisturizer to laxatives..haha..kidding about the latter though...

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
heard of franch oil? i heard it can be pretty much used for ailments from facial moisturizer to laxatives..haha..kidding about the latter though...
my class mate use to use oil on her face and the people use to say to her ''your face is so oily you could fry chips on it'' ;D you see i tend to keep away from oil afraid i will break out in big fat greasy spots

Abdul Qadir
02-10-2010, 07:07 AM
my class mate use to use oil on her face and the people use to say to her ''your face is so oily you could fry chips on it'' ;D you see i tend to keep away from oil afraid i will break out in big fat greasy spots
WHAT?? who asked u to apply oil to work/school? thats foolish...u apply it during weekends or before u go to bed...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
^Yea you don't go out like that lol..

cat eyes
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
^Yea you don't go out like that lol..
i suppose when your young you do alot of foolish things. ;D

Snowflake
02-11-2010, 07:22 AM
*cringe* A lot of us pakis used to go to school with oily hair (courtesy of our mums thinking they're doing us a favour) and the goras' would be like, 'you can fry an egg on your head when it's hot' lol :hmm:

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 08:32 AM
used to apply coconut oil when i was in high school...my mum forced me to do it...ARGH...frens made fun of me...and i am a guy!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Well personally there's nothing to be ashamed off! Basically desi ppl r known for thick hair. Well thats my opinion. Would you care about good hair or people makin fun of ya! Who cares yea? :D People wuld find anythin to tease you about. I used to go wiv oil, so what! Some ppl dont even shower or wash their hands when they leave the bathroom lol. Woteva man...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
i suppose when your young you do alot of foolish things. ;D
True but some more than others Lol:D Not saying you of course! :)

cat eyes
02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
*cringe* A lot of us pakis used to go to school with oily hair (courtesy of our mums thinking they're doing us a favour) and the goras' would be like, 'you can fry an egg on your head when it's hot' lol :hmm:
yes i heard that :giggling: poor pakistani's went through an awful time in there youth and i bet you'd get a slap if you didn't agree to it.

cat eyes
02-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Well personally there's nothing to be ashamed off! Basically desi ppl r known for thick hair. Well thats my opinion. Would you care about good hair or people makin fun of ya! Who cares yea? :D People wuld find anythin to tease you about. I used to go wiv oil, so what! Some ppl dont even shower or wash their hands when they leave the bathroom lol. Woteva man...
i don't know whether oil is proven or not to work wonders for your hair because alot of shampoo's already do the job:p i love pantene makes my hair shiny and thick and strong.

so id only use a product thats been tried and tested:) i always had naturally thick hair though.. i use to use oil but found my hair was getting thinned out i don't know whether or not it was just my imagination it must have been that **** oil i got at the asian shop ;D coconut oil it was and the smell of it would be enough to knock you out.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Honestly not all work...so I've noticed, when it comes to oils :S And shampoos never ever help my hair. Unless I use somethin in my hair beforehand, it'll dry out :/ I use this oil I jus got recently, Jojoba oil, it helps a lottt for me. I either use that or yogurt. Maybe henna wiv oil in it, so my hair dont get dry...thats about it :D

I've used coconut oil a few times, wasnt bad. Works better for my skin though :D

heavenlyspot
02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Salaam :-)

Sister, use extra virgin olive oil 3 times a week on your skin. It's obviously 100% natural and won't harm your face. Most moisturizers have additives, even if the ingredients are halaal. It also keeps skin soft & smooth. Then again, I don't want to promote any brand here, but it's useful carrying around vaseline in your bag with you :-)

AlbanianMuslim
02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I love my hair but I wish I had hair like some of the pakistani girls i am friends with at school. Their hair is so thick.

cat eyes
02-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Honestly not all work...so I've noticed, when it comes to oils :S And shampoos never ever help my hair. Unless I use somethin in my hair beforehand, it'll dry out :/ I use this oil I jus got recently, Jojoba oil, it helps a lottt for me. I either use that or yogurt. Maybe henna wiv oil in it, so my hair dont get dry...thats about it :D

I've used coconut oil a few times, wasnt bad. Works better for my skin though :D
hummm i should try jojoba oil then see what thats like :p funny name ;D

Thanks ukhtee

cat eyes
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by heavenlyspot
Salaam :-)

Sister, use extra virgin olive oil 3 times a week on your skin. It's obviously 100% natural and won't harm your face. Most moisturizers have additives, even if the ingredients are halaal. It also keeps skin soft & smooth. Then again, I don't want to promote any brand here, but it's useful carrying around vaseline in your bag with you :-)
yeah your right about that some moisturizers are really not good for the skin at all because they are not natural your right sis i heard that vigin oil is good to:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
hummm i should try jojoba oil then see what thats like :p funny name ;D

Thanks ukhtee
Yea sis you should. Honestly I can tell my hair getting so much better mashaAllah. Nothing has helped my hair as much. I always had very thick hair. When I was starting off with hijab, the fabrics I used...seriously they destroyed my hair and I didnt use any undercaps with them, so that stunk for me. Alhamdulillah it's getting better now and I'm happy.

Btw, we ordered it online. Well my bro did, so check it out online inshaAllah. I don't know if u can find it in a nearby store.

You're welcome sis xx

And yea the name is funny haha :D

Beardo
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Anyone heard of Nivia lotion? :X Works for me. Apply it half hour before you go to school so nobody will notice you put lotion on your face. :X the smell goes away, the effect stays. Apparently it lasts 24 hours, but I make wudhu so I could never test that.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Yea it's been heard of. I think someone also mentioned it earlier in the thread...nivea is good...i like aveeno.

Cabdullahi
02-19-2010, 08:34 PM
there's nothing better than olive oil for pale skin!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!